FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 06:03

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2014, 09:03 
Offline
Key Grip
Key Grip
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2013, 19:02
Posts: 93
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Did anyone else watch True Detective yet? The first episode was pretty damn good. I hope they maintain the momentum. I grew up in the South and I really appreciate the way they captured the "essence" of Louisiana. When the detectives were interviewing people, I told the hubs those are real Louisiana people! I think it was the lady on the porch swing that sold me. Matthew McConaughey is just great. So intense. He creeped me out and wanted to give him a hug at the same time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 14:22 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34729
Location: parts unknown
Good show.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 24 Jan 2014, 14:57 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49270
Location: Rocket City
A² wrote:
Good show.

:green:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2014, 08:13 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8012
Location: Over your shoulder
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
Good show.

:green:

:green:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 30 Jan 2014, 04:23 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 02 Jun 2006, 05:48
Posts: 3413
spymeg wrote:
knarf wrote:
A² wrote:
Good show.

:green:

:green:

:green:

_________________
Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when we're part of a team
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2014, 03:00 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38524
Location: San Francisco
DVRed; yet to watch

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2014, 17:43 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34729
Location: parts unknown
I tried watching a Percy Jackson movie the other night. Alexandra's scene in episode 2 has ruined her for me. I can no longer see her in nice little PG movie roles.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 14:06 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13703
Location: Colorado
A² wrote:
I tried watching a Percy Jackson movie the other night. Alexandra's scene in episode 2 has ruined her for me. I can no longer see her in nice little PG movie roles.

Neither can the president.
Image

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 24 Feb 2014, 17:51 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34729
Location: parts unknown
Odd Todd wrote:
A² wrote:
I tried watching a Percy Jackson movie the other night. Alexandra's scene in episode 2 has ruined her for me. I can no longer see her in nice little PG movie roles.

Neither can the president.
Image

What a fantastic tweet. Her stock keeps rising in my eyes.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 22:23 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Posts: 6143
Location: somewhere
true detective, more like terrific detective!

but seriously, I can't help but wonder what would season 2 be like?

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 22:30 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8012
Location: Over your shoulder
Bill wrote:
true detective, more like terrific detective!

but seriously, I can't help but wonder what would season 2 be like?

It'd be good, but it'd not have mr oscar in it. It's a damn shame too...he's good in this. aalmost makes up for his magic miek fuck up :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 13:21 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13703
Location: Colorado
spymeg wrote:
Bill wrote:
true detective, more like terrific detective!

but seriously, I can't help but wonder what would season 2 be like?

It'd be good, but it'd not have mr oscar in it. It's a damn shame too...he's good in this. aalmost makes up for his magic miek fuck up :D

Variety wrote:
At present, creator Nic Pizzolatto is said to be hunkered down writing scripts for the second season at his home in a picturesque area of Ventura County.

HBO execs have said they intend to order a second season of the anthology series, which will return with new characters and a new mystery to unravel. Speculation about the possible casting for the next batch of episodes is running rampant online, but those in the know say the plan is to wait until a script or two is completed before going out to actors.

As for the focus of the second season, Pizzolatto has been mostly mum but he dropped a good-sized hint in an interview following Sunday’s finale with Hitfix’s Alan Sepinwall.

“This is really early, but I’ll tell you (it’s about) hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system,” he told Hitfix.

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2014, 14:00 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49270
Location: Rocket City
Odd Todd wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Bill wrote:
true detective, more like terrific detective!

but seriously, I can't help but wonder what would season 2 be like?

It'd be good, but it'd not have mr oscar in it. It's a damn shame too...he's good in this. aalmost makes up for his magic miek fuck up :D

Variety wrote:
At present, creator Nic Pizzolatto is said to be hunkered down writing scripts for the second season at his home in a picturesque area of Ventura County.

HBO execs have said they intend to order a second season of the anthology series, which will return with new characters and a new mystery to unravel. Speculation about the possible casting for the next batch of episodes is running rampant online, but those in the know say the plan is to wait until a script or two is completed before going out to actors.

As for the focus of the second season, Pizzolatto has been mostly mum but he dropped a good-sized hint in an interview following Sunday’s finale with Hitfix’s Alan Sepinwall.

“This is really early, but I’ll tell you (it’s about) hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system,” he told Hitfix.

So it's basically Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 16 Mar 2014, 19:13 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34729
Location: parts unknown
I really liked this, even if I had to occasionally (ok, constantly) wonder what someone just said or what was going on.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2015, 12:02 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Surprised no mention of season 2 yet.
One episode in and I'm liking it. Rachel McAdams can't not look gorgeous though. Farrel has been surprisingly good as I really expected him to ham it up. Looking forward to seeing where this goes even though I kind of wish they'd continue the story from season one

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 24 Jun 2015, 18:28 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2003, 10:23
Posts: 1853
Location: My Computer Desk
I felt it was kinda meh. But I felt the same way about the first episode last year and wound up loving the show.
I do feel that it is missing the humor from the first season, there needs to be a character calling out the other characters when they start spouting b.s. like Woody did.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 29 Jun 2015, 19:54 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Spoiler
damn. Did that really just happen?

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 05:15 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2003, 10:23
Posts: 1853
Location: My Computer Desk
Dawson wrote:
Spoiler
damn. Did that really just happen?


Spoiler
It's ok, I'm pretty sure Melisandre will bring him back to life.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 05:23 
Online
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 34274
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
I added a spoiler tag to the thread title. Feel free to talk openly.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 06:56 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8012
Location: Over your shoulder
Brodieman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Spoiler
damn. Did that really just happen?


Spoiler
It's ok, I'm pretty sure Melisandre will bring him back to life.

There is no way they would kill off a main character 2 episodes in, right?? I read an article and the author said they were allowed to view the first 3 episodes, so he couldn't comment on Collin's fate. That leads me to believe he'll be alive...maybe being tortured but he will be alive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: True Detective
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 07:38 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 10:44
Posts: 2702
Location: At work playing poker
spymeg wrote:
Brodieman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Spoiler
damn. Did that really just happen?


Spoiler
It's ok, I'm pretty sure Melisandre will bring him back to life.

There is no way they would kill off a main character 2 episodes in, right?? I read an article and the author said they were allowed to view the first 3 episodes, so he couldn't comment on Collin's fate. That leads me to believe he'll be alive...maybe being tortured but he will be alive.


Spoiler
I thought he was ok after being shot the first time but that second one was the coup de grace and I very much doubt he was wearing a BF vest(

_________________
If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 07:46 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 10:44
Posts: 2702
Location: At work playing poker
Spoiler
Ok what is up with the Eagle's Head? - Mad Native American killing off people polluting the land? not so crazy an idea when you have a cult in the story

_________________
If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 08:14 
Online
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 34274
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
sldawgs wrote:
I added a spoiler tag to the thread title. Feel free to talk openly.

Or, you know...not. ;)

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 08:52 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8012
Location: Over your shoulder
sldawgs wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
I added a spoiler tag to the thread title. Feel free to talk openly.

Or, you know...not. ;)

:lol: I tried


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 11:13 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
I'm hearing a lot of hate for season two but I love it. It does need a woody type character but I'm hooked.

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group