FilmWise Forums
It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 02:38

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 11:22 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 31 Dec 2004, 10:44
Posts: 2699
Location: At work playing poker
Dawson wrote:
I'm hearing a lot of hate for season two but I love it. It does need a woody type character but I'm hooked.


ditto

_________________
If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 03:59 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29277
Location: Gotham's seedier side
I had recorded the first six episodes of Season 2 and thought it was a bit slow to start off, but I really liked the acting from all of the principal characters. As has been previously mentioned, I was amazed seeing Farrell get shot at the end of Episode 2 so I had to follow up with Episode 3 immediately. I binge-watched the last three episodes last night and now I'm nodding off at work.

One thing I really don't get: why do rich and powerful men all seem to like having sex when other rich and powerful men are in the same room? Doesn't anyone enjoy privacy anymore?

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 17:48 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8012
Location: Over your shoulder
Wow! Tonight's episode was intense!!! So sad they got that dude. Something about seeing my girl crush making out with my man crush, made me a little uncomfortable though. :mishchief:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2015, 21:14 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29277
Location: Gotham's seedier side
spymeg wrote:
Wow! Tonight's episode was intense!!! So sad they got that dude. Something about seeing my girl crush making out with my man crush, made me a little uncomfortable though. :mishchief:

Yeah. Does anyone in how many more episodes are left?

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2015, 03:19 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 34260
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Batman wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Wow! Tonight's episode was intense!!! So sad they got that dude. Something about seeing my girl crush making out with my man crush, made me a little uncomfortable though. :mishchief:

Yeah. Does anyone in how many more episodes are left?

Looks like the finale will be on Sunday. The season is 8 episodes long.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 04 Aug 2015, 13:21 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
sldawgs wrote:
Batman wrote:
spymeg wrote:
Wow! Tonight's episode was intense!!! So sad they got that dude. Something about seeing my girl crush making out with my man crush, made me a little uncomfortable though. :mishchief:

Yeah. Does anyone in how many more episodes are left?

Looks like the finale will be on Sunday. The season is 8 episodes long.


I think it's 90 minutes long.

Great episode. Actually really enjoying the season

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Aug 2015, 16:15 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Posts: 6143
Location: somewhere
Meh. Wasn't a fan of this season because the whole 'brooding dark character muttering nonsense meant to sound poetic' thing- it got stale really fast. it only worked as last season because they were self aware of it and had Woody work with that.

that said, Frank's death walk was incredible.

_________________
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Aug 2015, 11:49 
Offline
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
User avatar

Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13703
Location: Colorado
Bill wrote:
Meh. Wasn't a fan of this season because the whole 'brooding dark character muttering nonsense meant to sound poetic' thing- it got stale really fast. it only worked as last season because they were self aware of it and had Woody work with that.

that said, Frank's death walk was incredible.

:green: I kinda agree with all of this.
And where was the iconic nudity huh?! LOL

_________________
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 07:04 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jun 2005, 16:16
Posts: 8012
Location: Over your shoulder
Odd Todd wrote:
Bill wrote:
Meh. Wasn't a fan of this season because the whole 'brooding dark character muttering nonsense meant to sound poetic' thing- it got stale really fast. it only worked as last season because they were self aware of it and had Woody work with that.

that said, Frank's death walk was incredible.

:green: I kinda agree with all of this.
And where was the iconic nudity huh?! LOL

Ditto. The first couple of episdoes and the last couple of episdoes were really good, imo. Everything in between was boring filler. Although, that gun fight was pretty intense. No nudity + no sex = no fun. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 09:12 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49240
Location: Rocket City
spymeg wrote:
No nudity + no sex = no fun. :D

Words to live by :mishchief:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2015, 17:26 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34708
Location: parts unknown
I liked Season 1 but couldn't get into season 2. I even canceled our HBO subscription mid-season to save some money until Thrones comes back.

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Aug 2015, 13:11 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
Season 2 needed some lightheartedness. Just a little woody.
Also. If Colin had died in episode 2 it would have been epic.

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group