Silicon Valley

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Message
Author
User avatar
spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4201
Joined: 01 Jul 2003, 20:27
Gender: Female
Location: Pasadena, CA

Silicon Valley

#1 Post by spivey » 05 May 2014, 11:19

Am I the only gigantic nerd watching this? Discuss.
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

User avatar
redamin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2497
Joined: 09 Aug 2013, 05:56

Re: Silicon Valley

#2 Post by redamin » 05 May 2014, 11:57

I haven't watched it yet because I think I'm going to have to cancel my subscription to HBO soon and I didn't want to get hooked...

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51532
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Silicon Valley

#3 Post by knarf » 05 May 2014, 12:06

spivey wrote:Am I the only gigantic nerd watching this? Discuss.
Nope, not the only one.
Image

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13715
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Silicon Valley

#4 Post by Odd Todd » 05 May 2014, 15:05

knarf wrote:
spivey wrote:Am I the only gigantic nerd watching this? Discuss.
Nope, not the only one.
I've been watching... overall I have been enjoying it the more I watch it.
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4201
Joined: 01 Jul 2003, 20:27
Gender: Female
Location: Pasadena, CA

Re: Silicon Valley

#5 Post by spivey » 06 May 2014, 15:50

Odd Todd wrote:
knarf wrote:
spivey wrote:Am I the only gigantic nerd watching this? Discuss.
Nope, not the only one.
I've been watching... overall I have been enjoying it the more I watch it.
Same here! I had been a big Office Space fan, but Idiocracy smacked me as heavy-handed. Wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say I'm pleased so far.
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51532
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Silicon Valley

#6 Post by knarf » 06 May 2014, 19:59

spivey wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
knarf wrote:
spivey wrote:Am I the only gigantic nerd watching this? Discuss.
Nope, not the only one.
I've been watching... overall I have been enjoying it the more I watch it.
Same here! I had been a big Office Space fan, but Idiocracy smacked me as heavy-handed. Wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say I'm pleased so far.
:green: Reminds me of all the ridiculousness during my dot-com experience too.
Image

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40831
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Silicon Valley

#7 Post by alan smithee » 31 May 2014, 22:09

spivey wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
knarf wrote:
spivey wrote:Am I the only gigantic nerd watching this? Discuss.
Nope, not the only one.
I've been watching... overall I have been enjoying it the more I watch it.
Same here! I had been a big Office Space fan, but Idiocracy smacked me as heavy-handed.
:green:

a bit too close to home, perhaps.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Mazer
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 4941
Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 22:42
Gender: Female
Location: Canada

Re: Silicon Valley

#8 Post by Mazer » 02 Jun 2014, 17:57

I hadn't really heard of this, except for here. And then another site linked me to this very NSFW scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2628YWK ... r_embedded. Sold.

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Silicon Valley

#9 Post by You Know, for Kids » 03 Jun 2014, 09:02

Mazer wrote:I hadn't really heard of this, except for here. And then another site linked me to this very NSFW scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2628YWK ... r_embedded. Sold.
And that was only a small portion of that whole exchange. At various points they cut back and pan past the white boards which slowly become filled with wonderful diagrams detailing formulas for how they could make this work. It's brilliant. The whole show is. I can only hope Scru is not watching.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13715
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Silicon Valley

#10 Post by Odd Todd » 03 Jun 2014, 09:16

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Mazer wrote:I hadn't really heard of this, except for here. And then another site linked me to this very NSFW scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2628YWK ... r_embedded. Sold.
And that was only a small portion of that whole exchange. At various points they cut back and pan past the white boards which slowly become filled with wonderful diagrams detailing formulas for how they could make this work. It's brilliant. The whole show is. I can only hope Scru is not watching.
:green:
I really enjoyed it... sad that the seasons over so soon.
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51532
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Silicon Valley

#11 Post by knarf » 03 Jun 2014, 11:27

Odd Todd wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Mazer wrote:I hadn't really heard of this, except for here. And then another site linked me to this very NSFW scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2628YWK ... r_embedded. Sold.
And that was only a small portion of that whole exchange. At various points they cut back and pan past the white boards which slowly become filled with wonderful diagrams detailing formulas for how they could make this work. It's brilliant. The whole show is. I can only hope Scru is not watching.
:green:
I really enjoyed it... sad that the seasons over so soon.
:green:
:green:
Image

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 16178
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Silicon Valley

#12 Post by Scruluce » 03 Jun 2014, 22:50

knarf wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Mazer wrote:I hadn't really heard of this, except for here. And then another site linked me to this very NSFW scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2628YWK ... r_embedded. Sold.
And that was only a small portion of that whole exchange. At various points they cut back and pan past the white boards which slowly become filled with wonderful diagrams detailing formulas for how they could make this work. It's brilliant. The whole show is. I can only hope Scru is not watching.
:green:
I really enjoyed it... sad that the seasons over so soon.
:green:
:green:
:mishchief:
I have a couple episodes left in the season. Hilarious stuff. Apologies.

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Silicon Valley

#13 Post by You Know, for Kids » 04 Jun 2014, 08:45

Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Mazer wrote:I hadn't really heard of this, except for here. And then another site linked me to this very NSFW scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2628YWK ... r_embedded. Sold.
And that was only a small portion of that whole exchange. At various points they cut back and pan past the white boards which slowly become filled with wonderful diagrams detailing formulas for how they could make this work. It's brilliant. The whole show is. I can only hope Scru is not watching.
:green:
I really enjoyed it... sad that the seasons over so soon.
:green:
:green:
:mishchief:
I have a couple episodes left in the season. Hilarious stuff. Apologies.
I mean this in the kindest way possible, but fuck you.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51532
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Silicon Valley

#14 Post by knarf » 04 Jun 2014, 09:27

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
knarf wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Mazer wrote:I hadn't really heard of this, except for here. And then another site linked me to this very NSFW scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2628YWK ... r_embedded. Sold.
And that was only a small portion of that whole exchange. At various points they cut back and pan past the white boards which slowly become filled with wonderful diagrams detailing formulas for how they could make this work. It's brilliant. The whole show is. I can only hope Scru is not watching.
:green:
I really enjoyed it... sad that the seasons over so soon.
:green:
:green:
:mishchief:
I have a couple episodes left in the season. Hilarious stuff. Apologies.
I mean this in the kindest way possible, but fuck you.
:green: :balrog:
Image

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13715
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Silicon Valley

#15 Post by Odd Todd » 04 Jun 2014, 10:47

Actor that Plays Peter Gregory Died mid-filming
I had heard of this only recently myself. So sad!
He was one of the best parts.
His bit on why he needs to invest in seseme seeds was awesome!
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Silicon Valley

#16 Post by You Know, for Kids » 04 Jun 2014, 11:48

Odd Todd wrote:Actor that Plays Peter Gregory Died mid-filming
I had heard of this only recently myself. So sad!
He was one of the best parts.
His bit on why he needs to invest in seseme seeds was awesome!
:green:
:green:
:green:
:green:

I have heard the part will not be recast, and that they may go with an off-screen presence approach for him, or write the character death into the story.

I remember him from Rubicon - he was excellent there as well.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51532
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Silicon Valley

#17 Post by knarf » 04 Jun 2014, 12:12

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Actor that Plays Peter Gregory Died mid-filming
I had heard of this only recently myself. So sad!
He was one of the best parts.
His bit on why he needs to invest in seseme seeds was awesome!
:green:
:green:
:green:
:green:

I have heard the part will not be recast, and that they may go with an off-screen presence approach for him, or write the character death into the story.

I remember him from Rubicon - he was excellent there as well.
They had an "in memory of" at the end of the finale for him.
Image

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 16178
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Silicon Valley

#18 Post by Scruluce » 04 Jun 2014, 14:31

knarf wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:I mean this in the kindest way possible, but fuck you.
:green: :balrog:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Silicon Valley

#19 Post by » 29 Apr 2015, 01:27

You just brought piss to a shit fight
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Silicon Valley

#20 Post by Dawson » 29 Apr 2015, 12:53

I'm only two episodes in and it's awful. No one has any personality. It's just all a bit too... Mean?
Maybe it'll get better

Tall guy - same as the office
Indian guy - same as Franklin and bash
Starr - awesome
Tj Miller - annoying


Maybe I need to be in the mood. I love mike judge and you guys never steer me wrong
Last edited by Dawson on 29 Apr 2015, 13:01, edited 1 time in total.
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 16178
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Silicon Valley

#21 Post by Scruluce » 29 Apr 2015, 12:59

Dawson wrote:I'm only two episodes in and it's awful. No one has any personality. It's just all a bit too... Mean?
Maybe it'll get better
first season? yeah, it gets better.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Silicon Valley

#22 Post by Dawson » 29 Apr 2015, 13:02

Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:I'm only two episodes in and it's awful. No one has any personality. It's just all a bit too... Mean?
Maybe it'll get better
first season? yeah, it gets better.
Yeah. Literally just started. Struggling tho. I like the lead guy. Just elrich already annoying me lol
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30443
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Silicon Valley

#23 Post by Batman » 30 Apr 2015, 00:11

Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:I'm only two episodes in and it's awful. No one has any personality. It's just all a bit too... Mean?
Maybe it'll get better
first season? yeah, it gets better.
Yeah. Literally just started. Struggling tho. I like the lead guy. Just elrich already annoying me lol
Ehrlich gets a lot better as well. He's got some pretty funny lines and he's not as clueless as he seems initially.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 51532
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Silicon Valley

#24 Post by knarf » 30 Apr 2015, 05:39

Batman wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:I'm only two episodes in and it's awful. No one has any personality. It's just all a bit too... Mean?
Maybe it'll get better
first season? yeah, it gets better.
Yeah. Literally just started. Struggling tho. I like the lead guy. Just elrich already annoying me lol
Ehrlich gets a lot better as well. He's got some pretty funny lines and he's not as clueless as he seems initially.
:green:
Image

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35063
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Silicon Valley

#25 Post by » 30 Apr 2015, 13:39

The "optimal tip to tip efficiency" discussion and charts had me rolling. I loved how analytically they were discussing it.
The :) means it's all ok.

Post Reply