Atlanta

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Atlanta

#1 Post by Batman » 16 Jan 2017, 03:25

"Atlanta" on FX, or iTunes if you're like me.

The preview above, while interesting enough to hook me, doesn't do the entire series justice. This is a lot funnier than it seems, plus it doesn't use a laugh track - always a positive in my book.

If anyone else has seen this, please throw down your thoughts. For me, the best episode had to be episode 7, "B.A.N.", which is chock-full of fake commercials and superb satire. Also, episode 2, "Streets on Lock", where Earn is stuck in jail awaiting bail. It's as if he's the only guy in the whole place that understands how ridiculous and pointless the entire system seems to be.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Batman

Re: Atlanta

#2 Post by Batman » 16 Jan 2017, 03:35

It also seems like the best shows are the ones where the creator - in this case, Donald Glover - is given lots of room to create a vision. If this had been made for one of the big three networks, there's no way it would have been shown as it is.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Re: Atlanta

#3 Post by knarf » 16 Jan 2017, 07:44

I watched it and enjoyed it. "B.A.N." was great, but felt too disconnected from the rest of the episodes. Hard for me to pick a favorite, but "Juneteenth" has to be up there.