Great Canceled TV Shows

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#101 Post by Odd Todd » 17 Apr 2005, 23:34

Also... about those "ON THE BUBBLE" Shows...

Here is a link to the poll that credits itself as getting Arrested Devolpment a 2nd season and Angel a 5th season in past years...

So lets see what we can do eh? I already voted a couple times... you can too as long as you use unique EMail addresses... I know I know... but they say you won't get junk mail unless you ask for it. :roll:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television ... -shows.htm
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

Rxfan
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#102 Post by Rxfan » 18 Apr 2005, 12:12

Odd Todd wrote:
Agrajag wrote:Nice list Todd... how'd you come up with it. There are some shows on there I had already forgotten even existed! Some website reviewing the past year in TV or what?
Found the list compiled at Aint It Cool News. www.aintitcool.com

Veronica Mars has already been renewed for a season 2... and Nub3ers is doing well enough that it's expected to be renewed.
Well done, Todd---thanks for the summary!
I enjoy watching VM and I too thought it was in ratings trouble last year, so I'm pleased to see that it will be renewed.
I haven't watched a new episode in quite a while, but I'm surprised to see "Will and Grace" on the bubble as its ratings were quite high not all that long ago....

Catercow
Producer
Producer

#103 Post by Catercow » 19 Apr 2005, 07:27

Popular...definitley Popular

I mean what other show had a man/woman biology teacher and a spoiled southern girl who'd add extra syllables to words?
<i>I bet he'll be crying himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.</i>

Catercow
Producer
Producer

#104 Post by Catercow » 19 Apr 2005, 07:31

<i>I bet he'll be crying himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow.</i>

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#105 Post by Gren » 19 Apr 2005, 07:45

Not to mention that Leslie Bibb was about the hottest thing on TV at the time
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#106 Post by Steel Frog » 19 Apr 2005, 08:22

veronica
Producer
Producer

#107 Post by veronica » 02 May 2005, 07:45

I still miss My So-Called Life but the DVR occasionally records the 4-5am reruns for me...I was so happy when VM was renewed so I don't have to miss it in the future.

Other shows I miss (all have been mentioned): Sports Night, Undeclared.

American Dreams is now officially off the bubble--it's been cancelled...

I've been enjoying Eyes but think it'll likely meet the same fate as AD.
"In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions of what we found out, that each one of us is a brain, an athlete, a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal." -The Breakfast Club

fivestyle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#108 Post by fivestyle » 02 May 2005, 08:50

Wonderfalls
RISE!!!

Rxfan
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#109 Post by Rxfan » 02 May 2005, 13:41

veronica wrote:I still miss My So-Called Life but the DVR occasionally records the 4-5am reruns for me...I was so happy when VM was renewed so I don't have to miss it in the future.

Other shows I miss (all have been mentioned): Sports Night, Undeclared.

American Dreams is now officially off the bubble--it's been cancelled...

I've been enjoying Eyes but think it'll likely meet the same fate as AD.
"My So-Called Life' was a great show. The Family Channel has been showing reruns (the show only lasted 19 episodes) so I now have all of them on tape.

"Sports Night" was a wonderful show---great writing, great acting. Oh, how I miss it :cry: (but I own the complete series on DVD :) )

veronica
Producer
Producer

#110 Post by veronica » 02 May 2005, 14:17

I actually caught on to Sports Night late in the game so I've watched quite a few episodes for the first time on DVD. Such a great show--I'm glad that a lot of the cast found other shows later like Six Feet Under, Desperate Housewives, West Wing, etc.

I didn't know about the Family Channel reruns for My So-Called Life. I've been recording them off of The N. I'll keep an eye open for them now--I'd love to have all 19 on tape!
"In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions of what we found out, that each one of us is a brain, an athlete, a basketcase, a princess, and a criminal." -The Breakfast Club

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#111 Post by alan smithee » 02 May 2005, 15:59

veronica wrote:I actually caught on to Sports Night late in the game so I've watched quite a few episodes for the first time on DVD. Such a great show--I'm glad that a lot of the cast found other shows later like Six Feet Under, Desperate Housewives, West Wing, etc.

I didn't know about the Family Channel reruns for My So-Called Life. I've been recording them off of The N. I'll keep an eye open for them now--I'd love to have all 19 on tape!
they're on DVD too, of course ... and out of print :-? (maybe a local video store?)
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Caulfield
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#112 Post by Caulfield » 03 May 2005, 05:14

Steel Frog wrote:Image
:green: :cry:

And Third Rock From the Sun. Loved that show.

veronica
Producer
Producer

#113 Post by veronica » 03 May 2005, 05:49

I may have to look into getting the MSCL DVD! Does it have any extras or is it just the episodes?

Reading about MSCL reminded me of a great article that Entertainment Weekly ran a little while ago looking back on the show. If you missed it when it was in the magazine, you can find it here: http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,692296_3_0_,00.html

Also, I miss Daria too....

alan smithee

#114 Post by alan smithee » 03 May 2005, 10:16

veronica wrote:I may have to look into getting the MSCL DVD! Does it have any extras or is it just the episodes?
No idea
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Rxfan
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#115 Post by Rxfan » 03 May 2005, 13:52

alan smithee wrote:
veronica wrote:I may have to look into getting the MSCL DVD! Does it have any extras or is it just the episodes?
No idea
The Amazon.com page says there are no extras on the DVD set at all, just the episodes :o

I did some surfing and found a special edition of the DVD set that came in a lunchbox :thumb2:

veronica
Producer
Producer

#116 Post by veronica » 04 May 2005, 09:13

While this is pretty cool, I don't think it's worth $115.....I think I'll continue trying to get all of the episodes on tape instead

plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#117 Post by plaxii » 04 May 2005, 10:14

ive said it before (i even think in this thread) but i will say it again

i can not believe they cancelled boomtown

that was such a good show. The new show that Neal McDonough is in, Medical Investigation, is soooooo much worse than boomtown.

oh well
I am in a world of shit

veronica
Producer
Producer

#118 Post by veronica » 04 May 2005, 10:54

In news about shows I wish would be cancelled, Will & Grace has been officially renewed for next year.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cg ... 50503nbc01

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#119 Post by You Know, for Kids » 04 May 2005, 11:08

veronica wrote:In news about shows I wish would be cancelled, Will & Grace has been officially renewed for next year.

*shrug* there's plenty of other channels to watch. We haven't watched the past few seasons of W&G, but all of the previous seasons were quite good, in my opinion.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#120 Post by JJ » 04 May 2005, 11:11

Steel Frog wrote:Image
cha cha cha
La la la la la.

Nicholasp27
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#121 Post by Nicholasp27 » 04 May 2005, 11:32

i enjoyed cracking up for the 1.5 shows that actually aired

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#122 Post by Odd Todd » 04 May 2005, 11:36

plaxii wrote:ive said it before (i even think in this thread) but i will say it again

i can not believe they cancelled boomtown

that was such a good show. The new show that Neal McDonough is in, Medical Investigation, is soooooo much worse than boomtown.

oh well
I guess that's why Medical Investigations was killed.
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

plaxii
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#123 Post by plaxii » 04 May 2005, 11:57

did it actuallyget cancelled i didnt even notice

(then again i guess that is another reason it got cancelled)

that is one of the most annoying things about all these shows getting cancelled i have so many season passes on my tivo for shows that dont exist anymore
I am in a world of shit

veronica
Producer
Producer

#124 Post by veronica » 05 May 2005, 05:41

You Know, for Kids wrote:
veronica wrote:In news about shows I wish would be cancelled, Will & Grace has been officially renewed for next year.

*shrug* there's plenty of other channels to watch. We haven't watched the past few seasons of W&G, but all of the previous seasons were quite good, in my opinion.
I agree that W&G isn't the worst of the worst in terms of what is on the air today, but it epitomizes shows that overstay their welcome. Past offenders include: Roseanne, Friends (even though I loved the earlier seasons), ER...and the list could easily go on...

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#125 Post by Agrajag » 07 May 2005, 10:00

Mystery Science Theatre 3000.... What a great show, but it's scheduling sucked.. I never knew when it was on and only caught it on random Saturday afternoon while going thru the channels... I saw some DVD collections, but they seemed expensive, and I'm not sure how rewatchable they'll be... plus with my OCD, I'll have to own them all, and I know there are 7 collections already with who knows how many more coming... The Simpsons DVDs are already going to cost me at least $700 alone :-?
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?