FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 11:02

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jun 2004, 23:19 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
knarf wrote:
I've been watching and thought so too. There were a few weaker ones in the middle of the season, but overall I really enjoyed it.


I totally agree, I'm really hoping they bring us at least one more season.

Ian McShane was awesome in this series, why have I never heard of him before? Sexy Beast is the only movie I've ever seen that he was in and I don't even remember him from that!

_________________
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2004, 00:28 
Offline
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13408
wdavis73 wrote:
knarf wrote:
I've been watching and thought so too. There were a few weaker ones in the middle of the season, but overall I really enjoyed it.


I totally agree, I'm really hoping they bring us at least one more season.

Ian McShane was awesome in this series, why have I never heard of him before? Sexy Beast is the only movie I've ever seen that he was in and I don't even remember him from that!


Isn't he the boss that sends Ben Kingsley to Ray Winstone?

_________________
Bad dates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2004, 00:36 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
snotball wrote:
wdavis73 wrote:
knarf wrote:
I've been watching and thought so too. There were a few weaker ones in the middle of the season, but overall I really enjoyed it.


I totally agree, I'm really hoping they bring us at least one more season.

Ian McShane was awesome in this series, why have I never heard of him before? Sexy Beast is the only movie I've ever seen that he was in and I don't even remember him from that!


Isn't he the boss that sends Ben Kingsley to Ray Winstone?


Yeah, but when I first saw him on Deadwood I didn't even think, "Where have I seen this guy before?"

Maybe he has Turret's Syndrome and could only take small parts until Deadwood came along. :lol:

_________________
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2004, 00:48 
Offline
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13408
wdavis73 wrote:
snotball wrote:
wdavis73 wrote:
knarf wrote:
I've been watching and thought so too. There were a few weaker ones in the middle of the season, but overall I really enjoyed it.


I totally agree, I'm really hoping they bring us at least one more season.

Ian McShane was awesome in this series, why have I never heard of him before? Sexy Beast is the only movie I've ever seen that he was in and I don't even remember him from that!


Isn't he the boss that sends Ben Kingsley to Ray Winstone?


Yeah, but when I first saw him on Deadwood I didn't even think, "Where have I seen this guy before?"

Maybe he has Turret's Syndrome and could only take small parts until Deadwood came along. :lol:


Or you have this Sammy Jankis situation? :wink:

_________________
Bad dates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2005, 13:59 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2003, 10:23
Posts: 1853
Location: My Computer Desk
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2005, 18:40 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
Brodieman wrote:
Image


wd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2005, 18:43 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38410
Location: San Francisco
Will wrote:
Brodieman wrote:
Image


wd

ty

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2005, 11:44 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8962
Location: Westchester, NY
OK, I watched this last night as I missed it Sunday. One thing that threw me, though:

When Doc Cochran goes the the Chinaman's area, there is a segue shot in which it appears they show a dead woman's body lying on the ground, who looks exactly like Alma Garret. They show the same shot as that scene ends.

Anyone else notice this?

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2005, 11:46 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48733
Location: Rocket City
I thought it was a dead/dying Chinese woman, and didn't see the resemblence.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2005, 11:47 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 23 Sep 2003, 21:41
Posts: 8593
Location: Ohio
You Know, for Kids wrote:
OK, I watched this last night as I missed it Sunday. One thing that threw me, though:

When Doc Cochran goes the the Chinaman's area, there is a segue shot in which it appears they show a dead woman's body lying on the ground, who looks exactly like Alma Garret. They show the same shot as that scene ends.

Anyone else notice this?


I'm going to have to watch it again now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Apr 2005, 11:48 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8962
Location: Westchester, NY
knarf wrote:
I thought it was a dead/dying Chinese woman, and didn't see the resemblence.


It is fair to note that my 11-month old has had Croup for the past week and as such I may well be delirious. :)

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2005, 05:59 
Offline
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13408
They're are about to finish airing the first season here next week. It started out great, but from the middle onward, it became less and less interesting, going more and toward the general direction of the "dirty people walking around and talking way too much for their own good". Is the second season getting any better, or does it go on the same way?

_________________
Bad dates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Jun 2005, 06:34 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2003, 10:23
Posts: 1853
Location: My Computer Desk
The second season is way more complex in story, and character.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2005, 14:24 
Offline
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13408
Brodieman wrote:
The second season is way more complex in story, and character.


Does that mean that now, dirty people go around, talking way too much for their own good, but this time the word cocksucker is hardly used?

_________________
Bad dates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2006, 00:19 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2003, 09:58
Posts: 8226
Location: Boston
I just found this show, and have been watching it lately. I've finished season one and the first two episodes of season two. And I must say that I love it. Really, I dig this show. I don't really have much to add to what's been said, but I like it. So there.

_________________
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2006, 00:23 
Offline
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Posts: 13408
Eric Draven wrote:
I don't really have much to add to what's been said.

You can add a reply to my question.

_________________
Bad dates


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Apr 2006, 06:13 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8962
Location: Westchester, NY
snotball wrote:
Brodieman wrote:
The second season is way more complex in story, and character.


Does that mean that now, dirty people go around, talking way too much for their own good, but this time the word cocksucker is hardly used?


No.

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Jun 2006, 07:00 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 02 Jun 2006, 05:48
Posts: 3413
It's back! The first episode was more of a re-introduction to everyone and setting up the tension for future shows. And of course I was late getting home so I missed the first killing of the season. By far my favorite HBO show.

_________________
Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when we're part of a team
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006, 09:24 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2003, 10:23
Posts: 1853
Location: My Computer Desk
Now that is how you fight.

So far this season is the best, too bad it is also the last.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006, 09:29 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8962
Location: Westchester, NY
Unfortunately this show dropped off our viewing schedule this season. I may try to catch up eventually, but it seems hopeless.

I liked last season and it definitely had its' high points, but overall, I think the show declined a bit as they built additional layers of complexity to the characters and storylines. There was something elegant about the flow of the first season that was missing. From what little I have tuned in to this season's shows, it appears they've raised the bar yet again on intricacy of the storylines. (And did they kill off Joanie?!)

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006, 09:30 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 48733
Location: Rocket City
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Unfortunately this show dropped off our viewing schedule this season. I may try to catch up eventually, but it seems hopeless.

I liked last season and it definitely had its' high points, but overall, I think the show declined a bit as they built additional layers of complexity to the characters and storylines. There was something elegant about the flow of the first season that was missing. From what little I have tuned in to this season's shows, it appears they've raised the bar yet again on intricacy of the storylines. (And did they kill off Joanie?!)
No, but she's hardly been used this season.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2006, 10:42 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2003, 09:58
Posts: 8226
Location: Boston
So, I'm curious if any unscrupulous FWers have any episodes from the latest season on their computers? I don't have HBO and therefore cannot keep up like some, but I do have the first two seasons for my viewing pleasure.

_________________
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 14:18 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38410
Location: San Francisco
(from here)

Deadwood: Are the Two Wrap-Up Movies Dead?
tvseriesfinale.com wrote:
Last May, it was leaked that HBO would not be renewing the Deadwood series for a fourth season. It looked like the rough language western series was headed into the sunset until fans caught wind of the idea. They put together a major campaign that flooded HBO with letters, petitions and angry calls. They even took out a full-page ad in the Hollywood trade-paper Variety indicating that they would be cancelling their HBO subscriptions if Deadwood didn't return.

Shortly thereafter, Deadwood creator David Milch and HBO worked out a deal for a pair of two-hour movies that would resolve the series' storylines. At the time, it was expected that the movies would air in 2007. In January, it was said that Milch was excited about his script ideas and production was expected to start shooting in June or July. That hasn't happened and to date none of the series' actors have indicated that they've been signed to the project. But, HBO is committed to making them eventually, right?

Apparently not. Michael Lombardo, HBO president of programming group and West Coast Operations, said yesterday that they "haven't had a conversation" with Milch about the Deadwood movies. Though the movies looked like a sure thing last [s]pring, the exec only said, "It's certainly on our books as something we're still interested in."

Lombardi indicated that it would be very difficult to pull the project together. Milch is exhausted from making his new series John in Cincinnati and it would also be difficult to round up the large cast of series actors (many of whom have moved onto other shows and projects). On top of that, if John is picked up for another year, Milch would be expected to start writing for the second season almost immediately. (The fate of John won't be decided until the end of season one.)

Though HBO once placated outraged viewers with the movie plans, they hardly seem to be a priority any longer. When asked about the chances of the Deadwood films being made, sadly HBO Co-President Richard Plepler puts the odds at only "50-50."

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 14:59 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 02 Jun 2006, 05:48
Posts: 3413
alan smithee wrote:
(from here)

Deadwood: Are the Two Wrap-Up Movies Dead?
tvseriesfinale.com wrote:
Last May, it was leaked that HBO would not be renewing the Deadwood series for a fourth season. It looked like the rough language western series was headed into the sunset until fans caught wind of the idea. They put together a major campaign that flooded HBO with letters, petitions and angry calls. They even took out a full-page ad in the Hollywood trade-paper Variety indicating that they would be cancelling their HBO subscriptions if Deadwood didn't return.

Shortly thereafter, Deadwood creator David Milch and HBO worked out a deal for a pair of two-hour movies that would resolve the series' storylines. At the time, it was expected that the movies would air in 2007. In January, it was said that Milch was excited about his script ideas and production was expected to start shooting in June or July. That hasn't happened and to date none of the series' actors have indicated that they've been signed to the project. But, HBO is committed to making them eventually, right?

Apparently not. Michael Lombardo, HBO president of programming group and West Coast Operations, said yesterday that they "haven't had a conversation" with Milch about the Deadwood movies. Though the movies looked like a sure thing last [s]pring, the exec only said, "It's certainly on our books as something we're still interested in."

Lombardi indicated that it would be very difficult to pull the project together. Milch is exhausted from making his new series John in Cincinnati and it would also be difficult to round up the large cast of series actors (many of whom have moved onto other shows and projects). On top of that, if John is picked up for another year, Milch would be expected to start writing for the second season almost immediately. (The fate of John won't be decided until the end of season one.)

Though HBO once placated outraged viewers with the movie plans, they hardly seem to be a priority any longer. When asked about the chances of the Deadwood films being made, sadly HBO Co-President Richard Plepler puts the odds at only "50-50."


Well that sucks

_________________
Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when we're part of a team
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Aug 2007, 18:36 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 09:36
Posts: 1774
Hiller wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
(from here)

Deadwood: Are the Two Wrap-Up Movies Dead?
tvseriesfinale.com wrote:
Last May, it was leaked that HBO would not be renewing the Deadwood series for a fourth season. It looked like the rough language western series was headed into the sunset until fans caught wind of the idea. They put together a major campaign that flooded HBO with letters, petitions and angry calls. They even took out a full-page ad in the Hollywood trade-paper Variety indicating that they would be cancelling their HBO subscriptions if Deadwood didn't return.

Shortly thereafter, Deadwood creator David Milch and HBO worked out a deal for a pair of two-hour movies that would resolve the series' storylines. At the time, it was expected that the movies would air in 2007. In January, it was said that Milch was excited about his script ideas and production was expected to start shooting in June or July. That hasn't happened and to date none of the series' actors have indicated that they've been signed to the project. But, HBO is committed to making them eventually, right?

Apparently not. Michael Lombardo, HBO president of programming group and West Coast Operations, said yesterday that they "haven't had a conversation" with Milch about the Deadwood movies. Though the movies looked like a sure thing last [s]pring, the exec only said, "It's certainly on our books as something we're still interested in."

Lombardi indicated that it would be very difficult to pull the project together. Milch is exhausted from making his new series John in Cincinnati and it would also be difficult to round up the large cast of series actors (many of whom have moved onto other shows and projects). On top of that, if John is picked up for another year, Milch would be expected to start writing for the second season almost immediately. (The fate of John won't be decided until the end of season one.)

Though HBO once placated outraged viewers with the movie plans, they hardly seem to be a priority any longer. When asked about the chances of the Deadwood films being made, sadly HBO Co-President Richard Plepler puts the odds at only "50-50."


Well that sucks

Indeed it does. My anger and sadness over this show being cancelled has returned all over again.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group