The Office continued from Previous Threads

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
fivestyle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

The Office continued from Previous Threads

#1 Post by fivestyle » 07 Jul 2004, 08:51

So Ok Im down to the last episode which I haven't watched yet.
I'm not in love with the show like everyone else is but I did really enjoy it.

The really sad thing is that I had a boss that was like David and he had an assistant that was like Gareth (scarry enough I'm talking exactlly like Gareth he was even in the military).

I think I identified with the Tim character the most, well all except living with my parents at the age of 30. I immediately felt like calling all my friends and saying "Your a COCK!" then hanging up.

I'm a bit dissapointed that the episodes are so short or at least the season is so short. It seems like the show just starts to hit its stride then its done. What I thought was really funny was watching each episode thinking "man that guy who plays David is an awsome actor hes really beliveable" then turning on the making of and having everyone say "yeah he was perfect for the role as David because hes like that in real life".

Sadly it took me about 4 episodes of going "what the fuck are they talking about redundancy" when I finally figured out exactlly what they were talking about. :oops:
RISE!!!

Greg the Guileful
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#2 Post by Greg the Guileful » 08 Jul 2004, 08:27

just finished watching the second series...right here in the office...

the hype factor was high, so i had high expectations, but i didn't know anything about the show, so it was unusual to finally see what all the talk was about...i figured brent was going to be some hardass asshole kind of boss...

i did enjoy it, though...thankfully, no laugh track...and some subtle bits of drama mixed in made it very watchable...

our company has an office in slough, which i had no idea how to pronounce until a few months ago...it looks quite...grey...

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#3 Post by kinggrl » 08 Jul 2004, 09:06

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now,
There isn't grass to graze a cow.
Swarm over, Death!

Come, bombs and blow to smithereens
Those air -conditioned, bright canteens,
Tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned milk, tinned beans,
Tinned minds, tinned breath.

Mess up the mess they call a town -
A house for ninety-seven down
And once a week a half a crown
For twenty years.

And get that man with double chin
Who'll always cheat and always win,
Who washes his repulsive skin
In women's tears,

And smash his desk of polished oak
And smash his hands so used to stroke
And stop his boring dirty joke
And make him yell.

But spare the bald young clerks who add
The profits of the stinking cad;
It's not their fault that they are mad,
They've tasted Hell.

It's not their fault they do not know
The birdsong from the radio,
It's not their fault they often go
To Maidenhead

And talk of sport and makes of cars
In various bogus-Tudor bars
And daren't look up and see the stars
But belch instead.

In labour-saving homes, with care
Their wives frizz out peroxide hair
And dry it in synthetic air
And paint their nails.

Come, friendly bombs and fall on Slough
To get it ready for the plough.
The cabbages are coming now;
The earth exhales.

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#4 Post by kinggrl » 08 Jul 2004, 09:10

Also, it's a laugh a minute at Wernham Hogg when you can listen to Freelove Freeway, If You Don't Know Me, and Reaching Out to a Higher Ground. Don't forget Spaceman (racial!) and Paris Nights!!
Last edited by kinggrl on 08 Jul 2004, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

#5 Post by alan smithee » 08 Jul 2004, 10:28

kinggrl wrote:Also, it's a laugh a minute at Wernham Hogg when you can listed to Freelove Freeway, If You Don't Know Me, and Reaching Out to a Higher Ground. Don't forget Spaceman (racial!) and Paris Nights!!
sweet
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#6 Post by » 08 Jul 2004, 11:20

kinggrl wrote:Also, it's a laugh a minute at Wernham Hogg when you can listen to Freelove Freeway, If You Don't Know Me, and Reaching Out to a Higher Ground. Don't forget Spaceman (racial!) and Paris Nights!!
deja vu

whoa
The :) means it's all ok.

fishn4
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#7 Post by fishn4 » 08 Jul 2004, 17:46

Excellent kinggrl

Brent: "My Baby's gone, she's gone."
Gareth "She's Dead"
Brent:"She's not Dead"

:lol: 0

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#8 Post by Agrajag » 09 Jul 2004, 11:48

fishn4 wrote:Excellent kinggrl

Brent: "My Baby's gone, she's gone."
Gareth "She's Dead"
Brent:"She's not Dead"

:lol: 0
Love that! I feel so out of the loop having only watched the first series twice when I rented that, but I did watch Tim's Bday/Quiz episode last night on my very snowy BBC channel...

"Yazzoo!"
"No, it's just Yazz"
"Well, where's your cut off point?"
"You said Yazzoo. That would be wrong on Blockbusters"
"Well I wouldn't have said it on Blockbusters"

"Do you need any help?"
"No... I have one... It was going to be 'What D-' and the answer was going to be 'Dostoyevsky'"
"How about 'What D- is a Russian author wrote Crime and Punishment'?"
"Would you have had that?"
"Well I would have had a guess..."
"Guessing doesn't win on Blockbusters!!"

KM~
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

#9 Post by » 09 Jul 2004, 11:56

Gareth- "Dogs?"

Tim- "Say what you see Gareth."

#10 Post by » 09 Jul 2004, 12:31

<Gareth catches Tim and Rachel kissing>

Gareth- "How long has this been going on? When were you going to tell me? I can't believe you'd get off with a girl that I fancy."

Tim- "Why can't you believe that, Gareth?"

Gareth- "Well, I can't believe there's a bird that fancies you over me for a start. What are you... he's a weird little bloke. Look at his cartoon face and his hair. He looks like a Fisher Price man. And his rubbish clothes... it makes me think there's something wrong with you, and yet in my head I'd still do you, so I'm confused... alright, I'll ask you straight: is there anything that could happen between us while this is going on?"

Rachel- "Like what?"

Gareth- "What, specifically? Hand job? Look, don't answer now. Think about it."

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#11 Post by Agrajag » 09 Jul 2004, 12:40

A2 wrote:<Gareth catches Tim and Rachel kissing>

Gareth- "How long has this been going on? When were you going to tell me? I can't believe you'd get off with a girl that I fancy."

Tim- "Why can't you believe that, Gareth?"

Gareth- "Well, I can't believe there's a bird that fancies you over me for a start. What are you... he's a weird little bloke. Look at his cartoon face and his hair. He looks like a Fisher Price man. And his rubbish clothes... it makes me think there's something wrong with you, and yet in my head I'd still do you, so I'm confused... alright, I'll ask you straight: is there anything that could happen between us while this is going on?"

Rachel- "Like what?"

Gareth- "What, specifically? Hand job? Look, don't answer now. Think about it."
:lol: I take it this is from the 2nd Series?? I need to find that in a local Blockbuster since we still don't carry it! :rant:

KM~
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

Ze
Meh
Meh

#12 Post by Ze » 10 Jul 2004, 05:45

Just finished with the deleted scenes from the 1st series and I love the one where Tim reads the answers while Gareth's away: Round 4 is called "The Great Apes", take this answers down. Orangotan, gibon, doctor's ass, chimpanze, Charlton Heston, Bananas, it was Earth all along. Brilliant :lol:

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#13 Post by Agrajag » 10 Jul 2004, 07:00

ze424 wrote:Just finished with the deleted scenes from the 1st series and I love the one where Tim reads the answers while Gareth's away: Round 4 is called "The Great Apes", take this answers down. Orangotan, gibon, doctor's ass, chimpanze, Charlton Heston, Bananas, it was Earth all along. Brilliant :lol:
Those were funny. There's also an easter egg on one part of the DVD. I can't remember the name of the feature you have to select, but when you do, the DVD sort of pauses at the flickering light. Press Enter and I think there are some more songs... Can anyone else confirm what I'm trying to say??

I wish they could have left in the one deleted scene when Gareth takes the boss out and confronts him for cheating on his cell phone. It was set up in the episode but didn't wrap up and that always annoys me :rant:

KM~

Ze
Meh
Meh

#14 Post by Ze » 10 Jul 2004, 08:17

Agrajag wrote:
ze424 wrote:Just finished with the deleted scenes from the 1st series and I love the one where Tim reads the answers while Gareth's away: Round 4 is called "The Great Apes", take this answers down. Orangotan, gibon, doctor's ass, chimpanze, Charlton Heston, Bananas, it was Earth all along. Brilliant :lol:
Those were funny. There's also an easter egg on one part of the DVD. I can't remember the name of the feature you have to select, but when you do, the DVD sort of pauses at the flickering light. Press Enter and I think there are some more songs... Can anyone else confirm what I'm trying to say??
In the poem deleted scene, press Enter when the flickering lights stops. There's another one in the first disc, if you press enter on the phone, when it rings.

Ze
Meh
Meh

#15 Post by Ze » 10 Jul 2004, 08:40

Ze
Meh
Meh

#16 Post by Ze » 10 Jul 2004, 08:44

I got Dawn, even though I chose "male" on the first question :-? Is there anything on the Christmans specials I don't know :roll:

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#17 Post by Agrajag » 10 Jul 2004, 09:06

I usually don't do these Which ____ Are You? but I thought this would be fun, if only to see the descriptions of the characters...

Tim Canterbury
“I live in Slough, in a lovely house, with my parents. I have my own room, which I’ve had since yep, since I was born. That’s seen a lot of action I tell you. Mainly dusting. I went to university for a year as well, before I dropped out, so I’m a quitter. So, er, form an orderly queue ladies.”

Although there are no right and wrong answers to this-well done! You’ve won!

Sure, Tim isn’t really that happy in life, and could do a lot better if only he showed some dedication, but when you compare him to the other men at Wernham Hogg, he’s top of anyone’s list.

Not in a gay way or anything, not that there’s anything wrong with that is there? I mean, 10% of the people taking the quiz should, on average, you know, 1 in 10 and all that, seems a bit high don’t you think?

You chose Benny for the last question as well, didn’t you? [Me: umm.. no.]

Outlook:
You can do better. But you’ve got used to being unhappy while underachieving, never a good thing (but you are happy though!)

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#18 Post by Nunis » 10 Jul 2004, 09:11

Great, I got Jennifer Taylor Clarke.

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#19 Post by Agrajag » 10 Jul 2004, 09:40

Nunis wrote:Great, I got Jennifer Taylor Clarke.
:lol: This is funny... I would have suspected Dawn. Not that gender matters especially :roll:

KM~

Greg the Guileful
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#20 Post by Greg the Guileful » 10 Jul 2004, 09:59

i got finchy, that randy bugger...

spivey
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#21 Post by spivey » 10 Jul 2004, 15:27

Me too. :-?
The theater of noise is proof of our potential. The circulation of autotypes. The golden talisman underfoot is phenomenon approaching. And, in the history of now, all ethos are designed.

Rxfan
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#22 Post by Rxfan » 10 Jul 2004, 17:32

spivey wrote:
Me three!
Then I re-did it, and put "man" instead of "woman" for the 1st answer and got Tim! :D

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#23 Post by kinggrl » 10 Jul 2004, 19:45

spivey wrote:
Ditto. But, like, that's not a big surprise.

Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

#24 Post by Agrajag » 10 Jul 2004, 19:53

Rxfan wrote:
spivey wrote:
Me three!
Then I re-did it, and put "man" instead of "woman" for the 1st answer and got Tim! :D
I wonder if that means that I, who got Tim, am just Jennifer with a penis... :spank2: Maybe I'll go back and answer as a female to see if the converse of this is true

KM~

Sugarpuss O'Shea
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#25 Post by Sugarpuss O'Shea » 11 Jul 2004, 09:53

Rxfan wrote:
spivey wrote:
Me three!
I got Tim, even with "female" for the first answer. I've just got that much Timness, I guess.
You see, Hopsi, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you probably think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.