Survivor: Vanuatu

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#51 Post by Odd Todd » 08 Oct 2004, 09:08

McT wrote:
Odd Todd wrote: I am rooting for the guy with no foot now (Sean?) Cuz they all think hes this invalid when really all he has is no ankle... it's like hes competeing in one skiboot... and he's younger and more fit then the rest of them.
Chad. And I am pretty sure his foot is missing too.
I know he's missing a foot too... but that's really only used for balence... and he's already shown he can balence better then some of the other guys. So really all he has is an ankle that doesn't bend...
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

Nukya Woozy
Producer
Producer

#52 Post by Nukya Woozy » 08 Oct 2004, 09:52

kinggrl wrote:
I'm rooting for him too, but mainly 'cos he's hot.
Who can fault that logic ... :D

I am kinda liking Twila also she does not put up with any guff and Elisa gotta go.

tedder
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#53 Post by tedder » 08 Oct 2004, 13:23

In Rory's defense, I rewatched the episode today and he was telling them the correct way to solve the puzzle, they just weren't listening. There is not one person in the group though that I think could qualify to even get a Mensa application. I would have rather had Brad( FBI guy) stick around but so has been my luck thus far.

The native training has been done before in one of the Panama games. I don't remember which one. They had a Panamanian Special Forces soldier show them what they could eat and how to improve their camp.
Say hello to the Scream Extractor.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#54 Post by JJ » 08 Oct 2004, 13:28

Rory was brainless too.

And that puzzle would have been best done on the ground by exactly one person moving things around. It was a clear 'too many chefs' issue. The only way they'd have needed all those people is if the pieces were 50 or more feet apart.
La la la la la.

tedder
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#55 Post by tedder » 08 Oct 2004, 13:32

What if they weighed 500 lbs each :lol:
Say hello to the Scream Extractor.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#56 Post by JJ » 08 Oct 2004, 13:39

tedder wrote:What if they weighed 500 lbs each :lol:
Yeah, that's legit. Or if they were in quicksand or something. But the challenge like it was, more people only created more chaos.
La la la la la.

Nukya Woozy
Producer
Producer

#57 Post by Nukya Woozy » 15 Oct 2004, 06:43

Hmmm ... I dunno seems like survivor is starting to run low on new ideas I get less enthused to watch every episode now. :-? Was glad to see the group split however I think sarge's group now has the upper hand. Also they were showing pretty much all the women left and with the exception of Twila there is quite a bit of eyecandy on the island. :D
Gotta give props to the guy with no foot too he seems to be having absolutely no problems with any of the challenges.

On a side note I would have rocked that swimming challenge. 8)

McT
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

#58 Post by McT » 15 Oct 2004, 09:20

The split may favor the women. If the women lose again, they vote off Rory. Then even if Twila or Julie goes before the merge, the women are still up 6-4 at merge time.

The two biggest wildcards to the sexes sticking together are Twila and John. John knows he is low on the pole with the men, so he might go with the women. Twila just seems to fit better with the women. There still could be a lot of shifts when they join.
Squirrel!

Belle de Jour
Paparazzi
Paparazzi

#59 Post by Belle de Jour » 18 Oct 2004, 07:19

I'm glad they finally mixed the gender, this was turning into a show I could watch while working on the computer or talking to a friend. Not very compelling.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#60 Post by JJ » 18 Oct 2004, 07:27

McT wrote:The split may favor the women. If the women lose again, they vote off Rory. Then even if Twila or Julie goes before the merge, the women are still up 6-4 at merge time.

The two biggest wildcards to the sexes sticking together are Twila and John. John knows he is low on the pole with the men, so he might go with the women. Twila just seems to fit better with the women. There still could be a lot of shifts when they join.
Yeah, if you guess an evenutal merge will be decided along gender lines, it's pretty clear that each group should be trying to throw the immunity challenges.

Bob Barker was the only one smart enough to figure that out, it seems.
La la la la la.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#61 Post by Odd Todd » 18 Oct 2004, 15:26

Explain to me how the only time the woman sunbathed naked is when she gets mixed with the men? She better say its part of her plan... or else she will look like a total tramp.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#62 Post by JJ » 18 Oct 2004, 15:30

Have you ever sunbathed naked when not in a group of men?
La la la la la.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#63 Post by Odd Todd » 18 Oct 2004, 15:34

Jame Gumb wrote:Have you ever sunbathed naked when not in a group of men?
Well there was this one time... at band ca... er... I mean no.

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#64 Post by kinggrl » 05 Nov 2004, 11:32

Twila and Julie deserve to be booted next. How dumb could you be?

McT
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

#65 Post by McT » 05 Nov 2004, 11:36

kinggrl wrote:Twila and Julie deserve to be booted next. How dumb could you be?
I don't know. I don't think Julie was ever solid with the men. She also put some doubt in Twila's head. And if Julie wouldn't go with the men, that left Twila with a choice between a tie and a sure win.

I think the men need to work on Eliza. She's gotta know she is low on the pole with the women.
Squirrel!

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#66 Post by JJ » 05 Nov 2004, 11:52

This show has proven that men are stupid.

I'd have been after Ami/Amy from the start. It was clear that she sucked and was manipulating everyone. Shouldn't have taken 18 days to realize it.

The women were also dumb for kicking off one of their own. But the men were far worse last week. They fully deserve their fate.
La la la la la.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#67 Post by Odd Todd » 05 Nov 2004, 12:09

Yep... the men were pretty dumb thinking that Twila and Julie were on their side... I knew they made a mistake keeping them instead of John.

They even said it themselves! "Twila is too stubborn to change her mind and switch teams" Well yeah! She never did! She was on the womans team from the start!! :roll:

Anyways... it's just further proof that this show jumped the shark with the All-Stars... or maybe the season before... when the worthless dumbasses started banding together to get out anyone worth two-shits... the show is starting to just piss me off every time.

Also... we learned that Scout was gay last week... did we know that before? It seemed to be common knowledge to everyone else there but I don't remember hearing it.

And I just read last night that Ami is gay too? :o Where the hell was I when all this info was shared!?

Nukya Woozy
Producer
Producer

#68 Post by Nukya Woozy » 05 Nov 2004, 12:13

Yes sadly, I believe the men now have absolutely no friggin way of winning. The only possibility would be if Sarge wins every immunity challenge. :evil:

Nukya Woozy
Producer
Producer

#69 Post by Nukya Woozy » 05 Nov 2004, 12:14

Odd Todd wrote:Yep... the men were pretty dumb thinking that Twila and Julie were on their side... I knew they made a mistake keeping them instead of John.

They even said it themselves! "Twila is too stubborn to change her mind and switch teams" Well yeah! She never did! She was on the womans team from the start!! :roll:

Anyways... it's just further proof that this show jumped the shark with the All-Stars... or maybe the season before... when the worthless dumbasses started banding together to get out anyone worth two-shits... the show is starting to just piss me off every time.

Also... we learned that Scout was gay last week... did we know that before? It seemed to be common knowledge to everyone else there but I don't remember hearing it.

And I just read last night that Ami is gay too? :o Where the hell was I when all this info was shared!?
I had pretty much figured out amy was gay, not scout.

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#70 Post by kinggrl » 05 Nov 2004, 12:18

Odd Todd wrote:Also... we learned that Scout was gay last week... did we know that before? It seemed to be common knowledge to everyone else there but I don't remember hearing it.
I didn't know Ami was gay, but I think Scout mentions it in her CBS profile.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#71 Post by JJ » 05 Nov 2004, 12:24

kinggrl wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:Also... we learned that Scout was gay last week... did we know that before? It seemed to be common knowledge to everyone else there but I don't remember hearing it.
Last time I cared about who was gay on a reality show: Pedro Zamora, 1993.
La la la la la.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#72 Post by Odd Todd » 05 Nov 2004, 12:29

Jame Gumb wrote:
kinggrl wrote:
The only reason why I bring it up... is because this is the first time that it wasn't waved in the viewers face like... "Oh look how shocking and/or hip we can be... we put gay people on the show!" :roll:

It's seems mature of them to not have mentioned it... and that is why I am shocked. :lol:

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#73 Post by JJ » 05 Nov 2004, 12:33

Odd Todd wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
kinggrl wrote:
The only reason why I bring it up... is because this is the first time that it wasn't waved in the viewers face like... "Oh look how shocking and/or hip we can be... we put gay people on the show!" :roll:

It's seems mature of them to not have mentioned it... and that is why I am shocked. :lol:
Agreed. It's a huge improvement.
La la la la la.

kinggrl
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#74 Post by kinggrl » 05 Nov 2004, 12:34

Odd Todd wrote:
Jame Gumb wrote:
kinggrl wrote:

No, it's on the back burner now. This year, disabled is the new gay. Look! A guy with no foot! We're so cool!

McT
Bastard Son of FilmWise
Bastard Son of FilmWise

#75 Post by McT » 05 Nov 2004, 12:40

Both there bios make it pretty clear. Ami's says she is dating Chrissy, so assuming that wasn't a just a guy who went by a sissy name...

I don't think they touted the first gay contestant, it was just hard to miss the fact that Brandon was gay.

I was surprised that they didn't advertise Chad's lack of foot. It made for better TV that way.

Despite Jeff's questioning voting off strong members, the show does everything they can to support it. Seems like every challenge this time has had a way to not be killed by a weak member. Look at Scouts participation: Gate keeper for the pigs, put together an eight piece puzzle (with help) after your teammates do one of the most grueling swims I have seen, Spill your coconut juice after 2 feet and let the next person go. Every challenge should require effort from all team members. They should also allow each contestant to only sit out one challenge, period.

Switching teams partway through also provides less reward for keeping strong people.
Squirrel!