FilmWise Forums
It is currently 22 Jul 2018, 15:51

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2005, 14:25 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Great season so far! :lol:

Steve Holts a cousin...

Bob Loblaw...

Cabin Truck...

Analyst/Therapist... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2005, 14:43 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd sort of wrote:
Analrapist... :lol:

"You're pronouncing it wrong."

"I don't think it's the pronounciation that's making me anxious."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2005, 18:48 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Unfortunately for everyone with a right state of mind, unless there's some kind of miracle, it's almost deifnitely in its last season. It may even be cut short. Well, we have to enjoy it while it lasts (which I very much am).

Where are you going? The kennel? Get it? Because all the girls you date are dogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2005, 23:58 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Jimothy wrote:
Unfortunately for everyone with a right state of mind, unless there's some kind of miracle, it's almost deifnitely in its last season. It may even be cut short.

Is this based on something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2005, 15:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

There was an article on it... I can't seem to find it, though. I doubt that it will be cut short, but hoping for another season is a little overly optimistic. Unless Fox wants to give it yet another chance, or if Americans finally get it, I don't know if there's any hope.

But anyways, it's great while it's lasting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2005, 18:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

The move to Monday nights will potentially help it out a lot. I think it has a decent shot at sticking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2005, 18:42 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

According to the guy that wrote the same article, the move to Mondays is what's killing it. I don't know, though. It may do better.... new episodes don't start again until November 7th (but Season 2 is on DVD Tuesday!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Oct 2005, 18:44 

Still... where'd the lighter fluid come from?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 08:47 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

From TVGuide.com
:lol: :lol: :x :cry: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
HYSTERICAL DEVELOPMENT:

Leave it to Arrested Development to mine the tragedy of its imminent death for laughs. Per Variety, series creator Mitch Hurwitz is planning an episode that will poke fun at Fox's decision to reduce the show's episode order from 22 to 13, effectively canceling it. In the episode, titled "S.O.B." for "Save Our Bluths," the Bluth clan considers throwing a fund-raiser to save their construction company from shutting down. In one scene, Jason Bateman's Michael notes, "Our backs are against the wall.... It's just hard for me to accept that it's really come to begging." There's even a conversation about whether the Home Builders Organization — HBO — might be willing to come to their rescue. That idea is quickly nixed though, leading George Sr. to say, "I guess it's Showtime. We'll put on some kind of show at the [fund-raiser]." Meanwhile, after reading this item on TVGuide.com, the American public released the following statement: "Huh? I don't get that last joke. I told you this show was dumb."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 09:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:
From TVGuide.com
:lol: :lol: :x :cry: :lol: :lol:
Quote:
HYSTERICAL DEVELOPMENT:

Leave it to Arrested Development to mine the tragedy of its imminent death for laughs. Per Variety, series creator Mitch Hurwitz is planning an episode that will poke fun at Fox's decision to reduce the show's episode order from 22 to 13, effectively canceling it. In the episode, titled "S.O.B." for "Save Our Bluths," the Bluth clan considers throwing a fund-raiser to save their construction company from shutting down. In one scene, Jason Bateman's Michael notes, "Our backs are against the wall.... It's just hard for me to accept that it's really come to begging." There's even a conversation about whether the Home Builders Organization — HBO — might be willing to come to their rescue. That idea is quickly nixed though, leading George Sr. to say, "I guess it's Showtime. We'll put on some kind of show at the [fund-raiser]." Meanwhile, after reading this item on TVGuide.com, the American public released the following statement: "Huh? I don't get that last joke. I told you this show was dumb."

:lol: That last line is so true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 15:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Hurwitz and the writing team are, well, the best. All I can say is that these last episodes will definitely be the funniest ones. And it will most probably make fun of Fox and America in general a number of times. Well, I can only hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 16:42 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

whu! I can stop hearing from people how much I have to watch this show!

Bateman's been all downhill since TW2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 19:18 

JJ wrote:

No, you can't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 21:14 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:

No, you can't.

Damn.

Naturally you had no comment on the genius that is TW2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 18 Nov 2005, 21:59 

JJ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:

No, you can't.

Damn.

Naturally you had no comment on the genius that is TW2.

I think you said it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2005, 23:31 

Hollywood Reporter wrote:
The Vine: Showtime may book 'Arrested'

Will the pay TV environs of Showtime be a friendlier place for the Emmy-winning comedy "Arrested Development"? Word around town this week is that Showtime is in talks with "Arrested" producers 20th Century Fox TV and Imagine TV about picking up the comedy from creator/executive producer Mitch Hurwitz. Sources stressed that the talks are still exploratory and that it would be a big financial commitment on Showtime's part to pick up the show in its current form with a large ensemble cast that includes Jason Bateman, Jeffrey Tambor, Portia de Rossi, Jessica Walter and Will Arnett. "Arrested" was an instant hit with critics following its debut on Fox in late 2003, but the show never could pull in much of a crowd during its run on Fox Broadcasting Co., even after it won the Emmy for best comedy series in 2004. Last month, Fox threw in the towel, cutting its episode order for "Arrested's" third season from its initial 22-episode ticket to 13 (HR 11/11). Reps for Showtime, 20th and Imagine declined comment late Tuesday. (Nellie Andreeva)

(from here)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2005, 00:05 

Variety wrote:
Inside Move: Nets keen to get 'Arrested'
Ratings-challenged laffer's third-season order recently cut

By DENISE MARTIN, JOSEF ADALIAN

Fox still hasn't officially canceled "Arrested Development," but if it does, other networks are interested in the show.
Both ABC and Showtime have had conversations with 20th Century Fox TV and indicated they're open to making a deal for new episodes of the critically beloved, Emmy-winning comedy from creator Mitch Hurwitz. No formal negotiations have taken place, and there are still numerous hurdles that might prevent such a move -- including the show's hefty pricetag.

That said, those familiar with the talks described them as serious, with Showtime said to be in particularly hot pursuit of the ratings-challenged laffer, now on life support at Fox. Skein's third-season order was recently cut to 13 episodes.

Showtime could be a good place for "Arrested." Skein's subversive humor and heavily serialized storylines always made it a tough sell as a mass-appeal broadcast series. What's more, Showtime already has a potential companion for "Arrested" in "Weeds," which just received a second-season pickup. That show is a suburban satire centered on a drug-dealing soccer mom played by Mary-Louise ParkerMary-Louise Parker.

Network entertainment topper Robert Greenblatt has made an aggressive push to make Showtime a player in the comedy biz. He's greenlit several since his arrival -- including "Fat Actress" and "Barbershop" -- and "Arrested" could be the piece de resistance. If even half of the skein's Fox viewers -- last averaging around 4 million per episode -- watched on Showtime, "Arrested" would be an instant cable hit.

ABC, meanwhile, is also looking to make its mark in comedy, having already established itself as the home of TV's most buzzworthy dramas ("Lost," "Desperate Housewives," "Grey's Anatomy"). Net has high hopes for upcoming laffers, such as "Emily's Reason's Why Not," "Crumbs" and "Sons and Daughters," as well as a sophomore contender, "Jake in Progress."

Since Fox has yet to officially cop to canceling "Arrested," 20th can't formally make any deals with another net. There are other barriers to setting the show up elsewhere, however.

Studio has already deficited millions in order to produce the show, which costs about $1.6 million per half-hour to produce. It's believed 20th deficits about $400,000 per episode.

Even if ABC or Showtime stepped up with the same license fee Fox now forks over for the show, 20th execs will have to decide whether it's worth it to sink more money into a show that isn't a proven ratings winner. That's one reason the studio might push for at least a 22-episode (or greater) commitment from a net.

Studio needs 36 episodes to get "Arrested" to the magic number of 88 episodes required for syndication. But even if it gets to syndication, there's no guarantee of a rich payday in the off-net market.

On the other hand, "Arrested" is a winner in the DVD market, and more episodes mean more DVD sales. Skein could also take off if given mass exposure on a cabler such as Showtime -- particularly now that the feevee cabler is part of Leslie Moonves' CBS Corp. family.

Moonves certainly knows something about making lemons out of lemonade. One of his first acts upon taking over CBS was picking up a show from NBC called "JAG." Skein ran for nearly a decade on the Eye and spawned the successful spinoff "NCIS."

Studio, Showtime and ABC declined comment.

(from here)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2005, 11:53 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Go Showtime! :D

This would really benefit with what more they could get away with on cable... it's the only way a show this good could improve... by allowing them to do MORE of what they already do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2005, 12:56 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

WOOHOO! That sounds like really positive news!! I wonder if the Ron Howard factor is helping this show find a new home at all. If not, it should be.

Fox is stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2005, 19:16 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Personally, I'd love for ABC to get it. First of all, I don't get Showtime. Second, it wouldn't interfere with Lost. Third, the show would lose some of its luster if it were uncensored. I think the bleeped words, blurred out body parts, and the stuff they just push pass the censors are some of the funniest jokes. But that's just wishful thinking; it may not make it at all.

That is good news, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2005, 20:28 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Jimothy wrote:
I think the bleeped words, blurred out body parts, and the stuff they just push pass the censors are some of the funniest jokes.

:green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2005, 06:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Jimothy wrote:
I think the bleeped words, blurred out body parts, and the stuff they just push pass the censors are some of the funniest jokes.

double :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Dec 2005, 09:52 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Caulfield wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Jimothy wrote:

double :green:

I think they would keep that in... I don't expect them to suddenly start swaring and showing nudity just cuz they can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2006, 10:41 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Okay, maybe I just haven't been paying attention, but apparently the season 3 finale is tonight (last of 4 episodes airing back to back, starting 8 pm eastern) and I hadn't heard a thing about it. Hasn't it been airing on Mondays? Anyway, in case anyone else wasn't aware....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Feb 2006, 12:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

i don't think it's aired in a few weeks

they've just been waiting to do all 4 final episodes at the same time as the Olympics Opening Ceremonies

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next