FilmWise Forums
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 18:39

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 15:29 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

JJ wrote:
Jimothy wrote:
... Ladies and gentlemen, JJ, here to ruin the party.

I hate to ask, but why the grudge toward the show? I know you hate a lot of things, but most of them are understandable. Please explain.

Actually the show wasn't bad (the five minutes I saw). But now I don't have to hear how good it is. :banana:

Once it's gone, I think I'll talk about it a lot more. So how 'bout that Sports Night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 15:46 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
Jimothy wrote:
... Ladies and gentlemen, JJ, here to ruin the party.

I hate to ask, but why the grudge toward the show? I know you hate a lot of things, but most of them are understandable. Please explain.

Actually the show wasn't bad (the five minutes I saw). But now I don't have to hear how good it is. :banana:

Once it's gone, I think I'll talk about it a lot more. So how 'bout that Sports Night?

It's off the air too? :banana:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Mar 2006, 00:29 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

JJ wrote:
I'll wade through you, reach down your throat, and pull your f*cking heart out!

With a spoon. (Because it's dull, you twit; it'll hurt more.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2006, 16:40 

lots of props, etc. for sale on eBay

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 May 2006, 00:32 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Oh CafePress, I love you. Some brilliant t-shirt designs, and more, here.

I think I will get the Annyong (hello) t-shirt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 May 2006, 06:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Did anyone watch The Jake Effect on Bravo last friday, I thought it was pretty funny.

The show starred Jason Bateman as a lawyer who has left his career to become a teacher. It also starred Greg Grunberg and Nikki Cox.

You can see the pilot Here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2006, 00:04 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Arrested Development: The Movie?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2006, 03:35 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Just a random thing. My brother and I just got new cellphones, and the first thing he did was set his ringtone to The Final Countdown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2006, 04:44 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Even more random... it's "roll" not role.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Jul 2006, 22:55 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&stor ... alls;img;2

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2006, 09:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Wait... G4, the gaming channel?

Well who cares, that's awesome (even though I'll have all the DVDs).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jul 2006, 10:14 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

The show is still cancelled? :banana:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 13:05 

paging JJ ...
Kristin Dos Santos @ E! Online wrote:
This just might be the best news we Arrested fans have heard in a very long time.

Jason Bateman has just confirmed to me that the creative minds behind Arrested Development (Mitch Hurwitz and Ron Howard) have put the wheels in motion toward a major motion picture of the Fox TV comedy so many of us adore. I'm told by insiders that Jason and other Bluth family members have received calls from producers (Hurwitz and Howard) asking if they would be willing to shoot a movie.

"I can confirm that a round of sniffing has started," Bateman says. "Any talk is targeting a poststrike situation, of course. I think, as always, that it's a question of whether the people with the money are willing to give our leader, Mitch Hurwitz, what he deserves for his participation. And I can speak for the cast when I say our fingers are crossed."

Jeffrey Tambor also revealed on XM Radio's the Ron and Fez Show that he has been approached by Ron Howard to see if he's willing to do an Arrested film. (You can hear that interview [here].)

For the record, both Jason and Jeffrey's answers were: Hells yeah. And I hear from other sources that other castmembers were called and that everyone seems to be very much on board and excited by the prospect.

Insiders also tell me that while creator Mitch Hurwitz does not yet have a script, he has a good, solid understanding of what he'd like to do for the movie, and Universal is very much interested.

And so it seems that a few good—wait, no, outrageously amazing—things just might come out of this unfortunate writers' strike, as the creative minds in this town have had time to pause, regroup and think about their dream projects.

And an Arrested movie is a pretty great dream, is it not?

So, let's join our crossed fingers with the rest of the cast, shall we? And how about a little support in the Comments section below?
(from here)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2008, 14:32 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Great news. Would have better if a return to the TV, but good enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Apr 2008, 12:59 

some sort of doc in the making

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2008, 05:16 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Well, I was way late to the party but I just watched the entire series over the course of a couple of weeks. Somehow I didn't "get it" before but now I see it as the fantastic masterpiece it is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Jun 2008, 00:37 

(from here)
E!'s Watch with Kristin wrote:
By the way, I asked [Scrubs creator Bill] Lawrence, and it turns out Zach Braff's dream of bringing Arrested Development's Dr. Tobias Fünke into the Sacred Heart fold is not totally dead!

Well then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 18:58 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

alan smithee wrote:
paging JJ ...
This just might be the best news we Arrested fans have heard in a very long time.

If it's on IMDb, it must be true...

:banana:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Jun 2008, 19:24 

Agrajag wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
paging JJ ...

If it's on IMDb, it must be true...

:banana:

Its kind of funny how many of the cast is listed as "rumored."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2008, 01:07 

What a 'Fun, Sexy Time' For Us: Jason Bateman Confirms 'Arrested Development' Movie To Shoot Next Year
(from here)
Defamer Australia wrote:
It's been rumoured since the show went off the air two years ago, but it looks the Arrested Development movie is finally a go. While in the UK to promote his upcoming role in the Will Smith vehicle Hancock, costar Jason Bateman let slip that the embattled Bluths are finally reuniting on the big screen:

Quote:
A big-screen version of Arrested Development is planned for next year. "When it was on TV, if you missed one word the whole third act could be blown for you. And TV is a different experience. You come home and you've got to finish a call so you miss the first ten minutes or you get snacky and you go to the fridge and you miss another two minutes, so it's a different experience to film."

While the cult sitcom may not be able to hit Sex and the City heights on its way to movieplexes, Bateman says it can still claim foreign appeal:

Quote:
"Arrested Development played late at night in England, so I got a lot of coke addicts and meth freaks. Great. So you've seen me but you just don't remember me." When I suggest that will change since he is in so many films now, he quips again. "So I am a whore, too."

Nonsense, Jason. Everyone knows that Lindsay was the whore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 01 Jul 2008, 23:03 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

EW.com wrote:
Hold up! 'Arrested Development' movie not yet greenlit
Jul 2, 2008, 01:04 AM | by Lynette Rice

Categories: Movie Biz, TV Biz

Those Bluths are such teases! EW has learned that no deal — much less a script — is in place for a movie version of the Fox comedy Arrested Development, but that hasn't stopped the actors from chatting about it. Last week, Jeffrey Tambor told EW that the project was a go, but his costar Jason Bateman reinforces what EW has learned, saying that his costar's comments were premature. "They are trying to decide if they can make it for the money they need," quips star Jason Bateman. "Michael Cera is a huge star now...with a huge star attitude to go with it. His salary will probably be the holdup." (Additional reporting by Carrie Bell)

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 Jul 2008, 15:05 

(from here)

Arrested Development Movie "On" According to Jeffrey Tambor

"After months of speculation, I think we have finally figured out for sure that we are indeed doing an Arrested Development movie," Tambor told EW.com

1 Jul 08
Paul Westcott wrote:
For years now movie rumors have left dedicated Arrested Development fans saying, "Come on!". But now it seems the movie is a go.

Former Arrested Development costar Jeffrey Tambor has confirmed published reports that a movie version of the Emmy-winning Fox comedy is in the works.

"After months of speculation, I think we have finally figured out for sure that we are indeed doing an Arrested Development movie," Tambor told EW.com at the premiere of Hellboy II on Sunday. "I am very excited about that. I love that cast and crew and I felt like we had more to say."

The short lived series aired for three years receiving high critical acclaim but didn't do well in the ratings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Jul 2008, 13:08 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
(from here)

Arrested Development Movie "On" According to Jeffrey Tambor

"After months of speculation, I think we have finally figured out for sure that we are indeed doing an Arrested Development movie," Tambor told EW.com

1 Jul 08
Paul Westcott wrote:
For years now movie rumors have left dedicated Arrested Development fans saying, "Come on!". But now it seems the movie is a go.

Former Arrested Development costar Jeffrey Tambor has confirmed published reports that a movie version of the Emmy-winning Fox comedy is in the works.

"After months of speculation, I think we have finally figured out for sure that we are indeed doing an Arrested Development movie," Tambor told EW.com at the premiere of Hellboy II on Sunday. "I am very excited about that. I love that cast and crew and I felt like we had more to say."

The short lived series aired for three years receiving high critical acclaim but didn't do well in the ratings.

Reading this just made my PMS go away. :D :D :D

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2009, 23:01 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

(from here)

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
'Arrested Development' script in works

Mitchell Hurwitz, James Vallely penning film adaptation
By Jay A. Fernandez and Lesley Goldberg
Oct 4, 2009, 11:00 PM ET

Narrator: Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything ... and just may get some of it back.

"Arrested Development" creator Mitchell Hurwitz and his co-executive producer James Vallely are working on a screenplay for the long-debated feature version of their short-lived Fox series. Even as they prep a new Fox comedy series with "Arrested" star Will Arnett, the writers are spinning more bizarre encounters for the eccentric, spoiled Bluth clan for possible feature production in the spring.

Imagine, which produced the TV show, and Fox Searchlight are producing the film.

Hurwitz had said that he wouldn't start writing a film unless all the main actors, including Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, David Cross, Arnett, Alia Shawkat, Portia de Rossi and Jeffrey Tambor, were committed. Earlier in the year, speculation circulated about which wanted to return as the show's hyper-invested fans pushed from the sidelines and the actors themselves spurred excitement.

Hurwitz and Vallely are now forging ahead. Scheduling might be difficult, however, as several -- Bateman, Cera and Arnett -- have seen their careers bloom in TV and film since the series debuted in 2003.

Director Ron Howard, who executive produced the series and provided the voice of the narrator, played himself in the final episode hearing a pitch of the Bluth story and suggesting it for a movie. Hurwitz, however, will direct the feature.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2009, 23:35 

Nunis wrote:
(from here)

The Hollywood Reporter wrote:
'Arrested Development' script in works

Mitchell Hurwitz, James Vallely penning film adaptation
By Jay A. Fernandez and Lesley Goldberg
Oct 4, 2009, 11:00 PM ET

Narrator: Now the story of a wealthy family who lost everything ... and just may get some of it back.

"Arrested Development" creator Mitchell Hurwitz and his co-executive producer James Vallely are working on a screenplay for the long-debated feature version of their short-lived Fox series. Even as they prep a new Fox comedy series with "Arrested" star Will Arnett, the writers are spinning more bizarre encounters for the eccentric, spoiled Bluth clan for possible feature production in the spring.

Imagine, which produced the TV show, and Fox Searchlight are producing the film.

Hurwitz had said that he wouldn't start writing a film unless all the main actors, including Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, David Cross, Arnett, Alia Shawkat, Portia de Rossi and Jeffrey Tambor, were committed. Earlier in the year, speculation circulated about which wanted to return as the show's hyper-invested fans pushed from the sidelines and the actors themselves spurred excitement.

Hurwitz and Vallely are now forging ahead. Scheduling might be difficult, however, as several -- Bateman, Cera and Arnett -- have seen their careers bloom in TV and film since the series debuted in 2003.

Director Ron Howard, who executive produced the series and provided the voice of the narrator, played himself in the final episode hearing a pitch of the Bluth story and suggesting it for a movie. Hurwitz, however, will direct the feature.

sweet

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next