Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

Whether it be Lost or The Simpsons, this is the place to discuss all your favourite TV shows -- current and cancelled.
Message
Author
Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3051 Post by Sela » 10 Sep 2012, 13:18

In case you are interested, Yahoo! has the premiere episode of Last Resort

"What happens when one of the most powerful U.S. subs on Earth is given a suspicious order to fire its nuclear weapons at Pakistan? When Capt. Marcus Chaplin (Andre Braugher) refuses to fire without confirmation, XO Sam Kendal (Scott Speedman) is put in charge. However, when he refuses the order too, the U.S. Colorado is fired upon. Chaplin and Kendal go on the run with the sub and end up at an exotic island. Realizing there must be a conspiracy at the very depths of the U.S government, Chaplin takes drastic action to protect himself and his crew. The crew of the Colorado take refuge on the island hoping that one day they can clear their names and get home to their families. The series also stars Robert Patrick, Dichen Lachman, Autumn Reeser, Camille de Pazzis and Daisy Betts."

I just watched it, and it piqued my interest. I just don't know how far you can go with a story like this...
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 6143
Joined: 19 Jun 2006, 10:30
Gender: Male
Location: somewhere

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3052 Post by Bill » 27 Sep 2012, 22:19

Did anybody watch Elementary? I kept hearing good things about it and I'm somewhat intrigued.
.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 30056
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3053 Post by Batman » 28 Sep 2012, 00:44

Has anyone seen "Arrow"? Any good?
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
bratzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
Posts: 12428
Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3054 Post by bratzks » 28 Sep 2012, 02:09

Bill wrote:Did anybody watch Elementary? I kept hearing good things about it and I'm somewhat intrigued.
I caught some of it last night. I did not like it at all. Sherlock does the premise so much better, there's just no comparison. Save your time and just watch that instead.
Image Image Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50911
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3055 Post by knarf » 28 Sep 2012, 05:46

Bill wrote:Did anybody watch Elementary? I kept hearing good things about it and I'm somewhat intrigued.
I decided to give it a shot, but forgot to record it. They're showing it again Saturday.
Image

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3056 Post by Sela » 28 Sep 2012, 07:25

bratzks wrote:
Bill wrote:Did anybody watch Elementary? I kept hearing good things about it and I'm somewhat intrigued.
I caught some of it last night. I did not like it at all. Sherlock does the premise so much better, there's just no comparison. Save your time and just watch that instead.
While it's true that it is much worse than it's Brit predecessor, I thought it played OK. I knew there was no comparison, so with an open mind, I found the portrayals interesting enough.

And it's among the best new shows this year...which is, so far, a very small list.
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50911
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3057 Post by knarf » 29 Sep 2012, 17:15

knarf wrote:
Bill wrote:Did anybody watch Elementary? I kept hearing good things about it and I'm somewhat intrigued.
I decided to give it a shot, but forgot to record it. They're showing it again Saturday.
FU CBS
Image

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3058 Post by Sela » 29 Sep 2012, 17:31

knarf wrote:
knarf wrote:
Bill wrote:Did anybody watch Elementary? I kept hearing good things about it and I'm somewhat intrigued.
I decided to give it a shot, but forgot to record it. They're showing it again Saturday.
FU CBS
http://www.cbs.com/shows/elementary/video/
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3059 Post by snotball » 01 Oct 2012, 10:13

Sela wrote:
bratzks wrote:
Bill wrote:Did anybody watch Elementary? I kept hearing good things about it and I'm somewhat intrigued.
I caught some of it last night. I did not like it at all. Sherlock does the premise so much better, there's just no comparison. Save your time and just watch that instead.
While it's true that it is much worse than it's Brit predecessor, I thought it played OK. I knew there was no comparison, so with an open mind, I found the portrayals interesting enough.

And it's among the best new shows this year...which is, so far, a very small list.
Watched it and thought it was interesting enough to give it a chance.
Bad dates

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13710
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3060 Post by Odd Todd » 01 Oct 2012, 16:09

snotball wrote:
Sela wrote:
bratzks wrote:
Bill wrote:Did anybody watch Elementary? I kept hearing good things about it and I'm somewhat intrigued.
I caught some of it last night. I did not like it at all. Sherlock does the premise so much better, there's just no comparison. Save your time and just watch that instead.
While it's true that it is much worse than it's Brit predecessor, I thought it played OK. I knew there was no comparison, so with an open mind, I found the portrayals interesting enough.

And it's among the best new shows this year...which is, so far, a very small list.
Watched it and thought it was interesting enough to give it a chance.
:green: Despite the horror of possibly seeing Holmes and Watson make out. I thought there was enough there and they thankfully tried not to copy Sherlock.
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35062
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3061 Post by » 03 Oct 2012, 22:10

Bones is more interesting now that I have been studying anatomy like crazy this semester. As overwhelmed as that class often makes me feel, its kind of fun to watch Bones and when they are rattling off different bones or bone features or whatever and know exactly what they are talking about.
The :) means it's all ok.

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3062 Post by Sela » 04 Oct 2012, 06:09

Enjoyed the first episode of "666 Park Avenue". Not overwhelmed, but enough to keep checking it for a while.
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33763
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3063 Post by Steel Frog » 04 Oct 2012, 21:08

Wow. Was that ever a depressing episode of Glee

Did everybody have to break up?

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 39917
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3064 Post by alan smithee » 04 Oct 2012, 21:10

Steel Frog wrote:Wow. Was that ever a depressing episode of Glee

Did everybody have to break up?
Yeah, umm, I got an easy solution for problems like these.
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13710
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3065 Post by Odd Todd » 07 Oct 2012, 16:18

This is a helpful article for those wondering how the network shows are going and what may be headed for cancelation.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58904
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33763
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3066 Post by Steel Frog » 08 Oct 2012, 06:57

Odd Todd wrote:This is a helpful article for those wondering how the network shows are going and what may be headed for cancelation.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58904
Didn't mention Scruluce once. WTF?!

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15501
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3067 Post by Scruluce » 08 Oct 2012, 10:21

Steel Frog wrote:
Odd Todd wrote:This is a helpful article for those wondering how the network shows are going and what may be headed for cancelation.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58904
Didn't mention Scruluce once. WTF?!
:lol: YES!! still flying under the radar!

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3068 Post by snotball » 17 Oct 2012, 09:57

A new addition to my watch list - Sons of Anarchy. Scruluce, don't watch it, it's a shitty show.
Bad dates

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15501
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3069 Post by Scruluce » 17 Oct 2012, 20:56

snotball wrote:A new addition to my watch list - Sons of Anarchy. Scruluce, don't watch it, it's a shitty show.
I've been avoiding it for years

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15501
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3070 Post by Scruluce » 17 Oct 2012, 21:08

For what it's worth, I'm dumping shows. I've not had time to watch some of the shows I'm interested in (something about having a job and girlfriend that takes all my personal time while the kids are at school or in bed...).

I've deleted Elementary and Last Resort without so much as a second watched. I've yet to start Revolution, and I'm at least two weeks behind on Supernatural, The Mentalist, Grimm, Hawaii 5-0, and Person of Interest.

I am current on The Voice, Go On, Fringe, The Walking Dead, Raising Hope, New Girl, and Robot Chicken.

My DVR is consistently at 90% full. Where are my priorities?!

User avatar
snotball
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
Posts: 13408
Joined: 15 Jan 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3071 Post by snotball » 17 Oct 2012, 21:38

Scruluce wrote:For what it's worth, I'm dumping shows. I've not had time to watch some of the shows I'm interested in (something about having a job and girlfriend that takes all my personal time while the kids are at school or in bed...).

I've deleted Elementary and Last Resort without so much as a second watched. I've yet to start Revolution, and I'm at least two weeks behind on Supernatural, The Mentalist, Grimm, Hawaii 5-0, and Person of Interest.

I am current on The Voice, Go On, Fringe, The Walking Dead, Raising Hope, New Girl, and Robot Chicken.

My DVR is consistently at 90% full. Where are my priorities?!
You're whipped, man, just whipped, and we can all just be thankful for that.
Bad dates

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13710
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3072 Post by Odd Todd » 17 Oct 2012, 22:22

"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15501
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3073 Post by Scruluce » 18 Oct 2012, 20:16

snotball wrote:You're whipped, man, just whipped, and we can all just be thankful for that.
:lol: :lol:

User avatar
Buckykatt
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5904
Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Gender: Female
Location: a furry little Don Quixote

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3074 Post by Buckykatt » 02 Nov 2012, 13:33

I knew it was likely to be bad, possibly very bad. But I hugely underestimated the pee-uww that was Mockingbird Lane.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss
Posts: 13710
Joined: 18 Feb 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Colorado

Re: Index to TV Show Threads / General TV Chit Chat

#3075 Post by Odd Todd » 05 Nov 2012, 18:43

Another "Cancellation Watch" link
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/59473
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

Post Reply