FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 20:55

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2005, 15:43 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

I've just finished watching the first season and about to start watching the second one, but some things bother me here. It's by no doubt a great show, that don't need several seasons to show it's good, like the various Star Trek clones, but still some issues in it lower my opinion about it.

1. Dr. Gaius and his imaginary masculine blond. This plotline started to annoy me from about the second episode, and became more and more absured as the show progresses. I mean, what's the point of her? She doesn't prevent him from killing off Cylons so what is her purpose?
Also, nobody seems to notice him talking to himself and fondling himself in public? :roll: and that's not even mentioning the times he's doing it in mid conversation with real people.
2. The Cylon Detector - On one hand they say there isn't such a thing and it's all a hoax, but on the other Gaius manages to figure that Boomer is a Cylon. So what is it and why didn't he report it?
3. What do the Cylons try to achieve, tagging along to Helo on Caprica? He's a lone pilot stranded on the planet away from the fleet, so what were they trying to achieve?
4. On the last episode, when Boomer detonates the nuke on the Cylon base, before flying off, she encounters several of her duplicates. Why the hell didn't they try to unarm the nuke instead of trying to fonle it. What is it with these cylons and their constant need of fondling people/stuff?

Now, that that's off my chest, can anyone tell me if I've missed something or if any of this gets a bit resolved on the second season or if Gaius finally gets killed of?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2005, 20:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

The first three points start to have some answers in the second season. As for the nuke, I would guess God told the Cylons that it was meant to explode.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2006, 14:23 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Just wanted to pop in here and tell Ulk and snotty (and I bet Todd watched it too -- who else?) that I watched the 3-hour miniseries today, and I am complately hooked. I've already started downloading season two, while season one should be arriving from my rental service any day now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2006, 14:31 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Season 2.5 (or whatever they're calling it) starts up again this Friday over here.

Snotty, question 3 is the one that's answered the best in season 2 (so far at least). And I just have to turn off my logic chip when it comes to anything involving Gaius and Six, and just hope for the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2006, 14:40 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

knarf wrote:
Season 2.5 (or whatever they're calling it) starts up again this Friday over here.

Just spotted that on TV.com. Looks like it's time for me to get moving on this. Knarf, you might want to expect another ridiculously one-dimensional month from me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2006, 14:51 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Yep... I've been watching from the beginning...

At first I hated the concept and was not interested in it at all... so I only watched the mini-series once it came out of DVD... but I was really impressed.

And I am still watching both Stargates so my Fridays are pretty much planned.

Oh and Nunis... Surface started again last night BTW. I hope Miles becomes Aquaman... I hearby patent the AquaMiles nickname.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Jan 2006, 23:06 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

knarf wrote:

I've been waiting for it's return after the cliffhanger it was left at.

knarf wrote:
Snotty, question 3 is the one that's answered the best in season 2 (so far at least). And I just have to turn off my logic chip when it comes to anything involving Gaius and Six, and just hope for the best.

Actually it not. The Cylons couldn't have known that He'll be rescued. As for Gaius and Six, it's not only the logic chip that I have to turn off, but also the annoyance chip. At least the series has so many qualities to it, that it helps you get past that flaw in it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Jan 2006, 16:40 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

We'll see how long I can stay hooked, but I really like just the stark difference in how the Vipers fly from old to new. In the old show the Vipers had no other thrust except forward. One little push and off they go until caught by gravity.

I must say that I almost stopped watching when Apollo of old showed up to be a 'terrorist'. Luckily he hasn't been an important figure. I'm not a huge fan of Stands With A Fist, but as long as Edward James keeps on as Adama I think it'll be good enough to keep watching.

And how the hell did Ensign Ro Laren get command of a Battlestar? WTF?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2006, 07:21 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Well, I watched the Miniseries again. The same day I posted back the DVD when I first saw it (two weeks ago?), my boyfriend saw an ad for the second season on TV and said he wanted to check it out. So I rented it again and we watched it the other day. Still great, and we're starting on season 1 tonight.

Anyway, I had some snotty-like questions. I don't want you to answer if these are things that get resolved in later episodes (keep in mind I've only seen the Miniseries so far), but perhaps tell me if they get explained.

1. Why did Number Six snap the neck of that baby in the market? Was it an accident?

2. Why does Number Six "help" Gaius throughout the Miniseries? Like how she helps him spot the Cylon device on the Galactica...

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2006, 08:34 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
1. Why did Number Six snap the neck of that baby in the market? Was it an accident?

2. Why does Number Six "help" Gaius throughout the Miniseries? Like how she helps him spot the Cylon device on the Galactica...

1. I think her only reason was that she could do it.
2. If you would read my first question, you'ld see there is no answer to that by the end of the first season, and not by the current state of the second one. The Gaius/Number Six subplot only gets more tedious and rediculous, and IMH removes :0.5star: - :1star: from the series' rating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2006, 08:35 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:

2. If you would read my first question, you'ld see there is no answer to that by the end of the first season, and not by the current state of the second one. The Gaius/Number Six subplot only gets more tedious and rediculous, and IMH removes :0.5star: - :1star: from the series' rating.

Agreed. So annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 20 Jan 2006, 12:33 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Nunis wrote:
snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:

Agreed. So annoying.

The point in their relationship is we don't know if shes just in his imagination, or actually sending her thoughts to him as if she is there. She seems to know more then he could make up in his own head... so I would lean to her being a projection meant in part to drive him a bit crazy and therefore easier to control.

The parts where she helps him I think were meant to keep him on edge and off-balence... which is why this last weeks episode was such a huge step for him.

Spoiler Wrote:
Quote:
Because by him using her own words and thoughts agianst her with the Pegasus Number 6... to get her to trust him... he denied her a bit of the control she had on him... because he will be able to be controlling party in this new relationship.

Sure it's confusing... but it's meant to be...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 Feb 2006, 14:38 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Great. As if one delusional character wasn't enough. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Feb 2006, 10:54 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

snotball wrote:
Great. As if one delusional character wasn't enough. :roll:

Hey I thought it was a great twist... even if it makes even less sense then him seeing her... I love what they are doing with it.

At this point they can even tell me that it was "Gods Will" that they have eachother in their heads and that would be enough of an explination for me... :)

I wonder if in one of these episodes on Caprica we will eventually see Billy just walking around. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2006, 10:44 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'm surprised noone has updated this thread since last Friday.

That certainly was an unusual approach to a season finale. I'm not sure I like the way they did it, but you can't accuse them of predictability. Nice job of tidying up a few storylines while creating a fairly open slate for next season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2006, 10:48 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Yeah I'm not sure what to think of the finale, but I do know how I feel about having to wait until October for the next season. :balrog:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Mar 2006, 20:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

It was fracking awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 00:21 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

I dunno... for one I am glad they had the balls to go ahead with this idea... and yet even if I don't know if I like it... I will be even more pissed if it turns out to be a dream or some shit.

Now... 30.000 people on New Caprica? Does that mean that the blast killed over 20,000 people!? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 00:26 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Ulkesh wrote:
It was fracking awesome.

:green:

I was a bit taken aback at the "1 year later" thing, but it worked. It was strange seeing the passage of time and how old and pasty everyone got (yay Admiral Adama). I can't believe how long we have to wait now though for Season 3.

I'm sure I'll have questions or comments later, and a bit of moaning about how Baltar is the worst leader in the history of lame leaders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 01:07 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
Ulkesh wrote:
It was fracking awesome.

:green:

I was a bit taken aback at the "1 year later" thing, but it worked. It was strange seeing the passage of time and how old and pasty everyone got (yay Admiral Adama). I can't believe how long we have to wait now though for Season 3.

I'm sure I'll have questions or comments later, and a bit of moaning about how Baltar is the worst leader in the history of lame leaders.

Image Damn, I was so close. I think I'll ask Martha what's her opinion about a rematch.

The season ending took me by surprise. When Baltar raised his head from the desk, I was sure it was a dream. It's a nice setup for the next season and I'm really curious what they'll do with it. By the way, didn't the Quantum Leep Cylon said they have given up chasing the humans?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 03:33 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

snotball wrote:
Image Damn, I was so close. I think I'll ask Martha what's her opinion about a rematch.

Close, but not quite. At least he has competent people around him, like Mike and Aaron. Baltar has an imaginary robot chick and a bunch of whores.

snotball wrote:
The season ending took me by surprise. When Baltar raised his head from the desk, I was sure it was a dream. It's a nice setup for the next season and I'm really curious what they'll do with it. By the way, didn't the Quantum Leep Cylon said they have given up chasing the humans?

Yeah, I was sure it was a dream too. I was very surprised; everyone looked so old. Gaeta had grey hair and everything.

I too seem to remember Stockwell's character saying that they were gonna leave them alone, but the Aaron Doral cylon claimed they had found them "by accident", whatever that means.

Oh, and btw, do we know which number Stockwellcylon is? We already knew Blondie was #6, and in the Downloaded epsiode we found out that Lucy Lawlessbot is model #3, Aaron Doral is model #5, and the Boomer Cylon is model #8. We also know of Leoben, the black doctor from the holding facility, and Stockwell, but we don't know their models. So am I right in assuming there are 5 more unknown (to us at this time) models?

Also, I hope we see more Lucy Lawless next season. She's cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 05:20 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
snotball wrote:

Close, but not quite. At least he has competent people around him, like Mike and Aaron. Baltar has an imaginary robot chick and a bunch of whores.

Image Whooooores.

Nunis wrote:
I too seem to remember Stockwell's character saying that they were gonna leave them alone, but the Aaron Doral cylon claimed they had found them "by accident", whatever that means.

As he has explained, they found them because of the nuclear detonation.

Nunis wrote:
Oh, and btw, do we know which number Stockwellcylon is? We already knew Blondie was #6, and in the Downloaded epsiode we found out that Lucy Lawlessbot is model #3, Aaron Doral is model #5, and the Boomer Cylon is model #8. We also know of Leoben, the black doctor from the holding facility, and Stockwell, but we don't know their models. So am I right in assuming there are 5 more unknown (to us at this time) models?

There's also the Cylon that Adama killed in the mini-series and that in the last episode lookd for Starbuck, near the end of the episode, as the Cylons arrived.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 07:44 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:

There's also the Cylon that Adama killed in the mini-series and that in the last episode lookd for Starbuck, near the end of the episode, as the Cylons arrived.

This guy? That's Leoben.

According to this site, the black doctor guy was called Simon. Hasn't been updated for Stockwell though, but it appears those are the 7 we know of. I can see why you misunderstood me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 08:19 
FilmWise Nasal Dweller
FilmWise Nasal Dweller

Nunis wrote:
snotball wrote:
Nunis wrote:

This guy? That's Leoben.

According to this site, the black doctor guy was called Simon. Hasn't been updated for Stockwell though, but it appears those are the 7 we know of. I can see why you misunderstood me.

Oops, I thought you said the black doctor's name was Leoben.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Mar 2006, 08:29 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

snotball wrote:
Oops, I thought you said the black doctor's name was Leoben.

I guessed as much. What I said was

Nunis wrote:
We also know of Leoben, the black doctor from the holding facility, and Stockwell, but we don't know their models.

I was listing the three with unknown numbers, but I can see why you misunderstood me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next