FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 08:24

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2006, 22:00 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Slightly more interesting than normal. Not much else of note.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 00:00 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

Apprently the tribes of races won't last to the next elimination... they integrate into two tribes or they get mixed up almost immediatly next episode... it was a stupid idea anyway... anyone that watches the show knows it doesn't matter your age, race, creed, sexual orintation or athletic ability on who wins in this thing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 07:38 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I liked how the guy in tribal council said, "Yeah it is weird, but we are representing our people, so..."
To which Jeff totally smirked. Like, they didn't expect that perception to over rule any other thoughts about it.

I think when they do merge, we might actually see more racial tension, since now there are friendships and alignments already based on the segregation. When it comes to pacts and things of that nature later on, racial boundaries have already become more established than in other seasons.

On the record though, this was a STUPID idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 07:56 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Toasty wrote:
On the record though, this was a STUPID idea.

What? Having another season of Survivor?

When we're living our dream

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 08:08 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Everything you're doing here is bad. I wish you to know this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 09:41 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

Vanuatu just got added to the World Bank list of failing countries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 15:41 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Toasty wrote:
I think when they do merge, we might actually see more racial tension, since now there are friendships and alignments already based on the segregation. When it comes to pacts and things of that nature later on, racial boundaries have already become more established than in other seasons.

I know it's creative editting, but it seemed the African-American tribe was the only one to sort of huddle together and make a "pact" to go to the end with each other. I would have expected all the tribes to speak this thought when they made camp.

I was hoping the 4 tribes would stay for a few eliminations--last year's age/sex was doomed because each tribe only had 4 so they almost had to merge/mix after Day 3. Here, with 5 on each tribe, I hoped they might stick it out longer... Has someone read online that it's mixing up next week, or just your instinct on the matter?

Does anyone else watch the credits to see the 20 faces? If so, did anyone else think the Latino tribe was the Caucasian tribe until they actually got to the Caucasians? Just me??

Post subject:
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2006, 20:40 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Agrajag wrote:
Does anyone else watch the credits to see the 20 faces? If so, did anyone else think the Latino tribe was the Caucasian tribe until they actually got to the Caucasians? Just me??

I don't see color.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2010, 07:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Ok, reviving this, because I know there are a few of you out there who do watch.

Somehow, after a rocky start, this season has turned into one that I'm really enjoying, despite not particularly liking any of the players.

And last night? Man that will be an all-time Survivor moment to remember. I think the plan wasn't necessarily that bad an idea, it just happened to be premised on a faulty assumption. Although what annoys me is
Spoiler
everyone is talking about a women's alliance, and all the women know at this point that Russell is a threat, game play wise. So why did they never get together and think, hey, everyone assumes women's alliance, maybe there should be? Last night would have been a great moment to take out Russell.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2010, 08:36 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Mazer wrote:
Ok, reviving this, because I know there are a few of you out there who do watch.

Somehow, after a rocky start, this season has turned into one that I'm really enjoying, despite not particularly liking any of the players.

And last night? Man that will be an all-time Survivor moment to remember. I think the plan wasn't necessarily that bad an idea, it just happened to be premised on a faulty assumption. Although what annoys me is
Spoiler
everyone is talking about a women's alliance, and all the women know at this point that Russell is a threat, game play wise. So why did they never get together and think, hey, everyone assumes women's alliance, maybe there should be? Last night would have been a great moment to take out Russell.

"You are all individuals! You must all think for yourselves!"
"Yes! We must all think for ourselves!"

The best part about this season - which has been excellent - has been seeing my kids learn how much more fun it is to root for evil than good.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2010, 08:45 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Great season so far - some very interesting strategies and voting.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 23:31 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

It has been a good season... Wish James stayed healthy and didn't become kinda an asshole... and wish Colby was the old Colby... I miss Boston Rob... but that clash to losing him was brilliant. Hope the heroes can negate their mistake. I think they can... considering that Jeri or Sandra will jump ship ASAP.

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 19:27 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

I have no clue how anyone voted for Sandra after she essentially admitted that her strategy failed in comparison to Russell's.

Juries suck.

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 19:38 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
Russell sucks. Huge ego. Loved to see him not get a single vote. It wasn't Sandra's fault the strategy failed. Stupid stupid JT ... stupid heroes.

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 19:40 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

scruluce wrote:
Russell sucks. Huge ego. Loved to see him not get a single vote. It wasn't Sandra's fault the strategy failed. Stupid stupid JT ... stupid heroes.

I think this guy summed the whole thing up perfectly:

http://blog.syracuse.com/primetime-rewi ... again.html

You can give it to Russell, or you can give it to Parvati. (I'd lean toward the latter.) But giving it to useless coattail/failed strategy person just because she's "nicer" (even though she was also caught lying in the final tribal council, when she said she told the truth to everyone and Jerri bagged her on it) is BS.

Stupid popularity contests. Stupid heroes.

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 19:46 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
Odd Todd wrote:
It has been a good season... Wish Colby was the old Colby... I miss Boston Rob... but that clash to losing him was brilliant.

i'm with Todd. I was looking for one of these two, or maybe Tom, to win it. meh. this is why I don't watch it anymore. This was a good season though.

PostPosted: 17 May 2010, 22:20 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

The show is a failed format now...

People who are on the jury are too close to the finalists to make rational decisions.

Yes... I get that's exactly the format they want... they want to see the huge fights and the calling people out in the end... but yes... it's all just a popularity contest.

I wonder how far Russell would get in a game where everyone wasn't WANTING him to be a finalist with them knowing he'd never take a vote from them.

PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 05:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:
I wonder how far Russell would get in a game where everyone wasn't WANTING him to be a finalist with them knowing he'd never take a vote from them.

:green:

This is what people forget about when they sing Russell's praises. Russell was a douche, so people were willing to endure him in order to make sure he increased their chances in the end. If Russell hadn't been such an asshole the whole way through, he probably wouldn;t have made it much past merge, in my opinion.

He made good moves, Parv made good moves, and along the way, while they may not have been as dramatic, Sandra made good moves.

In fact, despite her claimed strategy of wanting Russell gone, he was the one person she had the most control over. Russell wants Courtney or her gone? Slip the idea into his head that Coach was on the beach talking about how much he hates you, Russell, and want you out of here. She and Parv managed Russell, at the cost of their closest allies, but they managed to navigate it and get themselves to the end.

I thought Parv probably should have won, which would have made my wife's head explode. The best moves in the game were executed by Russell and Parv. But I have no problem with the people who lived through it deciding Sandra deserved it.

PostPosted: 18 May 2010, 14:28 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Am I the only one who thought that Sandra looked like Mindy Kaling from The Office?

Am I the only one who thought it odd that everyone gets dressed up for the final, but Rupert is wearing the same island beard and tie-dye shirt?

Was hoping for Parvarti to win it, or at least be a little closer, maybe a 5-4 Sandra win instead of 6-3...

Was a fun season

PostPosted: 30 May 2010, 06:31 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I know I'm late on this, but I have to chime in to say that, much like last season, this was a really fun one, spoiled by the final vote. It should have been Parvati's this time - she was the only one of the three of them who had to fight her way into the finals, rather than coasting there. And I also thought her performance at the Final Council was the best - you could see that she was playing to specific votes.

I really think the problem was that the jury hated Russell so much - it wasn't necessarily that Sandra was nice/better/had anything to recommend her, as that they hated Russell so much that they not only didn't want to give it to him, but they didn't even want to give it to someone who had been associated to him, even though I think it was abundantly clear that she was only with Russell for strategic reasons.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 16:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Reviving old threads time!

Anyone else still watching? I actually like the twist this season, it's the first way they've changed the game in awhile that I think will effect how people play. And it solves a problem they've been looking for a solution to since somewhere around season 3, of making the merge and the following couple episodes less predictable if they don't go in with even numbers. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2013, 16:23 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Mazer wrote:

Anyone else still watching? I actually like the twist this season, it's the first way they've changed the game in awhile that I think will effect how people play. And it solves a problem they've been looking for a solution to since somewhere around season 3, of making the merge and the following couple episodes less predictable if they don't go in with even numbers. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

We're watching, and I agree about the twist. Like how it already had an impact in the first episode.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2013, 06:43 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

knarf wrote:
Mazer wrote:

We're watching, and I agree about the twist. Like how it already had an impact in the first episode.

I doubt we will ever stop watching, lol.

Like the hook, but I still hate redemption island. I think I would like RI better if the challenges there were not visible to the other players, especially given this season's approach.