FilmWise Forums
It is currently 21 Jun 2018, 00:27

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2007, 16:46 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Its time to save the world, ya'll

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2007, 16:47 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

A2 wrote:
Its time to save the world, ya'll

glwacoy

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2007, 18:24 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Cool Beans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2007, 20:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed. And what a cop out with the Sylar slipping down a manhole bullshit. I had come to expect more from this show.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 21 May 2007, 21:02 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Molly's revelation that there is somebody worse then Sylar was intriguing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 06:06 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

When do we learn what Mrs. Petrelli's power is? Or did we already, I don't remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 06:42 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Will wrote:
I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed. And what a cop out with the Sylar slipping down a manhole bullshit. I had come to expect more from this show.

:green: :green: :green:

Big letdown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 07:25 

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Will wrote:

Big letdown.

:green:
(so did that warrior at the end look like George Taki to anyone else? Is he supposed to be several hundred years old?)

Eric Draven wrote:
When do we learn what Mrs. Petrelli's power is? Or did we already, I don't remember.

When she was talking to Charles, he says something to the effect of "If he knows it, you know it." So, some sort of telepathy maybe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 07:47 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

bratzks wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Will wrote:

Big letdown.

:green:
(so did that warrior at the end look like George Taki to anyone else? Is he supposed to be several hundred years old?)

A bit of a let down, but not too bad. Sylar getting away was pretty lame. Basically makes it "Save the cheerleader, save the world... for now".

:green: on Takei.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 07:49 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

OK, so I got some questions: Sylar's telekinesis -- are we led to believe he can project bullets as quickly as a gun can? That seems a little far fetched; I'd say it's likely Parkman's wounds are not so intrusive. He'll obviously be back no matter what.

And Niki's "power" -- are we sure that's not just schizophrenia? Peter immediately started whaling on Sylar after encountering Niki leading one to believe: "oh good, now he's gonna see a different Peter in the mirror, too." -- or maybe he'll see Niki in the mirror; that would be cool.

It is too much to ask that Peter actually start using his arsenal effectively one of these days? Probably. It'd ruin the surprise if he we more powerful than Sylar, as he should be. On that count, when does he get Sylar's extra powers? Telekinesis wasn't a Sylar original IIRC, so Peter should be able to melt stuff and freeze stuff and remember stuff and hear into the next county, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 07:59 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Steel Frog wrote:
And Niki's "power" -- are we sure that's not just schizophrenia? Peter immediately started whaling on Sylar after encountering Niki leading one to believe: "oh good, now he's gonna see a different Peter in the mirror, too." -- or maybe he'll see Niki in the mirror; that would be cool.

Then he would just stand in front of the mirror and keep undressing himself. :lol: I think "Jessica" was just Niki's way of dealing with with superstrength. She had the power all along and stuff, kind of like Hiro's "It is not the sword, it's the man." speech.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 08:41 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

As an aside... after the buildup last week with Candace's "real form" when all was said and done and she was knocked unconscious, she was really just the hottie all along. I was expecting:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 13:36 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Will wrote:
I had come to expect more from this show.

Surely you can't be serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 14:17 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

It seems Peter can only use one power at a time... Or else he could have flown away himself before he blew up.
No wait... didn't he fly away invisible once? I don't remember...

And I still say the telekenesis power is Ando's. I don't think Peter can pick up powers from Syler... I bet it's becasue the powers are not Sylers originally... or at least thats how the writers will write it off... or else Peter would be to powerful.

No we don't know what power his Mother has... but she has to have something... because if these powers are geneteic... and we learn from the comic that their Dad had nothing... or at least nothing in the comic... (and I don't know why Linderman told Nathan his Dad had great power) then their mother had to have passed it on to them... But also seeing what Linderman said to DL and Nikki... they have been pairing up people to make more powerful kids... so maybe their Dad did have a great power... who knows... that's for next season.

Oh and for everyone saying how did Syler live? He does has some healing ability... in the comic hed been shot once and said this would take a little time to heal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 18:03 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Odd Todd wrote:
Oh and for everyone saying how did Syler live? He does has some healing ability... in the comic hed been shot once and said this would take a little time to heal.

When Sylar was being experimented upon while captive at Primatech, he seemingly died but then was alive again and escaped. It was never explained whether he managed to fake his death or had some kind of resuscitation power. Also note that one scene of him in his Primatech cell had a cockroach lurking beside him, just like there was a cockroach near the manhole Sylar apparently disappeared into.

As for the rest of the episode, Nathan flying Peter into the air was awesome. The rest was kinda meh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 May 2007, 19:12 

Ulkesh wrote:
Also note that one scene of him in his Primatech cell had a cockroach lurking beside him, just like there was a cockroach near the manhole Sylar apparently disappeared into.

Holy crap! Good eyes Ulkesh. Metaphor for Sylar being hard to kill? Or did Sylar steal a cockroaches powers? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 25 May 2007, 09:23 
Key Grip
Key Grip

We are quite a bit behind in Heroes in the UK, but I do remember either the first or second episode, Suresh's father went to see Sylar, and he said he didn't have any powers. But he was able to see a watch and tell exactly what was wrong with it. Suresh's father told him that part of the brain was responsible for the powers (hence Sylars facination with opening heads!). Sylar then advertised about powers and he said he could help. Cue the arrival of the first victim, a guy with Telekinis powers, Sylar kills him, takes his power and then changes his name from something like Ronald, to the name he see's on a watch face - SYLAR!

So yes he didn't start with telekinisis powers, but he did have some sort of ability that was never fully explained the ability to see what made thing tick

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 08:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

bratzks wrote:
Ulkesh wrote:
Also note that one scene of him in his Primatech cell had a cockroach lurking beside him, just like there was a cockroach near the manhole Sylar apparently disappeared into.

Holy crap! Good eyes Ulkesh. Metaphor for Sylar being hard to kill? Or did Sylar steal a cockroaches powers? :D

Was rewatching some bits of earlier episodes and here's what Mohinder says the first time we see him in the pilot. He's talking to his Genetics students:

"Man is a narcissistic species by nature. We've colonized the four corners of our tiny planet. But we are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach: capable of living for months without food, remaining alive headless for weeks at a time, resistant to radiation... If God has indeed created Himself in His own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach."

Post subject:
PostPosted: 26 May 2007, 08:58 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Ulkesh wrote:
bratzks wrote:
Ulkesh wrote:

Was rewatching some bits of earlier episodes and here's what Mohinder says the first time we see him in the pilot. He's talking to his Genetics students:

"Man is a narcissistic species by nature. We've colonized the four corners of our tiny planet. But we are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution. That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach: capable of living for months without food, remaining alive headless for weeks at a time, resistant to radiation... If God has indeed created Himself in His own image, then I submit to you that God is a cockroach."

:whu!:

I can't wait to buy and watch the DVDs... I'm sure there are tons from the first few episodes I completely missed or have forgotten.

One thing I must have forgotten, or else it's a big plot hole...

Back in Vegas, when HRG and the Haitian chase Nathan out of the hotel and he comes to a fence... the scene was in the beginning of the finale and it looks like the Haitian is inching closer, with HRG's gun pulled and Nathan just sort of shrugs and flies up and zooms across the sky.

Was there some reason the Haitian wasn't blocking Nathan's power? Or was this before we knew who/what the Haitian was and a plot hole the writers let slip by?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 07:17 
Director
Director

/rant
so ok somehow i managed to watch the entire (first) season during the past week.

and somehow i feel this was a waste of time. there's no continuity (day turns night turns day), deus ex machinae appear every five mins (which makes it hard to feel empathy for someone as there always appears something or someone which makes it better / it didnt happen / it was in the future / whatever)

and that episode in the future sucked (reminded me big time of Back2theFuture2)

I kept watching as I hoped it would get better, but I didn't feel it was fast-paced enough and now i'm surely not watching the second season (Sylar's STILL not dead ? *yawn* that's at least the third time he
escaped)

what about all those characters who disappear. Lyle, Claire's mother, the Haitian...

ok of course it's not all bad, but i feel it could have been a lot better . too much loose ends . But I guess all will be explained in future seasons.
Just without me

/end rant
:roll: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 07:51 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

dante wrote:
/rant
so ok somehow i managed to watch the entire (first) season during the past week.

and somehow i feel this was a waste of time. there's no continuity (day turns night turns day), deus ex machinae appear every five mins (which makes it hard to feel empathy for someone as there always appears something or someone which makes it better / it didnt happen / it was in the future / whatever)

and that episode in the future sucked (reminded me big time of Back2theFuture2)

I kept watching as I hoped it would get better, but I didn't feel it was fast-paced enough and now i'm surely not watching the second season (Sylar's STILL not dead ? *yawn* that's at least the third time he
escaped)

what about all those characters who disappear. Lyle, Claire's mother, the Haitian...

ok of course it's not all bad, but i feel it could have been a lot better . too much loose ends . But I guess all will be explained in future seasons.
Just without me

/end rant
:roll: :D

I also watched the whole season last week.

I liked it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 May 2007, 16:07 

I was disappointed in the finale but it still ranks somewhere between 2-5 of my favorite shows on tv.

Post subject: Re: Heroes
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2009, 14:51 
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful

i cant wait for heroes to come back after the superbowl !

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 14:42 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

Although I'm never ruling out any old part of the story being revisited, after three seasons I'm still missing the answer to this question:

Why did Nathan have to fly Peter away at the end of season 1? Flying was one of the first abilities Peter absorbed.

I know this is a show full of inconsistencies but this one is still bugging me.

He was glad to get it.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 15:51 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

Gren wrote:
Although I'm never ruling out any old part of the story being revisited, after three seasons I'm still missing the answer to this question:

Why did Nathan have to fly Peter away at the end of season 1? Flying was one of the first abilities Peter absorbed.

I know this is a show full of inconsistencies but this one is still bugging me.

Good question. So my guess here is that since Peter needed all his concentration to avoid exploding sooner, Nathan had to fly him out

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next