Guitar Hero / Rock Band

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#26 Post by JJ » 17 Jan 2008, 08:30

A² wrote:
JJ wrote:Awesome. Downloaded and played the Charlie Daniels song, which was hard.

But it inspired me to go back to Raining Blood on Medium. Got my :5stars: finally. The Jolly Roger is mine.
Devil Went Down to Georgia is insane. It doesn't get nearly enough credit for being as hard as it is (although I've spent a total of about 10 minutes reading scorehero so it's not like I really have my finger on the pulse of the guitar hero community.)
A few more minutes there wouldn't hurt. They generally rate expert versions, but that song is considered the hardest to pass in all GH games.

Check this thread.
La la la la la.

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#27 Post by » 17 Jan 2008, 16:12

JJ wrote:
A² wrote:
JJ wrote:Awesome. Downloaded and played the Charlie Daniels song, which was hard.

But it inspired me to go back to Raining Blood on Medium. Got my :5stars: finally. The Jolly Roger is mine.
Devil Went Down to Georgia is insane. It doesn't get nearly enough credit for being as hard as it is (although I've spent a total of about 10 minutes reading scorehero so it's not like I really have my finger on the pulse of the guitar hero community.)
A few more minutes there wouldn't hurt. They generally rate expert versions, but that song is considered the hardest to pass in all GH games.

Check this thread.
I know it would just take a few minutes to figure a lot of it out but every time I go there I get bogged down by all their abbreviations I don't understand.
The :) means it's all ok.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#28 Post by JJ » 17 Jan 2008, 16:56

A² wrote:
JJ wrote:
A² wrote:

Check this thread.
I know it would just take a few minutes to figure a lot of it out but every time I go there I get bogged down by all their abbreviations I don't understand.
wd; glwacoy. Yes, they've got even more than FW, but they also have a guide to figure them all out:

The comprehensive Guitar Hero acronym/abbreviation thread!
La la la la la.

#29 Post by » 18 Jan 2008, 03:31

I just beat GHII on hard!

The hardest song for me ended up being "Carry Me Home." That bitch took me about 15 tries and I must have had the most forgiving crowd in the world the time I finally made it all the way though. My best attempt up to that point was a 15% failure and all the rest were <10%.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#30 Post by JJ » 18 Jan 2008, 06:11

A² wrote:I just beat GHII on hard!

The hardest song for me ended up being "Carry Me Home." That bitch took me about 15 tries and I must have had the most forgiving crowd in the world the time I finally made it all the way though. My best attempt up to that point was a 15% failure and all the rest were <10%.
You Rock!

I'm still stuck on CMH, and have tried it probably 40 times. I've made it up to about 40% on the song, but never really gotten out of red.
La la la la la.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#31 Post by sldawgs » 18 Jan 2008, 07:53

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

#32 Post by » 19 Jan 2008, 14:53

JJ wrote:A2 -

Also, how do you hold your guitar (esp. when doing faster songs). I consistently use the "wrong" position here (scroll down from the top), and probably could improve immensely just by switching:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopi ... 41892//url
So, since checking out this "wrong" way to hold the guitar I have caught myself playing that way more and more often. Its just another bad habit keeping me from my full potential.

#33 Post by » 19 Jan 2008, 16:09

I just failed Number of the Beast at 99%! Sonofabitch!

It took me almost an hour to beat 3's & 7's and after finally surviving I beat Knights of Cydonia on my first try (of the afternoon.)

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#34 Post by JJ » 19 Jan 2008, 16:44

A² wrote:I just failed Number of the Beast at 99%! Sonofabitch!

It took me almost an hour to beat 3's & 7's and after finally surviving I beat Knights of Cydonia on my first try (of the afternoon.)
wd

Raining Blood is going to take a miracle; Number of the Beast took about ten tries (I eventually had to switch to alt-strumming, and that made it possible).

I failed on Carry Me Home at 85% two days ago. Had to leave, went back to play it today and the system's broken. So it will wait for now.
La la la la la.

Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#35 Post by Eric Draven » 19 Jan 2008, 16:44

I just got Guitar Hero 1, and played the whole thing on medium (I'm not very good), except I can't for the life of me get through Bark At The Moon. Every other song I got in one try, Bark at the Moon has taken ten tries so far and I just can't do it. I keep getting to 90-99 before failing, too.
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#36 Post by DrG » 19 Jan 2008, 16:51

I've given up on Raining Blood on easy :oops: However, I have nailed all the other songs - got 5-stars on all of them.

Trying medium, and have got as far as the video shoot before my hands hurt way too much to carry on playing. Only getting through the songs so far (most of them on the first try), but once I've practiced a hell of a lot more I'll be going back for the 5-star reviews.

Also, is it just me, but are the songs faster on medium? The fret thing seems to zoom along compared with easy.
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#37 Post by JJ » 19 Jan 2008, 17:56

Eric Draven wrote:I just got Guitar Hero 1, and played the whole thing on medium (I'm not very good), except I can't for the life of me get through Bark At The Moon. Every other song I got in one try, Bark at the Moon has taken ten tries so far and I just can't do it. I keep getting to 90-99 before failing, too.
The ending riff is awesome -- one of my favorite parts of any of the GH games. I've only completely hit it once, though. It's relentless, tiring, and if you screw up a little bit it will throw you off for a while.
La la la la la.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#38 Post by JJ » 19 Jan 2008, 18:04

DrG wrote:I've given up on Raining Blood on easy :oops: However, I have nailed all the other songs - got 5-stars on all of them.

Trying medium, and have got as far as the video shoot before my hands hurt way too much to carry on playing. Only getting through the songs so far (most of them on the first try), but once I've practiced a hell of a lot more I'll be going back for the 5-star reviews.

Also, is it just me, but are the songs faster on medium? The fret thing seems to zoom along compared with easy.
The songs aren't faster, but the fret bar is. So you can get more notes thrown at you in the same amount of time.

You're at roughly the same point I am on expert.
La la la la la.

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#39 Post by Steel Frog » 19 Jan 2008, 20:50

JJ wrote:
DrG wrote:I've given up on Raining Blood on easy :oops: However, I have nailed all the other songs - got 5-stars on all of them.

The songs aren't faster, but the fret bar is. So you can get more notes thrown at you in the same amount of time.

Can I just how much I'm diggin' that Dr. G is getting good at this? (better than I am, at least) You go, girl.

#40 Post by » 19 Jan 2008, 22:18

JJ wrote:

wd

Raining Blood is going to take a miracle; Number of the Beast took about ten tries (I eventually had to switch to alt-strumming, and that made it possible).

I failed on Carry Me Home at 85% two days ago. Had to leave, went back to play it today and the system's broken. So it will wait for now.
Raining Blood seems impossible and I keep getting around 75% through One before the audience has enough of me playing that one

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#41 Post by JJ » 19 Jan 2008, 22:36

A² wrote:
JJ wrote:

wd

Raining Blood seems impossible and I keep getting around 75% through One before the audience has enough of me playing that one
Is that the start of the first solo? Apparently, if you can get through that, the rest of the song isn't so bad.

I've made it through the initial mosh part of Raining Blood exactly once. It's supposed to be fairly easy after that, but I wasn't prepared to be there.

Just had a 459 note streak on One on medium. Man, that song is tiring.

(And I got :5stars: on Nothing for Me Here just because you had done so and pissed me off. wd)
La la la la la.

#42 Post by » 20 Jan 2008, 02:21

JJ wrote:
A² wrote:
JJ wrote:

wd

Is that the start of the first solo? Apparently, if you can get through that, the rest of the song isn't so bad.

I've made it through the initial mosh part of Raining Blood exactly once. It's supposed to be fairly easy after that, but I wasn't prepared to be there.

Just had a 459 note streak on One on medium. Man, that song is tiring.

(And I got :5stars: on Nothing for Me Here just because you had done so and pissed me off. wd)
Next try to get 5-stars on F.C.P.R.E.M.I.X. After 10 or 15 tries on that I still can't get that 5th star.

DrG
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#43 Post by DrG » 20 Jan 2008, 08:46

Steel Frog wrote:
JJ wrote:

Can I just how much I'm diggin' that Dr. G is getting good at this? (better than I am, at least) You go, girl.
ty, SF.

It's difficult to fit in GH during the week as I'm usually knackered from school, but I try squeeze in an hour or so on a couple of nights. Then when the weekend comes, I ROCK! :D
Statler: Well, how do you like the film?
Waldorf: I've seen detergents leave a better film than this.

Image Image Image

bdude
Director
Director

#44 Post by bdude » 20 Jan 2008, 16:02

I have had GH II for only five days and I already can play Sweet Child O Mine on hard and get four stars and 92 percent. I rule.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#45 Post by JJ » 20 Jan 2008, 17:56

bdude wrote:I have had GH II for only five days and I already can play Sweet Child O Mine on hard and get four stars and 92 percent. I rule.
He's a prodigy.
La la la la la.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#46 Post by JJ » 21 Jan 2008, 14:00

Oh, look. Agrajag is outscoring me on some Medium songs. Well, I know what I need to improve on.

(I hate Weezer, too.)
La la la la la.

#47 Post by » 21 Jan 2008, 17:22

JJ wrote:Oh, look. Agrajag is outscoring me on some Medium songs. Well, I know what I need to improve on.

(I hate Weezer, too.)
I had an idea the other night I was going to set the record on all the medium GHII songs but I could not beat the scores on 2 of your perfects so I gave up. It was when I gave up trying to beat your scores that I bumped up to hard and finally beat the level.

Somehow I did manage to beat one of your perfects with a 99%. Go star power.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#48 Post by JJ » 21 Jan 2008, 17:34

A² wrote:
JJ wrote:Oh, look. Agrajag is outscoring me on some Medium songs. Well, I know what I need to improve on.

(I hate Weezer, too.)
I had an idea the other night I was going to set the record on all the medium GHII songs but I could not beat the scores on 2 of your perfects so I gave up. It was when I gave up trying to beat your scores that I bumped up to hard and finally beat the level.

I think it was a "perfect" that I overstrummed at some point and lost a combo. The thing still registers it as 5 gold stars, so I kept it. I'm pretty sure the score I have posted is actually from a different run at the song.
La la la la la.

#49 Post by » 21 Jan 2008, 17:49

JJ wrote:
A² wrote:

(I hate Weezer, too.)

I think it was a "perfect" that I overstrummed at some point and lost a combo. The thing still registers it as 5 gold stars, so I kept it. I'm pretty sure the score I have posted is actually from a different run at the song.
I must have played "Strutter" 15 times and I still couldn't get within 10k points of your score.

JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

#50 Post by JJ » 21 Jan 2008, 17:54

A² wrote:
JJ wrote:
A² wrote:

(I hate Weezer, too.)

I must have played "Strutter" 15 times and I still couldn't get within 10k points of your score.
I just realized how hosed I'm getting in the GHII scores. I need my new system to arrive pronto.
La la la la la.