FilmWise Forums
It is currently 09 Dec 2018, 13:55

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: 25 Mar 2010, 23:55 
Offline
Paparazzi
Paparazzi
User avatar

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:40
Posts: 43
Location: Sweden
alan smithee wrote:
I can't remember if "Fuel" is on GH:M, but still ...

It is

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 00:31 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco
shiyou wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
I can't remember if "Fuel" is on GH:M, but still ...

It is

ty

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 26 Mar 2010, 04:47 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18772
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
alan smithee wrote:
shiyou wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
I can't remember if "Fuel" is on GH:M, but still ...

It is

ty

np

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 May 2010, 21:45 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco
GH5 (Xbox 360) $13.42 (software ONLY)

(MSRP $40)

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 May 2010, 09:55 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 09 Jul 2003, 09:58
Posts: 8226
Location: Boston
Does anyone else here like DJ Hero? Or is that one kind of the redheaded step child of the music game industry?

_________________
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 28 May 2010, 19:53 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Free DLC for World Cup (from the guy who recorded the Devil Went Down to Georgia cover for GHIII):


National Anthem Track Pack (Ouimette / Free) - June 8th

"God Save the Queen (GH Version)
"Il Canto degli Italiani (GH Version)"
"La Marseillaise (GH version)"
"Lied der Deutschen (GH version)"
"Marcha Real (GH version)"
"The Star-Spangled Banner (GH version)"

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010, 18:57 
Offline
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Posts: 14573
Location: Harlem rock city
I got GH:VH secondhand off a friend, it is pretty sweet. Only a couple songs I could reasonably foresee fc'ing, but the songs are fun and challenging with a pretty high ceiling.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2010, 19:02 
Offline
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Posts: 14573
Location: Harlem rock city
also, this is a really fun song to play that becomes impossible once you get the slightest bit tired.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Aug 2010, 11:45 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 16:50 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco
Are there any future Rock Band / Guitar Hero games announced aside from these two?

Rock Band 3 (26 Oct 10)
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (28 Sep 10)

(as well as DJ Hero 2 & DJ Hero 3D)

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 17:02 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
alan smithee wrote:
Are there any future Rock Band / Guitar Hero games announced aside from these two?

Rock Band 3 (26 Oct 10)
Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (28 Sep 10)

(as well as DJ Hero 2 & DJ Hero 3D)


I thought there was a rumored Pearl Jam game coming out, but am not sure. I've laid down my plastic axe for a while.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 09:16 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Got the new GH (Creatures of Rock). I think it's likely the best one yet, but I also think my interest in the genre may have waned a bit.

And I kept failing something that's only Tier 6 (Been Caught Stealing) until I fixed the lag (even then, I sucked at it - it's like Mama Kin, but difficult). Game seems hard, though I could just be out of practice.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 20:25 
Offline
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
User avatar

Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Posts: 14605
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
JJ wrote:
... but I also think my interest in the genre may have waned a bit. ...Game seems hard, though I could just be out of practice.

:green:
I've heard you hold tournements of a sort?
I suck (can't play higher than medium successfully), but it's fun to play. The singing is by far harder than playing though.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 21:32 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
scruluce wrote:
JJ wrote:
... but I also think my interest in the genre may have waned a bit. ...Game seems hard, though I could just be out of practice.

:green:
I've heard you hold tournements of a sort?
I suck (can't play higher than medium successfully), but it's fun to play. The singing is by far harder than playing though.


It's easy enough to "sing" on medium.

I've held gatherings, yes. Not so much tournaments.

And playing all of 2112 to unlock a guitar was pretty damn fun. wd, GH:WOR.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2010, 09:40 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 08:47
Posts: 5135
JJ wrote:
Got the new GH (Creatures of Rock). I think it's likely the best one yet, but I also think my interest in the genre may have waned a bit.

And I kept failing something that's only Tier 6 (Been Caught Stealing) until I fixed the lag (even then, I sucked at it - it's like Mama Kin, but difficult). Game seems hard, though I could just be out of practice.

:green:
I'm definitely out of practice; those combos are getting me.

_________________
Man, what is happenin'? Long time, no see.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Feb 2011, 20:14 
Offline
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
User avatar

Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Posts: 12079
Location: You know, right here
Activision Bails Out of Guitar Hero, Cancels Games

_________________
8 more months of school.....
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2011, 00:11 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco
I'm trying to find the exact popularity of the downloadable song "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)."

This link seems to make me think that it's the third-most-popular download for the Xbox 360. This link gives an approximation for PS3. I'd love exact numbers (really just the position it's in based on exact numbers) and to be sure that the only platforms that the song is available on are 360 & PS3.

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2011, 11:34 
Offline
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34677
Location: parts unknown
alan smithee wrote:
I'm trying to find the exact popularity of the downloadable song "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)."

This link seems to make me think that it's the third-most-popular download for the Xbox 360. This link gives an approximation for PS3. I'd love exact numbers (really just the position it's in based on exact numbers) and to be sure that the only platforms that the song is available on are 360 & PS3.

What's the story behind that song? I remember I downloaded it because it was free. Wasn't Stephen Colbert behind it or something?

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Mar 2011, 11:44 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco
A² wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
I'm trying to find the exact popularity of the downloadable song "Charlene (I'm Right Behind You)."

This link seems to make me think that it's the third-most-popular download for the Xbox 360. This link gives an approximation for PS3. I'd love exact numbers (really just the position it's in based on exact numbers) and to be sure that the only platforms that the song is available on are 360 & PS3.

What's the story behind that song? I remember I downloaded it because it was free. Wasn't Stephen Colbert behind it or something?

It's a classic '80s song by Stephen & the Colberts (or so Stephen claims). IIRC, in reality, it debuted on a 2006 episode of The Colbert Report. (In this 2008 clip, he mentions the song's release for Rock Band 2.)

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 19:45 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2011, 19:51 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Yeah, I saw that song hit DLC for RB. Almost made me pick up the game again. Almost.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 19:57 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
In case you were wondering (you weren't) just how good people eventually got at Guitar Hero:


_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2011, 20:22 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38513
Location: San Francisco
JJ wrote:
In case you were wondering (you weren't) just how good people eventually got at Guitar Hero:


:o

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 05:42 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49221
Location: Rocket City
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
In case you were wondering (you weren't) just how good people eventually got at Guitar Hero:


:o

Wow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 31 Aug 2011, 05:44 
Offline
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
User avatar

Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Posts: 49221
Location: Rocket City
On a side note, my 10 year-old nephew just started playing recently. It's weird hearing someone so enthusiastic about it now.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1006 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group