Pokemon GO

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29655
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Pokemon GO

#1 Post by Batman » 17 Jul 2016, 12:19

Although I'm unfamiliar with the specific Pokemon and their abilities, I do like the scavenger hunt idea of this. Any other FW Pokenerds out there?
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
Posts: 33482
Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Pokemon GO

#2 Post by Steel Frog » 17 Jul 2016, 12:21

I'm up to level 2 already!

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29655
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Pokemon GO

#3 Post by Batman » 17 Jul 2016, 12:32

Steel Frog wrote:I'm up to level 2 already!
Whoa, dude. You better check yourself before you wreck your Squirtle.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
justdrewit
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5290
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 08:47
Gender: Male

Re: Pokemon GO

#4 Post by justdrewit » 17 Jul 2016, 17:53

Yes.

But I don't make it obvious that's what I'm doing when I'm walking around.
Man, what is happenin'? Long time, no see.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29655
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Pokemon GO

#5 Post by Batman » 18 Jul 2016, 00:50

justdrewit wrote:Yes.

But I don't make it obvious that's what I'm doing when I'm walking around.
Trust me: it's obvious.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
redamin
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2403
Joined: 09 Aug 2013, 05:56

Re: Pokemon GO

#6 Post by redamin » 18 Jul 2016, 10:14

I've downloaded it and open it every once in a while. I lucked out because my office is right next to a couple Pokestops so I can just farm those while sitting at my desk. I just walked by a gym spot on my way to work and saw about a dozen people sitting around on their phones. It's crazy how fast this took off...

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35060
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Pokemon GO

#7 Post by » 18 Jul 2016, 16:56

My wife was a beta tester so I've been seeing this nuttiness first hand since May. I think it's pretty excellent the way its getting so many people off their asses and out exploring (so long as they use their heads and don't get into accidents.) I think I'm up to level 12. Go team Red!
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8461
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

Re: Pokemon GO

#8 Post by Middle » 19 Jul 2016, 05:26

Just got to level 7 myself. Have hardly been playing, but my office has two pokestops that are close enough to hit while sitting at my desk. It's crazy how many people are playing this, within a few weeks of its launch. Wonder how quickly this dies down, though.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34513
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Pokemon GO

#9 Post by sldawgs » 19 Jul 2016, 07:57

Almost to level 5, so I haven't been in the gyms yet (story of my life). Saw a trick before I started so I started out with a Pikachu. There is a Pokestop in the park next door to my apartments.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
justdrewit
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5290
Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 08:47
Gender: Male

Re: Pokemon GO

#10 Post by justdrewit » 19 Jul 2016, 08:57

Level 9, also have a couple pokestops next to the office. Haven't been to the gyms yet. My roommate and I have been going on Saturday afternoon drives to see what we can find. Perfecting the pokestop drive by.

I was getting frustrated that all I see is Pidgeys and Rattatas in my neighborhood. And then I went for a run and realized that squirrels, chipmunks, and birds are all that live in my neighborhood. How the hell did they know that?
Man, what is happenin'? Long time, no see.

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Pokemon GO

#11 Post by You Know, for Kids » 20 Jul 2016, 06:33

A² wrote:My wife was a beta tester so I've been seeing this nuttiness first hand since May. I think it's pretty excellent the way its getting so many people off their asses and out exploring (so long as they use their heads and don't get into accidents.) I think I'm up to level 12. Go team Red!
OK, so I've heard (and so I have been regurgitating) that this is Ingress repackaged, and that all of the Ingress portals are Pokestops or whatever the hell they are called. Is that somewhat accurate or do I need to stop?

I have zero interest in Pokemon, but still geocache regularly and play Ingress on occasion... and I know all of these people are looking at me thinking I'm playing Pokemon Go.

In fact, on our road trip this year, in Mississippi, we broke up a driving leg on the trip by going to see a giant rocking chair in Gulfport. There was already a car there parked in front when we got there but they were back in their car so we gfot out and took our selfie in front of this 3 story chair. We went back to our car and as we were pulling out they came over to us (TWSS) and asked if we were playing Pokemon Go. "No you fucking idiots - we were taking pictures in front of this giant fucking chair! Open your eyes!" is what I should have said. Instead we said sorry, no and drove onward.

In Tupelo, in a park near Elvis' birthplace, there were hordes of people playing as well.

I'm all about encouraging our youth (and adults) to get out and move more, but at least absorb *some* of what is actually in the places you are PokeGoing.




*PokeGoing TM and copyright YKFK Enterprises 2016. All rights reserved.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29031
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

Re: Pokemon GO

#12 Post by JJ » 20 Jul 2016, 14:10

Level 21...

Go team Mystic, and stuff.
La la la la la.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15187
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Pokemon GO

#13 Post by Scruluce » 23 Jul 2016, 21:07

You Know, for Kids wrote:
A² wrote:My wife was a beta tester so I've been seeing this nuttiness first hand since May. I think it's pretty excellent the way its getting so many people off their asses and out exploring (so long as they use their heads and don't get into accidents.) I think I'm up to level 12. Go team Red!
OK, so I've heard (and so I have been regurgitating) that this is Ingress repackaged, and that all of the Ingress portals are Pokestops or whatever the hell they are called. Is that somewhat accurate or do I need to stop?

I have zero interest in Pokemon, but still geocache regularly and play Ingress on occasion... and I know all of these people are looking at me thinking I'm playing Pokemon Go.

In fact, on our road trip this year, in Mississippi, we broke up a driving leg on the trip by going to see a giant rocking chair in Gulfport. There was already a car there parked in front when we got there but they were back in their car so we gfot out and took our selfie in front of this 3 story chair. We went back to our car and as we were pulling out they came over to us (TWSS) and asked if we were playing Pokemon Go. "No you fucking idiots - we were taking pictures in front of this giant fucking chair! Open your eyes!" is what I should have said. Instead we said sorry, no and drove onward.

In Tupelo, in a park near Elvis' birthplace, there were hordes of people playing as well.

I'm all about encouraging our youth (and adults) to get out and move more, but at least absorb *some* of what is actually in the places you are PokeGoing.




*PokeGoing TM and copyright YKFK Enterprises 2016. All rights reserved.
wd on the copyright.

It sure seems like Ingress repackaged, doesn't it? It's a Niantic/Nintendo hybrid property. There are 3 teams, instead of 2. The one difference is the addition of gyms, which would otherwise be another portal in Ingress. I am not playing Ingress any longer, and have no intention of downloading Pokemon Go. I don't recall being so completely oblivious of my surroundings while playing Ingress, but there are so many reported instances of casualties in the line of game play with Pokemon Go. It's really rather ridiculous.
...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34513
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Pokemon GO

#14 Post by sldawgs » 24 Jul 2016, 02:45

Scruluce wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
A² wrote:My wife was a beta tester so I've been seeing this nuttiness first hand since May. I think it's pretty excellent the way its getting so many people off their asses and out exploring (so long as they use their heads and don't get into accidents.) I think I'm up to level 12. Go team Red!
OK, so I've heard (and so I have been regurgitating) that this is Ingress repackaged, and that all of the Ingress portals are Pokestops or whatever the hell they are called. Is that somewhat accurate or do I need to stop?

I have zero interest in Pokemon, but still geocache regularly and play Ingress on occasion... and I know all of these people are looking at me thinking I'm playing Pokemon Go.

In fact, on our road trip this year, in Mississippi, we broke up a driving leg on the trip by going to see a giant rocking chair in Gulfport. There was already a car there parked in front when we got there but they were back in their car so we gfot out and took our selfie in front of this 3 story chair. We went back to our car and as we were pulling out they came over to us (TWSS) and asked if we were playing Pokemon Go. "No you fucking idiots - we were taking pictures in front of this giant fucking chair! Open your eyes!" is what I should have said. Instead we said sorry, no and drove onward.

In Tupelo, in a park near Elvis' birthplace, there were hordes of people playing as well.

I'm all about encouraging our youth (and adults) to get out and move more, but at least absorb *some* of what is actually in the places you are PokeGoing.




*PokeGoing TM and copyright YKFK Enterprises 2016. All rights reserved.
wd on the copyright.

It sure seems like Ingress repackaged, doesn't it? It's a Niantic/Nintendo hybrid property. There are 3 teams, instead of 2. The one difference is the addition of gyms, which would otherwise be another portal in Ingress. I am not playing Ingress any longer, and have no intention of downloading Pokemon Go. I don't recall being so completely oblivious of my surroundings while playing Ingress, but there are so many reported instances of casualties in the line of game play with Pokemon Go. It's really rather ridiculous.
The Ingress crowd was more of an adventurous crowd and as such, I think they were more aware. Pokemon Go caterers to a wider audience and so includes younger, more oblivious players as well as straight up idiots that know Pokemon from their childhood and aren't as concerned with safety.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29655
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Pokemon GO

#15 Post by Batman » 17 Feb 2017, 03:54

They just dropped a shedload more Pokémon types out there. And by shedload, I mean shit-load.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29655
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Pokemon GO

#16 Post by Batman » 27 Jun 2018, 22:09

Anybody else still playing this? They’ve got some new deal where you need to have “friends”. As I’m still on vacation until tomorrow I really haven’t looked into it. Can anyone enlighten me? As you can tell, I prefer FilmWise to Google.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Pokemon GO

#17 Post by You Know, for Kids » 28 Jun 2018, 05:25

Batman wrote:Anybody else still playing this? They’ve got some new deal where you need to have “friends”. As I’m still on vacation until tomorrow I really haven’t looked into it. Can anyone enlighten me? As you can tell, I prefer FilmWise to Google.
You now can make friends.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8963
Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Gender: Male
Location: Westchester, NY

Re: Pokemon GO

#18 Post by You Know, for Kids » 28 Jun 2018, 05:31

ok, maybe a little more detail is in order...

You can now get "gifts" from pokestops (max 5 in inventory, max 20 per day). These gifts can *only* be sent to friends and opened by them. As they open more and send you gifts to open, your friendship level grows. The gifts contain a general assortment of items, but if you have an egg spot available, they may contain special eggs as well.

If you are in close proximity to a friend, you can trade with them. There are restrictions (no trading mythical pokemon, pokemon can only be traded once) and each trade costs stardust. Quite a lot of stardust if the recipient doesn't have the pokemon in their pokedex yet.

Friends can work together better in raids and other semi-useful stuff like that too.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29655
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Pokemon GO

#19 Post by Batman » 04 Jul 2018, 02:33

If anyone is interested in befriending me on this, my code is 1313 5437 7289.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: Pokemon GO

#20 Post by Sela » 04 Jul 2018, 13:43

Batman wrote:If anyone is interested in befriending me on this, my code is 1313 5437 7289.
I’ll be sending you a request soon :)
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Posts: 29655
Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: Gotham's seedier side

Re: Pokemon GO

#21 Post by Batman » 08 Mar 2019, 07:54

Does anyone play the Pokémon: Let's Go games on Switch? If so, is there any way of getting a Mystery Box for Pokémon Go if you don't play it?
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image

User avatar
knarf
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
Posts: 50212
Joined: 14 Apr 2002, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: Rocket City

Re: Pokemon GO

#22 Post by knarf » 08 Mar 2019, 10:06

Image
"Hold on to your butts."

Image

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34513
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Pokemon GO

#23 Post by sldawgs » 08 Mar 2019, 10:28

knarf wrote:Image
Awesome!
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

Post Reply