FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 17:49

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 06 Jan 2009, 22:06 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Nunis wrote:
Ah, that's better.

Btw, I did some actual work on this on my free day yesterday, so I won't be enjoying that sandwich much longer.

As long as you are between 2 points and 43 you will be enjoying it. ;) It will be my mission and stuff.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009, 22:26 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Updated Scoreboard

Nunis - 203
Buckykatt - 169
Sunshine Dee - 143
BubbyChubs - 116
A² - 82
Sela5 - 69
Agrajag - 43
sldawgs - 10
Batman - 2
Steel Frog - 2
bratzks - 1

And we have a new leader! So now, all the ladies are on top. You've got 2 more days to submit guesses. Anyone can join in the fun!

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009, 22:28 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Updated Scoreboard

Nunis - 203
Buckykatt - 169
Sunshine Dee - 143
BubbyChubs - 116
A² - 82
Sela5 - 69
Agrajag - 43
sldawgs - 10
Batman - 2
Steel Frog - 2
bratzks - 1

And we have a new leader! So now, all the ladies are on top. You've got 2 more days to submit guesses. Anyone can join in the fun!

And I'm the lucky Pierre of Sela and Bubby

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 01:44 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Woohoo. I'm gonna enjoy this, at least until smithee submits his entry.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 21:26 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Updated Scoreboard

Nunis - 203
Buckykatt - 169
knarf - 163
Sunshine Dee - 143
BubbyChubs - 116
A² - 82
Sela5 - 69
alan smithee - 58
Agrajag - 43
sldawgs - 10
Batman - 2
Steel Frog - 2
bratzks - 1

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 21:32 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Nunis wrote:
Woohoo. I'm gonna enjoy this, at least until smithee submits his entry.

You're still in the lead so far. smithee only submitted answers for the cover art section. And I bet that last one is eating away at him. :twisted: :tongue:

Reminder: the deadline is tomorrow (Friday)

Any time tomorrow is fine. I'll wait until Saturday to post results and answers.

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 08 Jan 2009, 21:34, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 21:34 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Updated Scoreboard

Nunis - 203
Buckykatt - 169
knarf - 163
Sunshine Dee - 143
BubbyChubs - 116
A² - 82
Sela5 - 69
alan smithee - 58
Agrajag - 43
sldawgs - 10
Batman - 2
Steel Frog - 2
bratzks - 1

Well, hello ladies....

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 21:35 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

knarf wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Updated Scoreboard

Nunis - 203
Buckykatt - 169
knarf - 163
Sunshine Dee - 143
BubbyChubs - 116
A² - 82
Sela5 - 69
alan smithee - 58
Agrajag - 43
sldawgs - 10
Batman - 2
Steel Frog - 2
bratzks - 1

Well, hello ladies....

Yeah, if Bucky doesn't exist, you still score The Nunis. Well played, sir.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2009, 21:35 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

knarf wrote:
Well, hello ladies....

Lucky bastard

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2009, 00:16 

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
smithee only submitted answers for the cover art section. And I bet that last one is eating away at him. :twisted: :tongue:

Image A little bit -- a little bit.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 09:50 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sorry for the last-minute entry... but the boards went down last night

I'm sure I'll be kicking myself for missing some of those album covers

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 12:13 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
Like your mom

No worries. Was anyone else affected by the forum crash? If so, let me know. I'll hold off on posting answers and scores for a little while longer just in case.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 12:17 

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Like your mom

No worries. Was anyone else affected by the forum crash? If so, let me know. I'll hold off on posting answers and scores for a little while longer just in case.

I submitted an entry in which every answer was correct. I can't substantiate this, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 13:02 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

A² wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Like your mom

I submitted an entry in which every answer was correct. I can't substantiate this, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

I couldn't get them all correct but I got enough to put me in between Nunis and Bucky. Honest Injun. 8)

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 16:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Shite - I knew there was something I had to do.

Is it too late? I can type quickly and stuff, and I've only answered about 40 of them.

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 16:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

DrG wrote:

Is it too late? I can type quickly and stuff, and I've only answered about 40 of them.

Oh, alright. Send 'em in.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 16:31 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
DrG wrote:

Oh, alright. Send 'em in.

You're a star! :D

Image Image Image

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 21:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Section 1

Lyric - Song - Artist
1. I tripped on a cloud and fell eight miles high, I tore my mind on a jagged sky - Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In) - The First Edition
2. Moon appears to shine and light the sky with the help of some fireflies - Baby, I Love Your Way - Peter Frampton
3. Like painted kites, those days and nights, they went flyin’ by - Summer Wind - Frank Sinatra
4. You got me sprung and I don't care who sees - Crazy in Love - Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z
5. Feelin' all alone without a friend, you know you feel like dyin' - I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick
6. She says her love for me could never die, but that'd change if she ever found out about you and I - Run to You - Bryan Adams
7. Something's wrong, shut the light, heavy thoughts tonight, and they aren't of Snow White - Enter Sandman - Metallica
8. In the cool of the evening when everything is getting kinda groovy, I call you up and ask you if you'd like to go with me and see a movie - Spooky - Classics IV
9. He tells me in his bedroom voice, "come on, honey, let's go make some noise" - Manic Monday - The Bangles
10. My mama used to dance for the money they'd throw - Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves - Cher
11. So by keeping her heart protected, she'd never ever feel rejected - Miss Independent - Kelly Clarkson
12. Te quiero mucho, baby, te quiero mucho - I Adore Mi Amor - Color Me Badd
13. Somebody's Heine' is crowdin' my icebox, somebody's cold one is givin' me chills - Say It Ain't So - Weezer
14. My morals got me on my knees, I'm begging please, stop playing games - Mercy - Duffy
15. I thought that dreams belonged to other men, 'cause each time I got close they'd fall apart again - Almost Paradise - Ann Wilson & Mike Reno
16. I'm a woman in love and I love what's goin' through me - (You're) Having My Baby - Paul Anka With Odia Coates
17. Romeo and Juliet are together in eternity - (Don't Fear) The Reaper - Blue Öyster Cult
18. Though I'm dressed in these rags, I'll wear sable some day - It's My Life - The Animals
19. The sun is up, the sky is blue, it's beautiful, and so are you - Dear Prudence - The Beatles
20. I want a doctor to take your picture so I can look at you from inside as well - Turning Japanese - The Vapors
21. You could be my guiding light, shining on the vinyl bright - Blow It Out - The Features
22. My kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder - Lover, You Should Have Come Over - Jeff Buckley
23. She was a be-bop baby on a hard day's night. She was hangin' on Johnny, he was holdin' on tight. - And We Danced - The Hooters
24. I'm gonna show you, baby, that a woman can be tough - Piece of My Heart - Big Brother & the Holding Company
25. Revving up your engine, listen to her howling roar - Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
26. We count our feelings in yesterdays - Clutch - Shea Seger
27. I'm 'a get mine so get yours, I wanna see sweat comin' out your pores - Good Vibrations - Marky Mark & the Funky Bunch
28. What would you do if my heart was torn in two? - More Than Words - Extreme
29. Mr. Green, he's so serene, he's got a TV in every room - Pleasant Valley Sunday - The Monkees
30. There's a killer on the road, his brain is squirming like a toad - Riders on the Storm - The Doors
31. I'm sorry but I'm just thinking of the right words to say - The Promise - When in Rome
32. Bend me, break me, anyway you need me, all I want is you - I Think I'm Paranoid - Garbage
33. I know what Bo don’t know - Here Comes the Hotstepper - Ini Kamoze
34. Broken glass, broke and hungry, broken hearts, and broken bones - The Old Apartment - Barenaked Ladies
35. Now I'm as smooth as a chocolate swirl, I dance a little funky so watch me, girl - The Super Bowl Shuffle - Chicago Bears Shufflin' Crew
36. With the dark, oh I see so very clearly now, all my fears are drifting by me so slowly now, fading away - Follow You Follow Me - Genesis
37. Walking through town is quite scary and not very sensible either - I Predict A Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
38. See the tree how big it's grown, but friend, it hasn't been too long it wasn't big - Honey - Bobby Goldsboro
39. You got to lose to know how to win - Dream On - Aerosmith
40. Your first kiss was a sweet kiss, second kiss had a twist, third and your fourth kiss I don’t want to miss - You Got It (The Right Stuff) - New Kids on the Block
41. All the dreams we held so close seemed to all go up in smoke - Angie - The Rolling Stones
42. One pair of candy lips and your bubblegum tongue - Your Body Is a Wonderland - John Mayer
43. Your hands build me up when I'm sinking - Lady - Styx
44. When I’m in the shower I’m afraid to wash my hair - Somebody's Watching Me - Rockwell
45. We might be lovers if the rhythm’s right - Into the Groove - Madonna
46. I sailed away to China in a little rowboat to find ya and you said you had to get your laundry clean - Break My Stride - Matthew Wilder
47. Spare a little candle; save some light for me - These Dreams - Heart
48. I'll duck and cover with my Yuletide lover underneath the mistletoe - Christmas At Ground Zero - Weird Al Yankovic
49. I wish the world was flat like the old days, then I could travel just by folding a map - The New Year - Death Cab for Cutie
50. I guess I can fill a book with things that I don't know about you, baby - Lies - McFly
51. He said, "Son, when you grow up, would you be the savior of the broken, the beaten and the damned?" - Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
52. I'm in the hi-fidelity first class traveling set - Money - Pink Floyd
53. Now that I have found someone, I'm feeling more alone than I ever have before - Brick - Ben Folds Five
54. She's got a wall around her nobody can climb. She lets her ladder down for those who really shine. - My Sister - The Juliana Hatfield Three
55. Right now, he's probably buying her some fruity little drink 'cause she can't shoot whiskey - Before He Cheats - Carrie Underwood
56. If there's a camera up in here then I'd best not catch this flick on YouTube - Touch My Body - Mariah Carey
57. But it was Saturday night, I guess that makes it all right - Little Red Corvette - Prince
58. What've I gotta do to make you love me, what've I gotta do to make you care - Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word - Elton John
59. I'm all I want to be, a walking study in demonology - Celebrity Skin - Hole
60. Blew a kiss and tried to take it home - Vasoline - Stone Temple Pilots
61. Something 'bout you right here beside me touches the touched part of me like I can't believe - Mad About You - Belinda Carlisle
62. But you can wake up younger under the knife, and you can wake up sounder if you get analyzed - Rise Up with Fists!! - Jenny Lewis with the Watson Twins
63. I don't know karate, but I know ca-razy - The Payback - James Brown
64. Dont need no hateration, holleratin'
 in this dancery - Family Affair - Mary J. Blige
65. This love we're contemplating is worth the pain of waiting - Love Child - Diana Ross & the Supremes
66. We are obscene, lawless, hideous, dangerous, dirty, violent, and young - We Can Be Together - Jefferson Airplane
67. First I'm gonna make it, then I'm gonna break it till it falls apart - Bring on the Dancing Horses - Echo & the Bunnymen
68. The heat was hot and the ground was dry, but the air was full of sound - A Horse With No Name - America
69. It's strange what desire will make foolish people do - Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
70. Am I a part of the cure or am I part of the disease? - Clocks - Coldplay
71. I found myself phoning her at least ten times a day - Too Late To Turn Back Now - Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose
72. Mama's on the front porch screamin' out her warning, “girl, you better get your red head back in bed before the morning” - Ain't Going Down (Til the Sun Comes Up) - Garth Brooks
73. A lot of nice things turn bad out there - Wild World - Cat Stevens
74. I keep my visions to myself - Dreams - Fleetwood Mac
75. One more job oughta get it, one last shot 'fore we quit it, one more for the road - Lido Shuffle - Boz Scaggs
76. We'll take it nice and easy and use my simple plan – you'll be my lovin' woman, I'll be your lovin' man - Let's Live for Today - The Grass Roots
77. I got a car full of girls and it's going real swell, the next stop is the Eastside Motel - Regulate - Warren G
78. You left me standing there like a tree growing all alone, the wind just stripped me bare, stripped me bare - Time - Hootie & the Blowfish
79. Forgive -- sounds good; forget -- I'm not sure I could - Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
80. I could never see tomorrow, but I was never told about the sorrow - How Can You Mend a Broken Heart - Bee Gees
81. You led me to believe you're old enough to give me love, and now it hurts to know the truth - Young Girl - Gary Puckett & the Union Gap
82. Oh such grace, oh such beauty, so precious, suspicious, and charming and vicious - A Million Ways - OK Go
83. If I could choose a place to die, it would be in your arms - Bell Bottom Blues - Derek & the Dominos
84. I guess I just lost my husband, I don't know where he went - So What - Pink
85. There ain’t no good guy, there ain’t no bad guy - We Just Disagree - Dave Mason
86. If I can't be your one and only man, well I'm going to your dad and give him back your hand - Steppin' Out - Paul Revere & the Raiders
87. Somewhere there's speaking – it's already coming in; oh, and it's rising at the back of your mind - Everything You Want - Vertical Horizon
88. Don't tell me you're sorry 'cause you're not, baby, when I know you're only sorry you got caught - Take a Bow - Rihanna
89. You float like a feather in a beautiful world - Creep - Radiohead
90. Don't be a hard rock when you really are a gem - Doo Wop (That Thing) - Lauryn Hill
91. Oceans apart day after day, and I slowly go insane - Right Here Waiting - Richard Marx
92. How can it be that we can say so much without words? - It Must Be Love - Madness
93. My heart's in overdrive and you're behind the steering wheel - I Believe in a Thing Called Love - The Darkness
94. Everybody said it was a shame 'cause her mama was workin' on a chain gang - Polk Salad Annie - Tony Joe White
95. Show me where to look, tell me what will I find - Shine - Collective Soul
96. She'll give you every penny's worth, but it will cost you a dollar first - She's a Beauty - The Tubes
97. If I swallow anything evil, put your finger down my throat - Behind Blue Eyes - The Who
98. Her body measurements are perfect in every dimension - She's a Bad Mama Jama (She's Built, She's Stacked) - Carl Carlton
99. You'll probably be surprised, for it's a land unknown to man where fantasy is fact - Journey to the Center of the Mind - The Amboy Dukes
100. I can't get enough of you, baby, can you get enough of me? - I Was Made for Lovin' You - Kiss
101. Seems nothing ever changes, we're back to being strangers - Just Once - Quincy Jones featuring James Ingram
102. This little squirrel I used to be slammed her bike down the stairs - Feed the Tree - Belly
103. Usually it's too late when you realize what you had - Hold on Loosely - .38 Special
104. You say your love is bonafide, but that don't coincide with the things that you do - Cruel to be Kind - Nick Lowe
105. When he finally came back, his hair had turned from black into bright white - Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm - Crash Test Dummies
106. I set out to get you with a fine-tooth comb - Islands in the Stream - Kenny Rogers & Dolly Parton
107. Many times I've tried to tell you, many times I've cried alone - We Belong - Pat Benatar
108. Passing the dutchie from coast to coast - Where It's At - Beck
109. No one's gonna drag you up to get into the light where you belong - The Sign - Ace of Base
110. There'll be none of him no more, I cry for you on the kitchen floor - You Know I'm No Good - Amy Winehouse
111. I'm walking around with my head hanging down. Tell me, where is she. - Silver, Blue & Gold - Bad Company
112. Like a moth to a flame burned by the fire, my love is blind, can't you see my desire? - That's the Way Love Goes - Janet Jackson
113. Someday, yeah, we'll walk in the rays of a beautiful sun. Someday when the world is much brighter. - O-o-h Child - The Five Stairsteps
114. I hope them cigarettes are gonna make you cough. I hope you hear this song and it pisses you off. - Little Miss Can't Be Wrong - Spin Doctors
115. You think this story's over, but it's ready to begin - Paul Revere - Beastie Boys
116. Melinda was mine 'til the time that I found her holding Jim, loving him - Solitary Man - NeiI Diamond
117. What about the night makes you change, oh, from sweet to deranged? - 10 A.M. Automatic - The Black Keys
118. I guess I'll never see the light, I get the blues most every night - Since I Fell for You - Lenny Welch
119. I'm seeing a tunnel at the end of all these lights - Why Does It Always Rain on Me? - Travis
120. A Salvation Army band played and the children drunk lemonade and the morning lasted all day - Life in a Northern Town - Dream Academy
121. She don't eat meat, but she sure like the bone - New Age Girl - Deadeye Dick
122. All alone at the end of the evening and the bright lights have faded to blue - Take It to the Limit - Eagles
123. If I could fly like birds on high then straight to her arms I'd go sailin' - Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darin
124. I've got a roll of coins, I'm aiming for your loins, and I will never stop - Wrestlers - Hot Chip
125. Every freckle on my face is where it's supposed to be - Video - India.Arie
126. So if you really love Christmas, come on and let it snow - Christmas Is All Around - Billy Mack
127. You keep lyin' when you oughta be truthin' - These Boots Are Made for Walkin' - Nancy Sinatra
128. When my soul was in the lost and found, you came along to claim it - A Natural Woman (You Make Me Feel Like) - Aretha Franklin
129. Think I need a devil to help me get things right - Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
130. Oh, I hear her voice as the cold winds blow, in the sweet music on my radio - Have You Seen Her - The Chi-Lites
131. You say love is a hell you cannot bear, and I say gimme mine back and then go there for all I care - Sleep to Dream - Fiona Apple
132. I'm sleeping and right in the middle of a good dream like all at once I wake up from something that keeps knocking at my brain - I Think I Love You - The Partridge Family
133. I got so brave, drink in hand, lost my discretion - I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry
134. Getting born in the state of Mississippi, papa was a copper and mama was a hippie - Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
135. I smoke old stogies I have found – short, but not too big around - King of the Road - Roger Miller
136. Traveling twice the speed of sound, it's easy to get burned - Just a Song Before I Go - Crosby, Stills & Nash
137. If you can't forgive the past I'll understand that, can't understand why I did this to you - Pray - Take That
138. She loved me so long and she loved me so hard, I finally passed out in her front yard - Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love) - The Swingin' Medallions
139. It's no better to be safe than sorry - Take on Me - a-ha
140. Poison is the wind that blows from the north and south and east - Mercy Mercy Me (The Ecology) - Marvin Gaye
141. Darling, look both ways before you cross me, you're headin' for a danger zone - The Love You Save - The Jackson 5
142. I keep a journal of memories, I'm feeling lonely, I can't breathe - Fall to Pieces - Velvet Revolver
143. Tambourines and elephants are playing in the band - Lookin' Out My Back Door - Creedence Clearwater Revival
144. Remember all the songs you sang for me when we went sailing on an emerald bay - Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) - Billy Joel
145. I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut to move your butt to the dance floor - Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now) - C+C Music Factory
146. Always thought I was someone; turned out I was wrong - Blue - The Jayhawks
147. Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet - Birdhouse in Your Soul - They Might Be Giants
148. I was born in the back seat of a Greyhound bus rolling down highway 41 - Ramblin' Man - The Allman Brothers Band
149. Rollin' at sea, adrift on the water. Could it be finally I'm turning for home? - You Light Up My Life - Debby Boone
150. So I reach for my 40 and I turn it up, designated driver take the keys to my truck - This Is How We Do It - Montell Jordan
151. The preacher asked her and she said, "I do." The preacher asked me, and she said "yes, he does, too." - She's No Lady - Lyle Lovett
152. We are what we eat. You're my kind of meat. - I Eat Cannibals - Total Coelo
153. It's the same every night when I turn off the light and I'm hugging my pillow instead of you - Especially For You - The Smithereens
154. You've got the teeth of the Hydra upon you - Bang a Gong (Get It On) - T. Rex
155. Roll me in designer sheets, I'll never get enough - Call Me - Blondie
156. You'll have me suicidal, suicidal when you say it's over - Beautiful Girls - Sean Kingston
157. She wants to return those things I bought her. Tell her she can keep them just the same. - Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter - Herman's Hermits
158. your friends are sorry for me, they watch you pretend to adore me - My Favorite Mistake - Sheryl Crow
159. Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind - I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
160. Hey, buddy, don't you be no square. If you can't find a partner use a wooden chair. - Jailhouse Rock - Elvis Presley
161. You said you love me, and that's a fact. Then you left me, said you felt trapped. - Train in Vain (Stand by Me) - The Clash
162. You ripple like a river when I touch you - Miracles - Jefferson Starship
163. You can take me to hell and back just as long as we're together - Freedom - Wham!
164. I'm not hiding the remedy to cure this old heart of mine - I Can Dream About You - Dan Hartman
165. I could see you home with me, but you were with another man - Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
166. She's, like, so whatever, and you could do so much better - Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne
167. You're old enough to kill, but not for votin' - Eve of Destruction - Barry McGuire
168. So we laughed, compared notes, we had a drink, we had a smoke, she took off her overcoat - I Kissed a Girl - Jill Sobule
169. My heart is drenched in wine, you'll be on my mind forever - Don't Know Why - Norah Jones
170. Cecil gives me coffee and he won't never take my coin - Danny's All-Star Joint - Rickie Lee Jones
171. Whenever you see me you say that you want me back, and I tell you it don't mean jack - Smile - Lily Allen
172. I hear your mother was the talk of the sticks - Lucretia MacEvil - Blood, Sweat & Tears
173. Through the clouds I see love shine, it keeps me warm as life grows colder - I Want to Know What Love Is - Foreigner
174. I can still recall the wheat fields of Saint Paul and the morning we got caught robbing from an old hen - Me and You and a Dog Named Boo - Lobo
175. Drink all day 'cause the country's at war - Kingdom of Doom - The Good, the Bad & the Queen
176. Four pounds of back bacon, three French toast, two turtlenecks, and a beer in a tree - Twelve Days of Christmas - Bob & Doug McKenzie
177. Maybe if we think and wish and hope and pray it might come true - Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys
178. I am just a poor boy, though my story's seldom told - The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel
179. Bedsitter people look back and lament, another day's useless energy spent - Nights in White Satin - The Moody Blues
180. The flowers, in their gloom, have just refused to bloom - Naturally - Huey Lewis & the News
181. Life is perfect, never better, distance making the heart grow fond - Mother Mother - Tracy Bonham
182. Then – we were young and strong; now – everything is wrong - Time Capsule - Matthew Sweet
183. I'm beginning to think that man has never found the words that could make you want me - Cherish - The Association
184. I met her on Monday, ‘twas my lucky bun day - Big Bottom - Spinal Tap
185. Hello, hello, this is Romeo calling from a jackpot telephone - No Souvenirs - Melissa Etheridge
186. I want a brand new house on an episode of Cribs and a bathroom I can play baseball in - Rockstar - Nickelback
187. If God was here, he'd tell you to your face, man, you're some kind of sinner - Signs - Five Man Electrical Band
188. I'm really still in prison, and my love she holds the key - Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'Round the Ole Oak Tree - Dawn Featuring Tony Orlando
189. Once is never enough with a man like you - Do That To Me One More Time - Captain & Tennille
190. Every whisper of every waking hour I'm choosing my confessions - Losing My Religion - R.E.M.
191. Am I happy or in misery? Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me. - Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
192. Times are gone for honest men and sometimes far too long for snakes - Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
193. I said, “Why you up in there dancin' for cash?” I guess a whole lots changed since I seen you last. - What Would You Do - City High
194. Coast to coast, LA to Chicago - Smooth Operator - Sade
195. I get so lost sometimes; days pass and this emptiness fills my heart - In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel
196. They took all the trees, put 'em in a tree museum - Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell
197. You don't love me, it's plain. I should know I'll never wear your ring. - Sweet Dreams - Patsy Cline
198. You're a teaser, you turn 'em on. Leave 'em burning and then you're gone. - Dancing Queen - ABBA
199. In a country where they turn back time, you go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre contemplating a crime - Year of the Cat - Al Stewart
200. On the day that you were born the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true - (They Long to Be) Close to You - The Carpenters
201. She gives him loving that his body can't handle, but all he can say is "baby is good to me" - Waterfalls - TLC
202. I know it's a shame, but I'm giving you back your name - Sail On - Commodores
203. My name is Michael, I've got a nickel, I've got a nickel shiny and new - Playground In My Mind - Clint Holmes
204. Some kind of alien waits for the opening - Love Walks In - Van Halen
205. Well now pride's gone out the window, cross the rooftops, run away - Ordinary World - Duran Duran
206. There's lots of room for him in our two-car garage. I'd feed him there and wash him there and give him his massage. - I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Gayla Peevey
207. There goes a dogfish chased by a catfish - Rock Lobster - The B-52's
208. You were never really real to begin with, I just made you up to hurt myself - Only - Nine Inch Nails
209. Only ring your celly when I'm feelin' lonely, when it's all over please get up and leave - Independent Women, Pt. 1 - Destiny's Child
210. Did we expect these things to change by waking up and suddenly there they are? - Whatever I Fear - Toad the Wet Sprocket
211. Sleepless long nights, that was what my youth was for - 1234 - Feist
212. Look me in the eye and tell me you don't find me attractive. Look me in the heart and tell me you won't go. - Where Does the Good Go - Tegan and Sara
213. You know my papa disapproved it, my mama boohooed it - I Was Made to Love Her - Stevie Wonder
214. Try to be best ‘cause you’re only a man and a man’s gotta learn to take it - You're the Best - Joe Esposito
215. Beyond the Palace, hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard - Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
216. I hear the drums echoing tonight but she hears only whispers of some quiet conversation - Africa - Toto
217. I'll let you whip me if I misbehave - Sexyback - Justin Timberlake
218. Thinking 'bout a life of crime, that's what I'll have to do to keep me away from you - Queen of Hearts - Juice Newton
219. The sun in your eyes made some of the lies worth believing - Eye in the Sky - The Alan Parsons Project
220. Just need a little brain salad surgery, got to cure my insecurity - Right Place, Wrong Time - Dr. John

Section 2 - by bing

01-05ImageImageImageImageImage
Album - Artist
1. The Blueprint – Jay-Z
2. The Reminder – Feist
3. Fresh – Sly and the Family Stone
4. Neon Bible – Arcade Fire
5. Eldorado – Electric Light Orchestra

06-10ImageImageImageImageImage
6. Wish You Were Here – Pink Floyd
7. Pinkerton – Weezer
8. Master of Puppets – Metallica
9. In Utero – Nirvana
10. Be Here Now – Oasis

11-15ImageImageImageImageImage
11. Siamese Dreams – Smashing Pumpkins
12. The Velvet Underground & Nico – The Velvet Underground
13. Tha Carter III – Lil Wayne
14. Entertainment! – Gang of Four
15. One Step Beyond – Madness

16-20ImageImageImageImageImage
16. The B-52's – The B-52's
17. Hannah Montana – Hannah Montana
18. Queen II – Queen
19. Rumours – Fleetwood Mac
20. Faith – George Michael

21-25ImageImageImageImageImage
21. The Chronic – Dr. Dre
22. Thriller – Michael Jackson
23. Ege Bamyasi – Can
24. Aaliyah – Aaliyah
25. Unplugged – Eric Clapton

26-30ImageImageImageImageImage
26. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots – The Flaming Lips
27. Chronicle, Vol. 1 – Creedence Clearwater Revival
28. Tragic Kingdom – No Doubt
29. Automatic for the People – R.E.M.
30. Illmatic – Nas

Scoreboard

Nunis - 203
Buckykatt – 198
Agrajag - 164
knarf - 163
Sunshine Dee - 143
BubbyChubs - 116
Mazer - 93
A² – 82
DrG - 80
Sela5 - 69
alan smithee – 58
Philip – 52
Batman – 42
sldawgs - 10
Steel Frog - 2
bratzks – 1

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 14 Jan 2009, 22:39, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 21:31 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

In case anyone's curious, here are the rankings by section:

Section 1:
Buckykatt – 186
Nunis - 173
Agrajag – 150
knarf – 143
Sunshine Dee - 135
BubbyChubs - 98
Mazer - 81
A² – 62
DrG – 57
Sela5 – 31
sldawgs - 10
Batman – 2
bratzks - 1
alan smithee – 0
Philip – 0
Steel Frog – 0

Section 2:
alan smithee – 58
Philip – 52
Batman – 40
Sela5 – 38
Nunis – 30
DrG – 23
A² – 20
knarf – 20
BubbyChubs – 18
Agrajag – 14
Buckykatt – 12
Mazer - 12
Sunshine Dee - 8
Steel Frog – 2
bratzks - 0
sldawgs - 0

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 11 Jan 2009, 20:18, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 21:35 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Congratulations, Nunis!

Thanks, everyone, for playing. Again, big thanks to bing for the cover art section, and thanks to everyone who contributed lyrics: Agrajag, alan smithee, BubbyChubs, Buckykatt, DrG, JJ, Mazer, and Steel Frog.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 22:23 

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Congratulations, Nunis!

:green:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Thanks, everyone, for playing. Again, big thanks to bing for the cover art section, and thanks to everyone who contributed lyrics: Agrajag, alan smithee, BubbyChubs, Buckykatt, DrG, JJ, Mazer, and Steel Frog.

Big thanks to you too, Sugarpuss. And props to smithee on the (an)al bum covers. Which one did you miss?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 22:57 

wd & ty to Agrajag, BubbyChubs, Buckykatt, DrG, JJ, Mazer, & SF for lyrics; vwd to SO'S & bing.

wd HRH

Philip wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Congratulations, Nunis!

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

Big thanks to you too, Sugarpuss. And props to smithee on the (an)al bum covers. Which one did you miss?

Gang of Four, Catherine Deneuve, and Charo. And Charo.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 00:00 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

alan smithee wrote:
wd & ty to Agrajag

ty & np
alan smithee wrote:
Gang of Four, Catherine Deneuve, and Charo. And Charo.

:lol:

wd tN and Bucky (if you exist)...

Woohoo bronze! :banana:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 08:45 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

WD everyone--and a huge thank you to SOS and bing for making it all happen.

And I'm appalled at some of the ones I missed--songs that I know, that I can sing along to and know all the words to, but that I completely didn't recognize out of context, as it were.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 09:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Congrats, Nunis, wd all.

(Sugar, check your email. I submitted answers that way. Doesn't matter terribly, I'm guessing I'd be enjoying a Philip/Batman or Batman/dawgs sandwich, but I just wanted you to know I did participate.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next