FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 19:18

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2009, 16:14 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Today's Adam Carolla podcast's guest -- Dan Finnerty

The Dan Band is playing LA this weekend (and again next month and again in September). :-(

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 06:12 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
Today's Adam Carolla podcast's guest -- Dan Finnerty

The Dan Band is playing LA this weekend (and again next month and again in September). :-(

I heard "More Than Words" this morning and :( as well.

PostPosted: 07 Jul 2009, 21:46 
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful

Every morning while driving to school, I gotta listen to AJ's Playhouse (San Diego) on 93.3 'coz it's right there. Other than that I just have a bunch of presets in my car that constantly get flipped.

What I dislike is that the good presets all turn to Spanish radio at night and I can't jam anymore! If it isn't Spanish radio then it's just a really...really...boring talk show.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2009, 20:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I've started listening to Creative Screenwriting Magazine's podcast. It's an interview/Q&A session with a screenwriter after a screening of their film. The ones I've listened to so far have been interesting, but spoilery, so it's best to listen to them after you've already seen the movie.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 03:10 
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

www.planetrock.co.uk is the way to go if you like classic rock.

My day is just not complete without it.

Image Image

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 17:33 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
I've started listening to Creative Screenwriting Magazine's podcast. It's an interview/Q&A session with a screenwriter after a screening of their film. The ones I've listened to so far have been interesting, but spoilery, so it's best to listen to them after you've already seen the movie.

:green:

I think Goldsmith is annoying with his ten minutes of intro and outro, but the interviews are usually very interesting but require listening after the film (not sure why they actually edited the Zombieland cameo bit out when they often talk about Act 3 twists)

other recent additions:

I Love Movies -- Doug Benson has approx bi-weekly chats with comics/actors. Often ends with the Leonard Maltin game or Build a Title (both pretty fun)

IFC.com Podcasts -- this is my most recent addition. Interesting topics so far with an IMDb keyword game that's an interesting puzzle if you don't use IMDb to cheat

Kevin Pollack's Chat Show -- long form (2 hour) interview that comes video (live on the interwebs every Sunday) or Audio Only

This American Life (thanks Fever!)

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 21:55 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

I think Goldsmith is annoying with his ten minutes of intro and outro, but the interviews are usually very interesting but require listening after the film (not sure why they actually edited the Zombieland cameo bit out when they often talk about Act 3 twists)

Today I listened to his interview with Mark Boal, writer of The Hurt Locker, and Boal spoiled the ending of Das Boot :?. Not like I can really complain about spoilers for a 29-year-old movie, but still...

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 22:05 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

Today I listened to his interview with Mark Boal, writer of The Hurt Locker, and Boal spoiled the ending of Das Boot :?. Not like I can really complain about spoilers for a 29-year-old movie, but still...

I remember listening to that one a few weeks ago, and while I saw Das Boot a few years ago (some Resolution list) I still was a little surprised that he spoiled it so nonchalantly.

You'd think that with his 5-minute intro (which itself is super annoying--God, I hate hearing him talk), he'd add some general statement about the episode containing spoilers for the movie being discussed with a longer spiel if other films are spoiled, three decades old or not!

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 22:35 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

I remember listening to that one a few weeks ago, and while I saw Das Boot a few years ago (some Resolution list) I still was a little surprised that he spoiled it so nonchalantly.

Yeah, it just came out of nowhere.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2010, 19:41 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Ugh... I keep adding more podcasts--I have so many I never have time to listen to any music!

Here's my current list of what I listen to every week, roughly from most interesting to least:

Filmspotting (300+ and still going strong)
This American Life (such interesting stories)
Doug Loves Movies (Doug Benson and guests often make me laugh and play some fun movie games)
The Nerdist (Chris Hardwick & friends)
NPR Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me (Not sure why, but I know I've listened to this before--was just "introduced" to it by my Maggie)
howstuffworks.com Podcasts (9 different podcasts, roughly ranked from most to least interesting: Stuff Mom Never Told You, BrainStuff, Stuff of Genius, Stuff You Should Know, TechStuff, Stuff You Missed in History, Stuff They Don't Want You to Know, Stuff from the Science Lab & CarStuff)
IFC.com Podcast (I'm two months behind having forgotten about this one--downloading 10 of them right now :roll:)
The Film Vault (Bald Brian from Adam Carolla's show and some other guy named Anderson(?) talk about movies with a Top 5 every week—sort of Filmspotting Jr.)
Pottercast (I like hearing news about the Florida attraction, but I think I got into Pottercast a little too late)
Creative Screenwriting (although his recent interviews have been on films I've never seen, and due to his spoilers I haven't listened since his Lost interviews)
Adam Carolla Show (although since they've switched from podcast to radio show, I've gotten annoyed and am this close to dropping them)

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2010, 22:29 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
I'm flirting with the idea of podcasts, but haven't taken the plunge yet.

I miss Don & Mike, but Don's Podcasts from home just don't seem like they'd be the same.
Local area station has a funny gal on the morning radio. They podcast that show ... Jamie White is her name (Sacramento, CA).

I used to listen to NPR a lot, but was picky on the programs. (All Things Considered, Car Talk, and Fresh Air are generally good programming, and even entertaining. The weekend host, Tavis Smiley, grates on my nerves; Big Ego, small mind.)

KROQ simply ROQs!

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 06:13 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

scruluce wrote:

KROQ simply ROQs!

Kevin & Bean is the only podcast I do on an everyday basis

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 09:27 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sela wrote:
scruluce wrote:

KROQ simply ROQs!

Kevin & Bean is the only podcast I do on an everyday basis

I've heard of, but never heard Kevin & Bean... I always sort of assumed they were the annoying type of morning radio...

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2010, 16:27 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I listen to Joe Rogan, Adam Carolla (thanks, SoS), Bill Simmons, Filmspotting, The Parent Experiment & Double Feature