FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 22:17

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 01:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Rules:

1.) No internet searches or other reference materials are allowed. No using friends using internet searches or other reference materials, etc, etc. Otherwise, you're encouraged to get as much help from friends and family as you like.

2.) Exception to Rule #1: if you think that a lyric is from a certain song, or that an album cover snippet is from a particular album, you are welcome to look up that song or album to verify your guess. You should know the difference of whether you are cheating or not.

3.) Anyone (including those who contributed no more than 5 lyrics to the quiz) can participate.

4.) Submit all answers via PM to me. Please list your answers in this format for section 1: artist – song title, and in this format for section 2: artist - album title. You get 1 point for each correct artist, and 1 point for each correct song or album title -- 500 total points possible.

5.) Submit as often as you like. I’ll reply to let you know which ones are correct. If you send multiple entries, please include all of your answers each time.

6.) No artist will be repeated within the lyrics section (though solo artists may appear both as themselves and as part of a group or duo). If the song has been covered, I'm looking for the first version (well, the first “well known” version). Since the album cover section was created separately, artists might be repeated between the two sections.

7. ) The Deadline is 8:00 PM CST on Sunday, January 10, 2010.

Notes:

a.) Thanks, bing, for creating the album covers section. Thank you, Agrajag, alan smithee, Batman, BubbyChubs, Buckykatt, JJ, Middle, sldawgs, and spymeg, for contributing to the lyrics section.

b.) Lyrics are in “random” order, as determined by Excel.

c.) I try to avoid repeating songs from previous years, but I don't absolutely guarantee that a couple didn't slip in.

d.) It is possible there are errors -- If you see something, say something. PM me and if I deem it significant enough, you may get a bonus point.

e.) Good luck. We're all counting on you.

Final Scoreboard

Buckykatt - 280
Agrajag - 238
Batman - 162
A² - 157
spymeg - 153
jack's sally - 150
BubbyChubs - 100
dawson 99 - 56
alan smithee - 48
shiyou - 46
Fat Head - 40
Steel Frog - 2

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 10 Jan 2010, 22:22, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 01:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Section 1 - 1 point for artist, 1 point for song title

1. He's a complicated man, but no one understands him but his woman
2. Don't touch my bags if you please, mister customs man
3. You once thought of me as a white knight on his steed
4. Dancing in the deepest oceans, twisting in the water, you're just like a dream
5. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay, you realize that Christmas ain’t the only holiday
6. Our hearts were ringing in the key that our souls were singing
7. I recall Central Park in Fall, how you tore your dress, what a mess
8. I feel safest of all, I can lock all my doors, it's the only way to live
9. I never done good things, I never done bad things, I never did anything out of the blue
10. Feathers hit the ground before the weight can leave the air
11. This is the craziest party there could ever be; don't turn on the lights 'cause I don't wanna see
12. Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me, other times I can barely see
13. Slip me a napkin and now that's a start. Is this your name or a doctor's eye chart?
14. Well, is there something that you like about her? Yes, I like the way that her body bends in half.
15. Listening to you, I get the music; gazing at you, I get the heat
16. I search the room but you're not there, your perfume lingers everywhere
17. We need a taxi 'cause you're hungover and I'm broke
18. Some people look down on me, but I don't give a rip, I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip
19. And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding
20. Now Ima rap a rhyme with the greatest of ease, and swing it like the man on the flying trapeze
21. I want to be the girl with the most cake
22. And when my love for life is running dry, you come and pour yourself on me
23. It wasn't me that started that old crazy Asian war, but I was proud to go and do my patriotic chore
24. Every other word is "uh huh", "yeah okay", could it be that you are at the crib with another lady?
25. So lift your eyes if you feel you can. Reach for a star and I'll show you a plan.
26. House on the ground, bass in your face
27. Goodbye, my love, maybe for forever. Goodbye, my love, the tide waits for me.
28. Do my work, do my dirty work, scapegoat
29. If I could turn the page in time then I'd rearrange just a day or two
30. I didn't think about my lady, I know that sounds kinda mean. But me and my old lady have fallen into the same old dull routine.
31. When I woke up this morning, coulda sworn it was Judgment Day
32. Well, I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand
33. He say his body's too old for working, his body's too young to look like his
34. I'm countin' the steps to the door of your heart
35. I was there when the bear ate his head, thought it was a candy
36. We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon
37. I'm all out of faith — this is how I feel
38. There's an insect in your ear, if you scratch it won't disappear
39. I try to be hip and think like the crowd, but even the crowd can't help me now
40. Since the return of her stay on the moon, she listens like spring and she talks like June
41. You say you're gonna go and call it quits, gonna chuck it all and break our love to bits
42. When it came to shootin' straight and fast, he was mighty good
43. I want to be the one to walk in the sun
44. You told me to leave you alone, my father said, "come on home", my doctor said, "take it easy", oh, but your lovin' is much too strong
45. Out in the country past the city limit sign, well, there's a honky-tonk near the county line
46. If I could slip the sickly ties that earthly man has made
47. So wild and free, so far from me, you're all I want, my fantasy
48. You really had me going, wishing on a star, but the black holes that surround you are heavier by far
49. Here's a little song I wrote, you might want to sing it note for note
50. I'm lookin' for some action, but like Mick Jagger said, I can't get no satisfaction
51. Just bundle up my coffin 'cause it's cold way down there
52. All we need is a drummer, for people who only need a beat
53. He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger, and finally drank away her memory
54. Please swallow your pride if I have things you need to borrow
55. If you a fly gal, get your nails done, get a pedicure, get your hair did
56. People say a love like ours will surely pass, but I know a love like ours will last and last
57. I ask myself, is all hope lost, is there only pain and hatred and misery?
58. Just stop, 'cause I really love you. Stop, I'll be thinking of you.
59. It might be hard to handle like the flame that burns the candle, the candle feeds the flame
60. She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts. She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers.
61. It's me that he's always choosin', with him I'm never losin', and he knows that my name is not Susan
62. Boys come along a dime by the dozen, that ain't nothing but ten cent lovin'
63. Which one of you girls want me to hold you? Which one of you girls want me to kiss you?
64. I'm still an embryo with a long, long way to go
65. Well, there's no problem gettin' to me, baby, you can dial direct. I got call forwarding, call waiting, you can even call collect.
66. I don't know what I knew before, but now I know I want to win the war
67. Let's sink another drink 'cause it'll give me time to think
68. Thoughts arrive like butterflies, oh, he don't know, so he chases them away
69. Beware of the pat on the back, it just might hold you back
70. Where's the mini-skirt made of snakeskin? And who's the other guy that's singing in Van Halen?
71. Her voice is a backwards record, it's like a whirlpool and it never ends
72. Yeah, the bad guys know us and they leave us alone
73. When I come home, baby, my house is dark and my pots are cold
74. The sun doesn't go down, it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round
75. She likes the boys in the band, she says that I'm her all-time favorite
76. I discovered that my castles stand upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand
77. Something's wrong 'cause my mind is fading, and everywhere I look there's a dead end waiting
78. Comin' to you on a dusty road. Good lovin', I got a truckload.
79. Swing them hips like nun chucks
80. What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys. See you later. Can I have them please?
81. They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank, fuel burning fast on an empty tank
82. Had to cool me down to take another round, now I'm back in the ring to take another swing
83. My cup is on the table, my love is spillin', waiting here for you to take and drink of
84. How can she lose? That stuff she use, 36-24-36, what a winnin' hand.
85. There's no love like your love, and no other could give more love
86. I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing, 'til they got a hold of me. I opened doors for little old ladies, I helped the blind to see.
87. A guy like you should wear a warnin', it's dangerous, I'm fallin'
88. Who's bending down to give me a rainbow?
89. Cops wanna knock me, D.A. wanna box me in, but somehow, I beat them charges like Rocky
90. I'm not black like Barry White, no, I am white like Frank Black is
91. When I'm sad, you're a clown, and if I get scared, you're always around
92. A man named Al Capone tried to make that town his own, and he called his gang to war with the forces of the law
93. I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love
94. I check my look in the mirror, I wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face
95. Privacy is my middle name, my last name is control
96. Now and then, I'll try to bend under pressure, wind up snapping in the end
97. I must admit they have a rockin' band — man, they were blowin' like a hurricane
98. I never conquered, rarely came, sixteen just held such better days
99. Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies, and everyone goes
100. Well, honey, don't telephone, 'cause I won't be alone, I need someone to make me feel better
101. I'm gonna find me a hole in the wall. I'm gonna crawl inside and die.
102. I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears
103. And in a week or two, if you make the charts, the girls'll tear you apart
104. You want me to leave, you want me to stay, you ask me to come back, you turn and walk away
105. But there's no release, no peace, I toss and turn without cease
106. Better keep your head, don't forget what your Good Book said
107. I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race had long gone by
108. Words are meaningless, and forgettable
109. Give him two arms to cling to, and something warm to come to when nights are cold and lonely
110. Would you rather have me lie, take a piece of your pie, and say "bye", or be honest and rub your thigh?
111. Bet I have you naked by the end of this song
112. She spent her twenties between the sheets
113. People around every corner, they seem to smile and say, "we don't care what your name is, boy, we'll never turn you away"
114. On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore
115. Fill up my cup. Mazel tov! Look at her dancing. Just take it off.
116. People always told me be careful of what you do and don't go around breaking young girls' hearts
117. All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin', don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord
118. Take my heart, my soul, my money, but don't leave me drowning in my tears
119. If our love was just a circus, you'd be a clown by now
120. Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long
121. Some people say this town don't look good in snow
122. Yesterday's love was like a warm summer breeze, but like the weather, ya changed
123. I hope that you are having the time of your life, but think twice, that's my only advice
124. Shush girl, shut your lips, do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips
125. Don't wanna tango with you, I'd rather tangle with him
126. Young, black and famous wit' money hangin' out the anus
127. I stop to see a weepin' willow cryin' on his pillow, maybe he's cryin' for me
128. I got it bad, you don't know how bad I got it. You got it easy, you don't know when you've got it good.
129. Bankin' off of the northeast winds, sailin' on summer breeze, and skippin' over the ocean like a stone
130. If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start, but I would rather you let me give my heart
131. Six gun sound is our claim to fame
132. We've been good but we can't last, hurry Christmas, hurry fast
133. If I ever catch up with you, I'm gonna love you for the rest of your life
134. You could have an aeroplane flying if you bring your blue sky back
135. I could not believe my eyes when I saw through the voice of a trusted friend who needs to humor me and tell me lies
136. Maybe the sun's light will be dim, and it won't matter anyhow
137. Get a secondhand guitar, chances are you'll go far
138. You ever loved someone so much you thought your little heart was gonna break in two? I didn't think so.
139. I wanna see y'all on y'all baddest behavior. Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor.
140. I stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition
141. Why was he holding her hand when he's supposed to be mine?
142. We saw the writing on the wall as we felt this magical fantasy
143. Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there
144. I'd let you watch, I would invite you, but the queens we use would not excite you
145. Here is the church and here is the steeple, we sure are cute for two ugly people
146. There's a girl right next to you, and she's just waiting for somethin' to do
147. It's always summer, they'll never get cold, they'll never get hungry, they'll never get old and grey
148. Take your baby by the heel and do the next thing that you feel
149. Sleep, baby, sleep, now that the night is over, and the sun comes like a god into our room, all perfect light and promises
150. Friday night he pulled a gun to change the channel, something that he picked up from The King
151. You like your life in a free-form style, you'll take an inch but you'd love a mile
152. There goes my old girlfriend, there's another diamond ring
153. You can buy your hair if it won't grow, you can fix your nose if you say so
154. My pressure on your hips, sinking my fingertips into every inch of you
155. I'm just glad I know the truth, and I'm payin' my own bills, and I'll never ever depend on you
156. Not gonna get you a house in the hills, a girl like you needs somethin' real
157. Like the summer sunshine, pour your sweetness over me
158. I never lost one minute of sleeping worrying 'bout the way things might have been
159. You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead
160. I won't tell you that I love you, kiss or hug you, 'cause I'm bluffin' with my muffin
161. White lace and feathers, they made up his bed, gold covered mattress on which he was laid
162. I close my eyes, only for a moment and the moment's gone
163. There's no sense in telling me the wisdom of a fool won't set you free
164. Lady luck, please let the dice stay hot, let me shoot a seven with every shot
165. I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay
166. I can't help but have my suspicions 'cause I ain't quite as dumb as I seem
167. The carpet needs a haircut
168. I lay my head onto the sand, the sky resembles a backlit canopy with holes punched in it
169. That’s deep, how deep, it’s deeper than Atlantis
170. You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
171. Then good luck, it finally struck like lightning from the blue, every highway leading me back to you
172. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3".
173. For every kiss you give me, I'll give you three
174. Where did you come from, baby? How did you know I needed you?
175. He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again
176. Did you forget about me, Mr. Duplicity?
177. Chicken in the bread pan, pickin' at dough. Granny does your dog bite? “No, child, no.”
178. Take your time, hurry up, choice is yours, don't be late
179. Wet bus stop, she's waiting, his car is warm and dry
180. Now stop (oh) den wiggle wit it (yeah)
181. Seven years went under the bridge like time was standing still
182. He was turned to steel in the great magnetic field where he traveled time for the future of mankind
183. Rivers flow into the sea, yet even the sea is not so full of me
184. The stained glass curtain you're hiding behind never lets in the sun
185. Gray is my favorite color, I felt so symbolic yesterday, if I knew Picasso I would buy myself a gray guitar and play
186. He got a .32 gun in his pocket for fun, he got a razor in his shoe
187. There were funky China men, from funky Chinatown. They were chopping them up, they were chopping them down.
188. The way I like it is the way it is; I got mine, don't worry 'bout his
189. On, Donner! On, Blitzen! On, Chuy! On, Tavo! Come on, Beto!
190. If I blow my top, will you let it go to your head?
191. I just can't seem to drink you off my mind
192. Only time will tell if we stand the test of time
193. Lookin' for love in all the wrong places, no fine girls, just ugly faces
194. Take time to make time, make time to be there
195. I'd fall down on my knees, kiss the ground that you walk on, if I could just hold you again
196. Noddin' my head like yeah, moving my hips like yeah
197. And I'm not ashamed to say the roar of guns and cannons almost made me cry
198. Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city, linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty
199. Turned away from it all like a blind man
200. Your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear
201. Tina was exotic, Earl's my witness, with the kind of legs that put stockings out of business
202. Didn't know how lost I was until I found you
203. I like your pin shot, I keep it with your letter
204. I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine, anytime night or day
205. Tonight's the night when I go to all the parties down my street. I wash my hair and I kid myself I look real smooth.
206. In the stone under the dust his name is still engraved
207. How dare you come to me like Withnail for a favor?
208. Trying hard to fill the emptiness, the piece is gone, left the puzzle undone
209. He's not vicious or malicious, just de-lovely and delicious
210. But a little gold ring you wear on your hand makes me understand - there's another before me, you'll never be mine, I'm wasting my time
211. Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words
212. Everyone knows about it, from the Queen of England to the hounds of hell
213. Why let your shoulders bend underneath this burden when my back is sturdy and strong?
214. Yes, yes, yes, on and on as I flex, get with the flow, words manifest, feel the vibe from here to Asia
215. We get these pills to swallow, how they stick in your throat, tastes like gold
216. Don’t you know that other kids are starving in Japan?
217. You know the day destroys the night, night divides the day
218. Any kind of fool could see, there was something in everything about you
219. It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now?
220. Is this a lasting treasure or just a moment's pleasure?
221. His girl took a week's worth of valium and slept
222. When I am king, you will be first against the wall
223. I walked her home and she held my hand, I knew it couldn't be just a one night stand
224. Our love was once a flame, now I'm just a forgotten name
225. How can we still be friends when seein' you only breaks my heart again?

Section 2 (by bing) - 1 point for artist, 1 point for album title

01-05 ImageImageImageImageImage
06-10 ImageImageImageImageImage
11-15 ImageImageImageImageImage
16-20 ImageImageImageImageImage
21-25 ImageImageImageImageImage

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 28 Dec 2009, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 05:14 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Here is part 2 as an attachment for those who can't see the images (i.e. Batman).

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 06:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Thank you, my queen!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 10:21 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Yay, I love this--thanks Sugar! (I mentioned this to Mr. Bucky who said "Oh, hey, like that thing we did last year? That was great!" :D )

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 10:23 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

This is awesome, in work til 10, so now have something to do :D

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2009, 22:36 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scoreboard

dawson99 - 54
alan smithee - 48
Fat Head - 39

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2009, 18:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Updated Scoreboard

BubbyChubs - 88
dawson99 - 54
alan smithee - 48
Fat Head - 39
Steel Frog - 2

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 15:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Due to a slight glitch in my Excel file, dawson and Fat Head's scores were off by a point or two (a few rows weren't included in the totals); that has now been fixed and the updated scores are below. Sorry about that!

Updated Scoreboard

Buckykatt - 251
BubbyChubs - 100
dawson 99 - 56
alan smithee - 48
Fat Head - 40
Batman - 36
Steel Frog - 2

A couple of clarifications on my paper grading:

1. Since I'm not allowing the use of reference materials, I'm giving a lot of leeway on song titles. As long as I can tell that you're thinking of the right song, I'll give you the point.

2. I'm stricter on artists, but there are two songs where I'll accept more than one answer for the artist.
- One instance (#36) is because the version recorded by the songwriter is not very well known (a much better-known version was released around the same time). But, I still feel like the songwriter should be a correct answer in this case.
- In the other case (#62), the cover version is the correct answer, because the line in the original is worded a little bit differently. But that difference is so subtle that it was a silly decision on my part (probably made late at night), so I'll accept the original artist for that one as well as a particular cover artist. And, further complicating things for that song, now that I'm accepting the original artist, that artist is now featured twice in the quiz. For bringing this issue to my attention, Buckykatt gets a bonus point!

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 15:15 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Another note: I prefer that you submit answers in the format below. When you include the lyrics, it takes longer for me to sort through the text to find your answers, and there's a chance I could miss answers. If you do include the lyrics, please at least put your answers in bold or a font color that makes them stand out. Thanks!

To make things a little easier for you, here's an answer form you can use:

Section 1

1. artist - song title

Section 2

1. artist - album title

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 15:40 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

1. Since I'm not allowing the use of reference materials, I'm giving a lot of leeway on song titles. As long as I can tell that you're thinking of the right song, I'll give you the point.

Uh oh... I may have been cheating without knowing it. I thought we could look up our guess to confirm it. i.e. I knew one of the album covers was by [this band] but couldn't remember the title of the album, so I went to my iPod and found it. I haven't even looked at the lyrics yet, but in the past I thought we could use Google to confirm our guess if we wanted to (just can't Google the lyrics as that would be pretty pointless)

PostPosted: 31 Dec 2009, 16:06 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

Uh oh... I may have been cheating without knowing it. I thought we could look up our guess to confirm it. i.e. I knew one of the album covers was by [this band] but couldn't remember the title of the album, so I went to my iPod and found it. I haven't even looked at the lyrics yet, but in the past I thought we could use Google to confirm our guess if we wanted to (just can't Google the lyrics as that would be pretty pointless)

No, it's not cheating to check your iPod or online sources to confirm guesses (as stated in the rules in the first post of this thread). But, I can understand if people don't want to check a hundred or so songs to make sure they've got the title exactly correct (with the correct parenthetical phrase), so I'm lenient about it. The first year I was involved with the quiz, I was stricter at first - responding to people that they were close, but not quite - and it was a pain for me and them.

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 16:05 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

No, it's not cheating to check your iPod or online sources to confirm guesses (as stated in the rules in the first post of this thread). But, I can understand if people don't want to check a hundred or so songs to make sure they've got the title exactly correct (with the correct parenthetical phrase), so I'm lenient about it. The first year I was involved with the quiz, I was stricter at first - responding to people that they were close, but not quite - and it was a pain for me and them.

Ah... I guess I'm one of those who would check a hundred or so songs to make sure I've got the title exactly correct.... (At trivia we lost a point for saying an answer was The Beatles' "It's Getting Better" rather than just "Getting Better")

Thanks for the heads up--Maybe I'll save some time now

PostPosted: 01 Jan 2010, 16:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

Ah... I guess I'm one of those who would check a hundred or so songs to make sure I've got the title exactly correct.... (At trivia we lost a point for saying an answer was The Beatles' "It's Getting Better" rather than just "Getting Better")

The rock snob in me sometimes cringes a little. :) But getting too nitpicky is more trouble than it's worth, and could suck the fun out of this.

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 11:00 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

The rock snob in me sometimes cringes a little. :) But getting too nitpicky is more trouble than it's worth, and could suck the fun out of this.

Despite being up for weeks, I just last night sat down and started to look at these lyrics.

Every year, I forget how much I love/hate this quiz. A certain lyric sounds SOOOO familiar--the words float around your brain, but you can't pick out the melody. You try to envision if it's a male or female singing it; young or old; black or white; oldie or modern.... You start to go buggy because you can't figure out where this phrase is from... You want to relieve the pressure and just Google it so you can stop dwelling on a seemingly impossible problem, but you CAN'T! So you either keep dwelling on the same line over and over, or try to move on (but never really stopping the repetition in the back of your mind).

Last night at trivia, I spent about 90 minutes repeating line # 139 (the first half). My teammates were annoyed when I said it three times aloud within about 30 seconds... They were more annoyed the 30th time I said it within the half hour... I did finally realize the [band/person] who sings it, but that was a brutal hour and a half (for all involved)

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 13:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Agrajag wrote:

Last night at trivia, I spent about 90 minutes repeating line # 139 (the first half). My teammates were annoyed when I said it three times aloud within about 30 seconds... They were more annoyed the 30th time I said it within the half hour...

"And we laughed over it. And then Bucky punched me in the mouth" [/Woody Allen]

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 18:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Ah lovely, I missed this. :(

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 19:45 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

spymeg wrote:
Ah lovely, I missed this. :(

Aw, don't be sad, there's still time! Everybody's got the whole weekend still to mull over those lines that have been stuck in your head.

Please get your final entries to me by 8:00 PM CST on Sunday, January 10, 2010.

:glwacoy:

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 19:47 
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt

Buckykatt wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Last night at trivia, I spent about 90 minutes repeating line # 139 (the first half). My teammates were annoyed when I said it three times aloud within about 30 seconds... They were more annoyed the 30th time I said it within the half hour...

"And we laughed over it. And then Bucky punched me in the mouth" [/Woody Allen]

:D

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2010, 20:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Updated Scoreboard

Buckykatt - 251
BubbyChubs - 100
dawson 99 - 56
alan smithee - 48
shiyou - 41
Fat Head - 40
Batman - 36
Steel Frog - 2

PostPosted: 09 Jan 2010, 23:02 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Updated Scoreboard

Buckykatt - 251
Agrajag - 232
Batman - 161
jack's sally - 150
spymeg - 150
BubbyChubs - 100
dawson 99 - 56
alan smithee - 48
shiyou - 41
Fat Head - 40
Steel Frog - 2

Please get your final entries to me by 8:00 PM CST on Sunday, January 10, 2010.

:glwacoy:

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 16:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

You have two more hours to turn in answers.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 22:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Section 1

Lyric - Artist - Song
1. He's a complicated man, but no one understands him but his woman - Isaac Hayes - Theme from Shaft
2. Don't touch my bags if you please, mister customs man - Arlo Guthrie - Coming into Los Angeles
3. You once thought of me as a white knight on his steed - The Monkees - Daydream Believer
4. Dancing in the deepest oceans, twisting in the water, you're just like a dream - The Cure - Just Like Heaven
5. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay, you realize that Christmas ain’t the only holiday - Straight No Chaser - The Christmas Can-Can
6. Our hearts were ringing in the key that our souls were singing - Earth, Wind & Fire - September
7. I recall Central Park in Fall, how you tore your dress, what a mess - Wayne Newton - Danke Schoen
8. I feel safest of all, I can lock all my doors, it's the only way to live - Gary Numan - Cars
9. I never done good things, I never done bad things, I never did anything out of the blue - David Bowie - Ashes to Ashes
10. Feathers hit the ground before the weight can leave the air - R.E.M. - Fall on Me
11. This is the craziest party there could ever be; don't turn on the lights 'cause I don't wanna see - Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not to Come)
12. Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me, other times I can barely see - Greatful Dead - Truckin'
13. Slip me a napkin and now that's a start. Is this your name or a doctor's eye chart? - Paul Westerberg - Dyslexic Heart
14. Well, is there something that you like about her? Yes, I like the way that her body bends in half. - The Virgins - One Week of Danger
15. Listening to you, I get the music; gazing at you, I get the heat - The Who - We're Not Gonna Take It
16. I search the room but you're not there, your perfume lingers everywhere - The Smithereens - Only a Memory
17. We need a taxi 'cause you're hungover and I'm broke - Katy Perry - Waking Up in Vegas
18. Some people look down on me, but I don't give a rip, I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip - Gretchen Wilson - Redneck Woman
19. And all the roads we have to walk are winding, and all the lights that lead us there are blinding - Oasis - Wonderwall
20. Now Ima rap a rhyme with the greatest of ease, and swing it like the man on the flying trapeze - DJ Kool - Let Me Clear My Throat
21. I want to be the girl with the most cake - Hole - Doll Parts
22. And when my love for life is running dry, you come and pour yourself on me - Bread - If
23. It wasn't me that started that old crazy Asian war, but I was proud to go and do my patriotic chore - Kenny Rogers & the First Edition - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town
24. Every other word is "uh huh", "yeah okay", could it be that you are at the crib with another lady? - Destiny's Child - Say My Name
25. So lift your eyes if you feel you can. Reach for a star and I'll show you a plan. - Air Supply - Lost in Love
26. House on the ground, bass in your face - 2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This
27. Goodbye, my love, maybe for forever. Goodbye, my love, the tide waits for me. - The Alan Parsons Project - Time
28. Do my work, do my dirty work, scapegoat - Metallica - Sad but True
29. If I could turn the page in time then I'd rearrange just a day or two - Fleetwood Mac - Little Lies
30. I didn't think about my lady, I know that sounds kinda mean. But me and my old lady have fallen into the same old dull routine. - Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
31. When I woke up this morning, coulda sworn it was Judgment Day - Prince - 1999
32. Well, I stand up next to a mountain and I chop it down with the edge of my hand - Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Child (Slight Return)
33. He say his body's too old for working, his body's too young to look like his - Tracy Chapman - Fast Car
34. I'm countin' the steps to the door of your heart - Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over
35. I was there when the bear ate his head, thought it was a candy - Dave Matthews Band - What Would You Say
36. We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon - I accepted Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young or Joni Mitchell - Woodstock
37. I'm all out of faith — this is how I feel - Natalie Imbruglia - Torn
38. There's an insect in your ear, if you scratch it won't disappear - U2 - Staring at the Sun
39. I try to be hip and think like the crowd, but even the crowd can't help me now - The Chi-Lites - Oh Girl
40. Since the return of her stay on the moon, she listens like spring and she talks like June - Train - Drops of Jupiter
41. You say you're gonna go and call it quits, gonna chuck it all and break our love to bits - The Four Seasons - Let's Hang On
42. When it came to shootin' straight and fast, he was mighty good - Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
43. I want to be the one to walk in the sun - Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want to Have Fun
44. You told me to leave you alone, my father said, "come on home", my doctor said, "take it easy", oh, but your lovin' is much too strong - Aretha Franklin - Chain of Fools
45. Out in the country past the city limit sign, well, there's a honky-tonk near the county line - Brooks & Dunn - Boot Scootin' Boogie
46. If I could slip the sickly ties that earthly man has made - Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity
47. So wild and free, so far from me, you're all I want, my fantasy - Def Leppard - Photograph
48. You really had me going, wishing on a star, but the black holes that surround you are heavier by far - Duncan Sheik - Barely Breathing
49. Here's a little song I wrote, you might want to sing it note for note - Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
50. I'm lookin' for some action, but like Mick Jagger said, I can't get no satisfaction - Tone-Loc - Funky Cold Medina
51. Just bundle up my coffin 'cause it's cold way down there - Blood, Sweat & Tears - And When I Die
52. All we need is a drummer, for people who only need a beat - Sly & the Family Stone - Dance to the Music
53. He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger, and finally drank away her memory - Brad Paisley - Whiskey Lullaby
54. Please swallow your pride if I have things you need to borrow - Bill Withers - Lean on Me
55. If you a fly gal, get your nails done, get a pedicure, get your hair did - Missy Elliott - Work It
56. People say a love like ours will surely pass, but I know a love like ours will last and last - The Babys - Every Time I Think of You
57. I ask myself, is all hope lost, is there only pain and hatred and misery? - Elvis Costello & the Attraction - (What's So Funny 'Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding
58. Just stop, 'cause I really love you. Stop, I'll be thinking of you. - Captain & Tennille - Love Will Keep Us Together
59. It might be hard to handle like the flame that burns the candle, the candle feeds the flame - Hall & Oates - You Make My Dreams
60. She wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts. She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers. - Taylor Swift - You Belong with Me
61. It's me that he's always choosin', with him I'm never losin', and he knows that my name is not Susan - Salt-N-Pepa with En Vogue - Whatta Man
62. Boys come along a dime by the dozen, that ain't nothing but ten cent lovin' - I accepted The Black Crowes or Otis Redding - Hard to Handle
63. Which one of you girls want me to hold you? Which one of you girls want me to kiss you? - Otis Redding - Love Man
64. I'm still an embryo with a long, long way to go - Helen Reddy - I Am Woman
65. Well, there's no problem gettin' to me, baby, you can dial direct. I got call forwarding, call waiting, you can even call collect. - Reba McEntire - Why Haven't I Heard from You
66. I don't know what I knew before, but now I know I want to win the war - Feist - I Feel It All
67. Let's sink another drink 'cause it'll give me time to think - Billy Idol - Dancing with Myself
68. Thoughts arrive like butterflies, oh, he don't know, so he chases them away - Pearl Jam - Even Flow
69. Beware of the pat on the back, it just might hold you back - The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
70. Where's the mini-skirt made of snakeskin? And who's the other guy that's singing in Van Halen? - Bowling for Soup - 1985
71. Her voice is a backwards record, it's like a whirlpool and it never ends - They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng
72. Yeah, the bad guys know us and they leave us alone - The Beach Boys - I Get Around
73. When I come home, baby, my house is dark and my pots are cold - Santana - Evil Ways
74. The sun doesn't go down, it's just an illusion caused by the world spinning 'round - The Flaming Lips - Do You Realize??
75. She likes the boys in the band, she says that I'm her all-time favorite - Rick James - Super Freak
76. I discovered that my castles stand upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand - Coldplay - Viva la Vida
77. Something's wrong 'cause my mind is fading, and everywhere I look there's a dead end waiting - Beck - Devils Haircut
78. Comin' to you on a dusty road. Good lovin', I got a truckload. - Sam & Dave - Soul Man
79. Swing them hips like nun chucks - Shakira (featuring Lil Wayne) - Give It Up to Me
80. What I'd really like, Dad, is to borrow the car keys. See you later. Can I have them please? - Harry Chapin - Cat's in the Cradle
81. They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank, fuel burning fast on an empty tank - Cake - The Distance
82. Had to cool me down to take another round, now I'm back in the ring to take another swing - AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
83. My cup is on the table, my love is spillin', waiting here for you to take and drink of - REO Speedwagon - Roll with the Changes
84. How can she lose? That stuff she use, 36-24-36, what a winnin' hand. - Commodores - Brick House
85. There's no love like your love, and no other could give more love - Bryan Adams - (Everything I Do) I Do It for You
86. I used to be such a sweet, sweet thing, 'til they got a hold of me. I opened doors for little old ladies, I helped the blind to see. - Alice Cooper - No More Mr. Nice Guy
87. A guy like you should wear a warnin', it's dangerous, I'm fallin' - Britney Spears - Toxic
88. Who's bending down to give me a rainbow? - The Association - Windy
89. Cops wanna knock me, D.A. wanna box me in, but somehow, I beat them charges like Rocky - Jay-Z - Izzo (H.O.V.A.)
90. I'm not black like Barry White, no, I am white like Frank Black is - The Bloodhound Gang - Fire Water Burn
91. When I'm sad, you're a clown, and if I get scared, you're always around - Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
92. A man named Al Capone tried to make that town his own, and he called his gang to war with the forces of the law - Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died
93. I'm into having sex, I ain't into making love - 50 Cent - In Da Club
94. I check my look in the mirror, I wanna change my clothes, my hair, my face - Bruce Springsteen - Dancing in the Dark
95. Privacy is my middle name, my last name is control - Janet Jackson - Nasty
96. Now and then, I'll try to bend under pressure, wind up snapping in the end - Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench
97. I must admit they have a rockin' band — man, they were blowin' like a hurricane - Chuck Berry - Rock & Roll Music
98. I never conquered, rarely came, sixteen just held such better days - blink-182 - Adam's Song
99. Pack up the babies and grab the old ladies, and everyone goes - Neil Diamond - Brother Love's Travelling Salvation Show
100. Well, honey, don't telephone, 'cause I won't be alone, I need someone to make me feel better - Foreigner - Blue Morning, Blue Day
101. I'm gonna find me a hole in the wall. I'm gonna crawl inside and die. - The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See
102. I get a little bit tired of listening to the sound of my tears - Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart
103. And in a week or two, if you make the charts, the girls'll tear you apart - The Byrds - So You Want to Be a Rock 'n' Roll Star
104. You want me to leave, you want me to stay, you ask me to come back, you turn and walk away - Pat Benatar - Treat Me Right
105. But there's no release, no peace, I toss and turn without cease - Faithless - Insomnia
106. Better keep your head, don't forget what your Good Book said - Neil Young - Southern Man
107. I made a pilgrimage to save this human race, never comprehending the race had long gone by - Modern English - I Melt with You
108. Words are meaningless, and forgettable - Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence
109. Give him two arms to cling to, and something warm to come to when nights are cold and lonely - Tammy Wynette - Stand by Your Man
110. Would you rather have me lie, take a piece of your pie, and say "bye", or be honest and rub your thigh? - Gerardo - Rico Suave
111. Bet I have you naked by the end of this song - Justin Timberlake - Rock Your Body
112. She spent her twenties between the sheets - The Presidents of the United States of America - Lump
113. People around every corner, they seem to smile and say, "we don't care what your name is, boy, we'll never turn you away" - Gerry & the Pacemakers - Ferry Cross the Mersey
114. On we sweep with threshing oar, our only goal will be the western shore - Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song
115. Fill up my cup. Mazel tov! Look at her dancing. Just take it off. - The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
116. People always told me be careful of what you do and don't go around breaking young girls' hearts - Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
117. All you need is faith to hear the diesels hummin', don't need no ticket, you just thank the Lord - The Impressions - People Get Ready
118. Take my heart, my soul, my money, but don't leave me drowning in my tears - Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
119. If our love was just a circus, you'd be a clown by now - Elton John - I'm Still Standing
120. Hangman is coming down from the gallows and I don't have very long - Styx - Renegade
121. Some people say this town don't look good in snow - America - Ventura Highway
122. Yesterday's love was like a warm summer breeze, but like the weather, ya changed - Classics IV - Stormy
123. I hope that you are having the time of your life, but think twice, that's my only advice - Gnarls Barkley - Crazy
124. Shush girl, shut your lips, do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips - 3OH!3 - Don't Trust Me
125. Don't wanna tango with you, I'd rather tangle with him - Stroke 9 - Little Black Backpack
126. Young, black and famous wit' money hangin' out the anus - Puff Daddy & the Family - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
127. I stop to see a weepin' willow cryin' on his pillow, maybe he's cryin' for me - Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight
128. I got it bad, you don't know how bad I got it. You got it easy, you don't know when you've got it good. - Nik Kershaw - Wouldn't It Be Good
129. Bankin' off of the northeast winds, sailin' on summer breeze, and skippin' over the ocean like a stone - Harry Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
130. If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start, but I would rather you let me give my heart - Lulu - To Sir with Love
131. Six gun sound is our claim to fame - Bad Company - Bad Company
132. We've been good but we can't last, hurry Christmas, hurry fast - The Chipunks - The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late)
133. If I ever catch up with you, I'm gonna love you for the rest of your life - Mike + the Mechanics - All I Need Is a Miracle
134. You could have an aeroplane flying if you bring your blue sky back - Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
135. I could not believe my eyes when I saw through the voice of a trusted friend who needs to humor me and tell me lies - Blues Traveler - Run-Around
136. Maybe the sun's light will be dim, and it won't matter anyhow - Juice Newton - Angel of the Morning
137. Get a secondhand guitar, chances are you'll go far - Bachman-Turner Overdrive - Takin' Care of Business
138. You ever loved someone so much you thought your little heart was gonna break in two? I didn't think so. - Chris Isaak - Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing
139. I wanna see y'all on y'all baddest behavior. Lend me some sugar, I am your neighbor. - Outkast - Hey Ya!
140. I stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition - Dolly Parton - 9 to 5
141. Why was he holding her hand when he's supposed to be mine? - Lesley Gore - It's My Party
142. We saw the writing on the wall as we felt this magical fantasy - Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - (I've Had) The Time of My Life
143. Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there - Yes - Roundabout
144. I'd let you watch, I would invite you, but the queens we use would not excite you - Murray Head - One Night in Bangkok
145. Here is the church and here is the steeple, we sure are cute for two ugly people - The Moldy Peaches - Anyone Else But You
146. There's a girl right next to you, and she's just waiting for somethin' to do - Stephen Stills - Love the One You're With
147. It's always summer, they'll never get cold, they'll never get hungry, they'll never get old and grey - Fastball - The Way
148. Take your baby by the heel and do the next thing that you feel - Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days
149. Sleep, baby, sleep, now that the night is over, and the sun comes like a god into our room, all perfect light and promises - INXS - New Sensation
150. Friday night he pulled a gun to change the channel, something that he picked up from The King - Amanda Marshall - Birmingham
151. You like your life in a free-form style, you'll take an inch but you'd love a mile - Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue
152. There goes my old girlfriend, there's another diamond ring - Aerosmith - What It Takes
153. You can buy your hair if it won't grow, you can fix your nose if you say so - TLC - Unpretty
154. My pressure on your hips, sinking my fingertips into every inch of you - Maroon 5 - This Love
155. I'm just glad I know the truth, and I'm payin' my own bills, and I'll never ever depend on you - Tony! Toni! Toné! - If I Had No Loot
156. Not gonna get you a house in the hills, a girl like you needs somethin' real - The Lonely Island - Dick in a Box
157. Like the summer sunshine, pour your sweetness over me - The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
158. I never lost one minute of sleeping worrying 'bout the way things might have been - Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
159. You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead - The Beatles - Two of Us
160. I won't tell you that I love you, kiss or hug you, 'cause I'm bluffin' with my muffin - Lady Gaga - Poker Face
161. White lace and feathers, they made up his bed, gold covered mattress on which he was laid - Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man
162. I close my eyes, only for a moment and the moment's gone - Kansas - Dust in the Wind
163. There's no sense in telling me the wisdom of a fool won't set you free - New Order - Bizarre Love Triangle
164. Lady luck, please let the dice stay hot, let me shoot a seven with every shot - Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas
165. I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay - The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
166. I can't help but have my suspicions 'cause I ain't quite as dumb as I seem - Ace - How Long
167. The carpet needs a haircut - Tom Waits - The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me)
168. I lay my head onto the sand, the sky resembles a backlit canopy with holes punched in it - Incubus - Wish You Were Here
169. That’s deep, how deep, it’s deeper than Atlantis - Xzibit - Paparazzi
170. You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand - Toni Basil - Mickey
171. Then good luck, it finally struck like lightning from the blue, every highway leading me back to you - Survivor - The Search Is Over
172. 36-24-36? Ha ha, only if she's 5'3". - Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
173. For every kiss you give me, I'll give you three - The Ronettes - Be My Baby
174. Where did you come from, baby? How did you know I needed you? - Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
175. He left yesterday behind him, you might say he was born again - John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
176. Did you forget about me, Mr. Duplicity? - Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
177. Chicken in the bread pan, pickin' at dough. Granny does your dog bite? “No, child, no.” - Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down to Georgia
178. Take your time, hurry up, choice is yours, don't be late - Nirvana - Come As You Are
179. Wet bus stop, she's waiting, his car is warm and dry - The Police - Don't Stand So Close to Me
180. Now stop (oh) den wiggle wit it (yeah) - Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz - Get Low
181. Seven years went under the bridge like time was standing still - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark - If You Leave
182. He was turned to steel in the great magnetic field where he traveled time for the future of mankind - Black Sabbath - Iron Man
183. Rivers flow into the sea, yet even the sea is not so full of me - Extreme - Hole Hearted
184. The stained glass curtain you're hiding behind never lets in the sun - Billy Joel - Only the Good Die Young
185. Gray is my favorite color, I felt so symbolic yesterday, if I knew Picasso I would buy myself a gray guitar and play - Counting Crows - Mr. Jones
186. He got a .32 gun in his pocket for fun, he got a razor in his shoe - Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
187. There were funky China men, from funky Chinatown. They were chopping them up, they were chopping them down. - Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting
188. The way I like it is the way it is; I got mine, don't worry 'bout his - James Brown - Get Up (I Feel Like Being A) Sex Machine
189. On, Donner! On, Blitzen! On, Chuy! On, Tavo! Come on, Beto! - Cheech & Chong - Santa Claus and His Old Lady
190. If I blow my top, will you let it go to your head? - ZZ Top - Gimme All Your Lovin'
191. I just can't seem to drink you off my mind - The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
192. Only time will tell if we stand the test of time - Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love
193. Lookin' for love in all the wrong places, no fine girls, just ugly faces - Young MC - Bust a Move
194. Take time to make time, make time to be there - Little River Band - Lady
195. I'd fall down on my knees, kiss the ground that you walk on, if I could just hold you again - Billy Vera & the Beaters - At This Moment
196. Noddin' my head like yeah, moving my hips like yeah - Miley Cyrus - Party in the USA
197. And I'm not ashamed to say the roar of guns and cannons almost made me cry - ABBA - Fernando
198. Just listen to the music of the traffic in the city, linger on the sidewalk where the neon signs are pretty - Petula Clark - Downtown
199. Turned away from it all like a blind man - Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure
200. Your crystal ball ain't so crystal clear - Beastie Boys - Sabotage
201. Tina was exotic, Earl's my witness, with the kind of legs that put stockings out of business - LL Cool J - Big Ole Butt
202. Didn't know how lost I was until I found you - Madonna - Like a Virgin
203. I like your pin shot, I keep it with your letter - Steely Dan - Peg
204. I can make you mine, taste your lips of wine, anytime night or day - The Everly Brothers - All I Have to Do Is Dream
205. Tonight's the night when I go to all the parties down my street. I wash my hair and I kid myself I look real smooth. - Joe Jackson - Is She Really Going out with Him?
206. In the stone under the dust his name is still engraved - The Lemonheads - It's a Shame About Ray
207. How dare you come to me like Withnail for a favor? - Kings of Leon - King of the Rodeo
208. Trying hard to fill the emptiness, the piece is gone, left the puzzle undone - Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
209. He's not vicious or malicious, just de-lovely and delicious - Deee-Lite - Groove Is in the Heart
210. But a little gold ring you wear on your hand makes me understand - there's another before me, you'll never be mine, I'm wasting my time - The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions
211. Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words - Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly with His Song
212. Everyone knows about it, from the Queen of England to the hounds of hell - The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army
213. Why let your shoulders bend underneath this burden when my back is sturdy and strong? - 10,000 Maniacs - Trouble Me
214. Yes, yes, yes, on and on as I flex, get with the flow, words manifest, feel the vibe from here to Asia - Us3 - Cantaloop (Flip Fantasia)
215. We get these pills to swallow, how they stick in your throat, tastes like gold - Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
216. Don’t you know that other kids are starving in Japan? - Weird Al Yankovic - Eat It
217. You know the day destroys the night, night divides the day - The Doors - Break on Through (To the Other Side)
218. Any kind of fool could see, there was something in everything about you - Player - Baby Come Back
219. It has to start somewhere, it has to start sometime. What better place than here? What better time than now? - Rage Against the Machine - Guerilla Radio
220. Is this a lasting treasure or just a moment's pleasure? - The Shirelles - Will You Love Me Tomorrow
221. His girl took a week's worth of valium and slept - The Verve Pipe - The Freshmen
222. When I am king, you will be first against the wall - Radiohead - Paranoid Android
223. I walked her home and she held my hand, I knew it couldn't be just a one night stand - Herman's Hermits - I'm into Something Good
224. Our love was once a flame, now I'm just a forgotten name - Big Head Todd & the Monsters - Broken Hearted Savior
225. How can we still be friends when seein' you only breaks my heart again? - The Supremes - You Keep Me Hangin' On

Section 2

ImageImageImageImageImage
Artist - Album
1. Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive!
2. Lady Gaga - The Fame
3. Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
4. Girl Talk - Feed the Animals
5. Green Day - Dookie

6. Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
7. Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon
8. Paramore - Riot!
9. Timbaland - Timbaland Presents Shock Value
10. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend

11. Pearl Jam - Yield
12. Michael Jackson - Off the Wall
13. Asia - Asia
14. Rush - Fly by Night
15. Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes

16. Duran Duran - Rio
17. Kanye West - Graduation
18. Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove
19. Gorillaz - Demon Days
20. Big Brother & the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills

21. The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow
22. The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed
23. Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures
24. N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
25. Erykah Badu - New Amerykah, Pt. 1: 4th World War

Final Scoreboard

Buckykatt - 280
Agrajag - 238
Batman - 162
A² - 157
spymeg - 153
jack's sally - 150
BubbyChubs - 100
dawson 99 - 56
alan smithee - 48
shiyou - 46
Fat Head - 40
Steel Frog - 2

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 10 Jan 2010, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 22:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Congratulations, Buckykatt!

Thanks again to bing for creating the album art section. And thanks to everyone who contributed lyrics: Agrajag, alan smithee, Batman, BubbyChubs, Buckykatt, JJ, Middle, sldawgs, and spymeg.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 22:32 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

3rd place! Wahoo! Thanks for the game, Sugar.