FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 05:37

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 22:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
3rd place! Wahoo! Thanks for the game, Sugar.

You were in 4th. But still, wd.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 22:40 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Here are the songs that no one got. Sorry and stuff.

5. Dreidel, dreidel, dreidel, I made it out of clay, you realize that Christmas ain’t the only holiday - Straight No Chaser - The Christmas Can-Can
6. Our hearts were ringing in the key that our souls were singing - Earth, Wind & Fire - September
14. Well, is there something that you like about her? Yes, I like the way that her body bends in half. - The Virgins - One Week of Danger
23. It wasn't me that started that old crazy Asian war, but I was proud to go and do my patriotic chore - Kenny Rogers & the First Edition - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town
26. House on the ground, bass in your face - 2 Unlimited - Get Ready For This
27. Goodbye, my love, maybe for forever. Goodbye, my love, the tide waits for me. - The Alan Parsons Project - Time
51. Just bundle up my coffin 'cause it's cold way down there - Blood, Sweat & Tears - And When I Die
65. Well, there's no problem gettin' to me, baby, you can dial direct. I got call forwarding, call waiting, you can even call collect. - Reba McEntire - Why Haven't I Heard from You
79. Swing them hips like nun chucks - Shakira (featuring Lil Wayne) - Give It Up to Me
83. My cup is on the table, my love is spillin', waiting here for you to take and drink of - REO Speedwagon - Roll with the Changes
89. Cops wanna knock me, D.A. wanna box me in, but somehow, I beat them charges like Rocky - Jay-Z - Izzo (H.O.V.A.)
100. Well, honey, don't telephone, 'cause I won't be alone, I need someone to make me feel better - Foreigner - Blue Morning, Blue Day
110. Would you rather have me lie, take a piece of your pie, and say "bye", or be honest and rub your thigh? - Gerardo - Rico Suave
113. People around every corner, they seem to smile and say, "we don't care what your name is, boy, we'll never turn you away" - Gerry & the Pacemakers - Ferry Cross the Mersey
119. If our love was just a circus, you'd be a clown by now - Elton John - I'm Still Standing
122. Yesterday's love was like a warm summer breeze, but like the weather, ya changed - Classics IV - Stormy
126. Young, black and famous wit' money hangin' out the anus - Puff Daddy & the Family - Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
130. If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start, but I would rather you let me give my heart - Lulu - To Sir with Love
138. You ever loved someone so much you thought your little heart was gonna break in two? I didn't think so. - Chris Isaak - Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing
150. Friday night he pulled a gun to change the channel, something that he picked up from The King - Amanda Marshall - Birmingham
157. Like the summer sunshine, pour your sweetness over me - The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
169. That’s deep, how deep, it’s deeper than Atlantis - Xzibit - Paparazzi
201. Tina was exotic, Earl's my witness, with the kind of legs that put stockings out of business - LL Cool J - Big Ole Butt
207. How dare you come to me like Withnail for a favor? - Kings of Leon - King of the Rodeo
208. Trying hard to fill the emptiness, the piece is gone, left the puzzle undone - Christina Aguilera - Beautiful
224. Our love was once a flame, now I'm just a forgotten name - Big Head Todd & the Monsters - Broken Hearted Savior

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 22:42 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
A² wrote:

You edited your post and made me a liar!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 22:51 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
A² wrote:

I edited the post to take the bold off of Bucky's name and score because I thought maybe that's what confused your eye. I did not change the scores or order.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 23:13 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Great game Sugar!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 23:23 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

These are the ones that only one person got. Good job!

11. This is the craziest party there could ever be; don't turn on the lights 'cause I don't wanna see - Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me (Not to Come) (Buckykatt)
13. Slip me a napkin and now that's a start. Is this your name or a doctor's eye chart? - Paul Westerberg - Dyslexic Heart (jack's sally)
20. Now Ima rap a rhyme with the greatest of ease, and swing it like the man on the flying trapeze - DJ Kool - Let Me Clear My Throat (Agrajag)
22. And when my love for life is running dry, you come and pour yourself on me - Bread - If (Buckykatt)
38. There's an insect in your ear, if you scratch it won't disappear - U2 - Staring at the Sun (Agrajag)
41. You say you're gonna go and call it quits, gonna chuck it all and break our love to bits - The Four Seasons - Let's Hang On (Agrajag)
46. If I could slip the sickly ties that earthly man has made - Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity (Agrajag)
53. He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger, and finally drank away her memory - Brad Paisley - Whiskey Lullaby (BubbyChubs)
56. People say a love like ours will surely pass, but I know a love like ours will last and last - The Babys - Every Time I Think of You (spymeg)
63. Which one of you girls want me to hold you? Which one of you girls want me to kiss you? - Otis Redding - Love Man (Buckykatt)
66. I don't know what I knew before, but now I know I want to win the war - Feist - I Feel It All (jack's sally)
69. Beware of the pat on the back, it just might hold you back - The Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes (Buckykatt)
71. Her voice is a backwards record, it's like a whirlpool and it never ends - They Might Be Giants - Ana Ng (Agrajag)
73. When I come home, baby, my house is dark and my pots are cold - Santana - Evil Ways (Buckykatt)
76. I discovered that my castles stand upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand - Coldplay - Viva la Vida (Agrajag)
88. Who's bending down to give me a rainbow? - The Association - Windy (Buckykatt)
92. A man named Al Capone tried to make that town his own, and he called his gang to war with the forces of the law - Paper Lace - The Night Chicago Died (Buckykatt)
95. Privacy is my middle name, my last name is control - Janet Jackson - Nasty (jack's sally)
96. Now and then, I'll try to bend under pressure, wind up snapping in the end - Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench (Agrajag)
101. I'm gonna find me a hole in the wall. I'm gonna crawl inside and die. - The Marshall Tucker Band - Can't You See (Buckykatt)
105. But there's no release, no peace, I toss and turn without cease - Faithless - Insomnia (shiyou)
106. Better keep your head, don't forget what your Good Book said - Neil Young - Southern Man (Buckykatt)
121. Some people say this town don't look good in snow - America - Ventura Highway (Buckykatt)
127. I stop to see a weepin' willow cryin' on his pillow, maybe he's cryin' for me - Patsy Cline - Walkin' After Midnight (Buckykatt)
131. Six gun sound is our claim to fame - Bad Company - Bad Company (A²)
133. If I ever catch up with you, I'm gonna love you for the rest of your life - Mike + the Mechanics - All I Need Is a Miracle (spymeg)
136. Maybe the sun's light will be dim, and it won't matter anyhow - Juice Newton - Angel of the Morning (BubbyChubs, contributed by BubbyChubs)
143. Mountains come out of the sky and they stand there - Yes - Roundabout (Buckykatt)
146. There's a girl right next to you, and she's just waiting for somethin' to do - Stephen Stills - Love the One You're With (Buckykatt)
151. You like your life in a free-form style, you'll take an inch but you'd love a mile - Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Jackie Blue (Buckykatt)
155. I'm just glad I know the truth, and I'm payin' my own bills, and I'll never ever depend on you - Tony! Toni! Toné! - If I Had No Loot (BubbyChubs, contributed by BubbyChubs)
161. White lace and feathers, they made up his bed, gold covered mattress on which he was laid - Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man (Buckykatt)
164. Lady luck, please let the dice stay hot, let me shoot a seven with every shot - Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas (Agrajag)
165. I have to speculate that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes like puzzle pieces from the clay - The Postal Service - Such Great Heights (jack's sally)
167. The carpet needs a haircut - Tom Waits - The Piano Has Been Drinking (Not Me) (Buckykatt)
180. Now stop (oh) den wiggle wit it (yeah) - Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz - Get Low (BubbyChubs)
182. He was turned to steel in the great magnetic field where he traveled time for the future of mankind - Black Sabbath - Iron Man (jack's sally)
183. Rivers flow into the sea, yet even the sea is not so full of me - Extreme - Hole Hearted (Buckykatt)
191. I just can't seem to drink you off my mind - The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women (Buckykatt)
203. I like your pin shot, I keep it with your letter - Steely Dan - Peg (Buckykatt)
206. In the stone under the dust his name is still engraved - The Lemonheads - It's a Shame About Ray (Buckykatt)
210. But a little gold ring you wear on your hand makes me understand - there's another before me, you'll never be mine, I'm wasting my time - The Grass Roots - Midnight Confessions (Buckykatt)
213. Why let your shoulders bend underneath this burden when my back is sturdy and strong? - 10,000 Maniacs - Trouble Me (spymeg)
215. We get these pills to swallow, how they stick in your throat, tastes like gold - Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows (shiyou)

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2010, 23:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

In the album art section, only 1 remained unsolved:
03. Image Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury

and these three were only identified by alan smithee:
02. Image Lady Gaga - The Fame
09. Image Timbaland - Timbaland Presents Shock Value
18. Image Funkadelic - One Nation Under a Groove

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 00:06 

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
A² wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
A² wrote:

I edited the post to take the bold off of Bucky's name and score because I thought maybe that's what confused your eye. I did not change the scores or order.

Wahoo! 4th place!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 01:17 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

6. Our hearts were ringing in the key that our souls were singing - Earth, Wind & Fire - September
23. It wasn't me that started that old crazy Asian war, but I was proud to go and do my patriotic chore - Kenny Rogers & the First Edition - Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town
157. Like the summer sunshine, pour your sweetness over me - The Archies - Sugar, Sugar

Now I know why the pub-quiz host thought we cheated the other week when we got "Sugar, Sugar" (from a sound clip that was easily at least a minute long).

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 02:59 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

A² wrote:

:green: :green: :green:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 05:13 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I won? Holy shit! As Sugar knows from my various PMs, I thought this was huge huge fun.
And I note with some alarm that, in looking at the "only guessed by 1 person" list, that many of the ones I picked up that others didn't, uh, demonstrate my advanced years. :D

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 05:47 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Woo hoo second place! (I did get second right? No one here is called "Final Scoreboard" are they?) Best showing ever!

Thanks for all the analysis too... I like seeing what were stumpers and one-offs.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 07:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Woohoo, 5th place!! Awesome game Sugar. Now I can stop running lyrics through my head trying to figure out what they are! :D

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 08:23 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'm also a bit horrified I missed Sugar Sugar, since I owned both of The Archies albums (um, on 8 track) :oops:

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 08:30 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

I had this one (on the list I forgot to send in) :roll:

(and I had it on a 45)

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 08:55 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Buckykatt wrote:
I'm also a bit horrified I missed Sugar Sugar, since I owned both of The Archies albums (um, on 8 track) :oops:

For shame! Seriously. Shame!

But congratulations otherwise. Woohoo, Bucky!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 09:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Oh man, I meant to buckle down on this this weekend. And then it turned into a shitstorm. (My weekend, not the quiz.)

Sorry I didn't submit, Sugar, and congrats, Bucky!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 10:18 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Oh yes, thank you, Sugar for doing this again. I enjoy it immensely, even while remaining lees-than-competitive.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 10:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

So Frog, you know I gotta ask---what was the one lyric you felt compelled to submit an answer for? the Weird Al one?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 10:43 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Buckykatt wrote:
So Frog, you know I gotta ask---what was the one lyric you felt compelled to submit an answer for? the Weird Al one?

Well, if you gotta know --

You ever get the feeling you belong to a different age?

Of course, the year previous it was an 80s metal album cover

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 10:44 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Great quiz
congrats
Surprised I got as much as I did in the short time I took.

I think we are well overdue a big quiz session again where we all do our own rounds, mucis can be allowed as well

nice one

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 12:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Thanks from me as well, Sugar. That was alot of fun.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 14:03 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

YKfail.

I didn't get too many this year, anyway (though some of the "only one person..." ones I would have had).

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 22:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Buckykatt wrote:
I won? Holy shit! As Sugar knows from my various PMs, I thought this was huge huge fun.
And I note with some alarm that, in looking at the "only guessed by 1 person" list, that many of the ones I picked up that others didn't, uh, demonstrate my advanced years. :D

Aw, sorry, katt. I could have kept that anonymous, but I wanted to give those people special recognition. Man, I wasn't really expecting anyone to get the "If" line. But, I was also worried that the line from "It's a Shame About Ray" wasn't memorable enough. So, you've got range! :)

Thanks, all, for playing!