FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 22:28

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: World Cup 2010
PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010, 12:22 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

alan smithee wrote:
Attachment:
dewey_defeats_truman-1-0.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010, 16:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

If he never receives the pass (intercepted, or someone onside plays it) they don't call the offside. It's like a touch-up rule.
I think.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010, 19:53 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Every 2010 World Cup goal (excluding penalty shootouts)

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2010, 23:03 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Toasty wrote:
If he never receives the pass (intercepted, or someone onside plays it) they don't call the offside.

Letter of the law, it's offside. But yeah, in bang-bang situations where the pass is effectively blocked, the assistant doesn't usually flag it.

It wasn't like Iniesta was Tevez-miles offside though. It was borderline. Assistant might very well have not flagged because he thought Iniesta was onside.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 02:42 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Philip wrote:
Toasty wrote:
If he never receives the pass (intercepted, or someone onside plays it) they don't call the offside.

Letter of the law, it's offside. But yeah, in bang-bang situations where the pass is effectively blocked, the assistant doesn't usually flag it.

It wasn't like Iniesta was Tevez-miles offside though. It was borderline. Assistant might very well have not flagged because he thought Iniesta was onside.

Agreed. And there really isn't any point debating about this anymore. Spain won, and it was well deserved. But the flak Holland is receiving in the (international) press is undeserved. There were some terrible fouls commited, but Spain made a few noteworthy as well, that have gone unpunished.
In the end the ref did a terrible job, but that doesn't change a thing about Spain just being the better team.

Better luck next time...

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 07:34 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Middle wrote:
Philip wrote:
Toasty wrote:

Agreed. And there really isn't any point debating about this anymore. Spain won, and it was well deserved. But the flak Holland is receiving in the (international) press is undeserved. There were some terrible fouls commited, but Spain made a few noteworthy as well, that have gone unpunished.
In the end the ref did a terrible job, but that doesn't change a thing about Spain just being the better team.

Better luck next time...

The ref was the best thing on the pitch. Sorry, but I just can't sympathise with the Dutch on this. The Dutch should have been down to 9 men, if the ref weren't lenient in the first place, and applying common sense. The Dutch team went out there to stop the Spanish playing, by whatever means necessary. The ref did very well to referee such a cynical, awful game. I totally agree with Cruijff on this (which makes a first time).

PostPosted: 14 Jul 2010, 03:15 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

F.N.G. wrote:
Middle wrote:
Philip wrote:
Toasty wrote:

Better luck next time...

The ref was the best thing on the pitch. Sorry, but I just can't sympathise with the Dutch on this. The Dutch should have been down to 9 men, if the ref weren't lenient in the first place, and applying common sense. The Dutch team went out there to stop the Spanish playing, by whatever means necessary. The ref did very well to referee such a cynical, awful game. I totally agree with Cruijff on this (which makes a first time).

I conquer.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 332 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14