FilmWise Forums
It is currently 20 Sep 2018, 16:30

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect
PostPosted: 25 Apr 2012, 11:14 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I just beat the game on insanity and in doing so completed 100% of the available xbox achievements. I have to say, insanity on ME3 was a cake walk compared to the nightmare insanity was on ME2. There were maybe 3 fights I had any trouble with at all and no threats even came close to being as frustrating as the praetorian.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2012, 05:17 

I decided to play through the whole series. I just finished part 1. I have a load of achievements I never completed. This time I got the one for completing the game on hardcore. That still leaves me with the insanity achievement and a bunch of the ones you get for playing through the majority of the game with various teammates.

I had forgotten some things about ME1 in the years since I had played it. The story was pretty great. What wasn't great was the incredibly clumsy fighting controls. Its amazing how refined those became in the sequels. All of the driving/fighting in the Mako was pretty lame, too.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2012, 02:12 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I still have to get ME3, but am currently too absorbed by Diablo 3. Added bonus is that I'll probably be able to get ME3 from the bargain bin.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2012, 03:36 

Middle wrote:
I still have to get ME3, but am currently too absorbed by Diablo 3. Added bonus is that I'll probably be able to get ME3 from the bargain bin.

Yeah, wait long enough and you can get the super version that has all the expansions included.

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2013, 05:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Anyone here aware of the Indoctrination Theory? The basic idea behind the theory is that

Spoiler for Massive spoilers ahead!
the whole endgame with Shepard on the Citadel is a dream, which starts with him/her being blasted by Harbinger back at the portal. It's a way for the Reapers to make Shepard believe he/she has fulfilled the mission, yet is being controlled to choose a direction which allows the Reapers to continue their mission of wiping out organic life. There's a huge amount of effort put into this by the fan community, making this one of the most elaborate conspiracy theories based on a fictional work. Which in itself is a great achievement by Bioware.

More information here, here and here

Or watch a (I kid not) documentary on the subject:

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2013, 21:43 

Middle wrote:
Anyone here aware of the Indoctrination Theory? The basic idea behind the theory is that

the whole endgame with Shepard on the Citadel is a dream, which starts with him/her being blasted by Harbinger back at the portal. It's a way for the Reapers to make Shepard believe he/she has fulfilled the mission, yet is being controlled to choose a direction which allows the Reapers to continue their mission of wiping out organic life. There's a huge amount of effort put into this by the fan community, making this one of the most elaborate conspiracy theories based on a fictional work. Which in itself is a great achievement by Bioware.

I haven't watched that doc but I am a believer in the indoctrination theory.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 01:23 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
No threats even came close to being as frustrating as the praetorian.

I found a multiple Banshee/Brute tagteam to be quite challenging. And that was on normal difficulty...

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2013, 01:26 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Middle wrote:

I haven't watched that doc but I am a believer in the indoctrination theory.

That was actually the third part/update. All docs are around 1.5 hours long. They put huge effort into combining everything and had to revise the whole principle for the extended cut. How was the ending in the regular cut, which caused such a shitstorm?

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2013, 11:12 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

How many of you played this series on XBox? I am still getting my ass handed to me in battle sequences... The aiming mechanisms are so poor (sooming in only zooms in a few yards... wtf?). I find the AI allies are almost useless (as with many games) while the enemy AI almost never miss... and are often killing me with a single shot at this stage. I heard people rave about how fun the MAAKO is, but so far, I am not seeing that to be the truth either.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2013, 17:11 

Toasty wrote:
How many of you played this series on XBox? I am still getting my ass handed to me in battle sequences... The aiming mechanisms are so poor (sooming in only zooms in a few yards... wtf?). I find the AI allies are almost useless (as with many games) while the enemy AI almost never miss... and are often killing me with a single shot at this stage. I heard people rave about how fun the MAAKO is, but so far, I am not seeing that to be the truth either.

The gameplay on ME1 is abysmal. It gets dramatically better for ME2 and is perfected by ME3. I'd even lower the difficulty level just to get through the fantastic story until you can make it to the next game.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 10:37 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:

The gameplay on ME1 is abysmal. It gets dramatically better for ME2 and is perfected by ME3. I'd even lower the difficulty level just to get through the fantastic story until you can make it to the next game.

:green:
Although I did all this on a pc, where mouse and keyboard worked a lot better, I guess.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 11:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:

Although I did all this on a pc, where mouse and keyboard worked a lot better, I guess.

YEah, I went online to look for walkthrough tips and someone did a whole lot on a PC where the zoom function on the MAAKO aiming was 10-20 x greater than I am getting on x-box. I waste a ton of shots and overheat all the time.
Maybe I just really suck at video games... damnit.

PostPosted: 03 Jul 2013, 11:20 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:

YEah, I went online to look for walkthrough tips and someone did a whole lot on a PC where the zoom function on the MAAKO aiming was 10-20 x greater than I am getting on x-box. I waste a ton of shots and overheat all the time.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2013, 05:37 

Toasty wrote:
Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:

You can say that again

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013, 11:15 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:
Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:

You can say that again

:lol:
Woops!

So I went online looking for more tips and shit and realized I've had access to grenades all aong (?!?!!!) eesh. Then I found out that I missed the opportunity with the consort by being too much of a pussy paragon. So, lesson learned is that it's not worth balancing between paragon and renegade (which I thought would offer me good options on either tact depending on scenario). But, I guess I should really go all the way one or the other for the full points, right?. Doubt it's worth restarting at this point.

I do seem to finally be getting better after upgrading to better armor and picking up Liara's biotics (singularity followed by marksman and overkill is the best).

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2013, 14:34 

Toasty wrote:
A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:
Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:

You can say that again

Woops!

So I went online looking for more tips and shit and realized I've had access to grenades all aong (?!?!!!) eesh. Then I found out that I missed the opportunity with the consort by being too much of a pussy paragon. So, lesson learned is that it's not worth balancing between paragon and renegade (which I thought would offer me good options on either tact depending on scenario). But, I guess I should really go all the way one or the other for the full points, right?. Doubt it's worth restarting at this point.

I do seem to finally be getting better after upgrading to better armor and picking up Liara's biotics (singularity followed by marksman and overkill is the best).

Man, you're going to be so much happier once you graduate to the next two games.

I'll give you a hint that may already be too late, but the more people you leave alive and/or help the more likely you are to see them return in the next two games, even very minor characters.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2013, 05:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:
A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:
Middle wrote:
A² wrote:
Toasty wrote:

You can say that again

Woops!

Man, you're going to be so much happier once you graduate to the next two games.

I'll give you a hint that may already be too late, but the more people you leave alive and/or help the more likely you are to see them return in the next two games, even very minor characters.

And whenever there's a Paragon/Renegade interruption available, be quick to use one (unless you're leaning specifically to one side, and the option seems to much to the other). Those increase your points the most.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2017, 16:52 

Anyone playing Andromeda?

I mostly am finding it frustrating and less than fun but I am also compelled to finish it and see how it ends. In related madness I'll likely play it all again once I'm finished so I can try out different choices, gender and romances

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2017, 08:46 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
I have a friend at work that is, but I've not played any of this series.
He seems to be consumed by Andromeda currently. Loves it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6