FilmWise Forums
It is currently 23 Jun 2018, 09:59

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mass Effect
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2012, 23:40 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

A² wrote:
Philip wrote:

I can't believe Oklahoma City isn't on the list

Obviously, they've been there. :D

Also, reversible cover revealed. I guess that's important for some people.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2012, 14:26 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

only 1 more week!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 23:09 

I just left work to go pick up a midnight release copy. Thank goodness its slow up here tonight, too, because I just happened to have brought my XBOX to work.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2012, 17:16 

I've managed about 7 hours, so far. My early thoughts are that I really like it but not quite as much as ME2, yet. I recognize that I've just begun to scratch the surface of what ME3 has to offer. I like that any class can caryy any weapon (I think) but the weight penalty on power usage bummed me out. I may end up liking that, in the end, as it has forced me to be much more deliberate about while weapons I decide to equip. I think I prefer the old point distribution system. I also don't like having to brun med packs to regain health. I think it should be able to regenerate on its own over time.

Edi spoiler
Spoiler
I don't know where her storyline is going to go, but I like the decision to give her a body. That's pretty cool.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 12:32 

Am I the only one playing this? What do you guys think?

I just hit the first really hard decision. It was on the "Cure the genophage" mission. What did you guys pick there?

Spoiler
I told the truth. It pisses me off to lose Mordin. I really liked him. I hope this doesn't mean I can't still get the Salarians on my side.

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 13:08 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

A² wrote:

I just hit the first really hard decision. It was on the "Cure the genophage" mission. What did you guys pick there?

Spoiler
I told the truth. It pisses me off to lose Mordin. I really liked him. I hope this doesn't mean I can't still get the Salarians on my side.

I'll play it when I've finished: Skyrim, Arkham City, Assassin's Creed: Revelations and Deus Ex. Gimme 6 months...

PostPosted: 08 Mar 2012, 14:25 

Udina spoiler:

Spoiler
Killing him was very satisfying. I've been waiting to do that for 3 games now.

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2012, 01:36 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:

I haven't got the game yet, but will get is as soon as I get back from South Africa, which will be another month. Chances are the price will have dropped a bit.
I do feel bad about not sharing the experience at the same time, which is always more fun...

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 15:48 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I won't make you suffer alone just finished the business with udina. I made the same decisions you did on both accounts. I love the dialogue I find myself cracking up all the time. what's your xbox name we'll hook up and clear some bases. what class do you like online?

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2012, 17:28 

A² wrote:

I've finished it. I'm disappointed. I didn't like the ending (the alternative didn't seem any better) and I didn't feel like the big decisions I'd made in the first two games really had any bearing on what happened.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 21:14 

enigmafa wrote:
I won't make you suffer alone just finished the business with udina. I made the same decisions you did on both accounts. I love the dialogue I find myself cracking up all the time. what's your xbox name we'll hook up and clear some bases. what class do you like online?

I've never played online. How does it differ from the single-player version? My name is Rascal Stallion.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2012, 21:15 

Philip wrote:
A² wrote:

I've finished it. I'm disappointed. I didn't like the ending (the alternative didn't seem any better) and I didn't feel like the big decisions I'd made in the first two games really had any bearing on what happened.

Bummer. I was becomming more and more confident that it wasn't as good as ME2, but I was holding out hope that it finished strong.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 03:48 

A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:

Bummer. I was becomming more and more confident that it wasn't as good as ME2, but I was holding out hope that it finished strong.

Did you finish it yet?

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 04:54 

Philip wrote:
A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:

Did you finish it yet?

Yeah, I was underwhelmed but I'm in the middle of my second playthrough, nonetheless. I'm afraid there's no way to get 100% completion without doing all the multiplayer stuff, so I may dip my toes in that, too.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 05:41 

A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:

Did you finish it yet?

Yeah, I was underwhelmed but I'm in the middle of my second playthrough, nonetheless. I'm afraid there's no way to get 100% completion without doing all the multiplayer stuff, so I may dip my toes in that, too.

I started another playthrough too (infiltrator this time; first go round was as a vanguard) but I'm really half-hearted about it and haven't got very far. Not to mention that Dark Souls is still holding my interest.

How did yours end? Here's mine:
Spoiler
Made it to the Citadel with Anderson but both in really bad shape. Chatted with Anderson for a bit then he died. Some sort of intelligent being in the form of a glowing kid showed up and gave me a choice: destroy all technology or synthesize all organic/synthetic life into the next phase of existence. Chose the former, even though I wasn't clear if it meant reset everything back to the stone age or just get rid of all Reaper tech. like the Citadel and the mass relays. Didn't feel qualified to choose option 2. Shit, didn't feel qualified to choose option 1. If this was would-you-rather, it was Anne Ramsey vs Linda Hunt.

Oh, and Shepard died :? and some old guy told a story to a kid by a tree.

I didn't play any multiplayer with that character. I thought I'd done pretty well getting all the assets but I guess not. And I never moved from 50% readiness either.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 08:53 

Philip wrote:
A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:

Did you finish it yet?

I started another playthrough too (infiltrator this time; first go round was as a vanguard) but I'm really half-hearted about it and haven't got very far. Not to mention that Dark Souls is still holding my interest.

How did yours end? Here's mine:
Spoiler
Made it to the Citadel with Anderson but both in really bad shape. Chatted with Anderson for a bit then he died. Some sort of intelligent being in the form of a glowing kid showed up and gave me a choice: destroy all technology or synthesize all organic/synthetic life into the next phase of existence. Chose the former, even though I wasn't clear if it meant reset everything back to the stone age or just get rid of all Reaper tech. like the Citadel and the mass relays. Didn't feel qualified to choose option 2. Shit, didn't feel qualified to choose option 1. If this was would-you-rather, it was Anne Ramsey vs Linda Hunt.

Oh, and Shepard died :? and some old guy told a story to a kid by a tree.

I didn't play any multiplayer with that character. I thought I'd done pretty well getting all the assets but I guess not. And I never moved from 50% readiness either.

My ending was identical to yours and my final choice was the same.

Spoiler
Did you also have Edi and Joker living happily ever after beginning new life on some pretty planet?

My 2nd playthrough was with a ME2 character who saved the whole Normandy crew. I was happy to run into Kelly Chambers in the refugee area and was really disappointed
Spoiler
to learn her fate following the Cerberus attack.

Mordin's fate-
Spoiler
I was disappointed to see no choice allows for Mordin to survive. At least my first time I wasn't the one who pulled the trigger.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 10:20 

A² wrote:
Spoiler
Did you also have Edi and Joker living happily ever after beginning new life on some pretty planet?

Spoiler
There was a scene where the Normandy crash-landed on a jungle-like planet and then Joker, Edi, and two other characters emerged from the ship. I think it was Garrus and Liara but couldn't swear to it.

A² wrote:
Mordin's fate-
Spoiler
I was disappointed to see no choice allows for Mordin to survive. At least my first time I wasn't the one who pulled the trigger.

Spoiler
I killed him and hated myself for it. Mordin was a good guy.

Other characters' fates:
Spoiler
Miranda died in the shoot-out with her father
Wrex found out that I was working with the Salarians and had tricked the Krogans with a fake genophage cure. He tried to kill me on the Citadel so I had to put an end to him. Bailey covered it up for me.
Thane was killed by Kai Leng but he was dying anyway.
I met Jack and Jacob and they seemed to be doing OK.
Grunt survived a big fight with the Rachni.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 12:23 

Philip wrote:
Other characters' fates:
Spoiler
Wrex found out that I was working with the Salarians and had tricked the Krogans with a fake genophage cure. He tried to kill me on the Citadel so I had to put an end to him. Bailey covered it up for me.

Spoiler
My first game both Miranda and Wrex survived through the end. Thane died in the hospital after the Kai Lang attack. Jack and Jacob survived, too. Kasumi faked her death and went on to help with the Crucible. Zaeed survived to be a war asset on play one and died protecting the volus ambassador.

Did you get the prothean DLC? The mission is kind of lame but the bonus character is awesome. I love his powers.

PostPosted: 29 Mar 2012, 18:55 

A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
Other characters' fates:
Spoiler

Spoiler
My first game both Miranda and Wrex survived through the end. Thane died in the hospital after the Kai Lang attack. Jack and Jacob survived, too. Kasumi faked her death and went on to help with the Crucible. Zaeed survived to be a war asset on play one and died protecting the volus ambassador.

Spoiler
I know I met Kasumi and did something but I can't remember how it all played out. I found Zaeed too and he was available as an asset but he didn't do anything else after that. I never encountered Kelly Chambers but I have a suspicion that the Shepard I imported didn't rescue her in ME2. I'll try with another import and see if she's available. My import had Ashley survive and Kaiden die in the attack on Virmire in ME1. She got beaten up early on but then she ended up becoming a specter.

A² wrote:
Did you get the prothean DLC? The mission is kind of lame but the bonus character is awesome. I love his powers.

Yeah, and I screwed up getting the achievement for collecting the intel. He was pretty good but the Protheans were dicks. Most of the time, I found Liara and either Tali or Garrus to be the best squad. Liara's biotics were really essential for me.

Did you score with anyone for the romance achievement? I did Samantha Traynor.
Spoiler
She came up to my cabin and took a shower in her underwear :/

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2012, 04:11 

Philip wrote:
Did you score with anyone for the romance achievement? I did Samantha Traynor.
Spoiler
She came up to my cabin and took a shower in her underwear :/

I continued a Miranda romance with my first play. My second character continued a Thane romance until, well, you know. Then She took that same shower with Traynor.

PostPosted: 30 Mar 2012, 10:06 

I just put in about 5 hours of multi-player play. I've got my galactic readiness up to 87% in 4 quadrants and 91% in the 5th one.

I hated it for my first 3 games. Once I got the hang of it I started to like it and it even got kind of addicting. I meant to quit 2 hours ago.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012, 10:40 

Ok, I'm all in on multiplayer now. I really like it.

Has anyone successfully hijacked an Atlas? Outside of the insanity challenges that's all I'm really lacking.

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2012, 10:41 

In London just before you use the Cain to take out the cannon I noticed the banshee I was fighting was Morinth.

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012, 06:50 

Bioware may be giving us a new ending after players complained about the original one

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/21/4108/

PostPosted: 07 Apr 2012, 08:46 

Indoctrination Theory (don't watch this until you have finished the game)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next