Post here when a video game pisses you off

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Bill
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Post here when a video game pisses you off

#1 Post by Bill » 28 Oct 2011, 12:35

Dear Dead Island,

You are oh so fun but why is it so g'damn impossible to kill a thug zombie? It alone took me 20 minutes to kill one, and I ended up using all of my weapons INCLUDING A FLIPPING LOADED REVOLVER WHICH APPARENTLY DOESN'T KILL THEM EVEN IF YOU SHOT THEM IN THE HEAD 400000000 TIMES.

Please stop it.

Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Re: Post here when a video game pisses you off

#2 Post by Dawson » 27 Feb 2015, 01:00

Dear New Games,

I love the geek out immerse yourself games like Skyrim, Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Games that you can play and play and play. I replay them on my X-box.

I recently brought a PS4 and the games look amazing. Yet when I buy a game, it seems I can finish it in a weekend. And now I hear that the Fallout/Skyrim games will not be remade for PS4.

Please give me a game which has an offline shelf life of over 20 hours!
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#3 Post by » 01 Mar 2015, 18:24

Dawson wrote:Dear New Games,

I love the geek out immerse yourself games like Skyrim, Elder Scrolls and Fallout. Games that you can play and play and play. I replay them on my X-box.

I recently brought a PS4 and the games look amazing. Yet when I buy a game, it seems I can finish it in a weekend. And now I hear that the Fallout/Skyrim games will not be remade for PS4.

Have you played Farcry? Its similar enough to those you mentioned that you would probably like it. I'm on my 2nd time through now and still having a lot of fun with it. It doesn't have nearly as much to do as Fallout or Elder Scrolls and there isn't nearly as much customization but its a very well made open world with a good story and plenty of side missions to keep you going. Taking out the fortresses is my favorite part. I try to going in all sneaky and see if I can take out an entire fortress without being detected.
The :) means it's all ok.

Dawson

#4 Post by Dawson » 02 Mar 2015, 02:06

A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:Dear New Games,

Have you played Farcry? Its similar enough to those you mentioned that you would probably like it. I'm on my 2nd time through now and still having a lot of fun with it. It doesn't have nearly as much to do as Fallout or Elder Scrolls and there isn't nearly as much customization but its a very well made open world with a good story and plenty of side missions to keep you going. Taking out the fortresses is my favorite part. I try to going in all sneaky and see if I can take out an entire fortress without being detected.
I'm playing FarCry4 now. Yeah, that seems a lot bigger, more sneaking, that I like. Would still love the new consoles to bring out versions of the Bethusda games I love. If you know of any more similar let me know! the Last of Us was brilliant, but finished as soon as I started getting into it.
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.