FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Sep 2018, 10:54

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 03:31 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Dawson wrote:
Fat Head wrote:
Dawson wrote:
My guy is level 39 from 70 hours play. My problem is I have is I love the sneak and Archery (80+ on both) but smithing, things like that I'm barely level 25. I need to up my other skills to level up quicker, but I have more fun being a sneaky fucker. Some of the quest are a bit annoying when you are just travelling around here and there and back again doing nothing else but talking.

I'm doing the dark brotherhood now, about to kill an emporer? also need to get a load of blood from different things and read the elder scroll on top the mountain.

Really liked the mage quests in Winterhold but thats all done now. blackreach seemed pretty pointless as well. A large area with nothing really to do.

also got about 13 shouts, only 3 of them mastered and holding about 6 dragon souls ready for more shouts.

Should i use these shouts? I hardly ever bother with them but dont really know how good they are. The only one that i have used was one that moved me forward very fast which enabled me to get through certain gates etc but the rest look to be poor compared to my normal magic (or am I wrong?)

I love the slow time (mastered) when I'm up against a decent bad guy, and the one that shows the auras so you can sort of see through walls is helpful. and the peace one when bears attack (I don't like killing bears) So yeah, I use the shouts a fair bit, but I'm not a magic fan and stay away from that so it's 5 of one, half dozen of the other I guess.

The only shouts I ever use are the freezing one or the slow time one. The ethereal one is pretty handy when you are on top of something high and want to get down in a hurry. You can just shout it and step off a cliff and land with no damage. The throw your voice one can be fun in a dungeon when you are sneaking and your enemies are seeking you.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 03:34 

This is reminding me of some magic spells I miss from previous games. Morrowind had one that let you levitate. It was really handy for getting up in high places. I miss telekinesis, too. You can still do it in Skyrim, but it takes so much magic to cast that I have never been able to use it. I also really miss the armor enchantment "reflect damage." That was a great one to put on your armor. You could kill some foes without ever having to hit them. My favorite new spell, by far, is transmutate.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 03:51 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

I hardly ever use a spell, I like the Sanguin Rose staff when I'm in trouble, and some of the scrolls. Also use the one that shows you the path when I'm a little lost.

I'll do my smithing this evening I think, try and build that up.

Also, I have stopped ever taking a companion along, as when I'm sneaking around, they just charge in right in front of me and I hit them more than anyone else. Levelling up the bow has been awesome as well as now I have slow motion, quick pull, upped everything I can so far. Next I'lllevel up my sneak to the max so I should be a complete badass.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 00:37 

help needed!!!

So I'm 72 hours in, about to overun Solitude, so I'm told to make the head guy give up. Big fight, get in there and... nothing. He just talks to me, as if we are not attacking, am I doing something wrong? If this glitch means I gotta start again then I'll cry!

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 01:41 

Dawson wrote:
help needed!!!

So I'm 72 hours in, about to overun Solitude, so I'm told to make the head guy give up. Big fight, get in there and... nothing. He just talks to me, as if we are not attacking, am I doing something wrong? If this glitch means I gotta start again then I'll cry!

Do you have an earlier save you can load and retry? Are you talking about the revolution quests? I had to wait for the leader of my side to show up before I could deal with the leader.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 01:52 

A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:
help needed!!!

Do you have an earlier save you can load and retry? Are you talking about the revolution quests? I had to wait for the leader of my side to show up before I could deal with the leader.

Yeah, revolution. And I have tried other saves. Me, the boss anda few others all storm the place killing the imperials. Then I am meant to go through a door and force the imperial leader to quit. When i get in there all I can do is chat to him about skyrim and how hes doing. I'm hoping maybe I need to do something else first, some other stormcloak thing as I think Solitude is one of the last. I'll keep trying, there are some other stormcloak quests I can do as well, was just hoping someone else had the same problem

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 08:03 

Fixed, did it about 5 times, did another quest, came back.. done.

I'm starting to run out of quests now though, and only level 40.. will have to do something to level up before finishnig the main stuff or I'll get bored

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 08:34 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Dawson wrote:

I'm starting to run out of quests now though, and only level 40.. will have to do something to level up before finishnig the main stuff or I'll get bored

Um... try talking to some more people? Join some guilds?

I am level 48 with barely any guild progression and only about 1/3 of the main quest done.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 08:47 

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

I am level 48 with barely any guild progression and only about 1/3 of the main quest done.

Damn. I have finished the Winterhold, Companions and Civil War quests. Halfway through Dark Brotherhood. 2 thirds through the main quest. I just need to use more stuff to level up more instead of just trying to max the 2 things I love. I'll have a wander though

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 13:22 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Damn. I have finished the Winterhold, Companions and Civil War quests. Halfway through Dark Brotherhood. 2 thirds through the main quest. I just need to use more stuff to level up more instead of just trying to max the 2 things I love. I'll have a wander though

If you're a light armour user, use some heavy for a while and vice versa. Use a shield and do some blocking against crap enemies like bears or skeevers. I must have levelled about three times in five mins by just letting bear pound me and fast healing.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 13:26 

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

If you're a light armour user, use some heavy for a while and vice versa. Use a shield and do some blocking against crap enemies like bears or skeevers. I must have levelled about three times in five mins by just letting bear pound me and fast healing.

ok, get pounded hard, check :o

I have loads I can do to level up. I just wanna sneak (lev 85) and do my archery (level 83) but I will try and change all that

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 13:30 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

I have loads I can do to level up. I just wanna sneak (lev 85) and do my archery (level 83) but I will try and change all that

I sneak pretty much all the time and use archery when sneaking. But then switch to one hand and destruction magic (or shield for harder enemies) for close quarters. Sneak is 78 and archery 80. I find concentrating on a few things for too long is really limiting. If you're trying to stay true to your character, how about getting a kick ass dagger (like Mehrune's razor) for close quarters?

I'm going to give two handed a go for a while - I only have level 25. That should tip me over the 50 mark.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 13:32 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Dawson wrote:

F.N.G. wrote:
I'm going to give two handed a go for a while

fnar, fnar²

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 13:33 

I've got Mehrunes, it is pretty sweet, but I never do shield work. also have a decent warhammer of flames I can use. Cheers. Maybe do some spells as well, let a flame or wolf thingy help me for a bit

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 14:17 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Dawson wrote:
I've got Mehrunes, it is pretty sweet, but I never do shield work. also have a decent warhammer of flames I can use. Cheers. Maybe do some spells as well, let a flame or wolf thingy help me for a bit

Oh, also find and select the Lover's Stone = 15% extra levelling.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 14:19 

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Oooh, neve even heard of that, wouldn't know where to look, but by god I shall find it

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2012, 22:07 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Oooh, neve even heard of that, wouldn't know where to look, but by god I shall find it

It's one of the stone circles that you can find scattered around. If you're focusing on a particular set of skills, you can also find the Mage (+20% leveling - magic skills), Thief (+20% leveling - stealth) and Warrior (+20% leveling - combat).

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 04:41 

Level 50 now and glitches all over the place.

1: Find Paneas flute. I found it about 50 hours ago. She won't let me give it to her (sounds like my first time)

2: Find this sword. I found it and sold it months ago. It's come back on my task list

3: Help this gal escape a cave. She got to the end and just waits there. I can't get close enough to her as I exit the cave first. Its really annoying.

On the plus side, I'm level 100 sneak and Archery, and still got a fair bit of the dark brotherhood and main quests to do. Can I just restart due to these glitches after 100 hours of play?

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 08:24 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Dawson wrote:

1: Find Paneas flute. I found it about 50 hours ago. She won't let me give it to her (sounds like my first time)
:green: Same here

2: Find this sword. I found it and sold it months ago. It's come back on my task list
The shop will still have it.

3: Help this gal escape a cave. She got to the end and just waits there. I can't get close enough to her as I exit the cave first. Its really annoying.
Do a full (level 3) dragon push shout thing on her to make her fly out.

On the plus side, I'm level 100 sneak and Archery, and still got a fair bit of the dark brotherhood and main quests to do. Can I just restart due to these glitches after 100 hours of play?
:red: Hell no! Never give up, never surrender!

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 08:26 

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Awesome, I'm close to making it harder as well, as my level and weaponry is so awesoem now nothing is really match for me. completely left out companions as they just get in the way. Maybe next play I will do it on the harder level.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 11:33 

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

:green:
A couple of the other quests for the Bard's college were glitched for me too.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 11:38 

Philip wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

:green:
A couple of the other quests for the Bard's college were glitched for me too.

an annoying thing is, once I thought I was flying through the game too fast, I went wandering, now I get a quest, and it's already done!

I have some nifty jesters clothes though

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 13:31 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Come across a two hand Forsowrn Briarheart yet? That's hard (one shot me with full Daedric armour)

Awesome, I'm close to making it harder as well, as my level and weaponry is so awesoem now nothing is really match for me. completely left out companions as they just get in the way. Maybe next play I will do it on the harder level.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 23:32 

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Come across a two hand Forsowrn Briarheart yet? That's hard (one shot me with full Daedric armour)

not seen that yet i think, but im not really looking, just want the best bow ever

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 01:08 

Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

not seen that yet i think, but im not really looking, just want the best bow ever

Daedric? Hand-crafted and reinforced under the influence of smith-boosting potions (alchemized while wearing the best potion-making buffs), wearing the best smithing buffs.

Forsworn Briarhearts were about the toughest regular opponents in the game for me. It's especially bad when they have a couple of mages with them, spamming fireballs/ice.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next