FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 19:18

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 01:11 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Philip wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Level 50 now and glitches all over the place.

1: Find Paneas flute. I found it about 50 hours ago. She won't let me give it to her (sounds like my first time)
:green: Same here

2: Find this sword. I found it and sold it months ago. It's come back on my task list
The shop will still have it.

3: Help this gal escape a cave. She got to the end and just waits there. I can't get close enough to her as I exit the cave first. Its really annoying.
Do a full (level 3) dragon push shout thing on her to make her fly out.

On the plus side, I'm level 100 sneak and Archery, and still got a fair bit of the dark brotherhood and main quests to do. Can I just restart due to these glitches after 100 hours of play?
:red: Hell no! Never give up, never surrender!

Come across a two hand Forsowrn Briarheart yet? That's hard (one shot me with full Daedric armour)

Awesome, I'm close to making it harder as well, as my level and weaponry is so awesoem now nothing is really match for me. completely left out companions as they just get in the way. Maybe next play I will do it on the harder level.

not seen that yet i think, but im not really looking, just want the best bow ever

Daedric? Hand-crafted and reinforced under the influence of smith-boosting potions (alchemized while wearing the best potion-making buffs), wearing the best smithing buffs.

Forsworn Briarhearts were about the toughest regular opponents in the game for me. It's especially bad when they have a couple of mages with them, spamming fireballs/ice.

Hardly found any daedric stuff, I got one deadric bow but i wasted it by enchanting with a soul catcher, not extra damage. I found the falmers at first the hardest, but now they are a piece of piss. The forsworn are pretty awesome and making the best challenge. My smithing is up to about 50 but it feelsl ike cheating to level up. The best thing I found was that book that levelled up about 10 things, taking me from 43 to about 46 in one shot. That was pretty cool

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 02:28 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Dawson wrote:
Philip wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

1: Find Paneas flute. I found it about 50 hours ago. She won't let me give it to her (sounds like my first time)

2: Find this sword. I found it and sold it months ago. It's come back on my task list

3: Help this gal escape a cave. She got to the end and just waits there. I can't get close enough to her as I exit the cave first. Its really annoying.

On the plus side, I'm level 100 sneak and Archery, and still got a fair bit of the dark brotherhood and main quests to do. Can I just restart due to these glitches after 100 hours of play?

Come across a two hand Forsowrn Briarheart yet? That's hard (one shot me with full Daedric armour)

Awesome, I'm close to making it harder as well, as my level and weaponry is so awesoem now nothing is really match for me. completely left out companions as they just get in the way. Maybe next play I will do it on the harder level.

not seen that yet i think, but im not really looking, just want the best bow ever

Daedric? Hand-crafted and reinforced under the influence of smith-boosting potions (alchemized while wearing the best potion-making buffs), wearing the best smithing buffs.

Forsworn Briarhearts were about the toughest regular opponents in the game for me. It's especially bad when they have a couple of mages with them, spamming fireballs/ice.

Hardly found any daedric stuff, I got one deadric bow but i wasted it by enchanting with a soul catcher, not extra damage. I found the falmers at first the hardest, but now they are a piece of piss. The forsworn are pretty awesome and making the best challenge. My smithing is up to about 50 but it feelsl ike cheating to level up. The best thing I found was that book that levelled up about 10 things, taking me from 43 to about 46 in one shot. That was pretty cool

I went the smithing/enchanting/alchemy route and you definitely end up over-powered. Even at max difficulty, I was just plowing through enemies with daedric weapons and armor (all doubly-enchanted), and they were barely even scratching me. I started a new character a while back, going with a stealth/mage type but I haven't loaded up Skyrim in ages. Mostly, I've been having far too much fun with Dark Souls.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 02:30 

Philip wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Philip wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

I went the smithing/enchanting/alchemy route and you definitely end up over-powered. Even at max difficulty, I was just plowing through enemies with daedric weapons and armor (all doubly-enchanted), and they were barely even scratching me. I started a new character a while back, going with a stealth/mage type but I haven't loaded up Skyrim in ages. Mostly, I've been having far too much fun with Dark Souls.

Dark souls? thats next on my list, i like to be immersed hidden away playing for days

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2012, 18:53 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Speaking of glitches, there are only 3 plaguing my level 54 Dark Elf. I found a copy of Souls Black and White long before I got the quest for it. I thought I was helping myself for later. Now I can't give or drop the book and the copy that the marker leads to is not there. I also cleared out the Riften Skooma den long before that quest was given. I can't finish that quest now, either. I may have messed myself up there by finishing the Civil War quest while all these others were open. Some of the quest giving leaders were removed from power and now they can't end my quest. In the town with the nightmares I followed the priest guy to the tomb but when I go in the only entrance I can find a room with no doors and he's on the other side of the wall.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 01:42 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

A² wrote:
Speaking of glitches, there are only 3 plaguing my level 54 Dark Elf. I found a copy of Souls Black and White long before I got the quest for it. I thought I was helping myself for later. Now I can't give or drop the book and the copy that the marker leads to is not there. I also cleared out the Riften Skooma den long before that quest was given. I can't finish that quest now, either. I may have messed myself up there by finishing the Civil War quest while all these others were open. Some of the quest giving leaders were removed from power and now they can't end my quest. In the town with the nightmares I followed the priest guy to the tomb but when I go in the only entrance I can find a room with no doors and he's on the other side of the wall.

He's on the other side? I think that one's gone too. He needs to open it for you to both go across.

I've been playing it very cautiously in terms of clearing out places (used to Bethesda buggyness). I discover a place and then leave it alone. The way I look at it, every place has a purpose, so I'll wait until I know the purpose. I know this takes away some of the random dungeon fun, but (touch wood) will hopefully stop frustration later.

It got really buggy on me last night. Was doing the penultimate (I assume) Thieves Guild quest and it slowed down massively. I think the map size was just too big, with too many enemies to cope with. They'd be better splitting maps up more, I know it's more load time, but at least it'll run smooth. I'm looking forward to/dreading Borderlands 2 for this reason. They say the entire world will be one open map... could be a problem.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 06:56 

I only have the final dark brotherhood and the end of the main quest to do. Finally found the stone to up my skill levels quicker so could be good but i am level 50 and used all my level ups on archery and sneak so only now starting on smithing to get the daedric

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 08:35 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Dawson wrote:
I only have the final dark brotherhood and the end of the main quest to do. Finally found the stone to up my skill levels quicker so could be good but i am level 50 and used all my level ups on archery and sneak so only now starting on smithing to get the daedric

Only? I'm Level 56 and have loads of quests left (and have not got near the end of the Dark Brotherhood or main quest) left. Have you done all of the companions, thieves guide and side quests?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 09:15 

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Only? I'm Level 56 and have loads of quests left (and have not got near the end of the Dark Brotherhood or main quest) left. Have you done all of the companions, thieves guide and side quests?

Dunno, how would I know if I have?

Done all the thieves and mages. 10 daedric i think. There are always more quests to do. I spent too early doing the main stuff I think. Companions all I'm left with is the stupid ask for work but I think it only says I have completely finished 3 main quests altogether?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 14:26 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Ask for work. Ask barpeople about rumours. Talk to everyone.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 14:42 

F.N.G. wrote:
Ask for work. Ask barpeople about rumours. Talk to everyone.

Yeah, I still have a shedload of shouts to find, so I know I got a bit to do yet.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 15:39 

I remembered another glitch I'm encountering, but I can't fault the game for it. I have been collecting every red apple and tomato I have encountered and then dumping them into the closet at my Windhelm house. I have thousands of them, by now, I'm sure. Any time I enter the house the game slows waaay down.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2012, 18:33 

Every time I went from the house in Whiterun towards the shops, there was point where I'd be running along and the game would pause for a second or two. After that everything was fine again. Also, for some reason, I could never run up the stairs cleanly in the house in Whiterun. The top step was broken or something.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2012, 23:35 

Philip wrote:
Every time I went from the house in Whiterun towards the shops, there was point where I'd be running along and the game would pause for a second or two. After that everything was fine again. Also, for some reason, I could never run up the stairs cleanly in the house in Whiterun. The top step was broken or something.

Ha. I have that same problem ont he Whiterun stairs.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 13:49 

ok, daedric quests, how do I know which ones I have done?

I have done this whole game a complete arse around tits way. I basically did all the main quests, just sneaking and archery, so my level was only 50 once almost everything already done. Now I'm almost scared to wander in case I finish something I shouldn't.

Need something big to do, if I'm a stormcloack, can I go for the things where on the map it looks like the start up picture. I think those are imperial camps?

Next time I play 'm doing things completely differently.

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2012, 15:18 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

I think they are Inperials, but at the same time I don't think they are instantly hostile. And if they are? So what? You're hard enough.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 14:03 

F.N.G. wrote:
I think they are Inperials, but at the same time I don't think they are instantly hostile. And if they are? So what? You're hard enough.

yeah but I didn't want to attack in case its a later quest.. now I know, they're toast.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2012, 14:22 

Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:

yeah but I didn't want to attack in case its a later quest.. now I know, they're toast.

I've found that whenever I come across a camp and kill everyone that the leader never dies. You kill them and they just get staggered on the ground for an 8-count or whatever and then they get back up. You can (I believe) attack every camp you want with impunity.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 03:59 

Whats the highest level anyone has got to? I'm about 110 hours in and a level 56 now, gonna run out of things to improve at some point (got 3 at 100, a few more at 90+) so is level 100 possible?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 06:23 

Dawson wrote:
Whats the highest level anyone has got to? I'm about 110 hours in and a level 56 now, gonna run out of things to improve at some point (got 3 at 100, a few more at 90+) so is level 100 possible?

I've been thinking about that. I was contemplating starting a new game where I don't level up until I have paid for 5 training sessions in the skills I never use.

In the game I'm currently playing (where I'm trying to knock out all the XBOX achievements and finish every quest available) I'm level 59. About 5 levels ago I switched from light armor and one-armed weapons to heavy armor and a battleaxe.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 06:25 

A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:

I've been thinking about that. I was contemplating starting a new game where I don't level up until I have paid for 5 training sessions in the skills I never use.

In the game I'm currently playing (where I'm trying to knock out all the XBOX achievements and finish every quest available) I'm level 59. About 5 levels ago I switched from light armor and one-armed weapons to heavy armor and a battleaxe.

I'm now just waiting to build my dragon armor, if thats heavy then I'll be awesome. Im now on sword and sheild as bow is 100 and blocking is only about 40

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 08:25 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:

I'm now just waiting to build my dragon armor, if thats heavy then I'll be awesome. Im now on sword and sheild as bow is 100 and blocking is only about 40

There's heavy and light. Daedric armour looks more badass though.

Dawson, if you leveled everything to 100, you'd be level 81. I'm 62.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 14:19 

Fuck. I just realized that I can't get the Deadric Artifact achievement because of the glitch in my Waking Nightmare quest.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 14:28 
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum

A² wrote:
Fuck. I just realized that I can't get the Deadric Artifact achievement because of the glitch in my Waking Nightmare quest.

Do any of the solutions here help?

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 15:57 

A² wrote:

Patch 1.4 was released today for XBox. Supposedly it fixes some quest glitches so here's hoping.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2012, 23:35 

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:

There's heavy and light. Daedric armour looks more badass though.

Dragonscale is light, dragonplate is heavy. Daedric not only looks better, it has higher defense (and weight).

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson, if you leveled everything to 100, you'd be level 81. I'm 62.

53 here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next