Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Message
Author
User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#176 Post by Dawson » 09 Feb 2012, 23:45

Philip wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:Whats the highest level anyone has got to? I'm about 110 hours in and a level 56 now, gonna run out of things to improve at some point (got 3 at 100, a few more at 90+) so is level 100 possible?
I've been thinking about that. I was contemplating starting a new game where I don't level up until I have paid for 5 training sessions in the skills I never use.

In the game I'm currently playing (where I'm trying to knock out all the XBOX achievements and finish every quest available) I'm level 59. About 5 levels ago I switched from light armor and one-armed weapons to heavy armor and a battleaxe.
I'm now just waiting to build my dragon armor, if thats heavy then I'll be awesome. Im now on sword and sheild as bow is 100 and blocking is only about 40
There's heavy and light. Daedric armour looks more badass though.
Dragonscale is light, dragonplate is heavy. Daedric not only looks better, it has higher defense (and weight).
F.N.G. wrote:Dawson, if you leveled everything to 100, you'd be level 81. I'm 62.
53 here.
hmmm, I'll try both. I'm still finding quite a bit to do, and still have the main quest. My latest problem is I dropped all my thieves guild stuff somewhere, now I can't upgrade. And there are dragons absolutely everywhere lately, all the ancient ones, who like to kick my ass
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#177 Post by » 10 Feb 2012, 21:24

Philip wrote:
A² wrote:Fuck. I just realized that I can't get the Deadric Artifact achievement because of the glitch in my Waking Nightmare quest.
Patch 1.4 was released today for XBox. Supposedly it fixes some quest glitches so here's hoping.
No luck. On the bright side, the only achievements I have left besides the Daedric one is to restore the glory of the theives guild. ooh boy, that one is tedious.
The :) means it's all ok.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#178 Post by Philip » 12 Feb 2012, 02:27

A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:Fuck. I just realized that I can't get the Deadric Artifact achievement because of the glitch in my Waking Nightmare quest.
Patch 1.4 was released today for XBox. Supposedly it fixes some quest glitches so here's hoping.
No luck. On the bright side, the only achievements I have left besides the Daedric one is to restore the glory of the theives guild. ooh boy, that one is tedious.
Sucks. I know someone else who got hit with a glitch on the very same quest; he's supposed to talk to the guy to trigger the next step in the quest but he doesn't offer the necessary dialog option.

That thieves' guild final quest was very tedious. To make matters worse, I didn't realize that I could reject/abandon missions without implications so for a while, I was doing everything, even jobs in the cities that I'd already completed.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#179 Post by » 12 Feb 2012, 02:29

A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:Fuck. I just realized that I can't get the Deadric Artifact achievement because of the glitch in my Waking Nightmare quest.
Patch 1.4 was released today for XBox. Supposedly it fixes some quest glitches so here's hoping.
No luck. On the bright side, the only achievements I have left besides the Daedric one is to restore the glory of the theives guild. ooh boy, that one is tedious.
I finally got the thieves guild achievement tonight.
Spoiler
I don't know if it is the same for everyone, but I had to complete 35 jobs for Devlin and Vex to unlock all the missions to restore the guild to its former glory. Once you become master of the guild you get a pretty sweet set of armor. Its not as good as the kind you can make for yourself but still pretty cool.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#180 Post by » 12 Feb 2012, 02:32

Philip wrote:
A² wrote:
Philip wrote:
A² wrote:Fuck. I just realized that I can't get the Deadric Artifact achievement because of the glitch in my Waking Nightmare quest.
Patch 1.4 was released today for XBox. Supposedly it fixes some quest glitches so here's hoping.
No luck. On the bright side, the only achievements I have left besides the Daedric one is to restore the glory of the theives guild. ooh boy, that one is tedious.
Sucks. I know someone else who got hit with a glitch on the very same quest; he's supposed to talk to the guy to trigger the next step in the quest but he doesn't offer the necessary dialog option.

That thieves' guild final quest was very tedious. To make matters worse, I didn't realize that I could reject/abandon missions without implications so for a while, I was doing everything, even jobs in the cities that I'd already completed.
I didn't realize the quest was unlocked by doing the jobs in certain cities, I thought it was just a number of jobs I was working towards. I should have read up on the quest before tackling it (but that's no fun.)
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#181 Post by » 29 Feb 2012, 11:18

100%
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#182 Post by F.N.G. » 29 Feb 2012, 12:11

A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#183 Post by » 29 Feb 2012, 13:45

F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#184 Post by F.N.G. » 29 Feb 2012, 14:19

A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
Ah yeah, the dream staff one, you said. Nice one. Not long now 'til DLC, then you can start all over again!
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#185 Post by » 29 Feb 2012, 17:03

F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
Ah yeah, the dream staff one, you said. Nice one. Not long now 'til DLC, then you can start all over again!
When I shut down the XBOX this morning I was wondering when the DLC would come out. I'll probably just continue using my Deadric quest character for that. He is a massive Redguard I named Ibaka.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#186 Post by Dawson » 01 Mar 2012, 08:46

A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
Ah yeah, the dream staff one, you said. Nice one. Not long now 'til DLC, then you can start all over again!
When I shut down the XBOX this morning I was wondering when the DLC would come out. I'll probably just continue using my Deadric quest character for that. He is a massive Redguard I named Ibaka.
Is that the googlewack staff?

I've kinda given up for a while, im level 66 and just wandering levelling everything up whch is pretty boring. Plus there are a couple of glitches so i may finish it up then just start again
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#187 Post by F.N.G. » 01 Mar 2012, 09:00

Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
Ah yeah, the dream staff one, you said. Nice one. Not long now 'til DLC, then you can start all over again!
When I shut down the XBOX this morning I was wondering when the DLC would come out. I'll probably just continue using my Deadric quest character for that. He is a massive Redguard I named Ibaka.
Is that the googlewack staff?

I've kinda given up for a while, im level 66 and just wandering levelling everything up whch is pretty boring. Plus there are a couple of glitches so i may finish it up then just start again
Wabbajack? No, the Skull of Corruption (the Dawnstar quest)
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#188 Post by Dawson » 01 Mar 2012, 09:03

F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
Ah yeah, the dream staff one, you said. Nice one. Not long now 'til DLC, then you can start all over again!
When I shut down the XBOX this morning I was wondering when the DLC would come out. I'll probably just continue using my Deadric quest character for that. He is a massive Redguard I named Ibaka.
Is that the googlewack staff?

I've kinda given up for a while, im level 66 and just wandering levelling everything up whch is pretty boring. Plus there are a couple of glitches so i may finish it up then just start again
Wabbajack? No, the Skull of Corruption (the Dawnstar quest)
ok, thats something else for me to try, I'll have a wander tonight...

has anyone found all of the jewels for the thieves guild? i think I've only found 7 or 8, but thats with no help other than me looking around
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34591
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#189 Post by sldawgs » 01 Mar 2012, 09:07

Dawson wrote:the googlewack staff?
Is that what you call surfing the interwebs for porn these days?
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#190 Post by » 01 Mar 2012, 09:12

Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
Ah yeah, the dream staff one, you said. Nice one. Not long now 'til DLC, then you can start all over again!
When I shut down the XBOX this morning I was wondering when the DLC would come out. I'll probably just continue using my Deadric quest character for that. He is a massive Redguard I named Ibaka.
Is that the googlewack staff?

I've kinda given up for a while, im level 66 and just wandering levelling everything up whch is pretty boring. Plus there are a couple of glitches so i may finish it up then just start again
Wabbajack? No, the Skull of Corruption (the Dawnstar quest)
ok, thats something else for me to try, I'll have a wander tonight...

has anyone found all of the jewels for the thieves guild? i think I've only found 7 or 8, but thats with no help other than me looking around
I never found all the jewels. The two quests I couldn't get interested enough to pursue were that one and the red ninroots.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#191 Post by Dawson » 01 Mar 2012, 09:14

A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
Ah yeah, the dream staff one, you said. Nice one. Not long now 'til DLC, then you can start all over again!
When I shut down the XBOX this morning I was wondering when the DLC would come out. I'll probably just continue using my Deadric quest character for that. He is a massive Redguard I named Ibaka.
Is that the googlewack staff?

I've kinda given up for a while, im level 66 and just wandering levelling everything up whch is pretty boring. Plus there are a couple of glitches so i may finish it up then just start again
Wabbajack? No, the Skull of Corruption (the Dawnstar quest)
ok, thats something else for me to try, I'll have a wander tonight...

has anyone found all of the jewels for the thieves guild? i think I've only found 7 or 8, but thats with no help other than me looking around
I never found all the jewels. The two quests I couldn't get interested enough to pursue were that one and the red ninroots.
the red ninroots, that quest sucked, but I did it, you get some money and a ninroots book I think.. wowzers!
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
F.N.G.
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
Posts: 18902
Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Gender: Male
Location: hiding under my desk...
Contact:

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#192 Post by F.N.G. » 01 Mar 2012, 09:22

Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:
F.N.G. wrote:
A² wrote:100%
All achievements done? What level did you get to?

I'm L72 and beginning to run out of stuff to do (well, it feels that way anyway).
I started and stopped 6 games. I have characters as low as the 20s and as high as 66. My level 66 guy is the one I was trying to do every single quest in the game with but i hit some glitches on a few quests. I still had one achievement to go (daedric walker) so i started a new game to get that one. I finally finished up this morning.
Ah yeah, the dream staff one, you said. Nice one. Not long now 'til DLC, then you can start all over again!
When I shut down the XBOX this morning I was wondering when the DLC would come out. I'll probably just continue using my Deadric quest character for that. He is a massive Redguard I named Ibaka.
Is that the googlewack staff?

I've kinda given up for a while, im level 66 and just wandering levelling everything up whch is pretty boring. Plus there are a couple of glitches so i may finish it up then just start again
Wabbajack? No, the Skull of Corruption (the Dawnstar quest)
ok, thats something else for me to try, I'll have a wander tonight...

has anyone found all of the jewels for the thieves guild? i think I've only found 7 or 8, but thats with no help other than me looking around
I never found all the jewels. The two quests I couldn't get interested enough to pursue were that one and the red ninroots.
the red ninroots, that quest sucked, but I did it, you get some money and a ninroots book I think.. wowzers!
I've not even started the red nirnroots quest - where do you get that?
22/24 stones so far. Not gone out of my way, just finding them as I go.
I hate purity. Hate goodness. I don't want virtue to exist anywhere. I want everyone corrupt.

User avatar
Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
Posts: 11389
Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Gender: Male
Location: Goon Docks

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#193 Post by Dawson » 01 Mar 2012, 09:27

Its in the underworld place, where everything looks weird. You go in a hut and start the quest, its mind numbingly boring
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

User avatar
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Posts: 15340
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 23:39
Gender: Male
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#194 Post by Scruluce » 01 Mar 2012, 09:29

I haven't played this at all, but I thought you guys would appreciate and enjoy this:

...unless something better's on TV

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35061
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (*warning: may be spoilers*)

#195 Post by » 09 Sep 2017, 19:32

If any of you play this on the PC, I highly recommend dusting it off and giving it another spin. I downloaded a ton of mods and it is almost like getting a whole new game. I have new characters, new quests, new animals, even a whole new way to start the game that completely circumvents Helgen. You get to choose where and how you start the game and don't even encounter any dragons until you visit Helgen for the first time. I am playing a long game where I advance as an unknown through the thieves and assassins guilds before I ever become famous as the dragonborn.
The :) means it's all ok.

Post Reply