Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Final Scoreboard

Buckykatt = 172
Dawson & Scruluce = 156
spymeg = 105
BubbyChubs = 49
Fat Head = 12
Steel Frog = 2

Congratulations, Buckykatt! Thanks, everyone, for playing. I promise I'll try not to suck next time.

So Dawson and I still won since Bucky contributed lyrics, right? : lol:
WD Bucky

No. Bucky didn't contribute any lyrics. Mazer was the one who helped me write the quiz. Which reminds me - thanks again, Mazer! :)

Last edited by Sugarpuss O'Shea on 04 Mar 2012, 21:05, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 21:04 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Final Scoreboard

Buckykatt = 172
Dawson & Scruluce = 156
spymeg = 105
BubbyChubs = 49
Fat Head = 12
Steel Frog = 2

Congratulations, Buckykatt! Thanks, everyone, for playing. I promise I'll try not to suck next time.

So Dawson and I still won since Bucky contributed lyrics, right? : lol:
WD Bucky

No. Bucky didn't contribute any lyrics. Mazer was the one who helped me write the quiz. Which reminds me - thanks again, Mazer! :)

spoil all my fun...

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 21:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Lyrics solved by only 1 person or team (everybody had at least one - even Steel Frog!):

9. I don't feel tardy - Van Halen - Hot for Teacher (Buckykatt)
10. And who was wrong? And who was right? It didn't matter in the thick of the fight. - Billy Joel - Goodnight Saigon (Dawson & Scruluce)
12. Hey boy, take a look at me, let me dirty up your mind - Garbage - Queer (Dawson & Scruluce)
13. There's battle lines being drawn, and nobody's right if everybody's wrong - Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth (Buckykatt)
17. You crave attention, you can never say no, throw your affections any way the wind blows - Billy Squier - Everybody Wants You (spymeg)
25. Don't let 'em tell you that there's too much noise, they're too old to really understand - Kiss - Shout It Out Loud (Buckykatt)
26. The harvest left no food for you to eat - Mumford & Sons - The Cave (Dawson & Scruluce)
28. Instead of being my deliverance, she had a strange resemblance to a cat named Frankenstein - Sam Cooke - Another Saturday Night (Dawson & Scruluce)
29. The redhead said you shred the cello - Weezer - El Scorcho (Dawson & Scruluce)
31. He took her home to meet his mama and papa. Man, they had a terrible fight. - Stories - Brother Louie (Buckykatt)
33. We'll search for tomorrow on every shore - Styx - Come Sail Away (Buckykatt - she got the artist, but not the song)
35. Nine o'clock this morning she left without a warning, I let her take advantage of me - Huey Lewis & the News - Heart and Soul (Dawson & Scruluce)
37. I get up around seven, get outta bed around nine - Guns N' Roses - Mr. Brownstone (Dawson & Scruluce)
39. She wants to conquer the world completely, but first she'll conquer me discreetly - Space - Female of the Species (Dawson & Scruluce)
43. Beware of pretty faces that you find, a pretty face can hide an evil mind - Johnny Rivers - Secret Agent Man (Dawson & Scruluce)
45. Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup - Crowded House - Don't Dream It's Over (Buckykatt)
46. We're going to come around at twelve with some Puerto Rican girls that are just dyin' to meet you - The Rolling Stones - Miss You (Buckykatt)
48. She's mean and she's evil like that little old boll weevil - Elvis Presley - Little Sister (Buckykatt - she got the artist, but not the song)
51. Yoko brought her walrus, there was magic in the air - Rick Nelson - Garden Party (Buckykatt)
52. He talks in maths, he buzzes like a fridge, he's like a detuned radio - Radiohead - Karma Police (Dawson & Scruluce)
54. Touch that dial, turn me on, start me like a motor, make me run - Loverboy - Lovin' Every Minute of It (spymeg)
59. He'd end up blowing all his wages for the week, all for a cuddle and a peck on the cheek - The Kinks - Come Dancing (Buckykatt)
60. Alone we stand, together we fall apart - The Strokes - Someday (Dawson & Scruluce)
62. Even in a perfect world where everyone was equal I'd still own the film rights and be working on the sequel - Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Everyday I Write the Book (Buckykatt)
66. Now I can't see, I just stare - Pearl Jam - Alive (Buckykatt)
68. This city desert makes you feel so cold, it's got so many people but it's got no soul - Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street (Buckykatt)
70. I understand just a little, no comprende, it's a riddle - Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio (spymeg - she got the song, but not the artist)
73. All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers - Rush - Limelight (Buckykatt)
76. If he can't even run his own life, I'll be damned if he'll run mine - Jonathan Edwards - Sunshine (Buckykatt)
77. We used to laugh, we used to cry, we used to bow our heads then wonder why - America - I Need You (Buckykatt)
78. I said, excuse me, you're a hell of a guy, I mean my, my, my, my you're like pelican fly - Nicki Minaj - Super Bass (Dawson & Scruluce)
85. The word out on the street is the devil's in your kiss - Aerosmith - Cryin' (Dawson & Scruluce)
90. Half of the ring lies here with me, but the other half's at the bottom of the sea - Vampire Weekend - A-Punk (Dawson & Scruluce)
94. Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar has given you the call - Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Buckykatt)
98. Maybe a great magnet pulls all souls towards truth - k.d. lang - Constant Craving (Buckykatt)
99. Just a second, it's my favorite song they're gonna play, and I cannot text you with a drink in my hand, eh - Lady Gaga featuring Beyoncé - Telephone (Dawson & Scruluce)
102. Feelings, sensations that you thought was dead, no squealing, remember that it's all in your head - Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood (Dawson & Scruluce)
103. Now watch him make a movie like Albert Hitchcock - Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho) (Dawson & Scruluce)
107. It's the freakin' weekend, baby, I'm about to have me some fun - R. Kelly - Ignition (Remix) (Fat Head)
111. The girls are frisky in old ‘Frisco - The Rivieras - California Sun (Dawson & Scruluce)
117. There's nothing you can teach me that I can't learn from Mr. Hathaway - Amy Winehouse - Rehab (Dawson & Scruluce)
118. Your love is thick and it swallowed me whole - Alanis Morissette - Head over Feet (Dawson & Scruluce)
122. I spend my money on women and wine, but I couldn't tell you where I spent last night - Poison - Nothin' but a Good Time (Buckykatt)
125. Everything I want, I have, whenever I hold you tight - The Drifters (I also accepted Jay and the Americans) - This Magic Moment (Buckykatt)
129. I can't get to sleep, I think about the implications of diving in too deep - Men at Work - Overkill (Buckykatt)
132. Before you slip into unconsciousness, I'd like to have another kiss - The Doors - The Crystal Ship (Dawson & Scruluce)
138. You are still a whisper on my lips, a feelin' at my fingertips that's pullin' at my skin - Dirty Vegas - Days Go By (spymeg)
144. Words are like weapons, they wound sometimes - Cher - If I Could Turn Back Time (Steel Frog)
145. Doesn't take much to make me happy and make me smile with glee - The Emotions - Best of My Love (Buckykatt - she got the song, but not the artist)
148. Oh how she rocks, in Keds and tube socks - Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag (Dawson & Scruluce)
149. Your smile is like a breath of spring, your voice is soft like summer rain - Dolly Parton - Jolene (spymeg)
154. If you believe in forever, then life is just a one-night stand - The Righteous Brothers - Rock and Roll Heaven (Buckykatt - she got the song, but all she could come up with for the artist was "Can’t remember their name - it’s some duo and they’re both ugly")
157. Reason will not lead to solution, I will end up lost in confusion - The Cardigans - Lovefool (BubbyChubs)
158. When he put his arms around her, he said, "Julie baby, you're my flame" - Peggy Lee - Fever (Dawson & Scruluce)
162. The 23rd of loneliness, and we don't talk like we used to do - TLC - Creep (Buckykatt)
163. Lady Luck never smiles, so lend your love to me awhile - Def Leppard - Foolin' (spymeg)
164. You've got designer shades just to hide your face - Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me (spymeg - she got the song, but not the artist)
168. I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, out of my mind - Alice in Chains - Heaven Beside You (Buckykatt)
171. She's the same little girl who used to hang around my door, but she sure looks different than the way she looked before - The Monkees - Valleri (Buckykatt)
175. My heart was wrapped up in clover the night I looked at you - Etta James - At Last (Buckykatt)
178. I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead - Bon Jovi - Bed of Roses (Dawson & Scruluce)
191. It's hard to say what it is I see in you, wonder if I'll always be with you - Sister Hazel - All for You (spymeg)
195. God, it’s so painful when something that is so close is still so far out of reach - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - American Girl (Buckykatt)
196. Saturday I'm running wild and all the lights are changing red to green - David Gray - Babylon (Fat Head)

PostPosted: 04 Mar 2012, 21:35 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Damn, wish I'd finished my entry / sent what I had in.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 06:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Holy Smokes! I can't believe I won. (and I am sorely embarassed by how many of songs are on that list that I actually *own* that I still somehow missed)
Oh, and that's my best friend Steph who dissed the Righteous Brothers as ugly. :oops:

Thanks for doing this, Sugar!

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2012, 09:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Awesome job as always Sugar (and Mazer)!! I am now done pounding my fist saying "Dammit" for all the ones I knew but missed. :D

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 18:46 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Buckykatt wrote:
Holy Smokes! I can't believe I won. (and I am sorely embarassed by how many of songs are on that list that I actually *own* that I still somehow missed)

Is "Tracy" one of those? For some reason I picture a young Bucky totally rocking out to that 45 in her little girl room.

Buckykatt wrote:
Oh, and that's my best friend Steph who dissed the Righteous Brothers as ugly. :oops:

Ah, sorry that I called you out on it then.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2012, 19:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

No, don't apologize. I should have known who it was, especially when she got the song title. So I'll own the diss as well.

No, Tracy is not one I know. The singing-into-the-hairbrush years of the Young Bucky probably hit their peak with the first Runaways album (which I've already opined, I am sure I was the ONLY person in New Canaan to actually own)

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 08:57 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

I always love this quiz, great work as always, me and scruluce shall have our revenge!!!

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 14:19 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
Dawson wrote:
I always love this quiz, great work as always, me and scruluce shall have our revenge!!!

:green:

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2012, 14:54 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

nice quiz, i think next time i may need to team up

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 12:10 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

has it really been almost 4 years since we've had one of these?!

Someone put out a music quiz S.O.S. to S.O'S

PostPosted: 11 Aug 2015, 13:16 

Scruluce wrote:

We need our revenge... Still :lol:

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2015, 12:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

perhaps the best revenge is to host the quiz :mishchief:

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 07:00 

Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

I'm game

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2015, 07:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

I'm game

I thought you were Dawson? :D

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 11:54 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

What's this about someone else posting a lyric quiz?!

stay tuned, maybe one is already in the works...[/patsy]

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 11:56 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

A Sugar sighting!

Sweeeeeeeeeet. ;)

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 12:00 

Thought 4 years was good for a hijack ;D
Please feel free tho!

Hey Sugar btw :banana:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 12:10 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Dawson wrote:
Thought 4 years was good for a hijack ;D
Please feel free tho!

Hey Sugar btw :banana:

Oh, four years definitely makes it fair game for a hijack. Have you already started working on it? I don't want to steal your thunder. I've got a good deal of mine completed (because I've been gradually working on it for 4 year :roll: ). Maybe I could add yours to mine?

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 12:28 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

A Sugar sighting!

Sweeeeeeeeeet. ;)

:) Now if only I can find my avatars...

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 12:42 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Steel Frog wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

A Sugar sighting!

Sweeeeeeeeeet. ;)

:green: :banana:

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 13:52 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

A Sugar sighting!

Sweeeeeeeeeet. ;)

Are you the one that always has something Batman related? I love those!

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2015, 17:08 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:

A Sugar sighting!

Sweeeeeeeeeet. ;)

Are you the one that always has something Batman related? I love those!

:D

I think a combined music quiz would be most excellent.
(also, Sugar--a friend of mine is taking his Dad to see a restoration of Ball of Fire on the big screen in NYC on Christmas Day. Immediately thought of you)

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2016, 12:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I'm the worst. I didn't get my quiz done in time. I'm the deadbeat dad who keeps promising to take his kids to Chuck E. Cheese, but then I never show up. Sorry and stuff.

Thanks, Dawson, for posting your quiz! :)