FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Dec 2018, 04:42

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1253 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 12:27 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

This thread is for the phone app/game Marvel: War of Heroes, a "trading" card game where you assemble a deck of heroes (or villains) and go up against other people's decks. Several of us FWers are found on there in the Alliance: Wolf!erine

Below are some useful links and information for new and experienced players (in progress) for current game events or goings-on:
Relative impact of Deadpool event raider cards

Here are some general gameplay links and information:
***for any card you intend to use long-term or trade, MAX and MASTER each base BEFORE fusing the base cards***
Shurijo's Guide to M:WoH

You Know, for Kids wrote:
FilmWise, Assemble!

Join us: http://marvelwarofheroes.com
Referral codes (new users can enter ONE of these to get a free rare card and some coin):

A2: ayk517429
Sela: fvk992659
YKfK: ben150705
Cross-posting in the iOS one as well...

Marvel: War of Heroes was released last week - it's a TCG (trading card game) similar to Rage of Bahamut. Simple gameplay yet addictive (at least to compulsive collectors like me).

If you do give it a try, please use my referral code so we both get freebies: ben150705

UPDATED (12/4/12): The first alliance vs. alliance event is almost over and the three of us have kicked some ass. Anyone who would like to come join us with this - we think you'd have a good time. ;)

Last edited by You Know, for Kids on 31 Jul 2013, 07:33, edited 19 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Android Games
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 17:30 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Marvel: War of Heroes was released last week - it's a TCG (trading card game) similar to Rage of Bahamut. Simple gameplay yet addictive (at least to compulsive collectors like me).

If you do give it a try, please use my referral code so we both get freebies: ben150705

I downloaded the game but don't see anywhere to add your code

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 17:32 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:

It's at the end of the tutorial.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 17:39 

A² wrote:

Done. Code entry was successful. Enjoy your referral gift. I got some kind of Black Widow card for entering it.

I started with Spiderman. Does everyone get him for the tutorial or is that random?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 17:46 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
A² wrote:

Done. Code entry was successful. Enjoy your referral gift. I got some kind of Black Widow card for entering it.

I started with Spiderman. Does everyone get him for the tutorial or is that random?

I'll get the same Widow card... it's the only card that gets fused more than once, which means if you have enough of them you can end up with a pretty decent card.

I also started with Spidey, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were two or three different starters. You'll get some free LCP tickets along the way early on, and they usually have a "rare" or higher card in them. I scored a SSR Daredevil and a SR Wolverine out of a couple of mine, which made me happy.

If you keep playing, I can help you learn how to best maximize the stats of your cards. The quest portion is repetitive and boring, but buiding a strong deck and beating people in PvP is fun. At some point in the near future they'll add in some events which are usually fun.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2012, 17:52 

A² wrote:
A² wrote:

I'll get the same Widow card... it's the only card that gets fused more than once, which means if you have enough of them you can end up with a pretty decent card.

I also started with Spidey, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were two or three different starters. You'll get some free LCP tickets along the way early on, and they usually have a "rare" or higher card in them. I scored a SSR Daredevil and a SR Wolverine out of a couple of mine, which made me happy.

If you keep playing, I can help you learn how to best maximize the stats of your cards. The quest portion is repetitive and boring, but buiding a strong deck and beating people in PvP is fun. At some point in the near future they'll add in some events which are usually fun.

I'm not sure what I'm doing but its interesting enough for me to keep playing for a while. I was trying to figure out how to ask you and Sela to be on my team but couldn't figure it out. I think my name is a2shole

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 04:33 

A² wrote:
A² wrote:

I need some help knowing how to build a deck and battle, i have lost every battle I try and don't really understand what I'm doing. I even lose to people who are levels lower than me.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 09:04 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
A² wrote:
A² wrote:

I need some help knowing how to build a deck and battle, i have lost every battle I try and don't really understand what I'm doing. I even lose to people who are levels lower than me.

Ignore levels when you battle. Look at their defense instead. Higher defense means they can get more cards in their def deck, and ones with more power (a 3 power Elektra isn't bad, but a 26 power Daredevil will help a lot more).

Also, tinker with your attack deck (and defense deck) and as you add points to either stat, adjust it to get more into each of them. Build around cards that have abilities like "Notably increases the attack of your Speed cards" - for that example having your attack deck full of speed cards increases the power of that ability, if it procs.

Finally, build up your cards through "boosting" but don't go crazy. Boosting is expensive. But if you have a rare or above that you like a lot and want to build your deck around, by all means boost it to max, keep it in your attack deck to max the mastery (which will add about 40% of the cards initial stats onto itself), and then do the same with its' twin when you can. Then fuse those two cards for a more powerful version which you then max level and mastery again (and skill at that point, but don't worry about that yet...). The ISO-8 you get for rewards here and there helps the boosting a lot but I suggest saving those for SR or above cards. Again, when you are there, let me know and I have more advice for you.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 09:10 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Ignore levels when you battle. Look at their defense instead. Higher defense means they can get more cards in their def deck, and ones with more power (a 3 power Elektra isn't bad, but a 26 power Daredevil will help a lot more).

Keep in mind, though, that someone with a low defense still might beat you if they've maxxed their cards and you haven't.

Also, I'll add you as a teammate or whatever in there but the chat feature sucks. =)

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 16:18 

I used your battle tips and finally completed Storm's cape. Thanks.

How do you know when to boost a card? I see that you can get card experience but I don't know how to gain that experience.

I still don't understand what to do with the iso-8

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 17:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:

Happy to help =)

A² wrote:
How do you know when to boost a card? I see that you can get card experience but I don't know how to gain that experience.

Boosting's kinda important. Boosting will raise the stats of a card. Usually quite a lot once maxxed, and a maxxed card will carry over more of its stats when fused.

You can boost any card, but it really isn't worth it for the lower ones. Anything below rare is a waste, imho. When you click on boost, there should be a card there - probably your leader - ready to be boosted. You can change this card if you wanted to boost some other card. Below that will be a list of your cards, sortable. Set it to display your cards by lowest rarity up. Check as many cards as you are willing to sacrifice (to the maximum of 10) to improve the card you are boosting, then click on the button at the bottom. Boosting gets expensive at higher levels, and there are rapidly diminishing returns. It's probably worth boosting any attack or defensive deck card you have a couple of times as you get enough feeders (cards) to do so.

Also, occasionally you can get lucky and get a 150% effective boost. Maybe 10% of the time.

A² wrote:

ISO-8 defies the rules of boosting, and gives you 3 levels per card when used to boost, regardless of what level your boosted card is already. So it is best to use feeders for the first 20-30 levels of the boosting, then go to ISO-8 to finish off your cards, if you have enough. I'd say use ISO-8 only for SR or above. Your Captain America is prime for ISO-8, as it would get extremely expensive to max it with just feeders.

For the best end-result on a card, max both base forms levels, and max their mastery as well by using them in your attack deck successfully. Then fuse and max out again. Marvel uses 2 card evos (fusing). In Rage of Bahamut there are 4 forms of each card and up to 8 can be used for evolving, so it is quite a bit more time consuming and expensive to get cards to their most effective.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2012, 17:25 

A² wrote:

Happy to help =)

A² wrote:

Boosting's kinda important. Boosting will raise the stats of a card. Usually quite a lot once maxxed, and a maxxed card will carry over more of its stats when fused.

You can boost any card, but it really isn't worth it for the lower ones. Anything below rare is a waste, imho. When you click on boost, there should be a card there - probably your leader - ready to be boosted. You can change this card if you wanted to boost some other card. Below that will be a list of your cards, sortable. Set it to display your cards by lowest rarity up. Check as many cards as you are willing to sacrifice (to the maximum of 10) to improve the card you are boosting, then click on the button at the bottom. Boosting gets expensive at higher levels, and there are rapidly diminishing returns. It's probably worth boosting any attack or defensive deck card you have a couple of times as you get enough feeders (cards) to do so.

Also, occasionally you can get lucky and get a 150% effective boost. Maybe 10% of the time.

A² wrote:

ISO-8 defies the rules of boosting, and gives you 3 levels per card when used to boost, regardless of what level your boosted card is already. So it is best to use feeders for the first 20-30 levels of the boosting, then go to ISO-8 to finish off your cards, if you have enough. I'd say use ISO-8 only for SR or above. Your Captain America is prime for ISO-8, as it would get extremely expensive to max it with just feeders.

For the best end-result on a card, max both base forms levels, and max their mastery as well by using them in your attack deck successfully. Then fuse and max out again. Marvel uses 2 card evos (fusing). In Rage of Bahamut there are 4 forms of each card and up to 8 can be used for evolving, so it is quite a bit more time consuming and expensive to get cards to their most effective.

Dang. I've been fusing cards as soon as I get a duplicate. I guess I should hold off on doing that.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 05:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Dang. I've been fusing cards as soon as I get a duplicate. I guess I should hold off on doing that.

For commons and uncommons without skills, go ahead and fuse. You're just going to end up using them for feeders or selling them for cash anyway eventually.

I'm at a point where I am losing battles consistently, so it looks like I am going to need to change up my strategy a bit. I've been pushing weak cards into my attack deck to boost their mastery.

Another thing I am trying to find out more about are the special combos you can get. These add bonuses to your attack or defense, and you get them for having traditional teammates in your deck, like a certain number of Avengers or FF. I know Iron Man + War Machne works as a combo and I've read a team of 5 villains gets a combo bonus as well.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 07:57 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

A² what's you username on it, so I can add you?

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 10:44 

Sela wrote:

I think I'm a2shole

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 11:55 

A² wrote:
Sela wrote:

I think I'm a2shole

BTW, not that you need it (I think) but my referral code is fvk992659

EDIT: Boo, it says you already have all the team members positions filled....

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 12:12 

Sela wrote:
A² wrote:
Sela wrote:

I think I'm a2shole

That's what it told me about you when I tried to add you. I think you get more spots as you level up.

Can you enter a second referral code to get a second Black Widow card to fuse with your first one?

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 12:18 

A² wrote:
Sela wrote:
A² wrote:
Sela wrote:

I think I'm a2shole

That's what it told me about you when I tried to add you. I think you get more spots as you level up.

Can you enter a second referral code to get a second Black Widow card to fuse with your first one?

I don't think so. Only if a friend uses a referral code you can get it....

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 17:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Sela wrote:
A² wrote:
Sela wrote:
A² wrote:
Sela wrote:

I think I'm a2shole

Yeah. But maybe some others here will join in and they can use your referral codes...

You get an additional team member every 2 levels, I think.

I just pulled a UR Spidey from a free pack so I am a happy fella right now.

Also, my DD and Wolverine make a combo for some reason... currently adding about 650 attack. I'll let you know if Spidey works with either of them as soon as I can get an attack going.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2012, 23:04 

Sela wrote:
A² wrote:
Sela wrote:
A² wrote:
Sela wrote:

I think I'm a2shole

Yeah. But maybe some others here will join in and they can use your referral codes...

You get an additional team member every 2 levels, I think.

I just pulled a UR Spidey from a free pack so I am a happy fella right now.

Also, my DD and Wolverine make a combo for some reason... currently adding about 650 attack. I'll let you know if Spidey works with either of them as soon as I can get an attack going.

If anyone else is jumping in, here is my referral code- ayk517429

Does one of you want to start an alliance we can all join?

I haven't seen any UR cards. Great pull. I got an SR Vibranium Shield Captain America tonight that was pretty sweet. I've got 2 rare Invisibility Invisible Woman cards now. Am I correct in that I shouldn't fuse them until I boost the crap out of them?

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 05:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

If she fits in with your Cappy, then yeah, I'd master both and boost both to max before fusing. If she doesn't then you can still boost her base cards and fuse if you don't have better options. Eventually they will implement a "bazaar" system for moving cards, which will allow a limited form of trading beyond your teammates and alliance, and your Invisible Girl might be tradeable for something that will work better with your Captain America.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 09:21 

If she fits in with your Cappy, then yeah, I'd master both and boost both to max before fusing. If she doesn't then you can still boost her base cards and fuse if you don't have better options. Eventually they will implement a "bazaar" system for moving cards, which will allow a limited form of trading beyond your teammates and alliance, and your Invisible Girl might be tradeable for something that will work better with your Captain America.

I think they pair up pretty nicely. My SSR Cap card significantly intensify def on tactics and my 2 R Invisi Woman cards notably intensify def on tactics cards. They could be a def powerhouse together. I've got 2 of the R Black Widow cards now and they notably intensify attacks and defense on all cards.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2012, 14:19 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:

I think they pair up pretty nicely. My SSR Cap card significantly intensify def on tactics and my 2 R Invisi Woman cards notably intensify def on tactics cards. They could be a def powerhouse together. I've got 2 of the R Black Widow cards now and they notably intensify attacks and defense on all cards.

One thing to bear in mind with BW... buffs that affect all cards will be weaker than buffs affecting a specific card type, and buffs that affect both attack and defense will be weaker than those that only affect one or the other.

Anyway, it sounds like you have a good project there with your Sue Storm. Max level and mastery on both before fusing.

Maxxing rares isn't too bad, but your SSR will be painful. My SSR DD is level 49/60 or so, mostly from ISO-8. I started to do a 10 card boost yesterday with him and it would have cost over 75k (and probably would have gotten me only about a level and a half).

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 04:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:

Saw you and Sela have found one. The one I am in is a top order from another game I play, so I was hoping to see that translate to being a top order in Marvel.

If we get more people from here, I think it would be fun to do a Filmwise Alliance on there, though.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2012, 06:00 

A² wrote:

Saw you and Sela have found one. The one I am in is a top order from another game I play, so I was hoping to see that translate to being a top order in Marvel.

If we get more people from here, I think it would be fun to do a Filmwise Alliance on there, though.

:green:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1253 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 51  Next