Wolf!erines - Marvel:War of Heroes app

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Re: Wolf!erines - Marvel:War of Heroes app

#1151 Post by » 19 Dec 2013, 06:20

fonglai wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
fonglai wrote:The first one you listed.
:green:

also, with a Legendary defense deck like that, are you sure you shouldn't be DEF leader? :tongue:

:green: (Or give those over to your self-sacrificing wife!)
I've never used the blinking green light, but it means I REALLY like what you're saying right?
:green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:
My defense is decent, but its still not as stout as Fong's souped up Cap wall.
The :) means it's all ok.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#1152 Post by Scruluce » 19 Dec 2013, 16:58

A² wrote:
fonglai wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
fonglai wrote:The first one you listed.
:green:

also, with a Legendary defense deck like that, are you sure you shouldn't be DEF leader? :tongue:

:green: (Or give those over to your self-sacrificing wife!)
I've never used the blinking green light, but it means I REALLY like what you're saying right?
:green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green: :green:
My defense is decent, but its still not as stout as Fong's souped up Cap wall.
get on that... a 10/100 Legendary def wall will outlast a Cap wall
...unless something better's on TV

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1153 Post by You Know, for Kids » 30 Dec 2013, 10:40

The alliance merger I mentioned is with an alliance called the Lone Rangers. They are willing to join Wolf!erine (rather than the other way around). They currently have 20 members but their leader believes less than that would come over. We may not even need to lose truthfairy.

They had some members leave for a top-200 alliance, but prior to that they ranked around 600 for AvA and 800-1000 for other events. They sound very similar to us. They have no defense leader (sorry, Sarah!).

Their leader, Gravel, and I chatted for a while this morning - screenshots are in Line - and he later mentioned that his officers were receptive.

We need to have our core 4 in line with any plan here. I'm not looking to upset anyone, but especially not our crew.

Between A2 and Scru, one of you needs to be leader, and I'm not sure who has what in their decks these days.

Someone pick, or I'll give it to Sela.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

fonglai
Key Grip
Key Grip

#1154 Post by fonglai » 30 Dec 2013, 10:53

Thanks for working on this, Harv!

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#1155 Post by Scruluce » 30 Dec 2013, 16:07

You Know, for Kids wrote:Between A2 and Scru, one of you needs to be leader, and I'm not sure who has what in their decks these days.

Someone pick, or I'll give it to Sela.
NOT IT! :lol:

I have 3 10/100 SSA Caps (sk 8/3/3), an SOL Cap (sk 2) and Ferrous IM (sk 3); defensively anyway. I'm working on a second SOL Cap to replace the Ferrous IM.
On offense, I have the SSA Caps and 2 Winter Soldiers (sk 3).

Aaron has 14 levels on me. That's an additional 42 points somewhere, half of which are in his def. I think his energy is lower than mine, which would place his atk points much higher than mine, maybe pushing 500. I'm at 434 atk.

My defense is close to his; Aaron is at 221, and I'm at 200 even, I think.

I'd like to get my offense at about 450-460, so I have 3 solid hits at full charge. I can shift to boosting Def, but that's a slow process. I've no problem taking the lead, and the subsequent beatings should they break through Sarah's cap wall.

(fwiw, I keep messaging Kam on Line about giving what's left of his deck to me. He has a lot of speed cards, both defensive and offensive. I'm not sure he'll go for it, but he doesn't appear to be active on the account any longer.)

#1156 Post by » 30 Dec 2013, 18:07

My atk is 66472 (3 kingpins, magneto & red skull, I'm 15 decrees away from all 5 of them being level 100.) I have 474 atk points and can get off 3 attacks per load.

My def is 63518 (3 kingpins, 2 malekiths.) Def points are 221. I can fend off average attacks but fall to anything strong.

I've got almost 300pp saved up. I thought about buying a Loki to give my def a boost but I'm holding out until I can get a card with a center skill that fits my deck, offense or defense. Not having one of those center trait cards is putting me at a disadvantage but unless a rich uncle dies and leaves me a child killer thanos I'm going to have to keep waiting for the right card to come along.

I'd be happy to take over if yk,fk steps down, provided he still plans on being around to guide me.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#1157 Post by Scruluce » 30 Dec 2013, 18:58

Right, actual attack points. I didn't mention those.

My attack deck is 63807 with a 90% proc Fury Blast, though the game suggests I use a 65339 deck with a 60% proc Super Soldiers. I guess I could swap one Winter Soldier for TBTI Wolvie and have the chance of either special combo. That would increase the 63807 base attack, but lessen the effect of the tactic boost.

My def deck is 62663 with a 80% Marvel Hero Team boost, while the game suggests I use a 64067 def deck with no special combo.

#1158 Post by » 30 Dec 2013, 21:35

Scruluce wrote:Right, actual attack points. I didn't mention those.

My attack deck is 63807 with a 90% proc Fury Blast, though the game suggests I use a 65339 deck with a 60% proc Super Soldiers. I guess I could swap one Winter Soldier for TBTI Wolvie and have the chance of either special combo. That would increase the 63807 base attack, but lessen the effect of the tactic boost.

My def deck is 62663 with a 80% Marvel Hero Team boost, while the game suggests I use a 64067 def deck with no special combo.
Yeah, I disregard the suggested deck. WoH thinks I should swap out a Kingpin for the free Magneto but the villain boost from Kingpin is way stronger than that Magneto's team boost. I just get the wild villain boost on offense 90%/3% and evil alliance on defense 85%/3%, nothing special but it helps a little. I'd like to work a Dr Doom in for Kingpin on atk to get the masterminds boost 85%/6% but they've yet to make a UR Doom that does anything but boost tactics.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#1159 Post by Scruluce » 31 Dec 2013, 10:45

I've seen a Doom/Magneto combo that looks really cool (when it isn't being used against you), but I don't know the stats on it.

I guess I should hit up the wiki and shop for a strong and high-frequency combo, then get cards to match. What I wouldn't spend to get at least one of those UL Cap cards...

#1160 Post by » 31 Dec 2013, 13:32

Scruluce wrote:I've seen a Doom/Magneto combo that looks really cool (when it isn't being used against you), but I don't know the stats on it.

I guess I should hit up the wiki and shop for a strong and high-frequency combo, then get cards to match. What I wouldn't spend to get at least one of those UL Cap cards...
Electromagnetic is the doom\magneto combo but masterminds is an even more powerful one that you get if you include red skull with that pair.

Those ul cards are still stupid expensive. We need a ton more to hit the market to bring the price down.

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1161 Post by You Know, for Kids » 02 Jan 2014, 09:01

Early thoughts about the new people?

I like the core 3 for certain. The others seem ok from what little I've seen so far. My only disappointment is that I thought we would be filling out the roster and it looks like we'll be about 4 or 5 short.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

fonglai
Key Grip
Key Grip

#1162 Post by fonglai » 02 Jan 2014, 11:09

So far, I like their enthusiasm. More active players will certainly help, but I think it's a good start. Didn't the one guy said there should be another 4 or so members joining? Maybe they aren't as active or maybe they are just having hesitancy about coming over to our side or have other invites. Thanks again for all your work on this, Harv. I wish you still had a leader position of some sort.

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1163 Post by You Know, for Kids » 02 Jan 2014, 11:14

I'll admit that it's weird not having a leader position...

Yeah, I'm not sure what the deal is with the ones who haven't come over - I don't want to push it, as they may be fringe anyway, but they are better options than empty roster spots for now. It does sound like some were less enthusiastic about this move. It's hard foregoing an existing identity and embracing a new one, so I understand that. I was really looking forward to a full roster though!

#1164 Post by » 03 Jan 2014, 07:05

It definitely feels weird not having you as the leader, yk,fk.

I like them, so far. No one seems annoying or anything.

How did you find them in the first place? I imagine pulling off a merger like this required quite a bit of work.

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1165 Post by You Know, for Kids » 03 Jan 2014, 10:20

Some credit should go to theClueHunter for this.

As you know I was shopping for a merger for a while, even had talks with a few leaders. Right around Christmas Eve I chatted with Blynk from the wiki who had posted a recruitment message- he's a long-time contributor there... it would have been a great fit and valuable resource but the numbers weren't going to work out - too many people for the spots.

tCH noticed that start of that exchange, though, and sent me a Line message about another alliance that was looking for members, but only had about 5 actives. He thought we might be able to bring all of them on. It took me a few days but I went there. Gravel had also just posted on that recruitment thread inquiring as well. I reached out to that alliance's leader and they said they wanted to build their own thing - a merger with us dominant was not going to work for them - but then Gravel reached out to me and we got to talking. Their alliance had 20 or so people in it so at first I was worried about the numbers game as well as officer spots. But Gravel and I both immediately acceded our officer spots and when things got rolling it became clear that quite a few less than the 20 would be coming here.

If we don't get at least a couple more from there I'll be mildly disappointed at giving up 2 officer spots, but it's clear that this is a good boost for the alliance's health short and long-term.

#1166 Post by » 03 Jan 2014, 14:48

Hw did you decide which membership requests to accept? We've got 2 pending. One is that low level, no friend guy who you rallied but has never responded. He seems like an easy axe. The other is level 59 (iirc) and has 30/30 friends. That's promising, but I don't know how careful I need to be. His rally wall seems clean of any red flags. Only has ssr-level cards on his wish list. Our name does say that we're recruiting.

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1167 Post by You Know, for Kids » 07 Jan 2014, 09:39

Instinct more than anything. If we need to reserve spaces for any reason and we have few spots, I get choosier. But when we need bodies, I take more chances. Line, active... in - unless I get a bad vibe.

#1168 Post by » 05 Feb 2014, 01:22

When/if we get the auction room up and running this would make a convenient place to keep our notes regarding who gave which cards to be sold and whatnot. A shared google doc would work just as well, but I think we definitely need some place to keep track of the cards where several of us can read or add to the data.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#1169 Post by Scruluce » 05 Feb 2014, 02:15

A² wrote:When/if we get the auction room up and running this would make a convenient place to keep our notes regarding who gave which cards to be sold and whatnot. A shared google doc would work just as well, but I think we definitely need some place to keep track of the cards where several of us can read or add to the data.
Are you thinking of a longer term transaction history, or per auction?

#1170 Post by » 05 Feb 2014, 04:11

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:When/if we get the auction room up and running this would make a convenient place to keep our notes regarding who gave which cards to be sold and whatnot. A shared google doc would work just as well, but I think we definitely need some place to keep track of the cards where several of us can read or add to the data.
My thought was just to keep us organized from auction to auction. Do you think there's a benefit to keeping a long-term history?

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1171 Post by You Know, for Kids » 05 Feb 2014, 06:09

A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
My thought was just to keep us organized from auction to auction. Do you think there's a benefit to keeping a long-term history?
Random thought from the inexperienced: Rewards program for frequent buyers/sellers?

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#1172 Post by Scruluce » 05 Feb 2014, 16:29

A² wrote: My thought was just to keep us organized from auction to auction. Do you think there's a benefit to keeping a long-term history?
I like the idea, but in an auction to auction scenario, it will entirely depend on our physical location during the auction period.
If we are in front of our computers, this could work. With the fast pace of the auctions, a separate chat for auction logs could be better. Again, this will likely be a case by case basis, and a bit of trial and error.
You Know, for Kids wrote:Random thought from the inexperienced: Rewards program for frequent buyers/sellers?
Look at you going all Safeway on MWoH :tongue:
What kind of idea did you have here?

#1173 Post by » 05 Feb 2014, 19:18

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote: My thought was just to keep us organized from auction to auction. Do you think there's a benefit to keeping a long-term history?
I like the idea, but in an auction to auction scenario, it will entirely depend on our physical location during the auction period.
If we are in front of our computers, this could work. With the fast pace of the auctions, a separate chat for auction logs could be better. Again, this will likely be a case by case basis, and a bit of trial and error.
You Know, for Kids wrote:Random thought from the inexperienced: Rewards program for frequent buyers/sellers?
Look at you going all Safeway on MWoH :tongue:
What kind of idea did you have here?
Regarding organization, I was thinking more along the lines of using it to keep track of who gives what to be auctioned.
Furthering Harv's idea, maybe we have a weekly or monthly winner who gets an ssr card or every maybe 10pp spent gets you an entry into a monthly raffle. Or, to entice people to use us to sell their cards, they get a raffle entry for every 10pp their cards generate in sales.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#1174 Post by Scruluce » 05 Feb 2014, 20:17

I'm not personally fond of raffles. With Harv's idea, I'd be more inclined to do a B2G1 type thing. Every Nth sale, they get one free of charge...

Orginization: Is it too much to ask them to send cards for sale prior to auction? I'm only in one auction room, but generally the buyer sends a pic of the card(s) and an asking starting bid.

#1175 Post by » 06 Feb 2014, 15:55

Scruluce wrote:I'm not personally fond of raffles. With Harv's idea, I'd be more inclined to do a B2G1 type thing. Every Nth sale, they get one free of charge...

Orginization: Is it too much to ask them to send cards for sale prior to auction? I'm only in one auction room, but generally the buyer sends a pic of the card(s) and an asking starting bid.
I don't like or do raffles, either. I guess what I was talking about is really more of a drawing.

I think its imperative to have the cards ahead of time. I'd like to be as efficient as possible, and part of that means being able to quickly get the cards to the winners and the pp to the sellers.