FilmWise Forums
It is currently 16 Jun 2019, 14:59

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 16:53 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
A² wrote:
I think its imperative to have the cards ahead of time. I'd like to be as efficient as possible, and part of that means being able to quickly get the cards to the winners and the pp to the sellers.

I'm all for trying that method, but I'm not sure I see how that speeds things up. Creating trading rooms after, pairing buyer, seller, and Wolf links would have the same effect, wouldn't it?

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 20:46 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
I think its imperative to have the cards ahead of time. I'd like to be as efficient as possible, and part of that means being able to quickly get the cards to the winners and the pp to the sellers.

I'm all for trying that method, but I'm not sure I see how that speeds things up. Creating trading rooms after, pairing buyer, seller, and Wolf links would have the same effect, wouldn't it?

I guess what I am thinking is that if we already have the cards in hand then one step in the process is eliminated.

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2014, 21:16 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City
A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:

I guess what I am thinking is that if we already have the cards in hand then one step in the process is eliminated.

I understand your thought on this, but without knowing who is buying, who holds the cards? We still potentially end up trading between Wolf members to get the card to the buyer.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 12:54 

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:

I understand your thought on this, but without knowing who is buying, who holds the cards? We still potentially end up trading between Wolf members to get the card to the buyer.

Valid point. In my mind, you or I would hold them. We eliminate the risk of a seller changing their mind if the price isn't as high as they'd like. Plus, it would no doubt help your cataloging efforts.

PostPosted: 07 Feb 2014, 13:21 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

A² wrote:
Plus, it would no doubt help your cataloging efforts.

I like the way you're thinking
I think I've finally given up on cataloging though

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2014, 19:09 

Do we have a google doc or something to document all these auction cards we're receiving? It might be easier to organize them into lots and whatnot that way. I don't mind starting one if you haven't already.

I saw you already organized them a bit in the Line room. I think it would be easier to be working from my laptop than my phone. Are we still aiming for Wednesday? Did you have a time in mind? I'll be at work that night but can give the auction my full attention so long as we aren't getting any patients. If we get busy I may have to drop in and out.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2014, 07:20 
Key Grip
Key Grip

I'll help if you need me.

I think a Google doc would be ideal. It's easy to share and access and you can give certain users the ability to edit and you can see who made which edits.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2014, 13:23 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

fonglai wrote:

I think a Google doc would be ideal. It's easy to share and access and you can give certain users the ability to edit and you can see who made which edits.

it's not quite that convenient from phones, but should still be fairly easy to use. I will set one up and make it public, then post the link here.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2014, 16:48 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Scruluce wrote:
fonglai wrote:

it's not quite that convenient from phones, but should still be fairly easy to use. I will set one up and make it public, then post the link here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hRzm2VkMuoGrGSmo7YJw79Feirg54lLPJcKYNfxptPA/edit?usp=sharing

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 07:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:

You can't give up on cataloging! What about the brilliant scheme I mentioned?

Catching everyone else up to speed (yeah, I know we are starting this auction thing, but here's another hare-brained idea):

When they announced the 90 day present limit I found myself caught with well over 4000 presents to go through, including my prized rare Moon Knights from days 1 and 10 of M:WoH and about a zillion other goofball items that I don't want to use as feeders or sell, but can't afford to waste roster or even binder space on.

So I figured maybe there are others like Scru who like to try to fill as much of their catalog as they can. And maybe most people in my position are likely to destroy a lot of the no longer "in print" cards like that Moon Knight and so many rewards or special pack cards. So I sent a bunch of these to Scru (more coming this week!) with the intent of creating a kind of library for other weirdos (erm... collectors) to "borrow" cards from for cataloging purposes. For a small fee of course. So rare cards should become even rarer, and such a service seems to have a place.

I don't know if it will actually have any traction but I figured it was worth a shot.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 07:43 
Key Grip
Key Grip

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:

You can't give up on cataloging! What about the brilliant scheme I mentioned?

Catching everyone else up to speed (yeah, I know we are starting this auction thing, but here's another hare-brained idea):

When they announced the 90 day present limit I found myself caught with well over 4000 presents to go through, including my prized rare Moon Knights from days 1 and 10 of M:WoH and about a zillion other goofball items that I don't want to use as feeders or sell, but can't afford to waste roster or even binder space on.

So I figured maybe there are others like Scru who like to try to fill as much of their catalog as they can. And maybe most people in my position are likely to destroy a lot of the no longer "in print" cards like that Moon Knight and so many rewards or special pack cards. So I sent a bunch of these to Scru (more coming this week!) with the intent of creating a kind of library for other weirdos (erm... collectors) to "borrow" cards from for cataloging purposes. For a small fee of course. So rare cards should become even rarer, and such a service seems to have a place.

I don't know if it will actually have any traction but I figured it was worth a shot.

I like it!!

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 17:26 

If you have received cards going to auction make sure you don't use them in your own trials tonight/tomorrow so they'll remain tradable. It says that's misspelled but I can't imagine any other way to spell tradable.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 17:35 

Let's establish our rules to make sure we're all on the same page. I'll post what I have in mind and you guys either agree with me or tell me why your way is better/preferred.

I think we alternate between ssr lots and ur+ lots but definitely save the base URs (and especially any legends we may receive) for last.

Going once, going twice, sold is better than a set time limit. It will take a little more work from us but should net higher final bids. Time limit endings end up just having a sniper take it while once, twice, sold ends up making people go as high as they are willing to go to get their card.

I think a card description would be much easier than a picture of each card but a pic of the card that shows its power and usage and whatnot probably will end up leading to more bids.

Reserve prices are for pussies. Make the sellers have a starting bid they can live with and see where it goes.

Also, regarding starting bids, in my experience, the lots with lower starting bids tend to get bid up high where a high starting bid can keep people from bidding at all.

What is the wolf! cut, who is holding it and who decides what happens to the cut?

Thoughts on sticker posting? I'm against it while the auction is going. I think it gums things up. I don't mind a celebration sticker after a win but when people are bidding on an active lot it can really clutter things up.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 18:54 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

A² wrote:
If you have received cards going to auction make sure you don't use them in your own trials tonight/tomorrow so they'll remain tradable. It says that's misspelled but I can't imagine any other way to spell tradable.

spelling is accurate. Nate Jarvey's cards are safely in a completed, uncollected trade.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 19:10 

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:

spelling is accurate. Nate Jarvey's cards are safely in a completed, uncollected trade.

That's how I've kept Monster's cards, too.

I'm in the middle of lotting them up.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 19:11 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

A² wrote:
Let's establish our rules to make sure we're all on the same page. I'll post what I have in mind and you guys either agree with me or tell me why your way is better/preferred.

I think we alternate between ssr lots and ur+ lots but definitely save the base URs (and especially any legends we may receive) for last.

Going once, going twice, sold is better than a set time limit. It will take a little more work from us but should net higher final bids. Time limit endings end up just having a sniper take it while once, twice, sold ends up making people go as high as they are willing to go to get their card.

I think a card description would be much easier than a picture of each card but a pic of the card that shows its power and usage and whatnot probably will end up leading to more bids.

Reserve prices are for pussies. Make the sellers have a starting bid they can live with and see where it goes.

Also, regarding starting bids, in my experience, the lots with lower starting bids tend to get bid up high where a high starting bid can keep people from bidding at all.

Thoughts on sticker posting? I'm against it while the auction is going. I think it gums things up. I don't mind a celebration sticker after a win but when people are bidding on an active lot it can really clutter things up.

:green: to all

Quote:
What is the wolf! cut, who is holding it and who decides what happens to the cut?

We will definitely need a bank. Perhaps Sharpe's account would be the safest parking spot for it. I don't remember his PW off the top of my head, but I'm sure we could change the PW to something easier to remember while we are handling it (should he return). It would be better if it was an account that we are all linked to, though.

Along those lines, I have a tm spot open. A² and Harv could spare a spot too, I'd wager. Thoughts?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 19:26 

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:

:green: to all

Quote:

We will definitely need a bank. Perhaps Sharpe's account would be the safest parking spot for it. I don't remember his PW off the top of my head, but I'm sure we could change the PW to something easier to remember while we are handling it (should he return). It would be better if it was an account that we are all linked to, though.

Along those lines, I have a tm spot open. A² and Harv could spare a spot too, I'd wager. Thoughts?

The Sharpe account sounds like a good bank. I'm already linked. I only ever log on there when they give out free card packs or to do the big daily raid bosses.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 19:34 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

someone send me a tm request from his account then, and for the love of Mike, lets change that password

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 20:41 
Key Grip
Key Grip

I'll change it to something easy.

I like the rules Aaron. How can I help?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 20:47 

fonglai wrote:
I'll change it to something easy.

I like the rules Aaron. How can I help?

I think the biggest help will be to keep us focused tomorrow and keep track of bids and wins in the auction. Distributing all the cards is going to be a mess, too. I hope we haven't been too ambitious. It might have been better to have half as many cards up for sale in our first time out.

If Harv is for sure auctioning that Punisher we need to really get the word out. That will bring out some heavy bidders.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 20:55 
Key Grip
Key Grip

I rallied all my tm's on my main and my rheavenivy account. I've added one more person already. I can help log all the winners and the winning bids during the auction if that would help. The only cards I have to distribute are my own. I can hold off auctioning my stuff until next week.

Do you think Monster's lots should be broken down a little more? I'm really only concerned about the lots that have 8-9 cards in them.

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 20:55 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

change it to wdtynp :)

Want to help us record winners?

We should have lot orders set up ahead of time.
We have 10 lot rooms created. If we run Lot 1A – 10A, then 1B – 10B, etc. we will be able to keep track of who goes where.
Along those lines, we can keep our limited sellers in a set room, or rooms(Monster get's rooms 6–10 LOL) to keep them from being bounced from chat to chat after.

Make sense?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 21:07 
Key Grip
Key Grip

Scruluce wrote:
change it to wdtynp :)

Want to help us record winners?

We should have lot orders set up ahead of time.
We have 10 lot rooms created. If we run Lot 1A – 10A, then 1B – 10B, etc. we will be able to keep track of who goes where.
Along those lines, we can keep our limited sellers in a set room, or rooms(Monster get's rooms 6–10 LOL) to keep them from being bounced from chat to chat after.

Make sense?

I will record winners.

So....number the lots. Create rooms for those lots. The winners and sellers go in those rooms. Right?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 21:31 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

i have the rooms created. let me send you invites.

winners and sellers go in those rooms, correct.

Eventually, they will all be Monster auctions :roll:

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2014, 23:27 

monster never gave me an answer for minimum bids. Any ideas for where to set them for his lots?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next