FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 16:02

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 03:33 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
A² wrote:
monster never gave me an answer for minimum bids. Any ideas for where to set them for his lots?

no starting bid for the smaller lots. 2 per card on the ur+ lots? the UR base cards could easily start at 10 each.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 04:18 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
monster never gave me an answer for minimum bids. Any ideas for where to set them for his lots?

no starting bid for the smaller lots. 2 per card on the ur+ lots? the UR base cards could easily start at 10 each.

that works for me

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 06:51 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Sorry, I know I've been relatively silent (and useless) for this whole auction thing. It intimidates me, and I've never participated in a card auction in a chat room.

The one suggestion I have is that if you have UR bases that are potential teasers, don;t save all of them until the end - throw a few in along the way to make sure people don't lose interest or fall asleep, etc.

Other than that I will do my best to be on for the duration of the auction and will help in whatever way I can.

Also, I will make a spot for Sharpe today.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 11:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

OK, so I fucked that one up. Sorry about that. Still, average of 400 per Punisher is pretty good considering we had zilch 24 hours ago. Was planning on sending some PP your way anyway, so I'll send enough to split the difference.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 12:46 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

So... observations/suggestions:

- For future auctions I recommend setting a schedule and publishing it - the schedule would have key items that are expected to be sold in something like 10 minute intervals. For example:

8:00pm - UR+ Irving Forbush (Bruiser attack) 0 minimum
8:10pm - SSR base Ben Urich (Tactics defense) 12pp minimum
8:20pm - UC Spider-Man (Speed attack) 3pp minimum
8:30pm - Lot: UR+ Daredevil; UR+ X-23; UR+ Mystique (Speed defense) 10pp minimum

Then slot in more ho-hum lots as time allows between these times. So, if the UC spidey is "Sold!" by 8:25, maybe throw in a lot of 9 SR+ feeders or a UR+ of limited interest.

- We need to promote better. We had 57 or so total people but only 15 or so showed up, and many of those were us. I will develop some graphics that we can repurpose for future auction times.

- Each auction should probably have a "draw" card to help bring people in. The draw card needs to be done pretty much on schedule. We got hit with these Punishers at the last minute so it was hard to pull people in with them, especially since there were offers floating around for them all morning, but they were ideal for that purpose. Maybe we can build a reputation for having a pre-raid auction and bring regulars back for this...

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 13:09 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

The turnout isn't uncommon with the other auction room I'm in. lots of bystanders and a handful of bidders.

We should be able to draw more in as we go.

I would schedule on the quarter hour instead of 10 minute increments, to allow room, though 10 mins could be plenty.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 13:13 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
The turnout isn't uncommon with the other auction room I'm in. lots of bystanders and a handful of bidders.

We should be able to draw more in as we go.

I would schedule on the quarter hour instead of 10 minute increments, to allow room, though 10 mins could be plenty.

Yeah, I admittedly don't know what the realistic expectation of timing should be.

PostPosted: 19 Feb 2014, 14:03 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... sp=sharing

spreadsheet for recording Auction Room links. Direct links run to the left of the Wolf, indirect links list below the direct link.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2014, 07:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I only knew Line for one Ally, I think. Will try to get more in there.

Devjo is my add as well, but not a direct connection. May need to work on that. I added him for Punisher (and then he wasn't there for it, dammit).

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2014, 08:35 
Key Grip
Key Grip

You Know, for Kids wrote:
I only knew Line for one Ally, I think. Will try to get more in there.

Devjo is my add as well, but not a direct connection. May need to work on that. I added him for Punisher (and then he wasn't there for it, dammit).

That sucks. I ended up selling the second one for 350. You lucked out, Harv.

There should be plenty of TM spots open on Sharpehad.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2014, 13:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

fonglai wrote:
There should be plenty of TM spots open on Sharpehad.

We should encourage any of the more active participants to become fellows with Sharpe as it will facilitate transfers quite a lot.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 04:08 

Now that I've got this shiny new Venom, I'm thinking of making a slight deck overhaul to integrate it into my atk deck. It already slid seamlessly into my defense for a healthy upgrade. Current atk deck is: 3x kingpin, red skull and magneto. 3 are skill 10 and my base atk is 72,106. The only combo I'm getting is wild villains which only gives a 3% boost at 80% rate.

I can trade my 10/110 red skull straight up for 10/110 mad titan Thanos. Plugging Thanos into my atk with Venom gives me the Hungry for Death combo which boosts 5% at 80% rate. I'm not sure what the net loss or gain of my atk would be. I'm guessing it would be pretty comparable.

That trade would leave my magneto without a place. I think it would be fairly easy to sell, though. The long-term goal would be an eventual upgrade to a uleg hood or some other future card that would give me a big upgrade, be that a uleg or a center boost leg.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2014, 06:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I hate stepping into this locker-room with A2... I get total deck envy.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2014, 12:36 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Draft messaging for new AvA rules:

We're going to be changing our Wolf! strategy with this AvA, with the goal in mind of allowing all members every opportunity to meet any assignments for each day. Our previous strategy revolved around limiting fights over the first few days to keep our rank artificially low, which leads to easier matchups and more wins. However, with certain assignments require more participation, especially for the superpower tickets and booms, we feel as though many were struggling to try to reach these goals under our old system. To that end we are making the following modifications:

1. Any player can now enter us into a session at any time. If there are people on and willing, fight every session. The catch is that we will not be actively seeking wins, with the exceptions defined in #2 below...
2. We will adhere to our existing schedule for wins. 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm, 10pm, 1am. Try to be available during these fights and use these to earn your valor for the day.
3. For any other fights, we ask that you limit yourself to no more than 1000 valor for the fight. Again, we do want to keep our ranking low early on. If you fight these fights, help us keep the valor totals low.
4. For the scheduled wins, we obviously want wins, and we want everyone to reach their valor for the assignment, but again at least in the first few days help out by keeping the valor low. If you've hit your valor assignment total, ease up.
5. Each night we will assess in Line how we are doing collectively. If we've lost a few of our scheduled wins we may decide to be agrgessive with the 11pm or 12am fight(s) as needed.
6. Protection walls have changed. Help us keep the walls built between sessions.
7. This plan will place additional burden on our already self-sacrificing defense leader. We ask that anyone who can contribute even a single pp to her please do so, otherwise we may rick losing sessions we intend to win.

Keep in mind that this strategy is based off of this past AvA's assignment and reward schedule. Changes to those may force us to change these rules on the fly.

Suggestions:
- Depending on your total attack power, try to build a competent deck that can attack exactly 4, 3 or 2 times leaving you at 0 AP and use this when attacking weakened combo targets
- Make sure you utilize the between session quizzes. You can use them even if you didn't attack in the prior session.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2014, 18:05 

Since defense is, for the most part, irrelevant for anyone except alliance and defense leaders, I have contemplated stepping down as leader, selling all my defense cards and just focusing on building an amazing atk deck.

Defense is cool on the rare occasion when I can stop an attack, but when I think about how much pp I have invested in defense it really doesn't seem worth it. Especially since even as stout as my defense is, I still end up getting combo'ed like crazy during ava. I can stop the first couple of attacks but almost always end up getting overwhelmed. My total def is 75,914, all skill 10. To upgrade any further, I'd have to start getting in the gold apocalypse or something ridiculously high priced. I have enjoyed being a leader, though, so I'm not sure.

In this scenario, I would likely shut one account down and consolidate cards, only playing 2 accounts during survival trials and the occasional event here or there.

Harv, did I read that you are taking a break from the game?

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2014, 11:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Harv, did I read that you are taking a break from the game?

I'm on cruise-control for this event, as well as the one that just ended in RoB. I've been mostly ignoring Line as well, just checking to see if anyone has PMed me for any reason.

I want to have a post-mortem on the AvA amongst us as well as with the members. There were parts I felt went well, and there were parts that imploded.

We need a long-term solution for the DL and AL situation (if we are going to remain focused on AvA).

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2014, 20:06 

Harv, how's your deck shaping up? I see you bidding on a bunch of big def bruisers.

Scru, what do you have for atk and def these days? You got one of those sweet gold Jean Greys, didn't you?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 05:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Yes, I've switched to bruiser defense. A while back some ally cold-traded me a CM A-bomb base for some other SSR, so I built that and started gathering UR+ bruiser D. When I got the SoF I switched back to Speed D, but then another player sent me a trade for a Sandman base fairly cheap, so I am back on Bruiser D. The bruisers are relatively cheap, so it's a decent path. If I can find a match to that Kingpin he will fit in nicely.

Current deck is:
11238 - CM A-Bomb (3/70)
12848 - Sandman (1/80)
11045 - Surtur (1/80)
10982 - GN A-Bomb (3/70)
10660 - Martial Ares (1/70)

As soon as I can swap that Ares out for another villain the deck gets a small combo boost as well. Clearly a lot of room for improvement with the skills and overboosting, and then more Sandman or KP to replace the UR+ cards I guess...

I noticed you made me VL - thanks and stuff. I'll try not to get caught shooting anyone in the face on a hunting trip or mis-spelling potayto or anything.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 06:30 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Yes, I've switched to bruiser defense.

I first read that as "bustier," which prompted the thought: "What is this game and how can I get in on it?"

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 06:34 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Steel Frog wrote:

I first read that as "bustier," which prompted the thought: "What is this game and how can I get in on it?"

Who would want to defend against a bustier?

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 06:37 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

sldawgs wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

The best defense is a good offense.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 06:50 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:

The best defense is a good offense.

I conquer.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 12:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Steel Frog wrote:

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 12:24 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

And if I weren't firewall-controlled here at work I'd be able to point out that that last image is actually Marilyn Monroe from Playboy.

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2014, 17:00 

Yes, I've switched to bruiser defense. A while back some ally cold-traded me a CM A-bomb base for some other SSR, so I built that and started gathering UR+ bruiser D. When I got the SoF I switched back to Speed D, but then another player sent me a trade for a Sandman base fairly cheap, so I am back on Bruiser D. The bruisers are relatively cheap, so it's a decent path. If I can find a match to that Kingpin he will fit in nicely.

Current deck is:
11238 - CM A-Bomb (3/70)
12848 - Sandman (1/80)
11045 - Surtur (1/80)
10982 - GN A-Bomb (3/70)
10660 - Martial Ares (1/70)

As soon as I can swap that Ares out for another villain the deck gets a small combo boost as well. Clearly a lot of room for improvement with the skills and overboosting, and then more Sandman or KP to replace the UR+ cards I guess...

I noticed you made me VL - thanks and stuff. I'll try not to get caught shooting anyone in the face on a hunting trip or mis-spelling potayto or anything.

I think the Kingpin offers more bang for the buck than any other card right now. Its a 2-way card which hurts the boost but if its paired with other villains on atk and def then it offers the same level of boost as an alignment specific one-way card.

We had 2 leadership spots still available and after asking twice in wolfluminati no one stepped up to request it. It seemed foolish to have that spot vacant so I promoted you. Even now there is another open spot.

Speaking of wolfluminati, Candy hasn't had an account in our alliance for about 2 months but is still active in the chat and acting like one of us. So weird.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next