The Simpsons: Tapped Out

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Re: iPod Touch / iPhone Games

#76 Post by BubbyChubs » 12 Nov 2012, 10:12

Batman wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
Batman wrote:I notice I'm the only one with all five balloons. I also notice that they are still listed as available to buy; however, Itchy and Snowball II now can only be bought with doughnuts. When I originally bought them, each was for an increasing amount of cash as part of a task from Lisa. The last balloon was around $38,000. Is this not available to the rest of you?
I can buy the Itchy Balloon and Snowball 2 Balloon for doughnuts. I didn't have the cash to buy the balloons that were available for cash. And now there are only four total.
Which one is no longer available? I've got Blinky, Snowball II, Santa's Little Helper, Scratchy and Itchy.
Santa's Little Helper

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#77 Post by sldawgs » 12 Nov 2012, 11:32

BubbyChubs wrote:
Batman wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
Batman wrote:I notice I'm the only one with all five balloons. I also notice that they are still listed as available to buy; however, Itchy and Snowball II now can only be bought with doughnuts. When I originally bought them, each was for an increasing amount of cash as part of a task from Lisa. The last balloon was around $38,000. Is this not available to the rest of you?
I can buy the Itchy Balloon and Snowball 2 Balloon for doughnuts. I didn't have the cash to buy the balloons that were available for cash. And now there are only four total.
Which one is no longer available? I've got Blinky, Snowball II, Santa's Little Helper, Scratchy and Itchy.
Santa's Little Helper
That's weird because Santa's Little Helper is the third quest ballon for me. ($30,000) I already have Scratchy and Blinky and Snowball 2 is available for doughnuts, but Itchy is missing.
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#78 Post by Nunis » 12 Nov 2012, 12:14

Two of the balloons were never available for cash for me, or I'd have bought them.

On another note, does anyone else keep getting these same bullshit quests for Grampa and Cletus? How many times do I have to send Grampa to tell stories on the couch before he finally just dies, anyway?

BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#79 Post by BubbyChubs » 12 Nov 2012, 12:33

sldawgs wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
Batman wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
Santa's Little Helper
That's weird because Santa's Little Helper is the third quest ballon for me. ($30,000) I already have Scratchy and Blinky and Snowball 2 is available for doughnuts, but Itchy is missing.
I was mistaken. SLH is available through the quest but not if I try the shop. Still trying to save the cash.

BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#80 Post by BubbyChubs » 12 Nov 2012, 12:36

Nunis wrote:Two of the balloons were never available for cash for me, or I'd have bought them.

On another note, does anyone else keep getting these same bullshit quests for Grampa and Cletus? How many times do I have to send Grampa to tell stories on the couch before he finally just dies, anyway?
I don't have Grampa yet, but I do get unending quests to make Cletus dig through the garbage, or whatever. Cletus definitely gets the most quests.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#81 Post by sldawgs » 12 Nov 2012, 12:46

BubbyChubs wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
Batman wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
Santa's Little Helper
I was mistaken. SLH is available through the quest but not if I try the shop. Still trying to save the cash.
Ah, there's Itchy. I don't have the dough(nuts) to get him though.
Image Image Image

Batman
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

#82 Post by Batman » 12 Nov 2012, 16:03

Nunis wrote:Two of the balloons were never available for cash for me, or I'd have bought them.

I think you get the Abe/Cletus loop when you're at the end of the level. When level 23 opened, I started getting other quests, but once those ended and I hit the maximum XP, it went back to the loop.
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."

Batman

#83 Post by Batman » 17 Nov 2012, 03:24

For all of you still playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out, please spray paint my buildings when you visit. Righteousness drops down each week unless there's something to clean up. It's still worth the same amount as any other building.

BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#84 Post by BubbyChubs » 17 Nov 2012, 11:29

Batman wrote:For all of you still playing The Simpsons: Tapped Out, please spray paint my buildings when you visit. Righteousness drops down each week unless there's something to clean up. It's still worth the same amount as any other building.
That's all I do when I visit everyone.

Batman

#85 Post by Batman » 30 Nov 2012, 13:27

There's a new house available in Springfield for a limited time.

BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#86 Post by BubbyChubs » 06 Dec 2012, 07:02

I can't get the game to open since the update. Are you having any problems?

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#87 Post by sldawgs » 06 Dec 2012, 08:01

BubbyChubs wrote:I can't get the game to open since the update. Are you having any problems?
I couldn't get on last night or this morning.
Image Image Image

Batman

#88 Post by Batman » 06 Dec 2012, 09:40

No problems here as long as I have good 3G signal or broadband. When I'm in my office, 3G seems to be sporadic, so I can't maintain a long enough lock to play. That's probably just as well, though.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#89 Post by sldawgs » 09 Dec 2012, 15:14

Son of a bitch! I finally get in after 5 days of "can't connect to server" and my whole town is gone and the game is starting me over. WTF?!
Image Image Image

BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#90 Post by BubbyChubs » 09 Dec 2012, 19:22

sldawgs wrote:Son of a bitch! I finally get in after 5 days of "can't connect to server" and my whole town is gone and the game is starting me over. WTF?!
Weird. Your town still exists in my game

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#91 Post by sldawgs » 09 Dec 2012, 20:27

BubbyChubs wrote:
sldawgs wrote:Son of a bitch! I finally get in after 5 days of "can't connect to server" and my whole town is gone and the game is starting me over. WTF?!
I missed that it had logged me out and wanted me to log in again, and as soon as I did..."can't connect to server" FYSTO
Image Image Image

Batman

#92 Post by Batman » 10 Dec 2012, 01:08

sldawgs wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
I missed that it had logged me out and wanted me to log in again, and as soon as I did..."can't connect to server" FYSTO
Try turning your device off and then on. If that doesn't improve things, try reloading the app. You won't have lost anything as long as you log on again.

Batman

#93 Post by Batman » 10 Dec 2012, 06:42

Batman wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
Try turning your device off and then on. If that doesn't improve things, try reloading the app. You won't have lost anything as long as you log on again.
My son had this same problem. He couldn't log on for about a week. I told him to reload the app and presto... all is good.

On an unrelated Springfield note, since everyone is probably looking to start collecting Santa coins, when visiting a friend's Springfield, you'll get coins in addition to the obligatory cash and XP if you hit a decorated house or the Christmas tree. It's best to hit the Christmas tree if it's available, because that not only gets you the coin, but it restarts the regeneration time for the tree. For example, I noticed I had the "two hands" symbol over my Christmas tree this morning. It was supposed to generate the Santa coins at something like 1:00am, but I didn't stay awake that long. When I clicked on the tree, not only did I get my Santa coins, but the regenerate time was cut down to something like 18+ hours, as opposed to the usual 24 hours. So, if I was going to make a recommend as to which decorated properties to hit, I'd start with Edna's apartment (if it's decorated - it takes something like three days to regenerate), then move on to the Christmas tree or Scorpio's volcano (they both take 24 hours to regenerate), then move down to orange, white and blue houses. If anyone finds their righteousness has dropped down, make a post in here so we can spend the next couple of days vandalizing your properties before we move back to the Christmas-themed properties.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#94 Post by Nunis » 31 Dec 2012, 09:05

I'm taking a break from Tapped Out. I can't take any more mundane tasks. Someone please tell me when we next get a worthwhile update.

Batman

#95 Post by Batman » 31 Dec 2012, 10:34

Nunis wrote:I'm taking a break from Tapped Out. I can't take any more mundane tasks. Someone please tell me when we next get a worthwhile update.
Wilco.

BTW, how did you get to five-star status? I had to buy multiple houses, Kwik-E-Marts and restaurants in order to maximise all the sub-areas.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#96 Post by Nunis » 31 Dec 2012, 11:14

I've no idea. I didn't even know I had five stars. I haven't cleaned up any graffiti in weeks either. I have two brown houses and two KwikEMarts but apart from that, I haven't done anything special.

sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

#97 Post by sldawgs » 31 Dec 2012, 11:14

Batman wrote:
Nunis wrote:I'm taking a break from Tapped Out. I can't take any more mundane tasks. Someone please tell me when we next get a worthwhile update.
Wilco.

BTW, how did you get to five-star status? I had to buy multiple houses, Kwik-E-Marts and restaurants in order to maximise all the sub-areas.
She's The Nunis. Sorry, Batman, I know The Batman has a lot of pull, but you're not The Nunis.
Image Image Image

Batman

#98 Post by Batman » 03 Jan 2013, 01:01

There's been a slight change to The Simpsons: Tapped Out. You can now buy mystery stockings for 50 Santa coins each. So far, I've gained a couple of reindeer and five doughnuts. This runs until 10 Jan 2013 when presumably the snow will thaw and we'll get another update.

BTW, a 20 x 28 hedge maze costs around $50K, not including the land it was built on.

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#99 Post by Nunis » 03 Jan 2013, 05:25

Thanks for the update. Regret buying that second Funzo for 750 coins now.

Batman

#100 Post by Batman » 03 Jan 2013, 06:33

Nunis wrote:Thanks for the update. Regret buying that second Funzo for 750 coins now.
I regret spending 1750 coins and 20 doughnuts for all three.