FilmWise Forums
It is currently 22 Jun 2018, 18:38

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ingress
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 16:20 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

You Know, for Kids wrote:
I hate it when my fellow enlightened use those on my portals.

I have a whole bunch of Jarvis and ADAs saved up, though.

Less than 24 hours from my 150 day portal. With the lousy weather up here, I'm hoping the blue crowd will just stay home today.

Not making Level 10 this week though (still 260k away). Just not enough opportunities to earn AP.

So?

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2015, 16:23 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
A² wrote:

Less than 24 hours from my 150 day portal. With the lousy weather up here, I'm hoping the blue crowd will just stay home today.

Not making Level 10 this week though (still 260k away). Just not enough opportunities to earn AP.

So?

Care to ADA that portal, then smash it, then log in under my user and capture the portal again? 8)

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2015, 07:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:

So?

Badge achieved. 156 days and counting still.

Still about 90k shy of Lv10.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2015, 18:49 

Badge achieved. 156 days and counting still.

Still about 90k shy of Lv10.

Nice.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 10:38 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Just hit 10. 2m AP + 2 gold badges to 11.

Trekker gold is only some warm weather away. Not sure what the heck I'll need to do to get that 4th gold badge though.

Looks like it's time to put goals into the background for a while and just play casually for a bit.

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2015, 14:05 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Just hit 10. 2m AP + 2 gold badges to 11.

Trekker gold is only some warm weather away. Not sure what the heck I'll need to do to get that 4th gold badge though.

Looks like it's time to put goals into the background for a while and just play casually for a bit.

I can't believe you beat me to it. I'm so close.

I thought I'd get a big AP boost when I use a Jarvis on a resistance L8 anchor with 2 AXA shields and 2 force amps...
sadly, no AP is earned for destroying links and fields via Jarvis deployment. Not happy about that one.
13 links, 12 fields, zero AP.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2015, 06:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Yeah, no AP for Jarvis/ADA. The owner simply changes to Jarvis or ADA.

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2015, 13:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Now that they've removed the achievement for discovering new portals (and I get why they removed it), my discovery tally has been increased to 6. That would've been the bronze badge. :roll:

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2015, 07:44 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
Now that they've removed the achievement for discovering new portals (and I get why they removed it), my discovery tally has been increased to 6. That would've been the bronze badge. :roll:

10 is (still) the bronze.

You can still earn it - they've just obscured it for non-bronzers so that they can catch up on the ridiculous backlog. I'm at 5 myself, but I know people in my area who have achieved the badge since the "removal".

The sojourner one has me frustrated, though. I don't like feeling pressure to make sure I have a portal each day. A day like toady where it's about to start snowing and I have the wife and kids home likely means I'm not otherwise leaving my house. It's stupid. Hopefully i can get out to pick up pizza or whatever so I can at least get the bronze. I don't need any massive streaks, but I hate having the ? badges on my screen (currently Recruiter, Sojourner and SpecOps).

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2015, 11:56 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

yeah, the recruiter one is a pain for me.
if only we could talk some FWers into joining up, just for the sake of giving us recruitment badges...

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015, 13:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

10 is (still) the bronze...

you are not wrong.
I had 4 more portals go live this morning. That put me at 10, earning me the badge.
One of the local Ingress (ENL) gurus stated that the badge will only trigger if the accepted portals were submitted before the badge was removed. Guess we will see if/when I ever reach enough for the next milestone.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 05:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:
One of the local Ingress (ENL) gurus stated that the badge will only trigger if the accepted portals were submitted before the badge was removed. Guess we will see if/when I ever reach enough for the next milestone.

Hmmm... that's interesting. I wonder where they got that info from. They're still many months behind on reviewing these dso I suppose we shall see. I'm currently at 7 and I'm not sure how many of my submissions are left in the queue.

Congrats on the badge!

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 17:34 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

...and I'm still roughly 10K away from Level 10. :facepalm:

I've not made the time to knock this out. I've easily earned +100k in one late night outing before. Shameful.

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2015, 00:14 

Finally hit level 8 over the weekend. It was pretty anticlimactic

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2015, 19:35 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I finally hit level 10 a week or two back. I forgot to post it here.
Had a last minute, fly-by-night op to field over my town; 3 layers and over 500k MU. That earned me 2nd place on the regional leaderboard and a huge score lead at the last CP. It also got me to a Gold badge for total MU captured.

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 08:13 

Scruluce wrote:
Had a last minute, fly-by-night op to field over my town; 3 layers and over 500k MU. That earned me 2nd place on the regional leaderboard and a huge score lead at the last CP. It also got me to a Gold badge for total MU captured.

There's a regional leaderboard?

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2015, 11:18 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Scruluce wrote:

Nice. I still have not done the work to try to build a big field. I would think there are opportunities for some decent ones here.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 10:44 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Scruluce wrote:

Nice. I still have not done the work to try to build a big field. I would think there are opportunities for some decent ones here.

You really do need to coordinate with other ingressers. Someone suggested the anchors to me. Another player dropped keys at one of the nearby anchors for me. A third person drove to a few portals and smashed them to (potentially) clear the lane for one side of the field(s). I, at the last minute, changed the final anchor so I could get 3 layers instead of two. That anchor belonged to the resistance, so I had to wait until the dying last (about 15 minutes to checkpoint) to Jarvis the portal and throw my links.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2015, 18:29 

Scruluce wrote:
You really do need to coordinate with other ingressers. Someone suggested the anchors to me. Another player dropped keys at one of the nearby anchors for me. A third person drove to a few portals and smashed them to (potentially) clear the lane for one side of the field(s). I, at the last minute, changed the final anchor so I could get 3 layers instead of two. That anchor belonged to the resistance, so I had to wait until the dying last (about 15 minutes to checkpoint) to Jarvis the portal and throw my links.

Dang, that's some Navy Seal Ingressing. I just drive/walk around and blow shit up.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

Dang, that's some Navy Seal Ingressing. I just drive/walk around and blow shit up.

This. Our local group does terrific stuff, but I Ingress on the down-low.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 11:50 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Has anyone else found a MUFG capsule?
It's supposed to be an interest bearing capsule, but I've yet to see that happen.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2015, 18:41 

Scruluce wrote:
It's supposed to be an interest bearing capsule, but I've yet to see that happen.

I got one the other night. Sarah was pissed. I didn't even know what it was. I nonchalantly asked her about it. She's been hacking like mad to try to get one (to no avail) and I got one with my much more relaxed level of play.

We put some Jarvis' and AXA's in there to see if they would multiply. That was last Wednesday or Thursday and nothing has happened, yet.

It looks pretty, though.

PostPosted: 01 Jul 2015, 13:03 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

A² wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

I got one the other night. Sarah was pissed. I didn't even know what it was. I nonchalantly asked her about it. She's been hacking like mad to try to get one (to no avail) and I got one with my much more relaxed level of play.

We put some Jarvis' and AXA's in there to see if they would multiply. That was last Wednesday or Thursday and nothing has happened, yet.

It looks pretty, though.

There seems to be a very random interest rate, with some sites speculating that each cube, or range of cubes, has a different interest rate.
I've also seen some speculation that keeping the contained gear down to one or two types of items may increase odds of replication.

There are local players to my area that have seen things replicate – resos, AXAs – and a few of us that haven't seen anything replicate.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2015, 08:55 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Well, ya made me look, but I don't have one of these. I like the concept, though. I think I'd toss 50 lv 8 XMPs in there for a bit and see what happens.

Would truly love some sort of alchemy item so that I could turn resos and cubes into XMPs. Get on that, Google!

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2015, 09:33 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

I hit Lvl 11 last week.
Hacked a 2nd MUFG* capsule. It does produce, roughly at 1% interest weekly, regardless of the item. As such, 75 of one item will produce more (and more often) than one of each item, all in one MUFG* capsule.

Local ENL players have taken to referring to this red capsule as their MU'FuGn capsule.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next