FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 18:03

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Pokemon GO
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 12:19 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Although I'm unfamiliar with the specific Pokemon and their abilities, I do like the scavenger hunt idea of this. Any other FW Pokenerds out there?

Post subject: Re: Pokemon GO
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 12:21 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

I'm up to level 2 already!

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 12:32 

Steel Frog wrote:
I'm up to level 2 already!

Whoa, dude. You better check yourself before you wreck your Squirtle.

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2016, 17:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Yes.

But I don't make it obvious that's what I'm doing when I'm walking around.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 00:50 

justdrewit wrote:
Yes.

But I don't make it obvious that's what I'm doing when I'm walking around.

Trust me: it's obvious.

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 10:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I've downloaded it and open it every once in a while. I lucked out because my office is right next to a couple Pokestops so I can just farm those while sitting at my desk. I just walked by a gym spot on my way to work and saw about a dozen people sitting around on their phones. It's crazy how fast this took off...

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2016, 16:56 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

My wife was a beta tester so I've been seeing this nuttiness first hand since May. I think it's pretty excellent the way its getting so many people off their asses and out exploring (so long as they use their heads and don't get into accidents.) I think I'm up to level 12. Go team Red!

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 05:26 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Just got to level 7 myself. Have hardly been playing, but my office has two pokestops that are close enough to hit while sitting at my desk. It's crazy how many people are playing this, within a few weeks of its launch. Wonder how quickly this dies down, though.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 07:57 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Almost to level 5, so I haven't been in the gyms yet (story of my life). Saw a trick before I started so I started out with a Pikachu. There is a Pokestop in the park next door to my apartments.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2016, 08:57 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Level 9, also have a couple pokestops next to the office. Haven't been to the gyms yet. My roommate and I have been going on Saturday afternoon drives to see what we can find. Perfecting the pokestop drive by.

I was getting frustrated that all I see is Pidgeys and Rattatas in my neighborhood. And then I went for a run and realized that squirrels, chipmunks, and birds are all that live in my neighborhood. How the hell did they know that?

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 06:33 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
My wife was a beta tester so I've been seeing this nuttiness first hand since May. I think it's pretty excellent the way its getting so many people off their asses and out exploring (so long as they use their heads and don't get into accidents.) I think I'm up to level 12. Go team Red!

OK, so I've heard (and so I have been regurgitating) that this is Ingress repackaged, and that all of the Ingress portals are Pokestops or whatever the hell they are called. Is that somewhat accurate or do I need to stop?

I have zero interest in Pokemon, but still geocache regularly and play Ingress on occasion... and I know all of these people are looking at me thinking I'm playing Pokemon Go.

In fact, on our road trip this year, in Mississippi, we broke up a driving leg on the trip by going to see a giant rocking chair in Gulfport. There was already a car there parked in front when we got there but they were back in their car so we gfot out and took our selfie in front of this 3 story chair. We went back to our car and as we were pulling out they came over to us (TWSS) and asked if we were playing Pokemon Go. "No you fucking idiots - we were taking pictures in front of this giant fucking chair! Open your eyes!" is what I should have said. Instead we said sorry, no and drove onward.

In Tupelo, in a park near Elvis' birthplace, there were hordes of people playing as well.

I'm all about encouraging our youth (and adults) to get out and move more, but at least absorb *some* of what is actually in the places you are PokeGoing.

*PokeGoing TM and copyright YKFK Enterprises 2016. All rights reserved.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2016, 14:10 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

Level 21...

Go team Mystic, and stuff.

PostPosted: 23 Jul 2016, 21:07 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
You Know, for Kids wrote:
A² wrote:

OK, so I've heard (and so I have been regurgitating) that this is Ingress repackaged, and that all of the Ingress portals are Pokestops or whatever the hell they are called. Is that somewhat accurate or do I need to stop?

I have zero interest in Pokemon, but still geocache regularly and play Ingress on occasion... and I know all of these people are looking at me thinking I'm playing Pokemon Go.

In fact, on our road trip this year, in Mississippi, we broke up a driving leg on the trip by going to see a giant rocking chair in Gulfport. There was already a car there parked in front when we got there but they were back in their car so we gfot out and took our selfie in front of this 3 story chair. We went back to our car and as we were pulling out they came over to us (TWSS) and asked if we were playing Pokemon Go. "No you fucking idiots - we were taking pictures in front of this giant fucking chair! Open your eyes!" is what I should have said. Instead we said sorry, no and drove onward.

In Tupelo, in a park near Elvis' birthplace, there were hordes of people playing as well.

I'm all about encouraging our youth (and adults) to get out and move more, but at least absorb *some* of what is actually in the places you are PokeGoing.

wd on the copyright.

It sure seems like Ingress repackaged, doesn't it? It's a Niantic/Nintendo hybrid property. There are 3 teams, instead of 2. The one difference is the addition of gyms, which would otherwise be another portal in Ingress. I am not playing Ingress any longer, and have no intention of downloading Pokemon Go. I don't recall being so completely oblivious of my surroundings while playing Ingress, but there are so many reported instances of casualties in the line of game play with Pokemon Go. It's really rather ridiculous.

PostPosted: 24 Jul 2016, 02:45 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Scruluce wrote:
You Know, for Kids wrote:
A² wrote:

wd on the copyright.

It sure seems like Ingress repackaged, doesn't it? It's a Niantic/Nintendo hybrid property. There are 3 teams, instead of 2. The one difference is the addition of gyms, which would otherwise be another portal in Ingress. I am not playing Ingress any longer, and have no intention of downloading Pokemon Go. I don't recall being so completely oblivious of my surroundings while playing Ingress, but there are so many reported instances of casualties in the line of game play with Pokemon Go. It's really rather ridiculous.

The Ingress crowd was more of an adventurous crowd and as such, I think they were more aware. Pokemon Go caterers to a wider audience and so includes younger, more oblivious players as well as straight up idiots that know Pokemon from their childhood and aren't as concerned with safety.

PostPosted: 17 Feb 2017, 03:54 

They just dropped a shedload more Pokémon types out there. And by shedload, I mean shit-load.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2018, 22:09 

Anybody else still playing this? They’ve got some new deal where you need to have “friends”. As I’m still on vacation until tomorrow I really haven’t looked into it. Can anyone enlighten me? As you can tell, I prefer FilmWise to Google.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 05:25 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Batman wrote:
Anybody else still playing this? They’ve got some new deal where you need to have “friends”. As I’m still on vacation until tomorrow I really haven’t looked into it. Can anyone enlighten me? As you can tell, I prefer FilmWise to Google.

You now can make friends.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2018, 05:31 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

ok, maybe a little more detail is in order...

You can now get "gifts" from pokestops (max 5 in inventory, max 20 per day). These gifts can *only* be sent to friends and opened by them. As they open more and send you gifts to open, your friendship level grows. The gifts contain a general assortment of items, but if you have an egg spot available, they may contain special eggs as well.

If you are in close proximity to a friend, you can trade with them. There are restrictions (no trading mythical pokemon, pokemon can only be traded once) and each trade costs stardust. Quite a lot of stardust if the recipient doesn't have the pokemon in their pokedex yet.

Friends can work together better in raids and other semi-useful stuff like that too.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 02:33 

If anyone is interested in befriending me on this, my code is 1313 5437 7289.

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2018, 13:43 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

Batman wrote:
If anyone is interested in befriending me on this, my code is 1313 5437 7289.

I’ll be sending you a request soon :)