FilmWise Forums
It is currently 23 Sep 2018, 02:35

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2016, 09:17 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

Buckykatt wrote:
Dawson wrote:
I need a new book, reduced to reading Jack Reacher books, which are fun, but can read one in a day

I liked the first couple Reachers I read, but they're SO formulaic and Reacher is such a completely unbelievable character, I had to stop. (of course, you could arguably say that about Lucas Davenport in the Prey books, and I love those) Dawson, what do folks in the UK think about hte Robert Galbraith triology, the adult mystery series by JK Rowling? I just finished the third one and I've really enjoyed them all. They're kind of under the radar here, though--I don't think most americans realize she's written anything for adults (still haven't read Casual Vacancy) but I assume that's different across the pond...?

TBH I know nothing about them. I do want to read the prey books, they are on my list.
I'm not a JK fan tho. Never read any of the Harry Potter and know nothing about her adult stuff. I can say it gets a lot of coverage but it's not anything I ever paid attention to.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2016, 06:39 

I'm reading Less Than Zero now - Bret Easton Ellis
You can tell it's his first book. Long sentences and the structure is all over the place but it's actually a really good book.

PostPosted: 05 Apr 2016, 10:46 

Dawson wrote:
I'm reading Less Than Zero now - Bret Easton Ellis
You can tell it's his first book. Long sentences and the structure is all over the place but it's actually a really good book.

Just finished American Psycho. Bret Easton Ellis needs help. He's disturbed

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2016, 05:39 

Just read The Postman... apparently a modern day classic. It isn't that bad but nothing special that I can recall... will still read his other books now... just wouldn't put it in the classic category.

Next up is The Devil's Detective. I'm only 2 chapters in but hooked already. It is about a murder that has been committed, but the detective who is tasked with solving it happens to be a detective in hell... so there could be a few suspects along the way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1879 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76