FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 17:00

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1883 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next
PostPosted: 11 May 2004, 18:13 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

There's a transformers video game?

Please someone out there tell me it's not as cool (read: nerdy) as I want it to be and that I shouldn't go out and get a PS2 so i can play it (and Syphon Filter 4 & Gran Turismo)

This first post sucks. Let's put something useful here like a list of everyone's XBOX gamer tags:
A² = Rascal Stallion
Gren = grenergi
Philip = marmoset271
Bubby = GreenEyes57

Last edited by on 02 Jan 2011, 19:37, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 11 May 2004, 23:46 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Review

Images

PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 03:02 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A2 wrote:

Please someone out there tell me it's not as cool (read: nerdy) as I want it to be and that I shouldn't go out and get a PS2 so i can play it (and Syphon Filter 4 & Gran Turismo)

You should be going out to get a PS2 just to play Medal of Honour and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time :D

PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 03:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

London Redsox wrote:
A2 wrote:

You should be going out to get a PS2 just to play Medal of Honour and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time :D

Dude, it's an awesome DVD player too! Never skips or jumps. Not to mention wasting countless hours playing Ratchet & Clank, and all the Internet Hook ups for the sports games. Nothing like kicking the ass of some dude in Scotland in Tiger Woods 2004!

PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 04:46 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

wdavis73 wrote:
Dude, it's an awesome DVD player too!

They must make PS2s different in the states :-?

But you should have one to play Hitman: Contracts. I've not played it yet but i'm led to believe it rules.

He was glad to get it.

PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 04:58 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Gren wrote:
wdavis73 wrote:

But you should have one to play Hitman: Contracts. I've not played it yet but i'm led to believe it rules.

Tried the original Hitman, didn't like it at all...the control system was all screwy :-?

PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 05:07 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

London Redsox wrote:
Gren wrote:
wdavis73 wrote:

Tried the original Hitman, didn't like it at all...the control system was all screwy :-?

I have Hitman 2 and it was loads of fun.

Hey A2 this new Transformers game is based off of the new show that airs on the Cartoon Network...So most of your favorite characters may not be in it or are totally different.
The graphics and gameplay look kinda cool though.

You guys also forget the GTA games which kick ass plus Tenchu:Stealth assasins which in my opinion is WAY better ninja game then Ninja Gaiden.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 06:24 

I have an XBOX and can play all of these other games you mentioned on it. I actually just bought Hitman 2 last night. I got really, really frustrated trying to play it and be all sneaky. So, I just started playing all the levels with guns blazing and it was amazing how much easier the game became.

There are new transformers cartoons? <runs off to do some research>

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 06:31 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A2 wrote:
There are new transformers cartoons? <runs off to do some research>

Damn dude there are like 3 new different Transformers cartoon since the 80's one.

Theres Beast wars which has like 3-4 seasons which has the robots transforming into Animals.

Theres some Anime looking one that completely Fed up the whole storyline...where some good guys are now badguys and vice versa...also the look of them all changed where Optimus looks like megatron and vice versa.

Then there is Transformer Energon don't know what thats about...

and Now Its Transformers Armada i think...which has pretty cool animation...I dont watch it but its on at like 6:30am beforeI leave for work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 06:47 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

i've been thinking about picking up hitman: contracts, myself...

and as for gta...the first look at gta: san andreas will come in june, while the game will be released in october...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 07:38 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

Hitman: Codename 47 (PC) - Brilliant, but too short

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (PS2) - Very good, but some levels were too hard to 'sneak' through and just ended up blasting through.

Hitman: Contracts: Not played, but looks good

The controls of Hitman suit the PC better but my PC isn't upto playing new games any more. In other news you can pre-order GTA-SA on Amazon for its October release!

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 07:42 

Gren wrote:

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (PS2) - Very good, but some levels were too hard to 'sneak' through and just ended up blasting through.

I've only played the first three levels so far, but all I seem to be able to do is go in and kill everything that moves. On that level where you get off the subway and have to go kill the dude in the meeting I couldn't go anywhere without those stupid townsfolk running around and telling the guards I had a sniper rifle. A quick bullet to the noggin shut them up.

I really enjoy using the wire to kill people, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 07:51 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A2 wrote:
Gren wrote:

I've only played the first three levels so far, but all I seem to be able to do is go in and kill everything that moves. On that level where you get off the subway and have to go kill the dude in the meeting I couldn't go anywhere without those stupid townsfolk running around and telling the guards I had a sniper rifle. A quick bullet to the noggin shut them up.

I really enjoy using the wire to kill people, too.

I can never get the wire to work they always turn around just as Im about to get em.

I did pretty well on that subway mission key is to carry the silenced pistol and just cap everyone you see. Get a gaurd uniform then walk to the building you snipe from. As long as you don't get to close to the other guards they won't notice you because the Sniper rifle looks a bit like there AK47s.

In HM2 Im at this mission where Im in a Japanese castle being hunted down by ninjas. Its about 6 or 7 missions into the game. I haven't played it sense cause I got an xbox with KoToR and that took my attention away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:11 

Knights of the Old Republic is a great game. I played it through 4 times just to try it with different characters on both endings. A sequel has been announced so hopeful the next one will be just as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:12 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

I completed the game pretty quickly using the 'if you can't fool em, blast em' strategy but still enjoyed it. If you want any tips I can help you out (though you're on the internet, guides aren't that far away). Although I could never do the first level without blasting through, and i'm pretty sure sneaking in Japan was impossible, you have to long range snipe. In the castle you have to kill a lot of people then (spoiler removed) to finish the level.

Sneaking up on people is very hard on PS2, both XIII and Manhunt struggled because of the clunky controls.

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:14 

Sneaking is pretty easy on the XBOX. You just click the left trigger once to sneak and then again to go back to regular walking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:18 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Just as you were changing this thread title...I was searching for our old thread...here

:D :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:21 

I knew we had that old thread. It just seemed like this one had turned from my original transformers question to be more all-encompassing.

Plus, I was too lazy to hunt down the old one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:36 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

I don't mean the transition between sneak and normal. I mean having to be gentle with the analog stick to differentiate between walking and creeping. In fact [soapbox] i'm not sure creeping was possible in XIII because there was a section called special skills or something and I didn't have the 'stealth kill' qualification. Then in Manhunt the way the camera always spun round behind you meant walking at an angle was nigh on impossible, and the swinging motion was dis-orientating. I feel they are 2 things that spoil otherwise decent games [/soapbox] Everything was easier when you just used the d-pad.

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:41 

ah, now I understand.

the d-pad seems to give much better control. I know when playing NFL games it is way easier to play with the d-pad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

new Xbox stype controller which is now standard with the Xbox is pretty nice. The HM2 controls are pretty clunky for PS2 the sneak and run are almost the same control and it doesn't always register when you try to use any of them.

Im a little more than halfway through KoToR as a dark jedi which is really fun. Tell people you'll help them then shoot them with force lightning.
But I accidently gained a bunch of light side points cause I couldn't sell the wookies into slavery. Just somethin about those wookies that touched my evil heart.

While were on the subject of general Video Games I want to mention I have a web site for my superhero team in City of Heros. ITs not finished yet I still need a bunch of pics and I'm trying to find a way to put a fourm on the site or some sort of response section if its possible. Anyway here it is.

http://www.81x.com./fivestyle/teamchaos

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 08:55 

I know I feel safer knowing team chaos is patrolling the streets

My first time through KotOR I played as a good guy. It was fun, but I had more fun the second time through as a bad guy. It was funny, though, how hard it was for me sometimes to choose the dark path. It was really difficult for me to be mean to those animated characters I encountered. It's fun to see the different ways the story unfolds between dark/light and male/female. My favorite of the three character types was the soldier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 09:22 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A2 wrote:
I know I feel safer knowing team chaos is patrolling the streets

My first time through KotOR I played as a good guy. It was fun, but I had more fun the second time through as a bad guy. It was funny, though, how hard it was for me sometimes to choose the dark path. It was really difficult for me to be mean to those animated characters I encountered. It's fun to see the different ways the story unfolds between dark/light and male/female. My favorite of the three character types was the soldier.

Yeah Team Chaos is really just a bunch of my friends making fun of each other and other people playing.

I feel the same way about KoToR I meen some evil stuff was fun to do but some of it went a long way. I ended up missing out on alot of missions cause I pissed off the people who gave them to me. It was funny going around and telling everyone to give me credits or I'd kill them and then have the evil guys in my group say "thats low even for us".

My favorite was the robot you have with you that calls everyone a Meatbag.

How different is the story from the female perspective?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 09:50 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

fivestyle wrote:
While were on the subject of general Video Games I want to mention I have a web site for my superhero team in City of Heros. ITs not finished yet I still need a bunch of pics and I'm trying to find a way to put a fourm on the site or some sort of response section if its possible. Anyway here it is.

http://www.81x.com./fivestyle/teamchaos

They're not the best forums, and i'm not sure how it works, but free forums are available here http://www.boards2go.com

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 May 2004, 10:37 

fivestyle wrote:
Jedi Knight Outcast and Academy you use the force which is sort of like mind powers. Id have to hear an example of the powers in the game to make a true comparison.

I almost bought Jedi Knight Academy last night (when I went for Hitman 2 instead.) How is it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1883 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 76  Next