General video game discussion

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#176 Post by Gren » 26 Sep 2004, 16:38

My continuing obsession with this game continues. Official San Andreas trailer now available (under Movies)
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

Greg the Guileful
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#177 Post by Greg the Guileful » 26 Sep 2004, 16:52

Gren wrote:My continuing obsession with this game continues. Official San Andreas trailer now available (under Movies)
i've been following it for months...

the new trailer looks awesome...especially with gnr in the background...

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#178 Post by Nunis » 27 Sep 2004, 08:31

I am obsessed too. But the object of my affection is The Sims 2. I wasn't even gonna buy it - I never buy video games - but my brother had a copy so I decided to get one. It's impossible to stop playing. Last night I started at 7 and played until 4 this morning. Then I got up at around 10 and have been playing for about 6 hours today. Someone please help me.

Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#179 Post by » 27 Sep 2004, 09:04

Nunis wrote:I am obsessed too. But the object of my affection is The Sims 2. I wasn't even gonna buy it - I never buy video games - but my brother had a copy so I decided to get one. It's impossible to stop playing. Last night I started at 7 and played until 4 this morning. Then I got up at around 10 and have been playing for about 6 hours today. Someone please help me.
What career path have you chosen?
The :) means it's all ok.

Odd Todd
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

#180 Post by Odd Todd » 27 Sep 2004, 10:16

I just don't understand THE SIMS... making a little family... buying a house... decorating said house... then watching them live the life your not having... that's not very fun to me. To each their own... but my general feeling on the issue is this:
"I have to take a leak so bad I can taste it!" - Strange Brew

Spikel7l
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#181 Post by Spikel7l » 27 Sep 2004, 10:32

Anyone playing Star Wars BattleFront?

I like it.

I like it alot.
Doot dooo do do do

#182 Post by » 27 Sep 2004, 11:15

Spikel7l wrote:Anyone playing Star Wars BattleFront?

I like it.

I like it alot.
I went to buy it twice this weekend and both places were sold out :(

Nunis
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

#183 Post by Nunis » 27 Sep 2004, 13:23

I just like The Sims as a game because it doesn't involve shooting people. What's cool about this new version is that you can do pretty much anything. You can be a criminal if you want. And your sims age, so you will grow old and die eventually. So far, I have been promoted in the field of Science to a lecturer (such a nerd). I married a nice guy called Darren (coincidence, I promise - he was already a character in the game) and we adopted a kid, but he cheated on me so I kicked his ass out. :lol: Now it's just me and the kid. I live in a fabulous house with a swimming pool. I'm spending way too much time on this already.

fivestyle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#184 Post by fivestyle » 28 Sep 2004, 08:15

Im thinking of getting SW battlefront. If you have the SW box set the 4th DVD has an X-box demo of the game. I wouldn't base your opion of the game on it tho. Its only single player and the game engine is not really based for single player play its more of a multi player. The AI in single really sucks and I've known that to deter a few people from the game because they didn't realize it was more multi based.

AngryPenguin
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#185 Post by AngryPenguin » 28 Sep 2004, 12:16

Gren wrote:My continuing obsession with this game continues. Official San Andreas trailer now available (under Movies)
That clip is amazing, this game can't come soon enough. I'm happy to see a little G&R on the soundtrack.

Chris
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#186 Post by Chris » 29 Sep 2004, 04:31

SpikeTV is working on a new animated series based (loosely) on GTA.

From the futon critic:
HIT AND RUN (Spike TV, New!) - Scott Fellows ("Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide," "The Fairly OddParents") has received a pilot order from the cable channel for a new animated series, which is likened to a TV version of the popular videogame "Grand Theft Auto." The half-hour Miami-based project revolves around an entry-level bank manager who gets caught in an underworld power struggle when he crosses paths with a professional hit man. Fellows will produce alongside wife Michelle ("Drake & Josh"). "Hit and Run" joins "Howard Stern: The High School Years," which recently received a 13-episode order, as part of the network's efforts to rebuild its animated stable.

AngryPenguin
Lead Actor
Lead Actor

#187 Post by AngryPenguin » 29 Sep 2004, 09:16

Interesting, but i dont' think they have a hit on their hands. Or even a mild success for that matter. I think watching something like gta would be pretty boring IMHO
cbarnes466 wrote:SpikeTV is working on a new animated series based (loosely) on GTA.

From the futon critic:
HIT AND RUN (Spike TV, New!) - Scott Fellows ("Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide," "The Fairly OddParents") has received a pilot order from the cable channel for a new animated series, which is likened to a TV version of the popular videogame "Grand Theft Auto." The half-hour Miami-based project revolves around an entry-level bank manager who gets caught in an underworld power struggle when he crosses paths with a professional hit man. Fellows will produce alongside wife Michelle ("Drake & Josh"). "Hit and Run" joins "Howard Stern: The High School Years," which recently received a 13-episode order, as part of the network's efforts to rebuild its animated stable.

London Redsox
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#188 Post by London Redsox » 04 Oct 2004, 02:07

OK, so I caved in and bought myself Rome: Total War for the PC (I traded in the disappointing PS2 Driver 3)

I can see me totally getting into this, it's just so good, and I've only done the prologue. I've never been one for startegy games of building empires etc. but the stand-alone battles also look amazing. They used the game engine for this for a short-lived TV Series on BBC 2 this year called 'Time Commanders', and it's pretty nice. The interface is also easy although I'm sure I should have paid a heavier price for charging serried ranks of spearmen with my cavalry :teeth:
"Back to Foulke...he has it...Red Sox fans have longed to hear it...The Boston Red Sox are World Champions!" - Oct. 27th 2004

fivestyle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#189 Post by fivestyle » 04 Oct 2004, 08:20

I have Shogun and Medevil total war which are both really fun. They get more complex as they come out with more games.

In shogun you can get ninjas or Geisha girls to kill your oppents generals or Shogun.

In both your leader has children and if they die and batlle and then your leader dies you lose. Medevil has it so you can marry off your offspring to form alliances and spy on your oppents.

There very fun but also very time consumeing.

On a side note very soon I will be picking up Star Wars Battle Front. This is a wolfenstein/Battlefield 1942 style FPS. In other words you run around shooting empirials or rebals depending on which side you choose. The cool thing is that you can pilot various vehicles such as land speeders, speeder bikes, ATATs, AT-STs, and X-wings etc... Supposedly you can play on maps that involve the famous battles from the movies plus a few others. Should be realyl fun.

#190 Post by » 04 Oct 2004, 09:30

The bonus disc of the Star Wars triology DVD has an XBOX demo of Battlefront. It is the Endor field.

It is quite a bit of fun. My favorite part was playing as the empire and driving the AT-ST

Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

#191 Post by Gren » 04 Oct 2004, 10:36

London Redsox wrote:OK, so I caved in and bought myself Rome: Total War for the PC (I traded in the disappointing PS2 Driver 3)
I don't want to say I told you so...
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

London Redsox
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#192 Post by London Redsox » 05 Oct 2004, 01:30

Gren wrote:
London Redsox wrote:OK, so I caved in and bought myself Rome: Total War for the PC (I traded in the disappointing PS2 Driver 3)
I don't want to say I told you so...
:whistling:
"Back to Foulke...he has it...Red Sox fans have longed to hear it...The Boston Red Sox are World Champions!" - Oct. 27th 2004

Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#193 Post by Eric Draven » 09 Oct 2004, 00:33

So, I got a copy of fable and a copy of SW: Battlefront. I like both so far, and I'm trying to be pure evil in fable. It's working out alright, I guess.
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

#194 Post by » 11 Oct 2004, 07:56

Eric Draven wrote:So, I got a copy of fable and a copy of SW: Battlefront. I like both so far, and I'm trying to be pure evil in fable. It's working out alright, I guess.
Post again after you beat Fable. I'm curious to see if you liked it better than I did.

Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#195 Post by Eric Draven » 11 Oct 2004, 08:55

A2 wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:So, I got a copy of fable and a copy of SW: Battlefront. I like both so far, and I'm trying to be pure evil in fable. It's working out alright, I guess.
Post again after you beat Fable. I'm curious to see if you liked it better than I did.
Well, so far I'm not trying to just beat the game quickly. I want to truly enjoy it. So like, I got married to this girl, and on the first night, we had sex four times. That's life, baby!
Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.

#196 Post by » 11 Oct 2004, 09:07

Eric Draven wrote:
A2 wrote:
Well, so far I'm not trying to just beat the game quickly. I want to truly enjoy it. So like, I got married to this girl, and on the first night, we had sex four times. That's life, baby!
If you do her regularly and give her gifts she will sometimes give you cool weapons and stuff.

Don't forget, too, that you can have many, many wives (and husbands, too, for that matter)

Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#197 Post by Eric Draven » 11 Oct 2004, 09:09

A2 wrote:
Eric Draven wrote:
A2 wrote:
If you do her regularly and give her gifts she will sometimes give you cool weapons and stuff.

Don't forget, too, that you can have many, many wives (and husbands, too, for that matter)
Yeah, after number four, she gave me a ruby. I figured she was just really impressed.

Eric Draven
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#198 Post by Eric Draven » 16 Oct 2004, 21:27

Halo. 2. Freakin. Rocks.

My friend got an illegal copy (in french), so we've been playing all day. It's sooooo rad. I mean, it's pretty much like Halo but with new features. Like you can hold two guns at once (with certain guns only) and in multiplayer, you can be Elite. That and the scenery is new. (Guess where you get to be)

#199 Post by » 18 Oct 2004, 07:56

I'm jealous of your Halo 2. I've got mine on reserve and am licking my chops in anticipation.

I've been playing a bunch of Star Battlegrounds, lately. It's a lot of fun, but it seems like it's too much of the same thing. I'm afraid I'll be getting tired of it pretty quickly.

Hoth is definitely my favorite planet to play on. I love driving the AT-AT and going for the generators and I also really enjoy playing the other side and flying the snowspeeders to try to take out the AT-AT.

I'm a bit ashamed of how much I enjoy killing Gungans and Ewoks, though.

fivestyle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#200 Post by fivestyle » 18 Oct 2004, 08:15

I keep getting killed cause I give my position away or run out of ammo shooting ewoks, its just too irresistable.

On another note I just got x-men legends and its pretty fun. It's sort of a
Diablo esque game but you get to play as the x-men. you can have 4 x-men on a mission at a time and the further you go the more x-men you unlock and can add to your team.
RISE!!!