General video game discussion

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Message
Author
capsicum
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2069
Joined: 26 Oct 2005, 11:48
Gender: Male
Location: Left Coast
Contact:

#951 Post by capsicum » 08 Jul 2008, 16:36

enigmafa wrote:
Middle wrote:
capsicum wrote:
enigmafa wrote:Oh god let the countless hours in front of a computer screen begin again...
Diablo 3 announced
:green:
:green:

Although I must say the people who made this petition do have a point. I'd rather see the murky Diablo tones than the pastel WoW colors.
I see lots of people moaning about in their forum but, I don't think they are necessarily done with all the visual components. Sort of a wire-frame rendering if you will. I hope.
I just know that this is going to force me to buy a new computer. The wife is going to kill me.
Hooray for capsicum!

User avatar
Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 8502
Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Gender: Male
Location: Around

#952 Post by Middle » 08 Jul 2008, 23:40

capsicum wrote:
enigmafa wrote:
Middle wrote:
capsicum wrote:
enigmafa wrote:Oh god let the countless hours in front of a computer screen begin again...
Diablo 3 announced
:green:
:green:

Although I must say the people who made this petition do have a point. I'd rather see the murky Diablo tones than the pastel WoW colors.
I see lots of people moaning about in their forum but, I don't think they are necessarily done with all the visual components. Sort of a wire-frame rendering if you will. I hope.
I just know that this is going to force me to buy a new computer. The wife is going to kill me.
Thank god computer hardware is at an all time low. And luckily it's only coming out 12/31/09, so you have some time to prepare yourself befrore you break the news.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

User avatar
Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Jun 2005, 06:54

#953 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 13 Jul 2008, 14:24


User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18828
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

#954 Post by Agrajag » 16 Jul 2008, 22:13

Debated whether this deserved to be here or in Help me Obi-wan....

It's really annoying having to enter the Parental Access Code every time I try to play a DVD on my PS2. I've searched the interweb and found plenty of ways to reset the password, but very little help actually disabling it. Can anyone here help?
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

Ulkesh
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2489
Joined: 24 May 2004, 17:43
Gender: Male
Location: France

#955 Post by Ulkesh » 17 Jul 2008, 04:21

Agrajag wrote:Debated whether this deserved to be here or in Help me Obi-wan....

It's really annoying having to enter the Parental Access Code every time I try to play a DVD on my PS2. I've searched the interweb and found plenty of ways to reset the password, but very little help actually disabling it. Can anyone here help?
According to this page, you have to start playing a DVD, then press stop (or whatever button stops playing), press select to go to the menu and navigate to the parental options menu where you should be able to turn the code off.

User avatar
Agrajag
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
Posts: 18828
Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Gender: Male
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Contact:

#956 Post by Agrajag » 17 Jul 2008, 22:58

Ulkesh wrote:
Agrajag wrote:Debated whether this deserved to be here or in Help me Obi-wan....

It's really annoying having to enter the Parental Access Code every time I try to play a DVD on my PS2. I've searched the interweb and found plenty of ways to reset the password, but very little help actually disabling it. Can anyone here help?
According to this page, you have to start playing a DVD, then press stop (or whatever button stops playing), press select to go to the menu and navigate to the parental options menu where you should be able to turn the code off.
Found similar help on another site, but that one didn't emphasize the stopping of the DVD. For some stupid reason, you can't change the security level while watching a DVD, nor can you do it without a DVD in the player. Only when a DVD is stopped.

Brilliant job Sony...

:whu!:
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?

Ulkesh
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2489
Joined: 24 May 2004, 17:43
Gender: Male
Location: France

#957 Post by Ulkesh » 19 Jul 2008, 05:00

A² wrote:I finished in 19 hours and 2 minutes. I guess my next goal should be getting 100% but I don't know if I have the patience to hunt down all the pigeons. I though the "Deal" ending was way easier than the "Revenge" ending. My favorite missions are the Francis missions with Gambetti's a distant second.
I finished my second playthrough too, changing every decision I had made in the first one. I was rather disappointed that the final mission is nearly the same in both "Deal" and "Revenge". :?

User avatar
BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2752
Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 03:24
Gender: Female
Location: Texas

#958 Post by BubbyChubs » 22 Jul 2008, 09:47

This seems slightly ridiculous

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34667
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

#959 Post by sldawgs » 22 Jul 2008, 10:10

BubbyChubs wrote:This seems slightly ridiculous
"slightly"
Headed for the grocery store, Wish me luck.
Image Image

User avatar
Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Jun 2005, 06:54

#960 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 21 Aug 2008, 17:36

The demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed went up on the Xbox Marketplace today and it's damn sweet.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35062
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

#961 Post by » 21 Aug 2008, 19:12

Mr.StayPuft wrote:The demo for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed went up on the Xbox Marketplace today and it's damn sweet.
Thanks for the heads up. I've been looking forward to this (and this may be the game that pushes me into getting the wii)
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35062
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

#962 Post by » 26 Aug 2008, 17:37

With Force Unleashed, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Rock Band 2 and GH World Tour all coming out between Sept and Oct I'm not going to be able to keep up.
The :) means it's all ok.

User avatar
Mr.StayPuft
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 2299
Joined: 14 Jun 2005, 06:54

#963 Post by Mr.StayPuft » 04 Oct 2008, 09:47

Image

wd.

bing
Verdana 10pt
Verdana 10pt
Posts: 14573
Joined: 24 Oct 2002, 00:05
Gender: Male
Location: Harlem rock city
Contact:

#964 Post by bing » 14 Oct 2008, 10:38

Mr.StayPuft wrote:Image

wd.
:green:


On that note: after extolling Mega Man 9 one of my friends recommended I wanna be the guy, which is basically a super hard platformer with a ton of gameplay elements from old NES/SNES games. It's really tough, but also really addictive.

sample gameplay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvSF1I8ML4c

User avatar
Gren
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Posts: 17956
Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Gender: Male
Location: Salford, England
Contact:

Re: General video game discussion

#965 Post by Gren » 10 Nov 2008, 14:12

Should I be worried/appalled enough about the 'DRM/SecuRom controversy' to not buy C&C: Red Alert 3?
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5939
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

Re: General video game discussion

#966 Post by TK421 » 17 Nov 2008, 07:26

Mortal Kombat Vs. DC:
Image
Image

User avatar
TK421
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
Posts: 5939
Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49

Re: General video game discussion

#967 Post by TK421 » 20 Nov 2008, 07:38

Has anyone played the various Lego games?

Are they any good?


I know of:
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Batman


I played a demo of the SW which came on my 360. It seemed pretty good.

It has been out for forever and just recently dropped to $20, so I figure that it must be pretty good for it to have remained at the high price for so long.

What about Batman and Indy. I see that Indy is now at Target for $35 already. This is a relatively short span of time in relation to the SW game for it to get a drop. Does that mean it is sucky? What about Batman?
Image

User avatar
sldawgs
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
Posts: 34667
Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Gender: Male
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Contact:

Re: General video game discussion

#968 Post by sldawgs » 20 Nov 2008, 07:54

TK421 wrote:Has anyone played the various Lego games?

Are they any good?


I know of:
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Batman


I played a demo of the SW which came on my 360. It seemed pretty good.

It has been out for forever and just recently dropped to $20, so I figure that it must be pretty good for it to have remained at the high price for so long.

What about Batman and Indy. I see that Indy is now at Target for $35 already. This is a relatively short span of time in relation to the SW game for it to get a drop. Does that mean it is sucky? What about Batman?
Target is dropping a lot of prices in a bid to bring in the shoppers so that may be why there was a drop.
Headed for the grocery store, Wish me luck.
Image Image

Sela
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.
Posts: 12082
Joined: 19 Dec 2005, 09:12
Gender: Male
Location: You know, right here

Re: General video game discussion

#969 Post by Sela » 20 Nov 2008, 08:18

TK421 wrote:Has anyone played the various Lego games?

Are they any good?


I know of:
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Batman


I played a demo of the SW which came on my 360. It seemed pretty good.

It has been out for forever and just recently dropped to $20, so I figure that it must be pretty good for it to have remained at the high price for so long.

What about Batman and Indy. I see that Indy is now at Target for $35 already. This is a relatively short span of time in relation to the SW game for it to get a drop. Does that mean it is sucky? What about Batman?
I've just started the Batman Lego for Wii. Certainly there is plenty to explore and find, if you want to master the game. It's OK, just not spectacular. Maybe once you play some Lego games, the novelty wears off.. :3stars:
8 more months of school.....
Image

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

Re: General video game discussion

#970 Post by JJ » 23 Nov 2008, 21:02

TK421 wrote:Has anyone played the various Lego games?

Are they any good?


I know of:
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Batman


I played a demo of the SW which came on my 360. It seemed pretty good.

It has been out for forever and just recently dropped to $20, so I figure that it must be pretty good for it to have remained at the high price for so long.

What about Batman and Indy. I see that Indy is now at Target for $35 already. This is a relatively short span of time in relation to the SW game for it to get a drop. Does that mean it is sucky? What about Batman?
I've only played the SW Ep. 4-6. Lots and lots of fun. Kids loved it, too.
La la la la la.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

Re: General video game discussion

#971 Post by JJ » 26 Nov 2008, 19:14

Finally finished Zack and Wiki. :4stars:

Looking forward to the sequel, when they make a porno.
La la la la la.

Philip
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 10002
Joined: 01 Sep 2001, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: General video game discussion

#972 Post by Philip » 26 Nov 2008, 21:35

JJ wrote:Finally finished Zack and Wiki. :4stars:

Looking forward to the sequel, when they make a porno.
wd.

I gave up at the giant squid.

User avatar
JJ
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
Posts: 29144
Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V

Re: General video game discussion

#973 Post by JJ » 27 Nov 2008, 08:19

Philip wrote:
JJ wrote:Finally finished Zack and Wiki. :4stars:

Looking forward to the sequel, when they make a porno.
wd.

I gave up at the giant squid.
ty

As I had impatient kids watching, I cheated a fair bit. (Read the FAQ.) You should really finish it, though -- there are only a few levels left after the squid.

(And what's holding you up with the squid, anyway? That's not one of the hardest parts.)
La la la la la.

User avatar
alan smithee
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Posts: 40086
Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Gender: Male
Location: San Francisco

Re: General video game discussion

#974 Post by alan smithee » 28 Nov 2008, 00:24

JJ wrote:
Philip wrote:
JJ wrote:Finally finished Zack and Wiki. :4stars:

Looking forward to the sequel, when they make a porno.
wd.

I gave up at the giant squid.
ty

As I had impatient kids watching, I cheated a fair bit. (Read the FAQ.) You should really finish it, though -- there are only a few levels left after the squid.

(And what's holding you up with the squid, anyway? That's not one of the hardest parts.)
np
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.

User avatar
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Posts: 35062
Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Gender: Male
Location: parts unknown

Re: General video game discussion

#975 Post by » 28 Nov 2008, 19:09

What do you other 360 users think of the new look of XBOX Live? I haven't taken much time to explore it, yet.
The :) means it's all ok.

Post Reply