FilmWise Forums
It is currently 17 Jun 2018, 23:12

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next
PostPosted: 23 Mar 2015, 16:42 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Thanks Bill and Middle, your endorsements were helpful. At $10.19 for all three games, I could hardly go wrong.

Now I just need to finish my Skyrim playthrough where I try to do every mission. I'm doing it on expert so it's not insane but it still difficult in places. The hardest parts so far have been finding all the building materials I need to fully build both houses. I'm spending way too much time trying to get large antlers and sabre cat teeth.

PostPosted: 24 Mar 2015, 18:39 

During down time at work I like to play Civilization V. Its a good game for me up here because of several factors. Its turn based so in the event that I need to, you know, work for a while I can leave it alone and not come back to find everything wrecked. It's also good because of all the different variables you can put into play (different countries, world type, victory conditions) to ensure no two play throughs are the same. I submit that pretext to try to justify what I just learned. Steam has a record of how many hours I have played. The total hours is astounding.

In the 4.5 years since it was released, I have logged over 4100 hours playing this game. I know Gladwell says it takes 10,000 hours to master something, but I have a pretty good idea that I could have become pretty damn proficient in something had I been using those hours more wisely. Almost all of those hours took place during down-time at work, so the positive spin is that I was getting paid while I played. I almost always have a movie playing on another screen that I'm watching, as well. Still, that's ridiculous.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2015, 10:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I play myself but as you can see I am not in your league

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 05:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A² wrote:
Thanks Bill and Middle, your endorsements were helpful. At $10.19 for all three games, I could hardly go wrong.

On this note, I just finished Bioshock Infinite. Stunning game, fantastic story. Hope you'll get to play this soon.

PostPosted: 11 May 2015, 16:39 

Middle wrote:
A² wrote:

On this note, I just finished Bioshock Infinite. Stunning game, fantastic story. Hope you'll get to play this soon.

As a matter of fact, this morning I finished my Skyrim run to try every quest. I failed a couple because of glitches, but otherwise I managed every quest I could find. I installed Bioshock and hope to have a chance to give it some attention tonight.

PostPosted: 12 May 2015, 04:29 
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

A² wrote:
Middle wrote:
A² wrote:

As a matter of fact, this morning I finished my Skyrim run to try every quest. I failed a couple because of glitches, but otherwise I managed every quest I could find. I installed Bioshock and hope to have a chance to give it some attention tonight.

I recently dusted off the old Xbox360 and have restarted Skyrim. Every time I play I am sure I will perfect my swordplay, yet every time, like a schmuck I'm creeping around with my bow and arrow :D

PostPosted: 20 May 2015, 07:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Middle wrote:
A² wrote:

I recently dusted off the old Xbox360 and have restarted Skyrim. Every time I play I am sure I will perfect my swordplay, yet every time, like a schmuck I'm creeping around with my bow and arrow :D

Haha, did this in Oblivion. Started a character meant to be a tank and ended up with bows and summoned pets to tank. And crappy stats.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 08:04 

So.... Fallout4 just been announced with a brand new trailer. Fricking awesome!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=Lnn2rJpjar4

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 10:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Dawson wrote:
So.... Fallout4 just been announced with a brand new trailer. Fricking awesome!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=fb&v=Lnn2rJpjar4

Looking forward to it, not enough time for me these days so need to pick my games

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 12:21 

Fallout 4 is awesome news. I loved the last 2.

In semi-related news, is anyone playing the Elder Scrolls online? I bought it last night. It's still downloading but I'm looking forward to playing.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2015, 12:42 

A² wrote:

In semi-related news, is anyone playing the Elder Scrolls online? I bought it last night. It's still downloading but I'm looking forward to playing.

I'm trying to decide between elder scrolls or witcher

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2015, 04:11 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:

I'm trying to decide between elder scrolls or witcher

I just started Elder Scrolls online. I haven't decided on which class to play yet - I have a bunch of guys around level 10. So far so good - worth the purchase price. Still free to play - I haven't seen a reason to sub yet.

When we're living our dream

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2015, 23:19 

Brought Elder Scrolls yesterday. £50 but with this powerful machine can just dive right in, start playing. Slap in the disc and get a message saying will take 25 hours to update settings etc etc

Dang

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 07:09 

Dawson wrote:
Brought Elder Scrolls yesterday. £50 but with this powerful machine can just dive right in, start playing. Slap in the disc and get a message saying will take 25 hours to update settings etc etc

Dang

Assuming you're talking about Elder Scrolls online, mine took about that long to install. I thought it was exaggerating but it was about a day later before I could play.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 07:13 

A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Dang

Assuming you're talking about Elder Scrolls online, mine took about that long to install. I thought it was exaggerating but it was about a day later before I could play.

Yeah, that's the one. I'm thinking it'll be totally worth it though. Bit annoyed that I need to pick a server as my online mates that are gamers are all north America, but I guess I can just join that

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 13:10 

Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Dang

Yeah, that's the one. I'm thinking it'll be totally worth it though. Bit annoyed that I need to pick a server as my online mates that are gamers are all north America, but I guess I can just join that

Once you get it going we can try to find one another. I don't have any friends :(

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 13:28 
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Dang

Once you get it going we can try to find one another. I don't have any friends :(

...and now I want to buy this game. I'm trying to pay off Arkham Knight right now, as it launches in 2 weeks or so...

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2015, 13:44 

Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Dang

...and now I want to buy this game. I'm trying to pay off Arkham Knight right now, as it launches in 2 weeks or so...

Ok. I joined USA server. I'm level 3. Gonna play proper at weekend.

You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2015, 10:50 

Dawson wrote:
Scruluce wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:
A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:

Dang

Ok. I joined USA server. I'm level 3. Gonna play proper at weekend.

You be strong, you survive... You stay alive, no matter what occurs! I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far, I will find you.

I've got a level 8 Wood Elf. It says I'm a Nightblade but I don't remember how I got that title. So far I've been using magic to kill everything but I've got one hand weapon and shield leveled up a little bit, too. I keep dying quickly every time I try to solo any higher level quest.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2015, 13:39 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Still playing Eve Online since 2003 if any of you are up to it as i have more money than god so drop me a line, I really need help moving over to Europa Universalis 4 from Civ V though, i want to like this game but just cant get to grips with it. Anyone else playing Europa Universalis 4 cause i suck

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2015, 18:57 

I'm slowly figuring out Elder Scrolls online. I know what I'm doing at least half the time. I'd like to have some friends. Find me if you play. My user id is h0nkykong

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2015, 02:08 

Anyone else play Life is Strange? I just finished episode 3. Whoa. I'm pretty hooked and excited to see where the story goes. I'm also looking forward to subsequent play throughs to make some different choices.

PostPosted: 21 Sep 2015, 06:36 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Don't know why I didn't ask this sooner, but is anyone playing ESO on the xBox? The picture above looks like it's from a PS4. If you're interested go ahead and add me, my gamertag is the same as my username here. I'm a level 39 High Elf Dragonknight...

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2015, 00:14 

I always knew I was a geek but...

Work just told me I have lots of vacation to take. Fallout 4 comes out 9th November. Taken off the week so I can play in peace. Not telling any mates or gf that I've taken the week off though!

PostPosted: 22 Sep 2015, 01:51 

redamin wrote:
Don't know why I didn't ask this sooner, but is anyone playing ESO on the xBox? The picture above looks like it's from a PS4. If you're interested go ahead and add me, my gamertag is the same as my username here. I'm a level 39 High Elf Dragonknight...

I got up to level 17 or so, playing on PC. I got bored with the game, though. The missions and crafting all felt very tedious. I've tried lots of those mmo games (star wars, marvel, dc) and I have tired of them all pretty quickly. I think they're just not for me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1883 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76  Next