General video game discussion

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

Re: General video game discussion

#1876 Post by » 22 Sep 2015, 01:52

Dawson wrote:I always knew I was a geek but...

Work just told me I have lots of vacation to take. Fallout 4 comes out 9th November. Taken off the week so I can play in peace. Not telling any mates or gf that I've taken the week off though!
Nice. I've got it pre-ordered for the Xbox but no vacation plans following it's release. It should be an excellent game. I read a thing the other day that the developers have played over 200 hours and still haven't even seen it all.
The :) means it's all ok.

Dawson
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative

#1877 Post by Dawson » 22 Sep 2015, 02:37

A² wrote:
Dawson wrote:I always knew I was a geek but...

Work just told me I have lots of vacation to take. Fallout 4 comes out 9th November. Taken off the week so I can play in peace. Not telling any mates or gf that I've taken the week off though!
Nice. I've got it pre-ordered for the Xbox but no vacation plans following it's release. It should be an excellent game. I read a thing the other day that the developers have played over 200 hours and still haven't even seen it all.
that's what I need.
I'm going to sell The Elder Scrolls online, just couldnt get into it and havent got the time to give to team play. Have been told The Witcher is the one to get.

If Fallout 4 is anything like its predecessor then I'm going to be one pasty white-boy at the end of the year
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1878 Post by You Know, for Kids » 13 Jun 2016, 11:54

So... anyone know anything much about fixing systems?

A few weeks back our Xbox 360 S refused to turn on. The power brick stays in orange stand-by mode but none of the usual starters work and nothing lights up on the system.

Online "fixes" reference a bent connector where the controller ports are, however we have all wireless controllers, so that is extremely unlikely.

We did recently add both a headset and a hard drive to the system, and both were in there for about a week before our issue started. I have since removed both but neither of those changed the result.

Looking for ideas for getting this fixed without it costing an arm and a leg. My son is suffering withdrawal symptoms, and I'd be fairly bummed if I can't get it working too.
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#1879 Post by Scruluce » 13 Jun 2016, 13:04

You Know, for Kids wrote:So... anyone know anything much about fixing systems?

A few weeks back our Xbox 360 S refused to turn on. The power brick stays in orange stand-by mode but none of the usual starters work and nothing lights up on the system.

Online "fixes" reference a bent connector where the controller ports are, however we have all wireless controllers, so that is extremely unlikely.

We did recently add both a headset and a hard drive to the system, and both were in there for about a week before our issue started. I have since removed both but neither of those changed the result.

Looking for ideas for getting this fixed without it costing an arm and a leg. My son is suffering withdrawal symptoms, and I'd be fairly bummed if I can't get it working too.
to be clear, your power brick lights up, but the system itself is completely dark? no ring of death, etc?
...unless something better's on TV

You Know, for Kids
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#1880 Post by You Know, for Kids » 13 Jun 2016, 13:05

Scruluce wrote:

to be clear, your power brick lights up, but the system itself is completely dark? no ring of death, etc?
You are correct, sir!
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#1881 Post by Scruluce » 14 Jun 2016, 15:15

You Know, for Kids wrote:
Scruluce wrote:

You are correct, sir!
I'd start with a trip down to gamestop, or similar establishment, and buy a new power supply, just in case that's the issue. after that, you're looking at swapping the power supply of the unit itself, and that is likely something for a PC repair shop (cuz it's a Microsoft product, right?), unless that's something you're comfortable doing.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#1882 Post by Scruluce » 24 Apr 2017, 14:58

f9f82qx62kty.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite

#1883 Post by Scruluce » 09 May 2017, 15:27

It's a wolfen stein