FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 19:30

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jul 2014, 16:30 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2014, 06:38 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

:lol:

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2014, 09:40 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Attachment:
World Cup as seen by George RR Martin.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 15:42 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

FCC sacks NFL blackout rule

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 15:46 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Midrats wrote:

Not gonna change anything, the NFL has it written into the TV contracts that won't end until 2022. They just won't have the FCC backing them up.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 15:48 

sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:

Not gonna change anything, the NFL has it written into the TV contracts that won't end until 2022. They just won't have the FCC backing them up.

At least it won't cause a problem here in Seattle. Now, let's see what they do about the the NFL tax-exempt status.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 15:55 

Midrats wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:

At least it won't cause a problem here in Seattle. Now, let's see what they do about the the NFL tax-exempt status.

aren't they a church?

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2014, 15:57 

alan smithee wrote:
Midrats wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:

aren't they a church?

They do usually meet on Sunday

PostPosted: 02 Oct 2014, 05:45 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Midrats wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Midrats wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Midrats wrote:

aren't they a church?

They do usually meet on Sunday

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 07:12 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2014, 10:39 

drop the mic:

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2014, 06:43 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

What are thoughts on American football in London? I think it's kinda weird.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2014, 07:47 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

It's something the NFL really wants but to me it is unfair to the teams. That much travel is hard to do, plus the "home" team loses a home game. I haven't had my team play there yet so I really haven't actually watched a London game for any length of time, until today.

The NFL would love to put a team in London but I can't see how they can do it. The London team would have a major advantage in Home games and a major disadvantage in away game. All because of travel.

It's good for international marketing, so it isn't going away anytime soon.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2014, 09:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

sldawgs wrote:
It's something the NFL really wants but to me it is unfair to the teams. That much travel is hard to do, plus the "home" team loses a home game. I haven't had my team play there yet so I really haven't actually watched a London game for any length of time, until today.

The NFL would love to put a team in London but I can't see how they can do it. The London team would have a major advantage in Home games and a major disadvantage in away game. All because of travel.

Yeah I don't think it'll die down, but I just don't think it's a good idea. Do Londoners really have that much interest in it to want a team and to go to the games? I imagine them all laughing at us when someone scores and starts doing the monkey dance. But maybe they like it...what do I know.
The traveling is going to be the worst part of it for sure.

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2014, 11:56 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

Yeah I don't think it'll die down, but I just don't think it's a good idea. Do Londoners really have that much interest in it to want a team and to go to the games? I imagine them all laughing at us when someone scores and starts doing the monkey dance. But maybe they like it...what do I know.

I can't really seeing it as being feasible unless they could create an entire European division. Even that would be tough, and might be unfair for whichever conference it was in. Maybe they could create a Pacific division too ;)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 00:54 

knarf wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

I can't really seeing it as being feasible unless they could create an entire European division. Even that would be tough, and might be unfair for whichever conference it was in. Maybe they could create a Pacific division too ;)

You mean like NFL Europe?

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 10:26 
FilmWise Sugar Daddy
FilmWise Sugar Daddy

Batman wrote:
knarf wrote:
spymeg wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

You mean like NFL Europe?

No, I meant something successful. ;)

I only watched a few NFL Europe games, but my understanding was that part of its problem was it being seen as a league for developing and past-their-prime players. Something fully integrated with the rest of the league would probably have a better chance.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2014, 14:50 
Rush Chair
Rush Chair

WTF? The Sorriers are 2nd in the NBA Power Rankings? http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-power- ... 13725.html

I can only assume this means we miss the playoffs.

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 09:59 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

Despite their obvious lackings, the current Oakland Raiders (0-9) don’t strike me as a classic 0-for-season team. For one thing, they have a respectable QB. Yes, Derek Carr is a relative infant, but people in the know seem to think he’s gonna be around for a decade or more. Furthermore, close losses in New England and Seattle suggest the team is capable of playing football well enough to beat several teams on a good day. Also, do you have any idea how hard it is to lose every.single.game? Even JaMarcus Russell-led teams never came close … and yet, the Raiders have arguably the worst talent in the game and their schedule is terribly unforgiving this season.

So, where is win #1 coming from?

Nov. 16 @ San Diego. Well, not here. San Diego has already had their close brush with Oakland, pulling out a 31-28 victory a few weeks ago. I expect the Chargers to adjust better upon a revisit.

Nov. 20 Kansas City. The 6-3 Chiefs are #1 against the pass in the NFL. As the Raiders own the worst running game in football, they’re often forced to pass to compensate. Nobody will be surprised when they can do neither. No win here.

Nov. 30 @ St. Louis. Wa-hell, what do we have here? Possibility, certainly. The Rams are better, playing at home, and seem to have improved of late. So, yeah, it’s not at all likely. But maybe Oakland could catch the bad version of St. Louis. I’d like their chances a bit better were Sebastian Janikowski not the most overrated player in NFL history.

Dec. 7 San Francisco. Honestly? This might be the one. The 49ers are all kinds of aggravating this year. Yeah, yeah, they’ve still got a ton of talent. They can’t move the football, especially when it matters. If they win a close game, it’s much more likely due to a defensive turnover than an offensive drive. If the Raiders actually have a lead in the second half, the 49ers are in trouble.

Dec. 14@ Kansas City. If they can’t beat ‘em here, it won’t get any better in Missouri. Those fans still want blood for some perceived slight from the Len Dawson era.

Dec. 21 Buffalo. *sigh* One of the worst parts of being an NFL enthusiast is watching the AFC East annually default to what I feel is the most loathsome franchise in the game, the New England Patriots (with all due respect to the Cowboys, 49ers and Redskins, of course). Nothing is quite so annoying as knowing the twice-yearly spoken words, “Buffalo couldn’t overcome turnovers & mistakes” will, once again, successfully usher the Pats to the AFC Championship even if it’s just Tom Brady and a Pop Warner team. And yet, the Bills seem to play fine when the game isn’t important … and what’s less important than week #16 in Oakland?

Dec. 28 @ Denver. Better have that win already, boys, because there is literally a 0% chance that a Peyton Manning led Broncos team will lose to the current Oakland Raiders. That’s a win 100 times in 100. Best an Oakland fan could hope for is the Broncos have already clinched and sewn up a #1 or #2 without any chance of moving so that the team is playing for nothing and Brock Osweiller is at the helm. Even then, in Peyton shows up for the first half, that’s a Raiders loss.

Something tells me this isn’t an 0-16 year, but I honestly can’t pick out the win or two. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2014, 10:20 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Too bad they aren't playing the Jags. Looking at what you said, the most likely win will be in St. Louis, and that could be just a 30 or 40% chance to win.

To rank the possible wins in order of best chance to worst I would say:
St. Louis
Buffalo
San Diego
San Fransisco
Kansas City
Kansas City
Denver

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014, 10:05 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

For those of you jealous about not seeing a game with eighteen (18) punts, let me describe Raiders at Chargers from yesterday:

The Chargers who lost 37-0 to the 'Phins showed up. They were pretty awful. Hard to tell if this included defense, cuz the Raiders don't move on anybody, but I think it was a team effort. Yesterday, Phillip Rivers couldn't effectively complete a child's dot-to-dot puzzle; he came off livid after every possession, yelling at someone, anyone (kinda reminded me of the adage: a bad workman blames his tools).

And yet, with 14:07 to go in the first quarter, the Chargers had amassed enough points to beat the Raiders. Difficult as the feat is, this could well be a perfect year in Oakland.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014, 11:55 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Steel Frog wrote:
For those of you jealous about not seeing a game with eighteen (18) punts, let me describe Raiders at Chargers from yesterday:

The Chargers who lost 37-0 to the 'Phins showed up. They were pretty awful. Hard to tell if this included defense, cuz the Raiders don't move on anybody, but I think it was a team effort. Yesterday, Phillip Rivers couldn't effectively complete a child's dot-to-dot puzzle; he came off livid after every possession, yelling at someone, anyone (kinda reminded me of the adage: a bad workman blames his tools).

And yet, with 14:07 to go in the first quarter, the Chargers had amassed enough points to beat the Raiders. Difficult as the feat is, this could well be a perfect year in Oakland.

I feel sorry for Antonio Smith, who is a really great guy. He played the last 14 with the Texans last year and signed with the Raiders in the offseason. He is now 0-24 in his last 24 games. Which could very easily be 0-30 by the end of the season.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014, 13:40 
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

sldawgs wrote:
I feel sorry for Antonio Smith, who is a really great guy. He played the last 14 with the Texans last year and signed with the Raiders in the offseason. He is now 0-24 in his last 24 games. Which could very easily be 0-30 by the end of the season.

That is ugly. Yeah, I feel for him. How do you continue at that rate? Oh yeah, the huge paycheck.

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014, 14:22 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Steel Frog wrote:
sldawgs wrote:

That is ugly. Yeah, I feel for him. How do you continue at that rate? Oh yeah, the huge paycheck.

Hell, just give me his base salary and I would "suffer" through 0-30.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2014, 05:34 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

SF I was out of town Thursday night and missed the game. Congrats on not having an 0-fer season. Didn't the Chiefs just beat the Broncos?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117, 118, 119  Next