Song lyrics - misunderstood, etc.

or: How I learned to stop worrying and love other types of entertainment, too.
Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

Re: Song lyrics - misunderstood, etc.

#176 Post by Scruluce » 19 Aug 2011, 20:25

the other day I'm in the car with my nephews, listening to my iPod. White & Nerdy starts to play, but when Weird Al starts singing, my oldest nephew expresses rather audible disappointment. He said he thought that it was the bumblebee song. When I questioned him, he said, "you know... bumblebee bumblebee bumble bumble bumble bee" (Imma be by Black Eyed Peas)
...unless something better's on TV

BubbyChubs
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#177 Post by BubbyChubs » 22 Aug 2011, 09:09

Scruluce wrote:the other day I'm in the car with my nephews, listening to my iPod. White & Nerdy starts to play, but when Weird Al starts singing, my oldest nephew expresses rather audible disappointment. He said he thought that it was the bumblebee song. When I questioned him, he said, "you know... bumblebee bumblebee bumble bumble bumble bee" (Imma be by Black Eyed Peas)
Yesterday my son said something about the Kit Kat song. When I questioned him, he said, "you know, gotta Kit Kat boom boom pow"

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#178 Post by Steel Frog » 22 Aug 2011, 12:55

BubbyChubs wrote:
Scruluce wrote:the other day I'm in the car with my nephews, listening to my iPod. White & Nerdy starts to play, but when Weird Al starts singing, my oldest nephew expresses rather audible disappointment. He said he thought that it was the bumblebee song. When I questioned him, he said, "you know... bumblebee bumblebee bumble bumble bumble bee" (Imma be by Black Eyed Peas)
Yesterday my son said something about the Kit Kat song. When I questioned him, he said, "you know, gotta Kit Kat boom boom pow"
Snicker.

"Break me off a piece of that Fancy Feast. Nailed it!"

Will
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#179 Post by Will » 22 Aug 2011, 13:44

BubbyChubs wrote:
My girls still think Katy Perry was singing about kissing a squirrel.
History shows again and again how nature points up the folly of man

Steel Frog
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat

#180 Post by Steel Frog » 22 Aug 2011, 14:13

Will wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
I kissed a squirrel. I liked it. Felt so wrong, though.

Toto le Héros
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese

#181 Post by Toto le Héros » 24 Aug 2011, 01:37

Steel Frog wrote:
Will wrote:
BubbyChubs wrote:
I kissed a squirrel. I liked it. Felt so wrong, though.

Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

#182 Post by » 25 Aug 2011, 18:22

I was playing "Whoomp! There it is!" in the car :roll: and my 8-year old thought they were saying "Whoomp! Bad ass!"
The :) means it's all ok.

Middle
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#183 Post by Middle » 26 Aug 2011, 03:37

A² wrote:I was playing "Whoomp! There it is!" in the car :roll: and my 8-year old thought they were saying "Whoomp! Bad ass!"
I used to think they sang 'Whoomp that ass!'.
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.

Hiller
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

#184 Post by Hiller » 01 Sep 2011, 14:34

I have no idea what I thought she was singing, but today I finally got "Love to hear percussion"
Everything is awesome
Everything is cool when we're part of a team
Everything is awesome
When we're living our dream

Scruluce
TV's Kryptonite
TV's Kryptonite
Location: Mudville, Tuleberg, Brick City, Fat City, Gas City, Port City, Central City

#185 Post by Scruluce » 08 Jun 2017, 13:16

my daughter found this on pinterest, and it's been sung that way ever since...
loap.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
...unless something better's on TV