FilmWise Forums
It is currently 16 Dec 2018, 14:21

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Worst Songs Ever Thread
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2005, 08:20 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Welcome back my friends, to this song that never ends...

_________________
La la la la la.


Last edited by JJ on 08 Dec 2005, 10:14, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2005, 14:31 
Offline
FilmWise Beach Bum
FilmWise Beach Bum
User avatar

Joined: 28 May 2003, 02:45
Posts: 18902
Location: hiding under my desk...
any modern Madonna


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2005, 15:01 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2005, 06:54
Posts: 2299
any modern U2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Songs that Suck
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2005, 17:19 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38522
Location: San Francisco
JJ wrote:
Welcome back my friends, to this song that never ends...

I certainly hope you aren't dissing Karn Evil 9

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Songs that Suck
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2005, 17:56 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
Welcome back my friends, to this song that never ends...

I certainly hope you aren't dissing Karn Evil 9

Then it dies, then it dies.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Songs that Suck
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2005, 17:57 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38522
Location: San Francisco
JJ wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
Welcome back my friends, to this song that never ends...

I certainly hope you aren't dissing Karn Evil 9

Then it dies, then it dies.

lies, lies

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2005, 18:29 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
[Insert Neverending Story II joke here]

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2005, 10:13 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Where did you come from, where did you go, where did you come from Cotton-Eye Joe.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2005, 12:05 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 12 Mar 2003, 12:42
Posts: 1330
Location: Sickbay
::Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun...::

JUST TAKE THOSE OLD RECORDS OFF THE SHELF.................!!!!
I'LL SIT AND LISTEN TO 'EM BY MYSELF........!!!!





:pukey:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2005, 13:27 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Walking in a Winter Wonderland

Seriously, why do we put up with shitty Xmas music for a whole month? Nobody likes it. Change, people, change!

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2006, 16:33 
Offline
Director
Director
User avatar

Joined: 08 Jul 2006, 11:15
Posts: 546
Location: In a galaxy far far away
Your beautifulllll... Your beautifullllll... Your beautifulll it's trrruuueeeee....

:surprise: :pukey:

_________________
Nobody dies anymore... they just pass away.

RIP George


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2006, 18:19 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Posts: 5864
Location: a furry little Don Quixote
Sheena Easton toss up between My Baby Takes the Morning Train and Sugar Walls. What's that? I should be embarrassed I know even that much about Sheena Easton? Perhaps. But I blame it on a general need to stay culturally aware. Also, I understand that I blame Bing.

And now, given my last 2 posts, I think perhaps I should stick my nose in the Drunken Posting thread.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2006, 18:25 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38522
Location: San Francisco
Buckykatt wrote:
Sheena Easton toss up between My Baby Takes the Morning Train and Sugar Walls. What's that? I should be embarrassed I know even that much about Sheena Easton? Perhaps. But I blame it on a general need to stay culturally aware. Also, I understand that I blame Bing.

And now, given my last 2 posts, I think perhaps I should stick my nose in the Drunken Posting thread.....

Clearly drunk — who could dis the awesome cheeze that is 9 to 5 (Morning Train (9 to 5) to you Yanks)?

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Oct 2006, 22:51 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Jun 2005, 06:54
Posts: 2299
Two counter-points I made when the people I was playing poker with were trying to explain how wrong I am for not liking country music:

Honkey-Tonk Badonkadonk and She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy


I, unfortunately, have to hear this shit constantly until I move out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 06:07 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
bdude wrote:
Your beautifulllll... Your beautifullllll... Your beautifulll it's trrruuueeeee....

:surprise: :pukey:

:blowup:

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 06:15 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 19 Jul 2005, 03:20
Posts: 1931
Location: Yeovil, uh, my lover
Gren wrote:
bdude wrote:
Your beautifulllll... Your beautifullllll... Your beautifulll it's trrruuueeeee....

:surprise: :pukey:

:blowup:


does this refer to the song, or the grammar? both are equally as bad! :D

_________________
'Quite mad is he who would adopt his way of thinking to please others'

'Hedonism is the new procreation'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 06:48 
Offline
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2002, 05:13
Posts: 17956
Location: Salford, England
what's that? wrote:
Gren wrote:
bdude wrote:
Your beautifulllll... Your beautifullllll... Your beautifulll it's trrruuueeeee....

:surprise: :pukey:

:blowup:


does this refer to the song, or the grammar? both are equally as bad! :D

The latter, but I concur on both counts.

_________________
Lionel Hutz, aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen van Thoc, was paid $8 for his 32 hours of babysitting.

He was glad to get it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Songs that Suck
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 07:22 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8963
Location: Westchester, NY
alan smithee wrote:
JJ wrote:
Welcome back my friends, to this song that never ends...

I certainly hope you aren't dissing Karn Evil 9


Only the first impression, part 2.

However, I disagree with JJ. ELP was fantastic, and Brain Salad Surgery is a nearly perfect album (with cover artwork by Giger [the guy who designed Alien]!). Though, personally, I'd pick Pictures at an Exhibition over BSS if I could choose just one album.

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 07:54 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33125
Buckykatt wrote:
Sheena Easton toss up between My Baby Takes the Morning Train and Sugar Walls.


Normally, I'd agree about Train, but it's provided two wonderful comic moments (for me anyway) -- one recent in Eurotrip, the other long ago from an obscure comedian talking about "men who sing woman songs and switch the pronouns" -- then mocked John Davidson singing Train.

Sugar Walls blows.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 08:17 
Offline
Lead Actor
Lead Actor
User avatar

Joined: 25 Jan 2005, 12:06
Posts: 424
Location: Sausage Cart
Steel Frog wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
Sheena Easton toss up between My Baby Takes the Morning Train and Sugar Walls.


Normally, I'd agree about Train, but it's provided two wonderful comic moments (for me anyway) -- one recent in Eurotrip, the other long ago from an obscure comedian talking about "men who sing woman songs and switch the pronouns" -- then mocked John Davidson singing Train.

Sugar Walls blows.


it bears noting that "Sugar Walls" was written for Sheena by Prince. Perhaps he knew something we don't.

_________________
"Are you suggesting I'm not who I say I am"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 08:21 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33125
SausageKingofChicago wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
Sheena Easton toss up between My Baby Takes the Morning Train and Sugar Walls.


Normally, I'd agree about Train, but it's provided two wonderful comic moments (for me anyway) -- one recent in Eurotrip, the other long ago from an obscure comedian talking about "men who sing woman songs and switch the pronouns" -- then mocked John Davidson singing Train.

Sugar Walls blows.


it bears noting that "Sugar Walls" was written for Sheena by Prince. Perhaps he knew something we don't.


Wow, there's a song Prince will write and not sing?! :o After watching Under the Cherry Moon, I wouldn't have guessed the man had a filter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 08:41 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 33125
Sorry. I meant to say, "Under the Cherry Moon"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 09:02 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Posts: 5864
Location: a furry little Don Quixote
Wow, I never knew that about Prince. Interesting that he's willing to put his name on Head but he used a pseudonym for Sugar Walls. That should have told Sheena something right there. Also:


Public Service Announcement: If you said to yourself "Wow, I never knew Prince wrote that song" and decided to check it out, I strongly suggest going straight to Wikipedia. Do not Google and then click sugarwalls.com. Especially if you're surfing at work. :o


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 09:03 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
I rest my case

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2006, 09:31 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38522
Location: San Francisco
Gren wrote:
what's that? wrote:
Gren wrote:
bdude wrote:
Your beautifulllll... Your beautifullllll... Your beautifulll it's trrruuueeeee....

:surprise: :pukey:

:blowup:


does this refer to the song, or the grammar? both are equally as bad! :D

The latter, but I concur on both counts.

Though the song is much, much worse.
Steel Frog wrote:
SausageKingofChicago wrote:
Steel Frog wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
Sheena Easton toss up between My Baby Takes the Morning Train and Sugar Walls.


Normally, I'd agree about Train, but it's provided two wonderful comic moments (for me anyway) -- one recent in Eurotrip, the other long ago from an obscure comedian talking about "men who sing woman songs and switch the pronouns" -- then mocked John Davidson singing Train.

Sugar Walls blows.


it bears noting that "Sugar Walls" was written for Sheena by Prince. Perhaps he knew something we don't.


Wow, there's a song Prince will write and not sing?! :o After watching Under the Cherry Moon, I wouldn't have guessed the man had a filter.

An even-more-popular Prince-penned tune: Manic Monday

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group