FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Sep 2018, 23:20

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author Message
PostPosted: 01 Dec 2009, 23:58 
Online
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
Captain of the Starship FilmWise
User avatar

Joined: 25 Oct 2002, 05:58
Posts: 34326
Location: parts unknown
bratzks wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
And it is officially the holiday season, since I heard that f'ing Christmas shoes song today.

I still have never heard this song. *knock on wood*

People still listen to the radio?

_________________
The :) means it's all ok.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 06:56 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Posts: 5850
Location: a furry little Don Quixote
A² wrote:
bratzks wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
And it is officially the holiday season, since I heard that f'ing Christmas shoes song today.

I still have never heard this song. *knock on wood*

People still listen to the radio?


Remember who you're talking to, Sonny Jim.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 07:37 
Offline
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
User avatar

Joined: 08 Feb 2006, 08:59
Posts: 12428
A² wrote:
bratzks wrote:
Buckykatt wrote:
And it is officially the holiday season, since I heard that f'ing Christmas shoes song today.

I still have never heard this song. *knock on wood*

People still listen to the radio?

I knew I should have knocked on something other than virtual wood.* :?

*twss

_________________
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2009, 21:23 
Offline
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life
User avatar

Joined: 03 May 2004, 08:33
Posts: 18761
Location: Well we're living here near Allentown...
Here's The Dan Band's take on The Christmas Shoes

_________________
If you wake up at a different time in a different place could you wake up as a different person?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2009, 13:50 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2005, 19:44
Posts: 1167
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Patton Oswalt's feelings on The Christmas Shoes. The cartoon is kind of weird, but Oswalt is awesome.

_________________
Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 06:31 
Offline
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend
User avatar

Joined: 16 Feb 2006, 17:57
Posts: 33925
Location: Sheila's Dungeon...oh no! Shhh, she's coming.
Disaster averted. When I started my truck this morning a few seconds of Christmas Shoes wafted through my speakers. I quickly countered with the new Straight No Chaser CD.

_________________
I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!
Image Image Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 06:36 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
I'm loving the new Bob Dylan CD, every Christmas song should have the Dylan vibe to it

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 08:38 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8384
Location: Around
dawson99 wrote:
I'm loving the new Bob Dylan CD, every Christmas song should have the Dylan vibe to it

You do realise this is the worst songs ever thread, do you?

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 08:54 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32998
Middle wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
I'm loving the new Bob Dylan CD, every Christmas song should have the Dylan vibe to it

You do realise this is the worst songs ever thread, do you?

I don't see any conflict here.

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 09 Dec 2009, 09:12 
Offline
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
User avatar

Joined: 26 Jan 2004, 07:54
Posts: 29154
Location: Gotham's seedier side
Steel Frog wrote:
Middle wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
I'm loving the new Bob Dylan CD, every Christmas song should have the Dylan vibe to it

You do realise this is the worst songs ever thread, do you?

I don't see any conflict here.

:lol:

_________________
Robin: "Gosh, Batman, is there anything you don't know?"
Batman: "Oh yes, Robin. Several things, in fact."


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 05:13 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
I really need to find that sarcasm smiley

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 16:00 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
I always thought that Jingle Bell Rock was the worst holiday song of all time.

But now that I consider what the likely subtext is, it's got to be Little Drummer Boy. That song should come with a parental advisory to never try to figure out the lyrics.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 16:26 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:33
Posts: 10224
Location: Latte Land
JJ wrote:
I always thought that Jingle Bell Rock was the worst holiday song of all time.

But now that I consider what the likely subtext is, it's got to be Little Drummer Boy. That song should come with a parental advisory to never try to figure out the lyrics.

Damn you, JJ! Now I can't get that song out of my mind trying to figure out the likely subtext. It wouldn't be so bad, but it makes me realize I don't know all the lyrics, so it keeps going and going!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 16:34 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Midrats wrote:
JJ wrote:
I always thought that Jingle Bell Rock was the worst holiday song of all time.

But now that I consider what the likely subtext is, it's got to be Little Drummer Boy. That song should come with a parental advisory to never try to figure out the lyrics.

Damn you, JJ! Now I can't get that song out of my mind trying to figure out the likely subtext. It wouldn't be so bad, but it makes me realize I don't know all the lyrics, so it keeps going and going!

I "played my drum" for him pa rum pa pum pum

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 16:35 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:33
Posts: 10224
Location: Latte Land
Going with a Christmas theme... Josh Groban's version of What Child is This? is very annoying. He's trying to make a Christmas carol PC by changing things like "the Virgin sings her lullaby" to "the mother sings her lullaby." It's a Christmas song, you're allowed to mention Christian dogma. :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 16:36 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 05 Nov 2008, 00:33
Posts: 10224
Location: Latte Land
JJ wrote:
Midrats wrote:
JJ wrote:
I always thought that Jingle Bell Rock was the worst holiday song of all time.

But now that I consider what the likely subtext is, it's got to be Little Drummer Boy. That song should come with a parental advisory to never try to figure out the lyrics.

Damn you, JJ! Now I can't get that song out of my mind trying to figure out the likely subtext. It wouldn't be so bad, but it makes me realize I don't know all the lyrics, so it keeps going and going!

I "played my drum" for him pa rum pa pum pum

It would be the part of the song I know :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2009, 16:42 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Midrats wrote:
JJ wrote:
Midrats wrote:
JJ wrote:
I always thought that Jingle Bell Rock was the worst holiday song of all time.

But now that I consider what the likely subtext is, it's got to be Little Drummer Boy. That song should come with a parental advisory to never try to figure out the lyrics.

Damn you, JJ! Now I can't get that song out of my mind trying to figure out the likely subtext. It wouldn't be so bad, but it makes me realize I don't know all the lyrics, so it keeps going and going!

I "played my drum" for him pa rum pa pum pum

It would be the part of the song I know :lol:

Then he smiled at me pa rum pa pum pum me and "my drum"

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 05:32 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jan 2008, 08:47
Posts: 5056

_________________
I didn't invent the rainy day, man, I just own the best umbrella.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 10:29 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 01 Jun 2006, 09:36
Posts: 1774
justdrewit wrote:


"My Christmas Tree's delicious"? Dear Lord, make it stop!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 20:46 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 13 May 2002, 16:00
Posts: 7527
While putting together the lyrics quiz, I couldn't resist including the line "there's no love like your love, and no other could give more love" from "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams. Not only did he rhyme "love" with "love", but that line, and the whole damn song actually, is so simplistic a 7th grader could have written it. When I think about the millions Adams earned off that song, I cannot stop vomiting.

_________________
You see, Hopsi, you don't know very much about girls. The best ones aren't as good as you probably think they are and the bad ones aren't as bad. Not nearly as bad.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 21:30 
Offline
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient
User avatar

Joined: 28 Jan 2003, 14:22
Posts: 38408
Location: San Francisco
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
While putting together the lyrics quiz, I couldn't resist including the line "there's no love like your love, and no other could give more love" from "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams. Not only did he rhyme "love" with "love", but that line, and the whole damn song actually, is so simplistic a 7th grader could have written it. When I think about the millions Adams earned off that song, I cannot stop vomiting.

It's probably not much consolation to note that that's millions of Canadian dollars.

_________________
It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 06:56 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Oct 2003, 07:22
Posts: 8384
Location: Around
alan smithee wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
While putting together the lyrics quiz, I couldn't resist including the line "there's no love like your love, and no other could give more love" from "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams. Not only did he rhyme "love" with "love", but that line, and the whole damn song actually, is so simplistic a 7th grader could have written it. When I think about the millions Adams earned off that song, I cannot stop vomiting.

It's probably not much consolation to note that that's millions of Canadian dollars.

I blame Mazer. Eh.

_________________
Come play with us, Danny. Forever and ever and ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 10:20 
Offline
FilmWise Dreamboat
FilmWise Dreamboat
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jan 2004, 10:36
Posts: 32998
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
While putting together the lyrics quiz, I couldn't resist including the line "there's no love like your love, and no other could give more love" from "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams. Not only did he rhyme "love" with "love", but that line, and the whole damn song actually, is so simplistic a 7th grader could have written it. When I think about the millions Adams earned off that song, I cannot stop vomiting.

In fairness, I think it intellectually complemented the movie it was written for quite well.

_________________
www.steelfrogblog.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 18:07 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 10 Feb 2005, 22:42
Posts: 4939
Location: Canada
Middle wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Sugarpuss O'Shea wrote:
While putting together the lyrics quiz, I couldn't resist including the line "there's no love like your love, and no other could give more love" from "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams. Not only did he rhyme "love" with "love", but that line, and the whole damn song actually, is so simplistic a 7th grader could have written it. When I think about the millions Adams earned off that song, I cannot stop vomiting.

It's probably not much consolation to note that that's millions of Canadian dollars.

I blame Mazer. Eh.



Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 05:22 
Offline
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
FilmWise's Moral Imperative
User avatar

Joined: 10 Jun 2006, 00:27
Posts: 11389
Location: Goon Docks
snow. Informer:
Police-a them-a they come and-a they blow down me door
One him come crawl through through my window
So they put me in the back the car at the station
From that point on I reach my destination
Well the destination reached in down-a East detention
Where they whip down me pants look up me bottom

_________________
I'd be happy to kill her, she called me a fish.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group