FilmWise Forums
It is currently 18 Dec 2018, 17:42

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Help Identify this Song
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 11:41 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Largely instrumental tune; I think it's by The Police, but went through the whole Box Set and couldn't identify it.

Anyway, slow build-up, then a person (presumably The Sting) joins in:

Eee yo, eee yo, eee yo yo,
Eee yo, eee yo, eee yo yo,
Eee yo, eee yea, eee yea yo!
Eee yo, eee yea, eee yea yo!

Eventually it builds up:

Eee yo, eee yea, eee yea yo! Eee yea yo! Eee yea yo! Eee yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yeah!

I think the music slows and cuts about there. What's the dang song called? Good tune.

[For word sounds above: Eee rhymes with 'see'; yo rhymes with 'ho'; yea rhymes with 'hey'; yeah is 'yeah' as in She Loves You...]

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 11:44 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Nov 2005, 07:49
Posts: 5933
Dyslexic Old MacDonald?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 13:43 
Online
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Posts: 5865
Location: a furry little Don Quixote
:lol: TK

It's the end of Every Little Thing She Does is Magic that has all the Eee Yo stuff....not sure I'd describe it exactly as you did above, though. (and can't believe I'm actually answering a "What's that song that goes da da da da dadadadum" kind of question :D )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 13:54 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Buckykatt wrote:
:lol: TK

It's the end of Every Little Thing She Does is Magic that has all the Eee Yo stuff....not sure I'd describe it exactly as you did above, though. (and can't believe I'm actually answering a "What's that song that goes da da da da dadadadum" kind of question :D )


Thanks, but it's not that one. This is about a 2 minute or longer snippet, and I think it's stand-alone (though it could be a loooong introduction a la Foreplay/Longtime, or the trailing end of some other song).


FWIW, ELTSDiM has Stink muttering about that DoIHaveToTellaStoryAbout1000RainyDaysSinceWeFirstMet crap, which he fits into about 8 different songs. Can he come up with no other illustrations of how women have done him wrong?

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 14:10 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 14 Mar 2005, 12:38
Posts: 8963
Location: Westchester, NY
JJ wrote:
Can he come up with no other illustrations of how women have done him wrong?


"My wife has burned the scrambled eggs.
The dog just bit my leg.
My teenage daughter ran away.
My fine youg son has turned out gay...

And it would be ok, on any other day."

_________________
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. and we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 13 Nov 2006, 14:34 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
You Know, for Kids wrote:
JJ wrote:
Can he come up with no other illustrations of how women have done him wrong?


"My wife has burned the scrambled eggs.
The dog just bit my leg.
My teenage daughter ran away.
My fine youg son has turned out gay...

And it would be ok, on any other day."


So the whole "punchline" of that tune is that it's his Birthday? I think that song disturbs me more than Be My Girl Sally.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2006, 12:01 
Offline
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 24 Jun 2005, 14:18
Posts: 6761
Location: On the Loose
Hey JJ,
Are you thinking of "Walking on the Moon", from the Synchronicity album....?
I haven't heard it in a long time, but it's that album that keeps coming to mind when I try all the various ways of singing Eee Yo, Eee Yo, yo, yo.... Ee Yo, eee yo, yo, yo.

That album has the songs Synchronicity I and Synchronicity II, one of which is a more experiemental ensemble thing.

OR are you talking about that newer-ish Hindi mix thing he's been doing?

_________________
Elegant Violence


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2006, 12:14 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Toasty wrote:
Hey JJ,
Are you thinking of "Walking on the Moon", from the Synchronicity album....?
I haven't heard it in a long time, but it's that album that keeps coming to mind when I try all the various ways of singing Eee Yo, Eee Yo, yo, yo.... Ee Yo, eee yo, yo, yo.

That album has the songs Synchronicity I and Synchronicity II, one of which is a more experiemental ensemble thing.

OR are you talking about that newer-ish Hindi mix thing he's been doing?


It's not Walken on the Moon. It doesn't sound Hindi, and I sorta ruled out the new Stink because it actually sounds good.

For respective time to complete the lines, the first "Eee yo, eee yo, eee yo yo" takes about 4-5 seconds to get out. The ending "Eee yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yea yeah" takes the same amount of time for him to sing.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2006, 14:15 
Online
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner
User avatar

Joined: 15 Jul 2005, 08:37
Posts: 5865
Location: a furry little Don Quixote
JJ, try Regatta de Blanc from the album of the same name, see if that's it....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2006, 14:29 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Buckykatt wrote:
JJ, try Regatta de Blanc from the album of the same name, see if that's it....


:green: Thanks so much. I must have missed this rummaging through the box set.

The rest of you should all go out and listen to it now as punishment.

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Nov 2006, 14:32 
Offline
Rush Chair
Rush Chair
User avatar

Joined: 04 Feb 2003, 13:56
Posts: 29030
Location: Escaped from Ceti Alpha V
Wow. The song won a Grammy in '81? Maybe you guys would have found it easier had I suggested that. :roll:

_________________
La la la la la.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2009, 15:01 
Offline
Hollywood Hopeful
Hollywood Hopeful

Joined: 12 Jun 2008, 11:51
Posts: 16
hahahah what . i hate when i cant figure out a song


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group