FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 15:52

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: iPod Questions
PostPosted: 07 Jan 2009, 06:29 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Batman wrote:
I got my wife an iPhone for Christmas and was wondering if anyone here uses a program which allows free POP mail servers to be linked to Outlook or other such programs. I know there's a program called YPOPs! out there. Has anyone ever used that or something similar?

Yes, I do realize she can just use Safari to navigate ot the Yahoo! web page, but I thought it might be more convenient to use something like this. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

I don't know if I am understanding the question right. My iPod touch came with mail software and it gets mail from my yahoo account just fine.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 13:28 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Nunis wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Tune Up -- adds song, album, & artist titles and covert art; fixes "Arcade Fire, The" / "The Arcade Fire" / "Arcade Fire" inconsistencies (e.g.), etc.

(or so they claim -- I haven't tried it)

I tried it, and it works brilliantly.

My library is pretty clean though (as you might expect) so I doubt I'll purchase the full version. All the same, I'm impressed.

Does it update everything automatically or can you accept/decline its changes? I just cleaned up my entire library's artwork but would like to see it clean up the artists...

Another question, I'm having problems with my podcasts. When you sync podcasts, what is the difference between All Unplayed and All New? I've thought the little blue dots next to each podcast meant "Unplayed" but for some reason three listened-to SModcasts keep syncing to the iPod (during both Unplayed and New syncs) and I can't figure out how to get rid of them :s

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 13:50 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Agrajag wrote:
Does it update everything automatically or can you accept/decline its changes? I just cleaned up my entire library's artwork but would like to see it clean up the artists...

No, it analyses your tracks and makes suggestions. Then you can apply or clear. I found it works perfectly about 90% of the time, but it might require some tweaking.

Agrajag wrote:
Another question, I'm having problems with my podcasts. When you sync podcasts, what is the difference between All Unplayed and All New? I've thought the little blue dots next to each podcast meant "Unplayed" but for some reason three listened-to SModcasts keep syncing to the iPod (during both Unplayed and New syncs) and I can't figure out how to get rid of them :s

"New" I guess means "never played" and "unplayed" I think means "started but not finished". If you have iTunes set to sync all unplayed episodes (that's what I do), then you might have success removing those unwanted ones by right clicking the episode and choose Mark as Not New (or whatever it's called).

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 14:50 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Nunis wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

No, it analyses your tracks and makes suggestions. Then you can apply or clear. I found it works perfectly about 90% of the time, but it might require some tweaking.

Agrajag wrote:

"New" I guess means "never played" and "unplayed" I think means "started but not finished". If you have iTunes set to sync all unplayed episodes (that's what I do), then you might have success removing those unwanted ones by right clicking the episode and choose Mark as Not New (or whatever it's called).

I use the Sync only checked items. And then just uncheck them when I listen to them.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2009, 14:55 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

thing is, i have to use the sync only checked in addition to syncing only new podcasts, as i have more music in my library than what fits on my ipod.

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 00:01 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Nunis wrote:
thing is, i have to use the sync only checked in addition to syncing only new podcasts, as i have more music in my library than what fits on my ipod.

Where's the "sync only checked" feature?

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2009, 01:49 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Agrajag wrote:
Nunis wrote:

Where's the "sync only checked" feature?

After you plug in your iPod, click on it in the left navigation. You know, the screen where you see a picture of the iPod and an indication of how much of it is full. Here:

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 10:12 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

sldawgs wrote:
Batman wrote:
I got my wife an iPhone for Christmas and was wondering if anyone here uses a program which allows free POP mail servers to be linked to Outlook or other such programs. I know there's a program called YPOPs! out there. Has anyone ever used that or something similar?

Yes, I do realize she can just use Safari to navigate ot the Yahoo! web page, but I thought it might be more convenient to use something like this. Does anyone have an opinion on this?

I don't know if I am understanding the question right. My iPod touch came with mail software and it gets mail from my yahoo account just fine.

Do you have a free mail account with Yahoo! or do you pay a fee?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 14:44 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Batman wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Batman wrote:

Do you have a free mail account with Yahoo! or do you pay a fee?

Free

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 17:08 
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks
And Two Hard-boiled Eggzks

I have an ipod question. How come they're not called earpods?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 17:15 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

bratzks wrote:
I have an ipod question. How come they're not called earpods?

Can't you hear out of your eyes?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 20:08 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Since I don't have SciFi in the hotel, I plan to buy the Season Pass (or whatever they call it) of BSG... Before I process my order, I figured I'd ask the simple question -- Movies/TV shows bought through iTunes will play on my iTouch, correct?

Better safe than sorry

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 21:02 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Agrajag wrote:
Since I don't have SciFi in the hotel, I plan to buy the Season Pass (or whatever they call it) of BSG... Before I process my order, I figured I'd ask the simple question -- Movies/TV shows bought through iTunes will play on my iTouch, correct?

Better safe than sorry

Safe. (that means yes)

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 21:13 
Hello. My name is FilmWise. You killed my father.

sldawgs wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Better safe than sorry

Safe. (that means yes)

Agra's Host Game wrote:
Whether it is safe?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 21:43 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Having trouble adding files to iTunes.

I have some .mp3s -- when I highlight all of them and try to add them at the same time, nothing happens. Seems iTunes only accepts them when I add them individually.

This also seems to cause a problem when I try to add files in a zip folder... they just don't show up

Is there any way I can change this feature and add multiple files at the same time?

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 21:45 

Agrajag wrote:

I have some .mp3s -- when I highlight all of them and try to add them at the same time, nothing happens. Seems iTunes only accepts them when I add them individually.

This also seems to cause a problem when I try to add files in a zip folder... they just don't show up

Is there any way I can change this feature and add multiple files at the same time?
Have you tried bunching them up first in a folder, and then "Add Folder" instead? It's how I generally do it.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2009, 22:04 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Sela5 wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Have you tried bunching them up first in a folder, and then "Add Folder" instead? It's how I generally do it.

I had tried that with the .zip folder, which didn't work....

But after copying and pasting the actual .mp3s into a regular folder, it does...

Thanks!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 02:52 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

I don't know why iTunes doesn't seem to like importing multiple files anymore (unless they're in a folder). It worked for years but now I can never get it working either. Usually I just drag all the files into the main iTunes window.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 04:14 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I actually decided to get TuneUp, and it works pretty damn well. I do have to do a lot more manually, but those are mostly from weird files (very long ones etc.).

I'm not sure whether I should ask this in this thread, but since it's MP3 related, I guess it will do. I've apparently got a very extensive music library, which is now almost 130Gb big. I know there must be a lot of double files in there, so does anyone know a good program that can search for double files? I've tried a few, but most you have to pay for. Others didn't really do the trick that well.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 05:56 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

iTunes has a built-in "Find duplicates" function. Have you tried that?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2009, 14:06 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Nunis wrote:
I don't know why iTunes doesn't seem to like importing multiple files anymore (unless they're in a folder). It worked for years but now I can never get it working either. Usually I just drag all the files into the main iTunes window.

I tried that as well, but it didn't seem to work with my zipped files.

Might have done it wrong, but the Folder worked well (after a long delay of deleting the original files from the zipped folder).

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 00:29 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Nunis wrote:
iTunes has a built-in "Find duplicates" function. Have you tried that?

Nope. I haven't. I'll get to that quickly
Also, how can you get rid of all the exclamation marks in one go?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 00:33 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Middle wrote:
Also, how can you get rid of all the exclamation marks in one go?

You mean for songs which have an exclamation mark? Don't know if there is an easy way. I would create a smart playlist for all such songs and then just edit those one by one. Depends on how many you have, I guess.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 07:53 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

sldawgs wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Better safe than sorry

Safe. (that means yes)

Safety: FAIL

I suppose iTouch can't play HD episodes? I left the computer on all night to finish downloading the Webisodes in HD and when I tried to sync this morning, none of them were copied because they couldn't play on my iTouch.

Am I assuming correctly that HD is the issue? Has anyone else had this issue with HD and iTouch?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 08:05 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

I think the appropriate question is: why the hell would you get the HD versions if you were gonna watch them on your iPod?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next