FilmWise Forums
It is currently 19 Jun 2018, 08:28

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: iPod Questions
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 08:43 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

High Density versions? :)

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 14:11 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Agrajag wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Since I don't have SciFi in the hotel, I plan to buy the Season Pass (or whatever they call it) of BSG... Before I process my order, I figured I'd ask the simple question -- Movies/TV shows bought through iTunes will play on my iTouch, correct?

Better safe than sorry

Safe. (that means yes)

Safety: FAIL

I suppose iTouch can't play HD episodes? I left the computer on all night to finish downloading the Webisodes in HD and when I tried to sync this morning, none of them were copied because they couldn't play on my iTouch.

Am I assuming correctly that HD is the issue? Has anyone else had this issue with HD and iTouch?

Wasn't there an upgrade that came out a couple of months ago that allowed the HD episodes to play on iPod Touches?

And...
Nunis wrote:
Why the hell would you get the HD versions if you were gonna watch them on your iPod?

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2009, 18:22 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

sldawgs wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
sldawgs wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
Since I don't have SciFi in the hotel, I plan to buy the Season Pass (or whatever they call it) of BSG... Before I process my order, I figured I'd ask the simple question -- Movies/TV shows bought through iTunes will play on my iTouch, correct?

Better safe than sorry

Safe. (that means yes)

Safety: FAIL

I suppose iTouch can't play HD episodes? I left the computer on all night to finish downloading the Webisodes in HD and when I tried to sync this morning, none of them were copied because they couldn't play on my iTouch.

Am I assuming correctly that HD is the issue? Has anyone else had this issue with HD and iTouch?

Wasn't there an upgrade that came out a couple of months ago that allowed the HD episodes to play on iPod Touches?

I don't know, was there?
sldawgs wrote:
And...
Nunis wrote:
Why the hell would you get the HD versions if you were gonna watch them on your iPod?

I found the webisodes in the iStore, clicked "Get Season" and each episode was duplicated in the download page--HD and regular. iTunes had automatically started downloading the HD versions, so I figured it couldn't hurt and it would just look better on the tiny screen...

I've only used the Store once before to get Hotel Chevalier before it came out in theaters... I don't know how it works (obviously)

I'll just try to DL the standard versions this weekend...

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2009, 07:55 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Another iStore question

BSG Season 4 for $19.90 seems to consist of the previous 10 episodes. Do I wait until tomorrow after 4.5 has premiered to subscribe to the new season? Or am I just not looking in the right place for it?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 31 May 2009, 18:34 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Nunis wrote:
I use PQ DVD to iPod Converter to convert DVD movies to iPod format. It works brilliantly, and the finished product looks quite good, even on the small video iPod screen.

So I know this post was from 2 years ago, but I just got my I-Touch 2 weeks ago and decided to try this product out as I would love to put a bunch of my already bought movies on my new I-Touch. I downloaded the newest version last night.
I've been having issues of course(I just recently learned how to get the right size avatar). I can record the entire movie and transfer it to the I-Touch, but it is heavily pixelated. I played with it all day changing the DVD settings one at a time and I can now see it crystal clear, but it is freezing up while recording. It will play fine in the program, but the minute I hit record, it slows down 1-2 minutes later. I left it for 4 hours and it recorded 20 minutes of the movie. Does anyone have any experience with this or can you tell me which settings may work. I'm hoping to just get the settings right and everything will work. Thanks. :nunissignal:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 03 Jun 2009, 18:01 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

mmmmm movies wrote:
Nunis wrote:
I use PQ DVD to iPod Converter to convert DVD movies to iPod format. It works brilliantly, and the finished product looks quite good, even on the small video iPod screen.

So I know this post was from 2 years ago, but I just got my I-Touch 2 weeks ago and decided to try this product out as I would love to put a bunch of my already bought movies on my new I-Touch. I downloaded the newest version last night.
I've been having issues of course(I just recently learned how to get the right size avatar). I can record the entire movie and transfer it to the I-Touch, but it is heavily pixelated. I played with it all day changing the DVD settings one at a time and I can now see it crystal clear, but it is freezing up while recording. It will play fine in the program, but the minute I hit record, it slows down 1-2 minutes later. I left it for 4 hours and it recorded 20 minutes of the movie. Does anyone have any experience with this or can you tell me which settings may work. I'm hoping to just get the settings right and everything will work. Thanks. :nunissignal:

I use Any Video Converter. A free program...which is nice. Should be easy to use.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod ... ideo_free/

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: 04 Jun 2009, 07:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

fishn4 wrote:
mmmmm movies wrote:
Nunis wrote:

I use Any Video Converter. A free program...which is nice. Should be easy to use.

http://www.any-video-converter.com/prod ... ideo_free/

I use Format Factory, which is really easy to use and free as well.

PostPosted: 05 Jun 2009, 13:50 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Thanks. Will definitely try these out.

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009, 15:49 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

How do I get the new $10 OS from iTunes?

I know iTunes used to give an automatic advertisement for it every time you synced your iPod, but I think I chose Stop Bothering Me a week or two ago (why pay $10 for features I care little to nothing about?)

But now, some of my apps are failing because they require the new OS (damn "free" apps). But searching iPod OS or OS 3.0 in the iStore is producing no real results.

Is there some specific name I'm failing to use?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009, 16:59 
FilmWise's Best Friend
FilmWise's Best Friend

Have you tried clicking on the button that says Check For Updates?

PostPosted: 29 Jul 2009, 21:10 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

sldawgs wrote:
Have you tried clicking on the button that says Check For Updates?

No -- simply because the last two times I updated my iPod on my PC, the iPod froze and I had to visit the Apple Store to get the updates through a Mac.

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2009, 17:32 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Found it

PostPosted: 06 Aug 2009, 07:16 
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!
Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-FilmWise!

Has anyone had any problems with movies freezing on their iPod? Specifically, I recorded movies from my DVR, re-formatted them as MP4s and loaded them on my iPod. So far, every single one freezes at about the 19:45 point. They play just fine through iTunes or Quicktime on the computer but I can't get them to work on the iPod past the 19:45 point. Regular digital copies of movies, like Watchmen, work just fine.

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2009, 21:32 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

A little help... This may have been answered before, but I'm not sure how to exactly find it.

Neil Gaiman has read his The Graveyard Book and I want to try to get these videos to my iTouch.

If I had the videos saved to my computer, I'm sure Format Factory could help me, but how do I save these embedded videos?

PostPosted: 12 Aug 2009, 22:01 
Sheila1313 Memorial Award Recipient

Agrajag wrote:
A little help... This may have been answered before, but I'm not sure how to exactly find it.

Neil Gaiman has read his The Graveyard Book and I want to try to get these videos to my iTouch.

If I had the videos saved to my computer, I'm sure Format Factory could help me, but how do I save these embedded videos?

Orbit?

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 04:18 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

alan smithee wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Orbit?

Looks promising...

ty

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 09:53 

Agrajag wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Orbit?

Looks promising...

ty

np

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 13:18 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

alan smithee wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Orbit?

Looks promising...

ty

np

I use this Firefox add on. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3006

You would then need a program like anyvideo converter (free) to change it to desired format for ipod.

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2009, 14:55 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

fishn4 wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Orbit?

Looks promising...

ty

np

You would then need a program like anyvideo converter (free) to change it to desired format for ipod.

Another add-on? Sweet!

Already downloaded the first half of the book. Thanks!

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 05:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

So I finally got to the point where I have more stuff loaded into my itunes than will fit on my ipod. So it started telling me I couldn't update because there wasn't enough space. I finally got it to co-operate by using the manual settings, and only having it load some of my podcasts. But what I'd really like to do is to have all my podcasts on there, and then only load music in any leftover space. Is there a way or a setting that I can achieve that with?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 06:45 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

Mazer wrote:
So I finally got to the point where I have more stuff loaded into my itunes than will fit on my ipod. So it started telling me I couldn't update because there wasn't enough space. I finally got it to co-operate by using the manual settings, and only having it load some of my podcasts. But what I'd really like to do is to have all my podcasts on there, and then only load music in any leftover space. Is there a way or a setting that I can achieve that with?

On the Summary tab I have "Sync only checked songs and videos" and under Podcasts I have "Sync all unplayed episodes of all podcasts". This is because I obviously want all podcasts I haven't heard yet, but all my music won't fit. But then in my Library I go through and highlight albums I'm not too fussed about carrying with me. Highlight songs, right-click, "Uncheck Selection".

I think this is a better way of handling it than doing the manual sync which is a pain in the butt. Unfortunately you can't have iTunes put random songs on there to fill up whatever space you have, but if you do it the way I do it you can control pretty well what goes on there without having to manually drag and drop.

Then again, I'm waiting for my 32GB iPhone 3GS to arrive, so next week I can wave this problem bye-bye. :D

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 09:48 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Nunis wrote:
Mazer wrote:

On the Summary tab I have "Sync only checked songs and videos" and under Podcasts I have "Sync all unplayed episodes of all podcasts". This is because I obviously want all podcasts I haven't heard yet, but all my music won't fit. But then in my Library I go through and highlight albums I'm not too fussed about carrying with me. Highlight songs, right-click, "Uncheck Selection".

I think this is a better way of handling it than doing the manual sync which is a pain in the butt. Unfortunately you can't have iTunes put random songs on there to fill up whatever space you have, but if you do it the way I do it you can control pretty well what goes on there without having to manually drag and drop.

Then again, I'm waiting for my 32GB iPhone 3GS to arrive, so next week I can wave this problem bye-bye. :D

My 32GB iTouch can't hold all my songs and Podcasts. I'll have to try this unselect method, as I've been just rotating out the podcasts & including all songs.

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 20:56 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Agrajag wrote:
fishn4 wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Agrajag wrote:
alan smithee wrote:
Agrajag wrote:

Orbit?

Looks promising...

ty

np

Another add-on? Sweet!

Already downloaded the first half of the book. Thanks!

Now that I've downloaded the videos using the above add-on, I tried formatting them into files iTunes will recognize, however the files in my dwhelper folder are not recognized by Format Factory.

All are "File"s -- Is there some sort of extracting I need to do?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 21:00 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

What file format are they in now?

PostPosted: 14 Aug 2009, 21:10 
Better in Real Life
Better in Real Life

Nunis wrote:
What file format are they in now?

I'm not joking -- "File"
Attachment:
File.jpg
:wtf:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next