FilmWise Forums
It is currently 13 Dec 2017, 23:56

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2003, 07:17 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

I'm not sure how practical this idea is but here goes. I know that sending DVDs and such isn't ridiculously expensive, not in the UK anyway so if you don't want one of your films anymore offer it up for trade to someone else, or if you really want to see a film and can't get hold of it see if anyone else is willing to part with it, maybe just for a short time. It would be like classified ads in the paper. Maybe it relies too heavily on trust and maybe it's a stupid idea but it's just a thought. Using paypal you could even sell film related items. Anyways post some feedback.

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2003, 07:47 
Queen of FilmWise
Queen of FilmWise

It's not a terrible idea... but remember most folks in Europe only have Region 2 players and most folks in USA only have Region 1 players...

Still, not a bad idea, if anyone has anything to swap...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2003, 11:33 
Meh
Meh

I got a copy of :oops: Cecil B. Demente. Now that's a bad movie.Region 2.

Last edited by Ze on 06 Jan 2003, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2003, 13:57 
One of the Boyz
One of the Boyz

I'm certainly ok with a "swap" board. FilmWise won't be able to take any responsibility for the products though. And people should definitely post what region the DVD is from. If you don't know the number, post what part of the world you're using it in.

If a lot of people want to do it, I'll start another forum. Let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Jan 2003, 15:03 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

I've got EdTV and The Book of Pooh that I don't want and would be willing to swap for ANYTHING that isn't nauseating or for pre-schoolers. Both region 1.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume nobody else wants them either, though!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2003, 10:22 
Lifetime Achievement
Lifetime Achievement

I have the Stan Lee's Marvels Mutants and whatever with Kevin Smith that came with my Spider-Man DVD. It has never been watched (nor ever will be as long as it remains in my home)...

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2003, 11:05 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

S P O N G E wrote:
I have the Stan Lee's Marvels Mutants and whatever with Kevin Smith that came with my Spider-Man DVD. It has never been watched (nor ever will be as long as it remains in my home)...

It's actually quite informative if you liked Spiderman or enjoy comics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2003, 20:14 
Lifetime Achievement
Lifetime Achievement

I liked the movie Spider-man... but I never read the comics much. The only comics I was really into were Batman (and the other Batman titles), Alien Legion, and Daredevil (when Frank Miller was doing it). My college roomie and I would read each other's comics, and he had a lot of DC titles Dark Horse stuff, but no Marvel. Plus, I've seen Stan Lee and Kevin Smith speaking candidly on things, and it isn't terribly riveting for me. I won't watch the DVD... must get rid of it.... must.... soooon....

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2003, 21:00 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Um. Do your kids happen to want "The Book of Pooh"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2003, 21:27 
Captain of the Starship FilmWise

I've been looking for "Battle Royale" for as long as I've been coming to these boards and have met with no success. It is unavailable for rental and I haven't even found it for sale on the internet anywhere. So, um, consider this a "seeking sale, trade or borrow" post.

Also, I've got a copy of "The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over" I got free with my player and a copy of "Going Overboard" starring Adam Sandler. I will give these things away just so I never have to see the cases anymore.

I'm in the United States, btw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2003, 22:53 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A2 wrote:
I've been looking for "Battle Royale" for as long as I've been coming to these boards and have met with no success. It is unavailable for rental and I haven't even found it for sale on the internet anywhere. So, um, consider this a "seeking sale, trade or borrow" post.

Also, I've got a copy of "The Eagles: Hell Freezes Over" I got free with my player and a copy of "Going Overboard" starring Adam Sandler. I will give these things away just so I never have to see the cases anymore.

hahaha i've got the eagles DVD too. I've also got Battle Royale on DVD but i really don't want to let go of it. If you are in LA feel free to come over and watch it, otherwise you can buy it on ebay, that's where i got mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2003, 03:32 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

Anyone in the UK got anything to swop for Usual Suspects or Memento on VHS. I have them both on DVD now so there's not much point in keeping the vids.

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2003, 03:34 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

Oh yeah and incidentally Battle Royale is on general sale over here :P , but it costs £18 :evil: :x so i'm gonna wait to rent it first.

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2003, 05:55 

lttletimmy wrote:
A2 wrote:

hahaha i've got the eagles DVD too. I've also got Battle Royale on DVD but i really don't want to let go of it. If you are in LA feel free to come over and watch it, otherwise you can buy it on ebay, that's where i got mine.

I have bid on it on ebay a couple of times, but I haven't won. I am hesitant to bid too much not knowing whether or not the copy I get will even be the right region for my player. I keep checking places like half.com and amazon and no one ever has a copy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Feb 2003, 07:48 
Lifetime Achievement
Lifetime Achievement

Tell me about Book of Pooh... My kids love the old Disney Pooh DVD we have... "Pooh" is all my son can say at the moment (but as you can imagine, it has multiple meanings).

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2003, 04:51 
FilmWise with Cheese
FilmWise with Cheese

T me J wrote:
I've got EdTV and The Book of Pooh that I don't want and would be willing to swap for ANYTHING that isn't nauseating or for pre-schoolers. Both region 1.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume nobody else wants them either, though!

:lol:

I'll pass on the Pooh book but Ed TV I liked. Pity you're so far away, I would have trade my Hollow Man DVD for it...wha...this is not the Guilty Pleasure Thread?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2003, 11:10 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

A2 wrote:
lttletimmy wrote:
A2 wrote:

I have bid on it on ebay a couple of times, but I haven't won. I am hesitant to bid too much not knowing whether or not the copy I get will even be the right region for my player. I keep checking places like half.com and amazon and no one ever has a copy.

Just make sure that it specifies region 1. I bought mine for $15 because someone had that as a buy it now option, so i went for that. I highly recommend it; it's very controversial and many people hate it, but i think it was excellently done and it has a lot of depth to it. I say it's worth every penny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2003, 12:04 

ok, I just did the old "Buy it now" for a copy that says it will play in all regions. Thanks for the advice.

Another movie called "Suicide Club" came up on my ebay search. The description said it is the same kind of movie or something. Has anyone seen it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2003, 13:17 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

S P O N G E wrote:
Tell me about Book of Pooh... My kids love the old Disney Pooh DVD we have... "Pooh" is all my son can say at the moment (but as you can imagine, it has multiple meanings).

It says here:

The book Of Pooh: Stories from The Heart features innovative, lifelike puppetry and computer animation, six great new songs, plus the wonderfully familiar voices you've grown to love. For learning, fun and imagination that never ends, join Winnie the Pooh and his lovable friends!

Oh my, the description even rhymes. Special bonus features:
When Pooh Was Very Young
Pooh's Puzzles :o
Connect-The-Dots
Coloring Pages
Character Biographies

I haven't watched much of it, and it has been quite a long time, but I think the characters are all CGI or something.. or short people in costumes, or a combination of both.

:-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2003, 13:22 
FilmWiseAss
FilmWiseAss

T me J wrote:
Pooh's Puzzles :o

Yeah... I remember getting sent home from school for trying to figure one of these out... they said I made a hell of a mess. :roll: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Feb 2003, 14:51 
Lifetime Achievement
Lifetime Achievement

Book of Pooh sounds like a winner... I bet they'd love it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: 08 Feb 2003, 16:25 
Meh
Meh

Summer of Sam region 2...I don't know why I bother, I'm in Portugal

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2003, 10:34 
Sir Prize of FilmWise
Sir Prize of FilmWise

This will be my last go at this, if it doesn't take off this time i'll let it die. I'll target it at people in the UK as I know exactly how to do it here. All you'd have to do is go to a post office with your DVD and £1.12 and you could watch some other films. And then possibly swop them with someone else, just like you do with your mates except on a national scale. Now if anyone's interested I'd be happy to swop, for virtually anything I haven't seen, any of these. (all region 2)

AntiTrust
Finding Forrester
The Tailor Of Panama
Requiem For A Dream
Pitch Black
Along Came A Spider
The Terminator

He was glad to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Mar 2003, 10:59 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Ahm, would you send your Requiem for a Dream to Germany? Bad thing is I don't really have anything that I would give away, exept maybe a copy of Halloween H20, that I got with a magazine. It is the normal DVD with every features, just without the cover.

Or you could send it to me to watch and I could send it back to you (I ask because you can only get the dubbed version here :-? )

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 May 2003, 01:49 
Academy Award Winner
Academy Award Winner

Gren wrote:
This will be my last go at this, if it doesn't take off this time i'll let it die. I'll target it at people in the UK as I know exactly how to do it here. All you'd have to do is go to a post office with your DVD and £1.12 and you could watch some other films. And then possibly swop them with someone else, just like you do with your mates except on a national scale. Now if anyone's interested I'd be happy to swop, for virtually anything I haven't seen, any of these. (all region 2)

AntiTrust
Finding Forrester
The Tailor Of Panama
Requiem For A Dream
Pitch Black
Along Came A Spider
The Terminator

Alright Gren

I can't understand why your idea hasn't taken off. I think its a great way to swap stuff. Are you still up for swapping??

"Magic is the first and last religion of the world. It has the power to make us whole, to open our eyes to the Dominions, and return us to ourselves. We are born divided, and long for union. We're joined to everything that was, is and will be. From one end of the Imajica to the other."